PDA

View Full Version : AC4: Black Flag PC - No 120Hz support

BatJoe1
11-20-2013, 12:00 AM
Even though my monitor supports 120Hz it is only showing as 60Hz resolutions available.

I have no issues with other games and using 120Hz.

pjs5406
11-20-2013, 12:22 AM
Same for me. I guess they just failed to add support for 120hz? Although who does that these days. Nearly every game i have played in that last 3 years has had support for 120hz.

Shadowboricua
11-20-2013, 01:35 AM
Same here... ridiculous! So much for nVidia; the way it is meant to be played. Why have high-end cards when games are locked to 60 FPS!!!??? Come on Ubisoft, this is a JOKE! If I had known this, I would not have spend money on this game!

FettarhZ-NutZ
11-20-2013, 01:43 AM
Same for me. I guess they just failed to add support for 120hz? Although who does that these days. Nearly every game i have played in that last 3 years has had support for 120hz.

Actually, If you use your pirating skills and navigate to c:\users\(your user)\Documents\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\

Theres should be a file called Assassin4.ini - Edit that with your favorite editing program.

inside you will find:
RefreshRate=60
DisplayableRefreshRate=60

Change both of those so it looks like this:

RefreshRate=120
DisplayableRefreshRate=120

Save and be happy again :-)

diwas13
11-20-2013, 01:44 AM
This is Ubisoft we're talking about, they are terrible developers(especially Ubisoft Kiev, biggest bunch of incompetent devs ever) and they can't ever be trusted to get things done right.

@Fettarh, I tried that 2 minutes after I launched the game, sure it solves the refresh rate issue but the framerate is still locked at 60.

Johny-Al-Knox
11-20-2013, 01:47 AM
Actually, If you use your pirating skills and navigate to c:\users\(your user)\Documents\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\

Theres should be a file called Assassin4.ini - Edit that with your favorite editing program.

inside you will find:
RefreshRate=60
DisplayableRefreshRate=60

Change both of those so it looks like this:

RefreshRate=120
DisplayableRefreshRate=120

Save and be happy again :-)

you know that dosnt help?

FettarhZ-NutZ
11-20-2013, 01:48 AM
I know it says 120Hz ingame instead of 60 - what more proof do you want?

diwas13
11-20-2013, 01:50 AM
Refresh rate and framerate are not the same thing, at least do your homework before you post.

On the bright side I did stop 4 people I know personally from buying the game lol, shame I wasted $60 again when I promised my self I wouldn't. Never again am I buying a Ubisoft game. I still can't believe they got away with Assassins Creed 3, and not one review site called them out on it, damn shame.

FettarhZ-NutZ
11-20-2013, 02:06 AM
Nope fps and hz isnt the same thing, but you wont ever be getting your monitor to show anything above your hz - its just not possible. If youre still locked on 60 after your change the Hz - thats another thing and they will probably "unlock" it in a patch...

But honestly, if that tiny little thing is enough for you to see your money as wasted, I would really suggest you find another hobby than anything computer related. There will always be bugs, this isnt even a bug - I cant stop imagining how it would have looked here in your post if you were actually the victim of a crash or something like that.
To sum it up, youre acting like a spoiled brat talking about wasting your money cause you can only get half the fps you want. Its gonna happen just give them a chance and stop blowing a tiny unremarkable hiccup up as being something really important on the damn day of launch.

The game has probably been tailored to the new consoles and then ported to old gen and pc - thats probably why 60hz is what its on in the ini file.

BTW: you really should try games done by other developers, like Infinity Ward or DICE - then youre in for a freaking treat - their game often dont work for most people more than a week after launch.
Saying theyre incompetent when they can actually produce a working game, says more about you than them I think.
About the game being especially good? thats another story... thats probably more due to the fact that we have had so many Assassins creeds over the years that its starting to go stale.

Johny-Al-Knox
11-20-2013, 02:26 AM
I know it says 120Hz ingame instead of 60 - what more proof do you want?

lmao.

Tried using FRAPS while playing (When u "unlocked 120Hz"?

Shadowboricua
11-20-2013, 03:24 AM
So.. the game runs at a steady 60-61 FPS on my GTX 780 on my 120 hz monitor... I just wish it was not locked at 60FPS. Looks beautiful....

