PDA

View Full Version : [Steam] 2 different versions of the pre-order Gold Edition

gh0stw4lker
11-20-2013, 05:20 PM
EDIT: Resolved! Everybody should have a Season Pass key now.

There are 2 different versions, one lacks the Season Pass and other DLC:

Gold Edition Pre-Order (32041 (http://steamdb.info/sub/32041/#section_apps))
- Assassinís Creed IV Black Flag
- Assassin's Creed Black Flag - Crusader & Florentine Pack (SP)
- Assassin's Creed Black Flag - Death Vessel Pack (SP)
- Assassin's Creed Black Flag - Season Pass
- Assassinís Creed IV Black Flag - Gold Edition Activation Key

Gold Edition Pre-Order (32836 (http://steamdb.info/sub/32836/#section_apps))

BridgetFisher
11-20-2013, 05:32 PM
There are 2 different versions, one lacks the Season Pass and other DLC:

Gold Edition Pre-Order (32041 (http://steamdb.info/sub/32041/#section_apps))
- Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag
- Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag - Gold Edition Activation Key

Gold Edition Pre-Order (32836 (http://steamdb.info/sub/32836/#section_apps))
- Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag
- Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag - Gold Edition Activation Key

I preordered the gold version from steam.
All I got was a gold activation code.
Im missing my season pass death vessel, crusader and kraken.

I feel ripped off, I emailed ubisoft support but they told me its steams fault.
I dont care whose fault it is as a customer I just want what I payed for.

gh0stw4lker
11-20-2013, 05:39 PM
I don't know why there are 2 pre-order versions (maybe one was used for Amazon purchases), but it looks like someone forgot to update one.

It would be great if Mr_Shade or someone else could forward this.

Mr_Shade
11-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Hi,

if you have differences on the same product - from the same retailer - you need to contact that retailer.

Retailers may have different DLC / ULC - pre-order offers, so they are the best people to ask about contents.

They are also the only ones able to answer questions about your orders.

BridgetFisher
11-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Steam said to contact ubisoft, funny enough ubisoft support said to contact steam.

is there a way someone from ubisoft could contact steam? Since they have a relationship to figure out what the mixup was?

maybe we as customers arent using the right lingo with them to convey the issue of the missing items, someone there might have a much easier time since they would know who to talk to and how to talk to them.

Mr_Shade
11-20-2013, 06:46 PM
I can ask:

what region is the Steam Store you are using?

Is it just one product - ordered twice with different outcomes?

Is the game listed twice?

Steam should be able to tell you why two products differ though? - are they both the same price? - if not, then that maybe the difference, along with the content.

BridgetFisher
11-20-2013, 06:57 PM
I can ask:

what region is the Steam Store you are using?

Is it just one product - ordered twice with different outcomes?

Is the game listed twice?

Steam should be able to tell you why two products differ though? - are they both the same price? - if not, then that maybe the difference, along with the content.

I preordered AC4 Gold edition on steam in the US which is North America for the region.
As far as I know the gold editions are the same price, at least Im not aware of any difference I payed 79.99
I got one code for the gold edition and no additional codes for the season pass or other content.
Other people for some reason got the codes, I am not sure why. There never was two gold editions or three or four, just the one that I ever saw on the store page.

This confusion I think is why maybe when we are messaging steam and ubisoft customer support their not understanding the issue. Because maybe were bad at explaining it properly, haha.
But yea were all stuck because steam says to contact ubisoft and ubisoft says to contact steam. Which is great but both of them saying contact the other isnt helping, maybe if someone who has a relationship with steam could email them they might know the lingo a bit better to explain the issue that some Gold customers got all the keys and some customers like me, just got a Gold key and were missing the other keys.

gh0stw4lker
11-20-2013, 07:20 PM
There is only one Gold Edition available now that the game is released. It contains the same content as Sub ID 32041 (http://steamdb.info/sub/32041/#section_apps). People who purchase it now get more content than the ones who pre-ordered the Gold Edition and ended up with Sub ID 32836 (http://steamdb.info/sub/32836/#section_apps).

