PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever get the Ezio trilogy?

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-21-2013, 12:13 AM
So, I was just wondering what version AC2 comes with it. Is it just the standard version or does it come with Bonfire of the Vanities, Battle of Forli, and the Bonus Skin..? I read on the AC Wiki that the PS3 version came with those things but the wiki doesn't even acknowledge that it was later made for 360 as well so I'm wondering...

1. Is the wiki correct?
2. Is the 360 version the same as PS3's version? (meaning it also includes the DLC)
and 3. Does it also have the Templar lairs.

I'm also curious if ACB and ACR come with their DLC or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

SleezeRocker
11-21-2013, 12:54 AM
Supposedly AC2 does include the extra addons. Also Ezio's trilogy is not on X360, only PS3.
ACB/R do not have extra addons, must buy those on your own.

Also a Note:
The disc in standard is ACR. AC2 and ACB must be 'Installed' into your hardrive but also require you always have the Ezio's disc in your system to play them. So be prepared to have about 20GB of free space in your Ps3.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-21-2013, 01:36 AM
Supposedly AC2 does include the extra addons. Also Ezio's trilogy is not on X360, only PS3.

Also a Note:
The disc in standard is ACR. AC2 and ACB must be 'Installed' into your hardrive but also require you always have the Ezio's disc in your system to play them. So be prepared to have about 20GB of free space in your Ps3.

It really is for 360 though...

http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Trilogy-Edition-Xbox-360/dp/B00EVWZHLK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1384993948&sr=8-2&keywords=assassins+creed+ezio+trilogy

http://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/BestBuy_US/images/products/1963/1963005_500x500_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidt h=500

I watched an unboxing on youtube and the 360 version apparently comes with 3 discs... but the case didn't have the usual "flaps" for the extra discs, they were all just on the same peg.

SleezeRocker
11-21-2013, 01:46 AM
Oh wow I did not know that! I have NEVER seen it in stores. Well aside that, i think content wise it's still applicable as the Ps3

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-21-2013, 01:54 AM
Oh wow I did not know that! I have NEVER seen it in stores. Well aside that, i think content wise it's still applicable as the Ps3

Yeah...it was very hard to find any website talk about it because it was only PS3 initially... I think it came to PC next and then 360 or something. But I found it for 360 on amazon and online pretty quickly so it's strange that almost no one acknowledges it haha

Anyway, I'd assume it's comparable to PS3's offering but I thought that it's *possible* Ubi went "ehh, we'll just put the standard versions of the games in the 360 version and call it a day.

I hope not but if it is, maybe Amazon will be nice and let me return the game.... As it is, I only want it for the "complete" AC2 since I have all the games. It's the only way for me to currently get the Bonus Skin since I live in America and the GOTY edition of AC2 was never released here apparently... but I would be spending somewhere between 20 to 30 bucks on 3 games I already own just for two new sequences in AC2, 3 new (short) Templar Lairs, and a bonus skin.

UGH. I wish the GOTY edition had been released here... -_-

SleezeRocker
11-21-2013, 02:11 AM
If you want the sequence and the bonus missions, I think you can buy that 'Sequence' Bundle for AC2. I'm almost certain that on Ps3, there was the bundle addon for like 8-9$ and it has the 2 memories, the 3 Lairs and..I THINK it mentioned about a bonus Ezio armor. Check if your XBL has anything of the sort

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-21-2013, 02:18 AM
If you want the sequence and the bonus missions, I think you can buy that 'Sequence' Bundle for AC2. I'm almost certain that on Ps3, there was the bundle addon for like 8-9$ and it has the 2 memories, the 3 Lairs and..I THINK it mentioned about a bonus Ezio armor. Check if your XBL has anything of the sort