And yes.. I try DICE... love BF3 and BF4... they might release a game with problems but try to fix it ASAP and work hard releasing patches. Not the experience I've had with Ubisoft. We will see... BF4 runs between 100-120 FPS on my computer... no locking FPS crap!

Loucmachine.Joe
11-20-2013, 03:38 AM
You prolly just can unlock it in the .ini file... its not a big deal imo..

diwas13
11-20-2013, 04:37 AM
Nah man its not possible through ini, maybe using cheat engine.

Loucmachine.Joe
11-20-2013, 04:57 AM
ohh well... sad then

FettarhZ-NutZ
11-20-2013, 08:53 AM
lmao.

Tried using FRAPS while playing (When u "unlocked 120Hz"?

I hope youre kidding... FYI Fraps have always been locked at 60FPS when recording - now who has to do their homework?

misled_insight
11-20-2013, 04:05 PM
While this isn't enough to ruin the game for me, I'm also rather annoyed by the artificial frame rate cap. What's the point?

crappypcport
11-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Oh and even if UbiCRAP decided to add 120hz support. I very much doubt you'll get the framerate you want because AC4's optimization is as ****ty as AC3 was.[edit]

Johny-Al-Knox
11-20-2013, 06:19 PM
I hope youre kidding... FYI Fraps have always been locked at 60FPS when recording - now who has to do their homework?

Lmao. If u would stop getting that information of urs out of ur ***. Then maybe u wouldn look so stupid

slowpoak
11-20-2013, 06:20 PM

FRAPS has a framerate monitor that is separate from its recording function. when playing games like arkham origins, FRAPS shows it running at 120fps (because it doesn't try to idiotically cap the framerate at 60 for no reason). you should probably stop accusing others of "not doing their homework" when you don't even know what you're talking about.

Mr_Shade
11-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Hi Guys,

I have reported this, and I will update you as soon as I have any answers for you, though I can't promise when that will be, due to different time zones and work loads.

Just a reminder to all - the forums are rated E - and as such, have a swear filter - bypassing that, is an offence and may lead to infractions, so while I understand some maybe frustrated, please do not force the Moderation teams hand.

Johny-Al-Knox
11-20-2013, 06:46 PM
Hi Guys,

I have reported this, and I will update you as soon as I have any answers for you, though I can't promise when that will be, due to different time zones and work loads.

Just a reminder to all - the forums are rated E - and as such, have a swear filter - bypassing that, is an offence and may lead to infractions, so while I understand some maybe frustrated, please do not force the Moderation teams hand.

Very disapointing to lock FPS at a 2013 game. You had thoose extra 3 weeks, and couldn get it done?

That bein said, you still "beat" EA with 30 fps lock on rivals lol..

Mr_Shade
11-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Very disapointing to lock FPS at a 2013 game. You had thoose extra 3 weeks, and couldn get it done?
I didn't no, since I didn't write the game ;)

Comments that did not contain swearing have been passed on, If I get an update, I'll post back.

aethyal
11-20-2013, 07:34 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting a response to this situation. I would love to see the frame rate uncapped with maxed out graphics on my machine; it is, after all, one of the major reasons I waited for the PC release. :)

diwas13
11-20-2013, 10:01 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting a response to this situation. I would love to see the frame rate uncapped with maxed out graphics on my machine; it is, after all, one of the major reasons I waited for the PC release. :)

Nothing will come of this, they abandoned AC3 with all of its issues. This should put things into perspective for some of you who are hopeful about a patch. http://www.videogamer.com/pc/assassins_creed_4_black_flag/news/assassins_creed_4_producer_says_pc_optimisation_is nt_important.html

I feel like nothing more needs to be said. Never again am I buying another Ubisoft game unless things change drastically.

DrPhilGood04
11-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Any updates?

goodridd
11-22-2013, 10:44 PM
It would be nice if they added 120/144 hz support for this game.

Please?

DrPhilGood04
11-26-2013, 05:09 AM
At least give us an update? I really don't understand why it was capped in the first place.

danchan721
11-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Please provide an update to unlock the refresh rate - I would not have purchased the game if I knew this before hand, and will be seeking a refund if there's no update in the near future.

organizator2007
11-26-2013, 04:02 PM
count me in, i have a 120hz monitor and want to use it like intended with this game

CalinTM
11-26-2013, 05:18 PM
I didn't no, since I didn't write the game ;)

Comments that did not contain swearing have been passed on, If I get an update, I'll post back.