Gold Edition (32040 (http://steamdb.info/sub/32040/#section_apps))

Mr_Shade
11-20-2013, 07:26 PM
In that case, I can only suggest you also complain directly to Steam, since it's down to them to correct that, if they altered it - I will also report it my end, however make sure you have a support logged with steam too!

BridgetFisher
11-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Nothing was altered description wise on the store page, the Gold from before says the same thing as the Gold now.

Its some weird techno mumbo jumbo thing where people who preordered it somehow even though its the same thing its cataloged differently in their system meaning even though its the same thing it has some diff number as stated above giving people different things, even though those same things were said before and now, I see no difference in the store page from yesterday and today for example.

Does that make sense? weird right?
Hmm while I am not up on this mumbo jumo of numbers and stuff, I bet who ever deals with steam would understand it and be able to convey it better than we do :P

Darkvist
11-20-2013, 09:23 PM
I'm having the same issue.

zenemix
11-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Mr. Shade or any other forum manager or any Ubi insider who might be reading this:

While it may be steam's responsibility to distributing the keys, the game is an Ubisoft game and this reflects poorly on both Steam/Valve and Ubisoft.

There is in fact culpability on Ubisoft's part since they insist on having their own drm/account scheme. I've never had issues with any other steam game since most of them don't rely on external keys. I'm more inclined to keep buying steam games and quit buying ubisoft games from any store because of this. I've spent hundreds of dollars across multiple platforms on Ubi games, many on steam, but I'm willing to stop based on this issue and the lack of attention it is getting. Given the size of Steam's userbase, I'm sure purchases from Steam are a non-trivial portion of revenue.

This issue is not isolated to one or two people as you can see on the following discussions:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/242050/discussions/0/666826703394374765/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/242050/discussions/0/666826703373478782/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/242050/discussions/0/666826703324143279/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/242050/discussions/0/666826703392489555/

That's a whole bunch of pissed of customers. I imagine it would be easier for someone at Ubisoft to get Steam's attention on the issue. I entourage you to do so. Saying that it's Steam's responsibility alone, no, sorry, it isn't and skirting responsibility is bad customer service. Whether we bought the game from Steam or directly from Ubisoft, we are your customers and we have not received the product we paid for.

KWK3
11-20-2013, 09:55 PM
I also only got one Key on steam, no season passkey or any other content with the gold edition!! BTW it even allows you to buy the season pass...when we are supposed to have it already
I believe the store page says the gold edition included the season pass Aveline and more content. How and when is this getting fixed???

zenemix
11-20-2013, 09:57 PM
What really gets me is no one at Ubisoft seems to care. Folks who waited until after the game was released are not having this issue and have all of their content.

My guess would be, pirates also have all of the content.

Those of us loyal enough to pre-order? Short end of the stick. So much for loyalty...

JadeStarrz
11-20-2013, 09:58 PM
I just wanted to say thank you Mr Shade for being as helpful as you can. I'm one of the people who bought it on Steam and we're tracking this issue in hopes of getting it fixed. It's great to see that someone on Ubisoft side is trying to help too.

Reaper_430
11-20-2013, 10:01 PM
I am having the same issue – no season pass or other associated DLC. Have sent support tickets to both Ubisoft and Steam. Would be nice to get this fixed soon – won’t be playing the game until I get the content that I paid for. So far my first real (expensive) pre-order is not working out as planned. Even indie developers can find a way to unlock a free soundtrack (at time of purchase) when you pre-order months in advance.

onfever
11-20-2013, 10:07 PM
I have the same problem. I have only one key(Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag - Gold Edition Activation Key).

I have no season pass key and other DLC. It looks like someone(steam or Ubi) forgot to update one.

Please update the content of the missing subscription.

thienanlove
11-20-2013, 10:09 PM
It is not just a easy case you can send all responsibility to Steam only. You distributed keys to Steam, why only people pre-order have this issue, and people took gold edition after release not having it. Please Ubi support contact steam soon, because you can contact fast and effective than any of us. I actually can't enjoy this game when i don't have content i paid for.