No.. I think there are 2 DLCs

Battle of Forli is one

Bonfire of the Vanities is the other one and it comes with the Templar Lairs. Each is only like 4 bucks now which is a LOT less expensive but would also mean I'd never get the Bonus Skin because then I'd be paying let's say 25 for the Ezio trilogy which comes with the Bonus Skin but that'd be the only new thing since I'd already have gotten the other DLC. I'm not sure it's worth it just to have "everything" I possibly can but the bonus skin is cool but then again, I usually use the default colors anyway. :l

SleezeRocker
11-21-2013, 02:23 AM
Well im not one to judge but....If you ask me, I really don't think it be worth it just for a costume. that's just me. In AC2 I usually roll with either Florence Scarlet or wetlands ebony hahaha
That money I think'd you be better off saving it for a game you may like and from B. Friday-Christmas lot's of stuff will go on sale. but that's just me, ;)

Sushiglutton
11-21-2013, 02:35 AM
Hopefully it comes with Vanities and not Forli lol. The former is excellent (Ezio's speech at the end is a classic), while the latter is so awful it still hurts to think about it.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-21-2013, 03:43 AM
Well im not one to judge but....If you ask me, I really don't think it be worth it just for a costume. that's just me. In AC2 I usually roll with either Florence Scarlet or wetlands ebony hahaha
That money I think'd you be better off saving it for a game you may like and from B. Friday-Christmas lot's of stuff will go on sale. but that's just me, ;)

True. I want tosave up for an Xbox One + AC4 anyway so I might just say "Screw it" to the bonus skin anyway.

Hopefully it comes with Vanities and not Forli lol. The former is excellent (Ezio's speech at the end is a classic), while the latter is so awful it still hurts to think about it.

It comes with both. I doubt Forli is that bad anyway... it might just not be that great.

Landruner
11-21-2013, 03:45 AM

Also a Note:

It on Xbox 360 now as well - $22 at Amazon.com New.

To the OP, For the XB360 That the same version than PS3 - You still have to buy the DLCs for ACB and ACR.
It comes with three disks, and all of them are platinum hits editions

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-21-2013, 05:36 AM
It on Xbox 360 now as well - $22 at Amazon.com New.

To the OP, For the XB360 That the same version than PS3 - You still have to buy the DLCs for ACB and ACR.
It comes with three disks, and all of them are platinum hits editions

Good to know. Still unsure if I want to *eventually* get this just to have the complete AC game or if I want to just get the DLC separately and forget the Bonus Skin.

I'm still a bit bummed that I never played Project Legacy and didn't get the Medici or Venetian Cape and now never will since the game is off Facebook so I'd like to have the Bonus Skin since it's a similar thing. But idk...it's so much more expensive to get the Ezio Trilogy. :/

Kagurra
11-21-2013, 06:03 AM
Good to know. Still unsure if I want to *eventually* get this just to have the complete AC game or if I want to just get the DLC separately and forget the Bonus Skin.

I'm still a bit bummed that I never played Project Legacy and didn't get the Medici or Venetian Cape and now never will since the game is off Facebook so I'd like to have the Bonus Skin since it's a similar thing. But idk...it's so much more expensive to get the Ezio Trilogy. :/

I wouldn't do it just for a skin.

Speaking of, I remember when all I ever wanted in AC:R was the Altair skin but it only came with the ultimate edition, and then once I was done with the game and mailed it to a friend of mine, they release DLC that lets you buy the skin itself, or if you want all the preorder stuff in one pack. Duuuuumb.

phoenix-force411
11-21-2013, 06:10 AM
I bought all my AC games separately just so they have their own covers. My ACR is the Signature Edition, kinda disappointing, but it's fine cover and I don't complain much about it.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-21-2013, 08:11 AM
I bought all my AC games separately just so they have their own covers. My ACR is the Signature Edition, kinda disappointing, but it's fine cover and I don't complain much about it.