Send a performance issues request too. Only on vegetation areas the fps drops by 10fps. Tell them to fix this. I already send a support ticket, they said to send them dxdiag and msinfo, already send that, and got no response. At least tell us they are working on something to improve performance. Because it runs like crap now...no offense. Also the CPU usage is almost 50%, which is really bad.

Mr_Shade
11-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Send a performance issues request too. Only on vegetation areas the fps drops by 10fps. Tell them to fix this. I already send a support ticket, they said to send them dxdiag and msinfo, already send that, and got no response. At least tell us they are working on something to improve performance. Because it runs like crap now...no offense. Also the CPU usage is almost 50%, which is really bad.
Hi,

If you have environment detail on Very High, it does add in Tessellation to vegetation, so you may need to consider dropping it to high, should your GPU not be able to handle it.

mrmiktw
11-27-2013, 09:41 PM
The lack of 120/144hz support is disappointing but not game breaking, in the grand scheme of things I suspect only a minority of players have 120hz + monitors compared to the average user and even less will have the ability to run the game above 60 fps anyway.

darkhunt333
11-30-2013, 08:54 AM
Gabe should remove this console filth from Steam. When the new review system fully comes out. Expect to be smear campaigned. You will lose a lot of money cheaping out. I hope your investors are happy you sell outs.

~ PC Master Race

seville57
11-30-2013, 04:53 PM
This back to the stoneage, 60Hz support in a game 2013. Give us support for 120/144 Hz.

Wrath2Zero
12-13-2013, 04:45 AM
There is a solution to the 120Hz issue but not the locked frame-rate. You can create a custom resolution via your graphics card control panel and set the refresh rate to 120Hz, save it and it should show in the game.

Games don't always expose the support refresh rates from your monitor, just make sure you know what resolution goes with the supported refresh rate in your monitor specs. I've tried this and can now see 1400x900@75Hz which is the custom one I created for testing and it supported by my monitor.

Naedtrax
01-30-2014, 08:23 AM
So there's still no fix on this...?

Wrath2Zero
01-30-2014, 12:24 PM
Use my simple solution guys to get your Hz you want. It takes a 780 Ti to get 60fps anyway and it's hard locked at 63fps.The game supports native 4K now but good luck with that. :p

YazX_
01-30-2014, 12:26 PM
There is a solution to the 120Hz issue but not the locked frame-rate. You can create a custom resolution via your graphics card control panel and set the refresh rate to 120Hz, save it and it should show in the game.

Games don't always expose the support refresh rates from your monitor, just make sure you know what resolution goes with the supported refresh rate in your monitor specs. I've tried this and can now see 1400x900@75Hz which is the custom one I created for testing and it supported by my monitor.

This will only show on graphics options, but when actually playing, the game is locked at 60 FPS, use any FPS monitor software like fraps, EVGA Precision,.... and you will see its locked, there is no workarounds for this unless if Ubisoft fixed it in their engine which will not happen.

So there's still no fix on this...?

Nope and i believe it will not be fixed.

Wrath2Zero
01-30-2014, 12:28 PM
Well you're not going to get 120fps anyway unless you look out into the sea and yes the game is hard frame-rate locked to something like 63fps.

YazX_
01-30-2014, 12:31 PM
Well you're not going to get 120fps anyway unless you look out into the sea and yes the game is hard frame-rate locked to something like 63fps.

true, and with the poor optimization which comes handy to justify the 60 FPS lock (LOL) it will be a dream to hit 90 FPS at max with Titan SLI.

Wrath2Zero
01-30-2014, 12:48 PM
Submit a support ticket, I've just finished one about the soft 30fps lock issue here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/827675-Enabling-Triple-Buffer-For-V-Sync-Goodness. I've called it a "soft" frame-rate lock because it can be bypassed by a simple solution, the 63fps lock cannot.

sdmf1974
12-21-2015, 08:12 PM
Whats this ******** UBi? Just went to play the game for the first time on my new 165hz IPS monitor and its capped at 60hz. I exited immediately I'm not playin this game for this one reason.
Ubi countine to f*** up console games but stop messin with PC! We buy expensive hardware to utilize it. I want a refund!!!

YazX_
12-21-2015, 09:44 PM
no need to revive old threads - closed.