Solid-Snake-Eyes
11-20-2013, 10:19 PM
I have the same issue, I pre-ordered Gold on Steam and only received one key. Please sort this out ASAP.

headache07
11-21-2013, 12:53 AM
Have the same issues as everyone else in this thread as I only received the Gold Edition Activation Key and no other DLC (No Season Pass, etc.) I've already submitted a ticket on Steam and now I'm here reporting the same issue with the hopes that something will get done. It doesn't take more than 5 minutes to pick up the phone and call someone over at Valve and let them know there's a problem so your customers know you got the ball rolling.....

MeatRiot
11-21-2013, 02:04 AM
I ordered the game a month early through Steam as I usually do, and the "Gold Edition Activation Key" I received didn't unlock anything but the game and the Aveline content. Unacceptable. Opened a ticket with both Steam and Ubi yesterday but haven't heard a thing from either one.

DarkTriumphant
11-21-2013, 02:09 AM
You needed to buy the game direct from uPlay to get the extra DLC. Steam is selling the extra DLC separate to make more money. I didn't want both Steam and uPlay open at the same time so I bought thru uPlay to only have uPlay open. That's why I got the content for free, and Steam users have to buy it separately. This is on Steam, not Ubisoft.

sofocado77
11-21-2013, 02:37 AM
I have the same problem. I order the game through steam 2 days before the game came out. I only received the God Edition Activation Key. Hopefully we hear something positive soon

zenemix
11-21-2013, 03:10 AM
You needed to buy the game direct from uPlay to get the extra DLC. Steam is selling the extra DLC separate to make more money. I didn't want both Steam and uPlay open at the same time so I bought thru uPlay to only have uPlay open. That's why I got the content for free, and Steam users have to buy it separately. This is on Steam, not Ubisoft.

You are incorrect. The Steam page clearly listed that the season pass and kraken pack were included in pre-ordering the gold edition via steam. In fact, some people have these keys and anyone who didn't pre-order has the keys. In fact, the page still lists this content as being part of the package.

DarkTriumphant
11-21-2013, 03:18 AM
You are incorrect. The Steam page clearly listed that the season pass and kraken pack were included in pre-ordering the gold edition via steam. In fact, some people have these keys and anyone who didn't pre-order has the keys. In fact, the page still lists this content as being part of the package.

No, I'm referring to the Death Vessel Pack and Crusader & Florentine Pack. The Kraken Pack comes free w/ the Season Pass. Nowhere did Steam list those 2 DLC and that was what I thought was the point of this topic. If you look at Steam's page then you will see that Steam is charging $2 a piece for those DLC and if you bought direct from uPlay you would have received them for free. Which again was what I thought the point of this topic was.

Are you saying that you don't have the Season Pass even though you gave Steam $80 for the Gold version? The Gold version will always contain the DLC listed. It will not go away. The preorder bonus was only for the standard $60 version, not the $80 version.

cineticmantis
11-21-2013, 03:31 AM
No, I'm referring to the Death Vessel Pack and Crusader & Florentine Pack. The Kraken Pack comes free w/ the Season Pass. Nowhere did Steam list those 2 DLC and that was what I thought was the point of this topic. If you look at Steam's page then you will see that Steam is charging $2 a piece for those DLC and if you bought direct from uPlay you would have received them for free. Which again was what I thought the point of this topic was.

Are you saying that you don't have the Season Pass even though you gave Steam $80 for the Gold version? The Gold version will always contain the DLC listed. It will not go away. The preorder bonus was only for the standard $60 version, not the $80 version.

I wrote to ubi and to Steam about the fact I pre-order the Gold Edition a month ago paying 79.99$.
I can't unlock nor activate the product with the only cd key Steam provided. I still can play. But uplay and Steam shows the dlc like if I was supposed to buy it again instead of being unlocked.

