PDA

View Full Version : Black Screenshots !?

sWi7zLe
11-20-2013, 12:33 AM
Never come across this before, every screenshot I've taken is just plain black!

What's that all about!?

guardian_titan
11-20-2013, 01:06 AM
Some games, particularly full screen ones, don't like to do screenshots and thus show up black. You can use a program called FRAPS or other similar ones to take screenshots instead.

Shimmer-
11-20-2013, 09:25 AM
I tried fraps and it's making the screenshots black in that too. Recording video works. Also in multiplayer all the female characters have male heads or black textures for faces, it's random each time I highlight them.

Hostage_Panzer
11-20-2013, 04:48 PM
I am not sure if it's possible in AC4, but try to change it to windowed fullscreen.

sWi7zLe
11-25-2013, 02:08 AM
So Fraps doesn't work, or Steam or Uplay, or EVGA Precision..... but they do occasionally in Steam, if disable SLi
And they do..... in and by saying this I am in no way promoting piracy .... oh good god...they other kind :nonchalance:

But screenshots work perfectly well in SLi in Steam on a dodgy copy of AC4.

So why the hell is that!? The only difference I can tell is that one uses Uplay :mad:

XERO.PH
12-11-2013, 06:56 PM
i have the same problem running on SLI. Fraps dont work as well as the uplay f12... shadowplay works though..

R2Dfcknnr1D2
12-11-2013, 07:15 PM
I had it too sometimes still have it.
It is possible some programs overlayer the game for x who knows what and we capture nothing but black screen.
I dont know how I fixed it now I capture with msi afterburner with all colors and shapes.

Dellers
12-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Both the screenshot issue and buggy multiplayer characters happen when running SLI. I have to turn off SLI to play the multiplayer, but have to leave it on for single player. Single player doesn't run smoothly with only one card.

sWi7zLe
12-20-2013, 01:12 AM
Yay I can finally take screenies!

Thanks to this Beta driver: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/driverResults.aspx/71183/en-uk

Much better performance too :D