Yeah I wanted each cover. I remember when the covers were all similar: Main historical protagonist surrounded by others and clearly in the Animus. Then AC3 went and f*cked it all up and had a cover of Connor killing a bloke with a tomahawk. Bad ***? Yes. But it didn't fit the other cases. That's why I got the pre-order from Best Buy since they gave the steelbook cases by Alex Ross and that one fits a LOT more -- it's just Connor perched and stoic (not killing anyone) AND Alex Ross even colore his coat white and red which matches better than the default white and blue.

phoenix-force411
11-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Yeah I wanted each cover. I remember when the covers were all similar: Main historical protagonist surrounded by others and clearly in the Animus. Then AC3 went and f*cked it all up and had a cover of Connor killing a bloke with a tomahawk. Bad ***? Yes. But it didn't fit the other cases. That's why I got the pre-order from Best Buy since they gave the steelbook cases by Alex Ross and that one fits a LOT more -- it's just Connor perched and stoic (not killing anyone) AND Alex Ross even colore his coat white and red which matches better than the default white and blue.

Each cover is unique in its own way. I don't judge by the cover and the ACIII cover didn't bother me.

SleezeRocker
11-21-2013, 07:28 PM
@Bob Yeah you might as well buy something you will enjoy for the long term ;)

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-21-2013, 11:34 PM
@Bob Yeah you might as well buy something you will enjoy for the long term ;)

I suppose haha. I'm trying to look to the future and see if I'll regret not getting the Bonus Skin (kind of like I regretted not playing Project Legacy and getting the Medici and Venecian capes for Brotherhood even if I wouldn't use them that often) and I would but I'm trying to see if that regret is worth more thn the money I'd save now.

It is silly though, to do this all for a skin, which is why I don't want to download the DLC and give me less reason (re: excuse.) Like, as it stands, I don't have the DLC for AC2 so at the moment I can justify getting the Ezio trilogy for Battle of Forli, Bonfire of the Vanities, 3 Templar Lairs, and the Bonus Skin. But if I buy the DLC on it's own and get the two sequences and 3 Templar Lairs...then, like I said, if I bought the Ezio trilogy later... it'd be literally JUST for the Bonus Skin which is, ridiculous and I wouldn't do that. At least now, I can KIND of say it's worth it. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any used copies of the Ezio trilogy for cheaper to make my decision easier :P

thelastdisciple
11-22-2013, 12:41 AM
I posted a thread regarding this trilogy's availability in Canada recently in the community help forum but have yet to get a response, maybe someone here that knows something about this trilogy on PS3 could tell me why it's so rare for having only been released last Fall.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/808551-Ezio-Trilogy-availability-in-Canada

Of course i also had asked about this on Ubisoft's Support FB page and they couldn't tell me anything helpful just that it "may have been limited"...

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-22-2013, 05:00 AM
I posted a thread regarding this trilogy's availability in Canada recently in the community help forum but have yet to get a response, maybe someone here that knows something about this trilogy on PS3 could tell me why it's so rare for having only been released last Fall.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/808551-Ezio-Trilogy-availability-in-Canada

Of course i also had asked about this on Ubisoft's Support FB page and they couldn't tell me anything helpful just that it "may have been limited"...

Is it not possible for you to order off of an online store...?

That would be my suggestion. I've never seen it in stores for 360 but it's available on Amazon and is probably the best way for me to get it (if I decide to)

RinoTheBouncer
11-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Buy the AC Anthology box set, it has basically everything, not to mention the awesome packaging. It’s on eBay and it’s not that expensive.

roostersrule2
11-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Buy the AC Anthology box set, it has basically everything, not to mention the awesome packaging. It’s on eBay and it’s not that expensive.But AC3 is in it, surely you don't want to wish that burden on some poor fellow?

RinoTheBouncer
11-22-2013, 11:47 AM
But AC3 is in it, surely you don't want to wish that burden on some poor fellow?

Hehehehehe. C’mon it wasn’t that bad, except for the errr mmmm ... you know.

thelastdisciple
11-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Is it not possible for you to order off of an online store...?

