PDA

View Full Version : Anyone beaten a Legendary ship yet?

jayjay275
11-18-2013, 08:27 PM
I beat one last week and I was surprised how difficult they were, and the Jackdaw was pretty much upgraded to the maximum yet it was still tough to beat it. I still have 4 more to go. :-)
How about you? :P

MnemonicSyntax
11-18-2013, 08:29 PM
There's only 4 though total, I thought.

Anyway, I beat two of them, one was with the two ships, and that was crazy. The first one wasn't so bad, just keep your distance. Great challenge though!

jayjay275
11-18-2013, 08:31 PM
There's only 4 though total, I thought.

Anyway, I beat two of them, one was with the two ships, and that was crazy. The first one wasn't so bad, just keep your distance. Great challenge though!

I recall 5, but anyway I have yet to try facing the dual legendary ships in that one battle because when I passed by them before I was only in Sequence 5 and the Jackdaw wasn't ready.

RoBg03
11-18-2013, 08:35 PM
i've beat the two in the west. currently trying to beat the one with two ships. i've come close but can't quite get it. seems like with those ships its best to keep your distance and try not to get caught in between them. its hard to keep an eye on both at the same time with they split up and concentrate on braceing against both. i haven't tried the one in the south east yet. think i'll try to find elite mortars first before i go again.

jayjay275
11-18-2013, 08:39 PM
I wish you could board them though instead of them just sinking. :(

hoju74
11-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Try ramming them and using chain shot. That seemed to do some decent damage for me.

The one that's two ships...be careful because once you defeat one, the other will catch fire and come speeding at you like a bat out of hell.

Dragula
11-18-2013, 08:45 PM
i gave a shot at the one in the top left... got whooped so im not going to attempt others

shayer60
11-18-2013, 08:47 PM
I've beaten all but one. I think its called Le Dama Negra. Its mortars do crazy amounts of damage and you have to stop everytime it fires them so you don't get hit by them. All the other legendary ships were easy enough to beat with ramming and chain shot, except the two Man O' Wars.

gothpunkboy89
11-18-2013, 09:29 PM
I beat all 4 ships. I had to get my ship upgraded all the way to just under elite upgrades.

Shayer a tip for Le dama negra. You don't have to come to a complete stop she will always fire mortars directly in your path so cutting the speed back to half speed then turning left or right is all that is needed to avoid mortar shots.

For the duel ships a tip is to damage them equally. Do not just attack 1 ship then the other. Get them bot down to near dead before sinking one or the other. If he starts chasing you spam flame barrels as you run away. That is how I ended up sinking it.

SenseHomunculus
11-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Hehe, these sound like fun. Haven't tried taking one on yet but will have to try tonight!

zkorejo
11-18-2013, 09:33 PM
Yea I beat them all. It is not possible to beat them without a fully upgraded Jackdaw, alot of retries and a plan.

gothpunkboy89
11-18-2013, 09:36 PM
Yea I beat them all. It is not possible to beat them without a fully upgraded Jackdaw, alot of retries and a plan.

Actually it is. I beat 2 of the 4 without fully upgrading Jackdaw. La dama Negra and what ever that 2 ship ones are.

stevenomes
11-18-2013, 09:42 PM
I beat one yesterday and just barely. I can't remember name but it was in the south east corner. I had one square of life left and was smoking badly but did manage it. I played foolish though didn't brace or use many mortars. I basically death charged it with heavy shot. I suspect I'll need to revise strategy for the others.

zkorejo
11-18-2013, 09:45 PM
Actually it is. I beat 2 of the 4 without fully upgrading Jackdaw. La dama Negra and what ever that 2 ship ones are.
Really?.. I tried in the beginning once then I tried battling three of them when I was around 50-60% upgraded.. got my *** handed to me both times. Never even came close to beating them. At their 25 damage they would crush me.

