PDA

View Full Version : New to AC series and don't know what minimap symbols/icons mean

KDarkmoon
11-21-2013, 04:09 AM
Hi! I purchased ACIV Gold Edition b/c I thought the game looked really fun. This is my first Assassin's Creed game and find that there is stuff that apparently they assume you know about the game. Like what all of the symbols/icons on the mini-map mean. I looked through the emanual in the game's database but can find nothing that tells me what each symbol means. I of course figured out the treasure chest, bird and center (me) symbols/icons on the mini-map. It's the rest I don't know about. i.e. a white triangle, a white triangle with 4 white dots - two leading up each of its top sides, musical notes and what looks like a circle with a dot in the middle with a line coming out from it through the outer circle. I'm sure there are others that I haven't encountered yet b/c I've pretty much stopped in the first area during the chase after the assassin where that glowing pyramid is.

Which leads me to the next thing, when exploring I found a glowing golden pyramid hanging in mid air a little bit off a tree branch tip and can't seem to interact with it in any way nor do I know what it is supposed to represent.

I've tried searching with Google for mini-map icons/symbols as well as the glowing pyramid thing but can find nothing that tells me what they mean or what to do with them. Anyone out there that can help me would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

HypeR.tgL
11-21-2013, 04:10 AM
It's a animus fragment I believe. Maybe.

They're just collectibles for unlocking cheats.

Just open your map and press R1 or whatever to view your map legend, that will show every map icon along with it's name.

KDarkmoon
11-21-2013, 04:26 AM
Sorry, I forgot to mention I am playing this on the PC with keyboard/mouse and haven't found any control that turns on the mini-map legend.

Nevermind, I found the "island information" is what I'm looking for and it is my middle mouse button.

Thank you!

ProletariatPleb
11-21-2013, 04:30 AM
Sorry, I forgot to mention I am playing this on the PC with keyboard/mouse and haven't found any control that turns on the mini-map legend.
Open map, press Home key. Opens the legend, it's scrollable so don't think just the icons visible initially are all that are in there, scroll down.

KDarkmoon
11-21-2013, 04:55 AM
Open map, press Home key. Opens the legend, it's scrollable so don't think just the icons visible initially are all that are in there, scroll down.

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you!