PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on increasing AC4 performance?

Farlander1991
11-20-2013, 08:12 AM
I know that laptop video cards aren't officially supported... but I have a Radeon HD 6370 on my HP pavilion-dv6, and Assassin's Creed 3 runs just fine with 720p resolution and normal settings options.

AC4 runs a lot slower and laggier with 800x600 resolution and all the setting options (which, btw, AC4 has got more setting customization than AC3, so I thought that would help) on lowest low. Any tips on how to increase performance? Maybe some .ini settings or something like that, or laptop-compatible video drivers? (latest AMD Catalyst doesn't run properly on the laptop)

strigoi1958
11-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Nothing I can think of except wait for amd drivers to catch up as the game was developed with Nvidia. On a side note I checked your links and your freehand art is extremely good with nice shading and depth.... and looking at your resume... you should have enough money to buy a desktop capable of running ac4 maxed out :D

Farlander1991
11-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Lol, thanks :D But, paraphrasing Achilles, 'what should and what is, is not always the same' :D

Plus I'm frequently on the move, and desktop isn't that comfortable to be carried around :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for the reply, I'll guess I'll have to wait for latest amd drivers and find a way to install them on my laptop without it spazzing out (which was the issue with some of the later drivers).