By fully upgraded I dont mean 100% of everything including storage and harpooning etc. Elite armour, round shot strength, heavy shot, ram and decently upgraded mortar should also do the job.

shayer60
11-18-2013, 10:00 PM
I beat all 4 ships. I had to get my ship upgraded all the way to just under elite upgrades.

Shayer a tip for Le dama negra. You don't have to come to a complete stop she will always fire mortars directly in your path so cutting the speed back to half speed then turning left or right is all that is needed to avoid mortar shots.

For the duel ships a tip is to damage them equally. Do not just attack 1 ship then the other. Get them bot down to near dead before sinking one or the other. If he starts chasing you spam flame barrels as you run away. That is how I ended up sinking it.

Thanks for the tips. I managed to sink the duel ships, I'm still having problems with Le Dama Negra though. I use the tactic of ramming it from behind, then firing chain shot and then hitting it with heavy shot but it manages to land mortar shots on me while I'm ramming.

DetroitPlaya
11-18-2013, 10:08 PM
I happen to have the info for when I beat my first two ships:

Took down the NW Legendary Ship

Had these upgrades:
Elite Hull
Ultimate Set of Cannon (working on Elite)
Reinforced Bow Chasers
Advanced Ram (working on Elite)
Advanced Chain Shot
Advanced Mortars (working on Elite)
Reinforced Swivel Guns (working on Advanced)
Advanced Heavy Shot (working on Elite)
Advanced Fire Barrels (working on Elite)

Took down the SW by accident - as a level 49 tricked me into the fight.

Had these upgrades:
Elite Hull
Elite Set of Cannon
Reinforced Bow Chasers
Elite Ram
Elite Chain Shot
Advanced Mortars
Advanced Swivel Guns
Advanced Heavy Shot
Advanced Fire Barrels

The SE I did with similar upgrade as SW, and NE I did with mainly Elite, I think.

Ramming is key. They aren't that bad - I mean, I wasn't prepared for the SW fight at all, but if you get up on the back of the ships, just tail it and RAM.

robinthefactory
11-18-2013, 10:47 PM
I defeated all of them and I was dominated each and every time, on all of them except La Dama Negra. The hardest one is El Impluto and also with the Brothers-In-Arms ships they have an aggressive style, what I mean is that if you sink one the other one will become enraged and will insta-kill you with a single ram same goes with El Impluto.

RoBg03
11-18-2013, 10:51 PM
I defeated all of them and I was dominated each and every time, on all of them except La Dama Negra. The hardest one is El Impluto and also with the Brothers-In-Arms ships they have an aggressive style, what I mean is that if you sink one the other one will become enraged and will insta-kill you with a single ram same goes with El Impluto.

yeah, the ram is pretty devastating...i've been trying to take out one first and keep the other at bay, but it just makes the other ship go into super fast crazy ram mode when you defeat its sister ship. and even though they are man o war's they seem to be faster than the jackdaw and turn on a dime.

DetroitPlaya
11-18-2013, 11:01 PM
I took down the black sailed ship of the duo, then the white.

If you want to do it that way,just make sure you don't lose health before one in down, and then do anything possibly to now allow the second to ram you. As once one goes down, they disregard their specific pathing.

roostersrule2
11-19-2013, 12:02 AM
I'm too scared to face them.

Wolfmeister1010
11-19-2013, 12:22 AM
The one in the top left corner I think, was EXTREMELY difficult. I had a fully upgraded jackdaw and it took me 3 tries.

AzAviator815
11-19-2013, 12:31 AM
Last night I managed to sink Royal Sovereign, and collected 10,000 reales, but by then the Jackdaw was so beat up Fearless took me out with about half a broadside. =)

SleezeRocker
11-19-2013, 01:05 AM
I have the platinum for AC4 so yes I've beat them all. here are tips:

For Dama Negra, Beat her at her own game, Mortar shoot her, Also Sail behind her and (excuse me for this) Ram her from behind and fire all your shots on it's Rear. Weak point is basically the back of the Ship.

