PDA

View Full Version : Game freezing within minutes, worked perfect yesterday.

emwearz
11-21-2013, 12:03 AM
So yesterday I played up to the third act, everything was fine, the game ran smooth enough, etc.

Today I start playing and it freezes within a minute, I reset, it freezes during the menu, reset again, freezes in the loading screen.

Has anyone else had these issues? Any known fixes?

EDIT: All drivers are up to date, Direct X is up to date, etc. Nothing has changed from the game working, me shutting it down, powering on pc and it not working.

redbull2201
11-21-2013, 12:23 AM
i,m having the same issue just downloaded the game and pressing new game it freezed.

emwearz
11-21-2013, 12:41 AM
Just wanted to post some more details. I have also tried verifying the game files, no change.

My PC
Intel i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz
AMD 3GB 7950
16GB DDR3 1600

Windows 8.1 fully updated.
Using the latest beta drivers from AMD for my GPU.

Novawyrm
11-21-2013, 01:20 AM
Same here Downloaded it yesterday and had issues. Restarted the whole computer and it ran just fine for about 2 hours. Tried this morning and it locked up saying the AC4BFSP.exe has stopped working during the very first loading screen. It did download a patch for the uplay starter this morning. No idea what it added.

CarlosAndrade10
11-21-2013, 02:06 AM
I had the same problem with just one difference: Since the very first time a started playing, it freezes.FIrst time when I had to take Edward to the beach and then when I had to pursuit the assassin, when I went to synchronize at that wooden tower. No idea what to do.

KIRHAN30
11-21-2013, 04:14 AM
Do you guys use the xbox360 gamepad emulator? I had a similar problem yesterday when I used an old version of it. Game freezes on the start screen or randomly during the game. Some hooking mode problems. If so, you need an update.

TheRealDooleh
11-21-2013, 03:49 PM
Do you guys use the xbox360 gamepad emulator? I had a similar problem yesterday when I used an old version of it. Game freezes on the start screen or randomly during the game. Some hooking mode problems. If so, you need an update.

I was using x360ce, and deleting it fixed the freezing for me (+ it turns out the game doesn't even need x360ce with my cordless rumblepad 2, it just defaults to 360 button icons by itself). I just played for 3 hours without any problems, thank you very much for the info Kirhan.