PDA

View Full Version : *BUG FOUND* Eagle Vision/God Rays

BuryYourHead707
11-21-2013, 12:56 AM
Currently I am experiencing an issue that causes my "God Rays" to be set to "Low" any time I use Eagle Vision.
I set it to "High" so I'm not sure how using the "Eagle Vision" could cause it to change to "Low".
I haven't tried testing it with "God Rays" "Off", so I might have to update this soon.

I know that I am not the only person experiencing these problems. There are a few posts about it in the Steam discussion.
Please Ubisoft, take notice of this as well as the Cloud Sync bugs other users are having.

If it helps at all, my specs are as follows:
i7-3770k @3.5Ghz
ASUS Maximus V Extreme
Patriot Viper Black DDR3 16GB(2x8GB) @1866Mhz
EVGA 4GB GTX680
TT Smart PSU 800W
1TB 7200RPM HDD

Windows 8.1 Release (64-Bit)
331.82 WHQL nVidia Drivers

Anyone else having this issue? Any other bugs you would like to share? Please, post them here for all of us to discuss, and hopefully we'll garner enough attention for this to be addressed. (It's sad that this has to be said about a full price release...)

xx-moBo-xx
11-21-2013, 04:18 AM
Yes I am getting the same God Ray bug too. I noticed the reset to low, but didnt realize exactly what was causing it until I read your post. Same thing, eagle vision.
GTX 670
331.82 WHQL nVidia Drivers
Windows 7 x64

rrmartinezdl
11-21-2013, 04:26 AM
You can find all the bugs you want, they dont give a crap
http://www.videogamer.com/pc/assassins_creed_4_black_flag/news/assassins_creed_4_producer_says_pc_optimisation_is nt_important.html

I hope they enjoy every penny of my AC3 preorder because they are not getting anything from me.

crystaltribe
11-21-2013, 09:13 AM
go to documents, find the graphics config file named Assassin, make it "Read Only" after you set the graphics you want. It shouldn't switch again.

BuryYourHead707
11-21-2013, 11:01 AM
You can find all the bugs you want, they dont give a crap
http://www.videogamer.com/pc/assassins_creed_4_black_flag/news/assassins_creed_4_producer_says_pc_optimisation_is nt_important.html

I hope they enjoy every penny of my AC3 preorder because they are not getting anything from me.

I'm not here to **** on Ubisoft's business practice, or PR management.
I'm here to report a bug I've experienced within their product.

If you had actually read that article, you'd realize he wasn't speaking on behalf of glitches/bugs.
He was referring to graphics performance, in which case, he was correct. On PC we do have the luxury of upgrading as we see fit.
If you're not getting 60fps on Ultra with your setup, don't complain and say you'll buy the console version...
PS4 and XBO are both mixures of Med/High Settings at 30fps... The PC has 4K textures for cryin' out loud, do you know what that does to vRam?
Nevermind the Soft Shadows or the never-ending AA options. We have it good, and like he said in the article, upgrade if you can't run it.
(Hint: If you're smart,no, can search Google, then you should be able to figure out how to get the game running smooth without the upgrade.)

go to documents, find the graphics config file named Assassin, make it "Read Only" after you set the graphics you want. It shouldn't switch again.

Thank you for the info, I will give this a shot and return to confirm its success.

vidall
11-21-2013, 01:24 PM
I'm experiencing the same problem. (thats how I ended up here). I didn't know that was related to eagle vision... I only notice that my god rays was going to **** from time to time... now I know when and why.

I tried crystaktribe suggestion but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. =/

sudhirsmani
11-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Same issue here. Anybody see a bug report on technical forums ?

GTX 670 AMP! on the 331.82 Drivers
i7-930 @ 4.2Ghz

williamarmor
11-21-2013, 05:44 PM
if you guys have fps problem in 1080p try in 720p i have a GTX 760 and i run at ultra with FXAA and i get steady fps 58-60

DarkTriumphant
11-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Yes thank you so, so much for figuring this out. I noticed that God Rays would go from High to Low and I figured it was when I fast traveled or the game went to the loading screen.

But yes I can confirm it's because of Eagle Vision. I thought it was that my Rig couldn't do High, so the game automatically set it to Low. Hopefully Ubi can patch this in their upcoming Graphics Patch that will add PhysX as well as more graphical optimizations.

I can also confirm that Read-Only the config doesn't work. I tried that to troubleshoot something else and while it won't override it in config, it doesn't stay on High ingame.

BTW, I have all AMD parts so this affects everybody.

vidall
11-22-2013, 08:44 AM
if you guys have fps problem in 1080p try in 720p i have a GTX 760 and i run at ultra with FXAA and i get steady fps 58-60

Hi mate, before screwing up your resolution, try to get rid of the Soft Shadows. It's immensly demanding and make a huge impact on your frame rate.. More than the resolution.

On Shadow Settings change from Soft (High) to Very High. But choosing anything that is not soft, you will gain a good kick on performance and shadows on very high wont make you lose any image quality. The quality is the same, only sharper in comparison to the smooth shadows you get when choosing soft. Its impossible to note during gameplay, only if you stop and look at the ground. Besides, its not worse or better, just different and much ligher on your system.

psychic717
11-22-2013, 07:46 PM
I hope this gets fixed soon.
Someone should forward this to the devs.

sudhirsmani
11-23-2013, 09:12 AM
Have started a bug report thread in the Technical Support forum

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810767-*BUG-REPORT*-Eagle-Vision-Turns-God-Rays-to-Low

Ommicrone
05-29-2014, 06:46 PM
Hello,

Had the same problem and updating the game fixed the issue...

Locopells
05-29-2014, 07:43 PM
Have started a bug report thread in the Technical Support forum

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810767-*BUG-REPORT*-Eagle-Vision-Turns-God-Rays-to-Low

In which case, I'll close this for you.