For the Prince eh he ain't really hard, just Fast so Chain shot and use all your best Firepower when applicable ;)

The Impoludo is a bit tricky since it's a straight out aggressor so Chain shot it since it will always attempt to Ram and follow up with front cannons. Basically use all your weapons when possible and be sure to Chain shoot it so it won't build speed enough to Ram you.

The Soverign and Fearless can be B! but to finish that fight you want to reduce both ships Life up to the Red meter (like 5-10% health). If you sink one, the other will go in Full On OWN mode and then hope you have enough time that the Father of Sailing may guide you hahahaha :P
so you defeintely want to get them both in the very low life point and then sink one, and quickly finish off the other

CalgaryJay
11-19-2013, 06:10 AM
Just got this game about a week ago so I'm late to the party...is the only chance you get to take on these ships immediately after you've beaten a fort? I saw it appear on the map right after I beat the first couple forts, but I assumed I could go take it on whenever, and did other things. Now the icon's disappeared and has never come back. Did I blow it?

HiddenKiller612
11-19-2013, 06:11 AM
Just beat the last one...

eifere
11-19-2013, 07:15 AM
The ghost ship is the easiest. El Impoluto is a b*tch! Use a lot of chain shots and rams to defeat these b*tches :D

pacmanate
11-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Sail behind her and Ram her from behind and fire all your shots on it's Rear.

:O

TR0UBLMAK3R
11-19-2013, 12:32 PM
I tried tackling one when i beat the first fort "ooh, legendary ship, what's that? .... oh my god... RUNAWAY!!!!!" lol after i upgraded my ship to peak badassery I came back for legendary poop deck whoopin'. Just did a mini series on each ship and what the best way to beat them is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4MgaWZgOx0&feature=share&list=PLDb7KJHVmZYBNBlGH9_EZ4RCvQRU0zNXD

SpiritMuse
11-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Oh man, this is not gonna be fun. :/

gothpunkboy89
11-20-2013, 02:30 AM
Thanks for the tips. I managed to sink the duel ships, I'm still having problems with Le Dama Negra though. I use the tactic of ramming it from behind, then firing chain shot and then hitting it with heavy shot but it manages to land mortar shots on me while I'm ramming.

You actually almost have to come at her side ways. So she fires the mortars in your path. You cut speed turn towards her then full speed ram her. Fire a few chain shots into her back then turn away the opposite direction she tries to go and follow up with a parting heavy shot and possibly a standard cannon shot.

If your not sure you can ram her feel free to fire off heavy or standard shot at her rears. Any damage is good damage.

SleezeRocker
11-20-2013, 03:02 AM
Originally Posted by SleezeRocker http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/LightUbiTheme/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php?p=9384139#post9384139) Sail behind her and Ram her from behind and fire all your shots on it's Rear.

:O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iXHi41wyyQ

Yeah I was aware how that sounded but..it's still true...it's how I beat the ship :P

TR0UBLMAK3R
11-21-2013, 12:10 AM

I have a vid on my youtube channel about each ship (link in my sig) but for Dama Negra, I found it easier if you saddle up next to her so she can't use her mortars. The closer you are, the harder it is for her to hit you. The only other attack she has is from her broadside, so get in front of her so she can't hit you with either attack, nor can she run away. Then hammer her with your heavy shot and broadside shots. She'll start backing away, then will try to turn around so she can get far enough away from you to use mortars again. When she does, attack her with your own mortars once or twice, but be sure to not let her get too far or she'll start attacking you again.

TR0UBLMAK3R
11-21-2013, 12:13 AM
Yeah I was aware how that sounded but..it's still true...it's how I beat the ship :P

lol oh heeeeeeyyyyyyyy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOlS5rpI1OI&feature=share&list=UUt_TDM5aifmTz9dNS93Uj_A