Radman500
11-21-2013, 12:23 AM
What are Sages? is this new fluff for the AC universe

it says on wiki, reincarnation of Aita

who is Aita?

was Desmond a sage?

Krayus Korianis
11-21-2013, 12:27 AM
Desmond was not a sage. Reincarnation of Aita means that Juno (Aita's wife) took Aita's DNA and encoded it within the Human species they created. Thus every time one is born, and the pieces are all together, they create a living embodiment of Aita. The eyes, the face, the voice. ALL of it is Aita. They also have the memories of Aita as well as their own experiences.

John Roberts (Bartholomew Roberts/Black Bart) is a Sage because of this.

Radman500
11-21-2013, 12:28 AM
ok.... so where does the modern storyline move from the next game?

DetroitPlaya
11-21-2013, 12:28 AM
A sage is the reincarnation of Aita - the in-game lore explains how it came to be. Basically: Juno put a waste DNA in the human race, which had a chance of triggering... Reincarnating her husband Aita.

And no, Desmond wasn't a sage.

so is John Roberts the only living sage at this time...

is he a good guy or a villian?

Depends.

Do you think Juno's goals seem good, or bad?

Radman500
11-21-2013, 12:30 AM
was Aita an important figure.....

DetroitPlaya
11-21-2013, 12:32 AM
was Aita an important figure.....

Yes. Husband of Aita, Overseer of the Pieces of Eden, Architect of the Observatory, etc.. etc.. You can read more here (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Aita)

Didn't you play the game or what?

LoyalACFan
11-21-2013, 01:54 AM
Yes. Husband of Aita, Overseer of the Pieces of Eden, Architect of the Observatory, etc.. etc.. You can read more here (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Aita)

Didn't you play the game or what?

Err... husband of Juno :p

DetroitPlaya
11-21-2013, 01:57 AM
Err... husband of Juno :p

Whoops! Yeah sorry :P

LoyalACFan
11-21-2013, 02:53 AM
Whoops! Yeah sorry :P

No worries, lol.

Funny thing is, when I first played AC3, I thought Aita was supposed to be human. He wore the same basic clothes as the mindless human slave goons, whereas every First Civ character we had previously seen was decked out in all kinds of extravagant duds. I kinda thought the half-breed offspring that eventually bred the Assassins came from Aita and Juno, but then I saw the email where she said she hated humans with a passion, and I was like "WTF, weren't you married to one?" Guess AC4 cleared all that up for good.