Here is what I'm supposed to get:

Gold Edition
Extra Content included in Assassin's Creedģ IV Black Flag™ Gold Edition:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/242050/
There is also a thread about the issue on the Black Flag Hub on steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/242050/discussions/0/666826703394374765/?tscn=1384999914

Assassin’s Creedģ IV Black Flag™ Season Pass: Gives you all-in-one access to a new 3+ hour single-player story featuring Adewale, an ex-slave turned Assassin, the exclusive Kraken Ship Pack, plus multiplayer characters and much more!
Captain Kenway's Legacy Pack: Golden Scimitars and Multiplayer Treasure Hunter Costume
The Trove of Mystery Pack: Iron Wheel & Astrolabe Relic
Pirates Bounty Pack: German Rapiers & Compass Relic
Sacrificed Secrets Pack: Dark and dangerous treasure-hunting mission on Sacrifice Island; Unlock Captain Drake's Dual Swords and Pistols, Picture, Title, and Relics
Hidden Mystery Pack: Adventurous treasure-hunting mission on Mystery Island; Unlock Stede Bonnet's Ship, Costumes and other MP items
Black Island Pack: Dark and dangerous treasure-hunting mission on Black Island; Unlock the Deadly Black Ship and Captain Morgan's Silver Flintlock Pistols, Costume, Picture, and Title
Aveline Pack: 60 minutes of additional gameplay featuring Aveline de Grandprť from Assassin's Creed III Liberation; Unlockable Aveline ship figurehead

Hope for a quick fix.
Cineticmantis

zenemix
11-21-2013, 05:33 AM

A) Yes I am saying that we do not have the Season pass even though I bought the Gold version.

B) Folks who do not have the issue have those packs you mentioned and anyone who buys the gold edition now on steam gets them so I am also complaining about those. While not specifically listed, I believe those are the additional content mentioned in the store listing as being included.

For reference compare these two pre-order packs in steamdb:
http://steamdb.info/sub/32836/#section_apps <= what those of us afflicted currently have
http://steamdb.info/sub/32041/#section_apps <= what others have and we expect to have gotten

And this is currently what you get if you buy through steam:
http://steamdb.info/sub/32040/#section_apps <= contains the content you are saying was uplay only.

I'm really not going to make a big deal about those 2 other packs. Some pre-orderers are getting it, folks buying it now are getting it, and I'm sure pirates have all of it.

But I did pre-order and pay for the season pass and kraken pack to be included, That is our major issue.

DarkTriumphant
11-21-2013, 06:00 AM
Yea that's ****ed up man sorry. The Gold key is supposed to unlock the Season Pass I assumed. That's how ACIII Gold from Steam worked. I got the Deluxe Key and Activated that thru uPlay and I got both ACIII and the Season Pass. It's because of that, that I bought directly from uPlay this time.

Now stupid suggestion, but did you take your Gold Key from Steam and activate that thru uPlay itself? Like I mentioned above, ACIII Gold thru Steam only got me the base game unlocked on uPlay. It wasn't until I activated the Gold key thru uPlay itself did the ACIII Season Pass unlock for me.

Anyway I really hope you get it fixed because as it stands, that's ****ed up if you don't get the Season Pass.

And the pirated copies were missing the DLC so I don't know if the DLC has been since added or not. You needed uPlay to get the DLC since everytime I load the game, I have to skip thru 10 or so popups saying I have DLC unlocked. It would be nice if it did the first time and stopped. Hopefully Ubi will patch that though with the upcoming Graphics patch Ubi has claimed will add PhysX as well as better GPU Optimization.

Arkayn
11-21-2013, 07:06 AM
i'm having the exact same problem, pre-ordered gold edition from steam didn't get the season pass code.

archav3n
11-21-2013, 07:39 AM
A sad war between two publishers namely Ubisoft and Steam. I knew how much problem i would have if i were to pre-ordered it on Steam. Ubisoft just want you to use UPlay so just buy UPlay version next time.

Like what i did.

thienanlove
11-21-2013, 09:09 AM
A sad war between two publishers namely Ubisoft and Steam. I knew how much problem i would have if i were to pre-ordered it on Steam. Ubisoft just want you to use UPlay so just buy UPlay version next time.