That would be my suggestion. I've never seen it in stores for 360 but it's available on Amazon and is probably the best way for me to get it (if I decide to)

I'd have to spend $50-$100 on a pre-paid card since i don't have a credit card, which always seems a bit ridiculous because it's like you're paying more than the price of the product you intended to buy at first (obviously whatever money is left over can be used for other stuff on card but as far as trying to save money.... it'd be a last ditch effort).

It's still about $50 for a new copy on Amazon.ca (and even then they only have 1 copy in stock)...i could save at least $20 if i was able to find it somewhere else and for me that's a big deal.

As far as Ebay i guess that's all I'm left with, found this listing which isn't bad http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Assassins-Creed-Ezio-Trilogy-II-Brotherhood-Revelations-PS3-NEW-/231100191289?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item35cea51239&_uhb=1

$24.06 + $3.14 shipping. At least it's cheaper than Amazon, I'd still have to get a $50 card which is a little insane when all you wanted to do in the first place was just spend $30 damn dollars.

Also the Assassin's Creed Anthology is only available in the UK from what I've found and I'd have to pay out the *** to import it online.

roostersrule2
11-22-2013, 02:35 PM
They brought an AC: Anthology pack to the US a couple months ago I think, I believe it was called AC: Heritage.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Buy the AC Anthology box set, it has basically everything, not to mention the awesome packaging. It’s on eBay and it’s not that expensive.

I can't seem to find that for America. Regardless, I already have all the games, the only reason I wanted to get the Ezio Trilogy was for the extra AC2 content since we never got the GOTY editions and even that's already like spending somewhere between 20 and 30 dollars for 3 games I already own and some new additions to only one of the games. So the Anthology Edition would be an even bigger waste for me since I have all the games already. Plus AC2 is the only AC, not counting AC3, that I never got DLC for. I didn't care for AC3 nor the Tyranny DLC for it so I'd be spending however much MORE for 5 games I own; AC1 with no new features, AC2 with the DLC I want, ACB + DLC I already own, ACR + DLC I already own, and AC3 + DLC I'm not really interested in.

But AC3 is in it, surely you don't want to wish that burden on some poor fellow?

This made me laugh haha (x
I personally liked the Revolutionary War story but the gameplay was poopoo 'cause the cities weren't fun for parkour, Desmond's story went absolutely nowhere and did nothing and everything that led up to it was made pointless and UGH, etc.

So the story was decent but maaaaaan... It just wasn't stellar by any stretch. I hope AC4 is a LOT better.

I'd have to spend $50-$100 on a pre-paid card since i don't have a credit card, which always seems a bit ridiculous because it's like you're paying more than the price of the product you intended to buy at first (obviously whatever money is left over can be used for other stuff on card but as far as trying to save money.... it'd be a last ditch effort).

It's still about $50 for a new copy on Amazon.ca (and even then they only have 1 copy in stock)...i could save at least $20 if i was able to find it somewhere else and for me that's a big deal.

As far as Ebay i guess that's all I'm left with, found this listing which isn't bad http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Assassins-Creed-Ezio-Trilogy-II-Brotherhood-Revelations-PS3-NEW-/231100191289?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item35cea51239&_uhb=1

$24.06 + $3.14 shipping. At least it's cheaper than Amazon, I'd still have to get a $50 card which is a little insane when all you wanted to do in the first place was just spend $30 damn dollars.

Also the Assassin's Creed Anthology is only available in the UK from what I've found and I'd have to pay out the *** to import it online.

Ohhh, yeah that does suck. I guess Ebay is your best bet (maybe there's another 20-ish dollar game on there you could get as well since you have to get a 50 dollar card.

Another alternative is just...going around everywhere. Various stores that might have the game, various game shops that might have it new or used, etc.

They brought an AC: Anthology pack to the US a couple months ago I think, I believe it was called AC: Heritage.

I can't seem to find that for America either but I didn't do much of a search because there's one major difference between the Anthology and Heritage Collections.

The Anthology has every AC game + ALL DLC for each game
The Heritage has every AC game + NO DLC for any game

Which would be an even sillier thing for me to get than the Anthology since it wouldn't even come with the DLC I want xP