PDA

View Full Version : Wildcards after Five Towers

emzee620
11-20-2013, 10:09 PM
Does anyone have any information or predictions as to what price changes, if any, will be made to the Altar of Wishes after the new expansion? For example, would the price of FW cards go down, etc.
Thanks =)

michallato
11-20-2013, 11:26 PM
I think they will go down.They will cos like cards from Hotv or Vr

zerolimiti
12-03-2013, 01:53 PM
and what about Vr? it should cost as now is the first base, isn't it? Anyone knows?

Baduruu
12-03-2013, 03:31 PM
and what about Vr? it should cost as now is the first base, isn't it? Anyone knows?

this we will have to see, we dont have a referance yet to how Expansions prices may get adjusted, you are simply assuming that only new set will be more expensive for wilcards and only 2 sets will be "in the middle" price of wildcards, and everything else should cost what the first expansion cards cost in WC. again as we havent seen this happen yet or before, we have no idea what VR or HotV cards will cost in WC yet

Kinetic_42
12-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Its also possible WC won't go down at all, and new expos will just give more and more WCs.

WayneGace
12-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Any information?

Freyjan
12-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Any information?

Looks like all the old prices stayed the same. FW packs for gold mirror what happened last expansion (17,500/24,000 gold for normal/premium packs, 1 wild card in a FW pack).

Also sadly you only get 26 WC per new box (2 per pack + 6 bonus) as opposed to 37 from FW boxes when they were new (3 per pack + 7 bonus).

Five Towers uniques are 32 wild cards in the altar of wishes. I'll take a guess and say the rares will probably be 20.

Vengyre
12-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Also sadly you only get 26 WC per new box (2 per pack + 6 bonus) as opposed to 37 from FW boxes when they were new (3 per pack + 7 bonus).

Five Towers uniques are 32 wild cards in the altar of wishes. I'll take a guess and say the rares will probably be 20.
So first they nerf WC per box, then they also increase price instead of making them the same as FW...

Kyrkitao
12-05-2013, 10:11 PM
I really dislike the escalation of wildcard prices. Assuming they translate all the way down, you can get a 5T common for 4 or a base set rare for 5. Similarly, a 5T uncommon for 12 or a base set rare and epic for 13. I already wasn't thrilled to pay for FW cards in the altar, I have no desire to pay truly outrageous prices for 5T.

S1ju3k
12-06-2013, 12:49 AM
Hey guys,

Did anyone experience this problem? My new packs are not dropping wildcards since 5 tower release (the ones that guarantee 1 card plus 40% chance for an extra one).
Does anyone know how I can leave a ticket or something to get my wild cards?

Dsaraki
12-06-2013, 01:10 AM
And seems fair to me to think that the next expansion the rare cards will cost us 25 WC, and the epics 40...
I'm a casher, but i'm really worried about this prices, after all , that way the game will be very frustrating to new players, and without new players the game can't grow, and won't make stand when HearthStone comes out of beta.
O like DoC WAY more than HS, but this change made me think again if is worth of my investiment, or if it will fail.
The time betwen expansions was too short to me, i'm playing cardgames since 2001 and i see many rise and fail, rush out series is a common mistake that led many games to the grave...

titusthefox
12-08-2013, 01:10 PM
A really bad move on the devs part. One of my friends dropped the game once this happened, since it shows how focused they are on greed. It was fine as it was, why make things worse?

gabusan
01-28-2014, 09:04 PM
I think 5 towers cards will be put on par with other expansions as soon as a new expansion (other than base set 2) is released. However, I doubt any expansion will ever be as cheap as base set. It would be nice, though.