Like what i did.

I think too. Ubi alert all of us after that. If you want to receive all supports directly and fast. Don't buy through steam, just buy through uplay and you don't have any problems? Is that right ubi?

xueyi135
11-21-2013, 12:28 PM
The same problem. Where's my season pass and dlcs?

Akerwood
11-21-2013, 12:50 PM
I bought a uPlay key of the Gold Edition for PC from http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-assassin%27s-creed-iv-black-flag-gold-edition/5006796 I have everything else except the season pass. Also if you look at some of the other support posts there are people on other systems with problem with the season pass. I think the season pass might just be broken for a bunch of people.

BridgetFisher
11-21-2013, 04:38 PM
I think ubisoft is not recognizing our gold editions, its not steams fault, I think its that we bought the gold edition on steam but ubisoft isnt adding the content in uplay.
From what I can tell the problem is on ubisofts side.

ColonelSeven
11-21-2013, 04:42 PM
A lot of DLC is not unlocked for a lot of people regardless of version. Uplay is the key factor here.

LordSaulot
11-21-2013, 05:01 PM
I think ubisoft is not recognizing our gold editions, its not steams fault, I think its that we bought the gold edition on steam but ubisoft isnt adding the content in uplay.
From what I can tell the problem is on ubisofts side.

No. The problem has already been identified. Valve's database two entries for Gold Edition Pre-orders. They added the season pass to one entry, but not the other. Many of us have the version without the Season Pass and it can only be corrected when Valve fixes the entry and gives us the content. Steam was supposed to give us a CD Key for the Season Pass but failed to do so in many cases.

See here:
http://steamdb.info/sub/32836/#section_apps
http://steamdb.info/sub/32041/#section_apps

UPDATE:
Valve has added the required CD Keys. We should now be able to activate them as necessary.

onfever
11-21-2013, 05:34 PM
As the subscription update, seems to has been resolved this issue .

Please check your steam account.

gh0stw4lker
11-21-2013, 06:23 PM
The missing content was added. Every Gold Edition owner should have a Season Pass key now. Well done Ubisoft/Valve.

Solid-Snake-Eyes
11-21-2013, 07:07 PM
The missing content was added. Every Gold Edition owner should have a Season Pass key now. Well done Ubisoft/Valve.
My game doesn't have keys for Death Vessel or Crusader, like is shown in the steam database entry.

EDIT I redeemed the season pass key and now Uplay says I own the two DLCs I mentioned above. Everything seems right. Thanks!

BridgetFisher
11-21-2013, 11:06 PM
Earlier I checked my account and now I have the Gold edition and the season pass stuff.
Thanks for resolving the issue Mr.Shade, Ubisoft, and steam....
yay everyone has keys :D

now everyone can just work on making a great game even greatier!!!

Akerwood
11-22-2013, 12:02 AM
I still don't have my Season pass for my Gold Edition that I bought from ( http://digital.gamefly.com ). I've contacted support, but as usual they are giving me the run around.

johnsilver13
11-22-2013, 12:07 AM
I hear Steam has been busy adding Season pass keys to our Steam accounts. Can't wait to get home and confirm!

To be fair, they have done well to fix the problem this fast, but they really should have communicated this better. I mean, it's not that hard to send out a mass mail to all the people who pre-ordered the gold edition and confirm that there is an error and it is being worked on. This should have happened after the first time this was reported to them. Poor communication, but timely response Steam.

Qoheles
11-22-2013, 02:16 AM
I still don't have my Season pass for my Gold Edition that I bought from ( http://digital.gamefly.com ). I've contacted support, but as usual they are giving me the run around.

Same here. Pre-ordered from GameFly as well, no season pass.

I bought a uPlay key of the Gold Edition for PC from http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-assassin's-creed-iv-black-flag-gold-edition/5006796 I have everything else except the season pass. Also if you look at some of the other support posts there are people on other systems with problem with the season pass. I think the season pass might just be broken for a bunch of people.

What do you mean by everything else? Stuff like Capt Morgan's outfit?

Akerwood
11-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Same here. Pre-ordered from GameFly as well, no season pass.

What do you mean by everything else? Stuff like Capt Morgan's outfit?

Yes all that stuff. BTW if you are missing it some of the DLC items have to be looted from chests the morgan outfit for example need to be looted from the Black Island Mission.

Make sure you contact Gamefly for the season pass maybe one they get a few support inquiries they might start giving us season pass keys. According to other people the other Digital stores handed out 2 keys. 1 For the game and DLC and 1 other for the season pass. Gamefly only gave me one key the one for the game and the DLC.

Qoheles
11-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Do they have a number that can be called or is it only email? Because this is ridiculous, I paid for the content, they didn't deliver.

crazyozzydan117
11-24-2013, 12:05 AM
One way I found to check if the DLC has activated is to go onto multiplayer and check the costumes for certain characters, as well as relics and titles. You'll know if it was unlocked from the Gold Edition if it says Unlockable Content under the description box.

wk-yeoh
11-24-2013, 08:10 AM
Guys, those who bought gold edition from gamefly, any updates on getting the season pass bonus contents?
I contacted their support and they insist there should only be 1 key and it's pissing me off.
At least steam acknowledged the issue and fixed it by providing customers another season pass key.
Made me regret getting it from gamefly and not steam !

Qoheles
11-24-2013, 11:04 AM
Guys, those who bought gold edition from gamefly, any updates on getting the season pass bonus contents?
I contacted their support and they insist there should only be 1 key and it's pissing me off.
At least steam acknowledged the issue and fixed it by providing customers another season pass key.
Made me regret getting it from gamefly and not steam !

This is the latest email from GameFly support to me: "We've seen additional information come in regarding this and I have contacted our engineers regarding the issue. I will contact you back as soon as I have heard back from them."

I also opened up a PayPal dispute for 20 bucks, so if they don't give me my season pass, I'm escalating it to a claim so that I can at least buy the season pass from somewhere else.

If you don't get your Season Pass code by the end of this week, I recommend you contact either your bank or PayPal (depending on how you made the purchase). Giving you 60 bucks worth of a 80 dollar purchase is THEFT. You don't charge someone for a Hotel Suite and then give them a standard room. You don't charge someone for a RR Phantom and give them a Ghost. You don't charge someone for a jug of beer and then give them a pint.

wk-yeoh
11-24-2013, 03:34 PM
This is the latest email from GameFly support to me: "We've seen additional information come in regarding this and I have contacted our engineers regarding the issue. I will contact you back as soon as I have heard back from them."

I also opened up a PayPal dispute for 20 bucks, so if they don't give me my season pass, I'm escalating it to a claim so that I can at least buy the season pass from somewhere else.

If you don't get your Season Pass code by the end of this week, I recommend you contact either your bank or PayPal (depending on how you made the purchase). Giving you 60 bucks worth of a 80 dollar purchase is THEFT. You don't charge someone for a Hotel Suite and then give them a standard room. You don't charge someone for a RR Phantom and give them a Ghost. You don't charge someone for a jug of beer and then give them a pint.
That is good news!
Can I have the name of the gamefly support so that I can quote him/her? my other gamefly support analyst don't seem to know this update you posted...

Akerwood
11-24-2013, 08:35 PM
That is good news!
Can I have the name of the gamefly support so that I can quote him/her? my other gamefly support analyst don't seem to know this update you posted...

I just got this email from Gamefly.

We are currently looking further into this with our technical team. As soon as we have updated information, we will reach out to you at that time.

Thank you in advance for your patience on this.

Sincerely,

Kat U..
The GameFly Tech Team
Online help: http://digitalsupport.gamefly.com

Qoheles
11-25-2013, 01:10 AM
That is good news!

Brian T.

wk-yeoh
11-25-2013, 01:38 AM
Yup I got the same reply from him today after showing him the forum where so many of us having this issue, including steam before the fixed it.
Let's hope we do not need to restart playing from scratch when they finally unlock the kraken pack for us...