PDA

View Full Version : Next Expansion: The Five Towers - Tower of the Gardener

Aza404
11-18-2013, 03:02 PM
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/gardener_highlight.png

Tower of the Gardener / Gardenerís Watch

Gardenerís Watch is a vertical oasis climbing from dunes to clouds as if mimicking the Dragon Sylannaís life-bringing tail; an inspiring hope in Ashanís most barren desert. An ancient Elven song makes reference to this lost tower and is sung during the final feast of winter before the High King. The story describes the tower that moves from desert to desert, bringing fauna and flora to the most arid of places. The song finished, the traditional first garden seeds are planted that will sprout from the ground on the first day of spring.

Report from Hakeem to the Council of Nine

The Gardenerís Watch has been occupied by Arianna the Nethermancer, Sandroís notorious undermage. She now follows Gazal, apparently one to go where the weather is stormiest. Arianna has found ways to use the tremendous Shantiri Earth magic flowing through the tower granite and living latticework to enhance the growth of both poisonous and regenerative plants. In spite its organic nature, it is no easier to climb, burn or breach than any of the other five towers.

DoubleDeck
11-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Hmmm a Sylvan tower! Wonder what the other 4 are....

freshboyfresh
11-18-2013, 04:25 PM
maybe you should stop releasing new content stuff and start working on the tutorial problems....

svilleneuve
11-18-2013, 04:28 PM
maybe you should stop releasing new content stuff and start working on the tutorial problems....

We are working on it. I'm working on the new cards while others are working on other features.

javavian
11-18-2013, 04:30 PM
why are you still playing the tutorial? and there are no problems with it

budynzmajonezem
11-18-2013, 04:44 PM
So the towers will be the building cards?

dani_trusca
11-18-2013, 04:55 PM
What's the point of these lore posts? Why don't you throw a new card or mechanic in there to make them interesting?

svilleneuve
11-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Building cards?

If you check our card list, we've got a couple of buildings (Halls of Amnesia, Tower of Oblivion, Sister's Tent) featured on fortune cards so...

budynzmajonezem
11-18-2013, 05:20 PM
Umm, i wanted you to confirm building card type, will there be a new card type?

Bazaltovy
11-18-2013, 05:26 PM
What's the point of these lore posts? Why don't you throw a new card or mechanic in there to make them interesting?

Well, some people enjoy the lore. :)

svilleneuve
11-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Umm, i wanted you to confirm building card type, will there be a new card type?

There will be cards with buildings on the illustrations :P

Of course, you have to understand I cannot give details about the coming expansion, even denying the existence of a new card type. We'll be revealing more informations soon enough.

dani_trusca
11-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Well, some people enjoy the lore. :)
Some enjoy the lore, others don't. However all (or most) would enjoy more substantive information about the new set. Why not give them something as well?

Revalon
11-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Some enjoy the lore, others don't. However all (or most) would enjoy more substantive information about the new set. Why not give them something as well?

You know, if you don't care about lore, you could just pretend that there was no information given at all. Just as it would be if there was no lore preview.
I personally would not mind if we got the first look on new cards (or any information about them) when drawing them in the game.

dani_trusca
11-18-2013, 06:56 PM
You know, if you don't care about lore, you could just pretend that there was no information given at all. Just as it would be if there was no lore preview.That's exactly what I did. As far as I'm concerned, even concept art without any other details is better than lore.

Banehollow89
11-18-2013, 07:24 PM
That's exactly what I did. As far as I'm concerned, even concept art without any other details is better than lore.

Ok, you got concept art in the OP. They've said already that they can't reveal any more information about this expansion, you are literally whining for nothing.

dani_trusca
11-18-2013, 08:55 PM
You're using a strange definition of whining, mate. Svilleneuve's last post appeared after I posted my reply to Bazaltovy above (he posted it while I was writing mine).

evilmg
11-18-2013, 09:42 PM
The Gardener’s Watch has been occupied by Arianna the Nethermancer, Sandro’s notorious undermage. She now follows Gazal, apparently one to go where the weather is stormiest. Arianna has found ways to use the tremendous Shantiri Earth magic flowing through the tower granite and living latticework to enhance the growth of both poisonous and regenerative plants. In spite its organic nature, it is no easier to climb, burn or breach than any of the other five towers.

U mean THAT Sandro? I hope we will see his card...

roanranger
11-18-2013, 10:12 PM
You're using a strange definition of whining, mate. Svilleneuve's last post appeared after I posted my reply to Bazaltovy above (he posted it while I was writing mine).

It took you an hour to write that? I'm guessing you just didn't see there was a second page =p (I do it too).

Anyways, back to the lore blurb, I wonder if it's implying there's a 2nd version of Arianna coming out since the first version is 'of the severed fates'. Could just a description and not a title, but it would be cool to see another Arianna imo.

Also,

U mean THAT Sandro? I hope we will see his card...

Who's that? I haven't play any Might and Magic games other than DoC.

alabastarsxngtn
11-19-2013, 01:47 AM
I'm confused, is this expansion going to be reelased the same time as the other anounced one or not

DoubleDeck
11-19-2013, 07:10 AM
@roanranger: Sandro is considered one of the most powerful Necromancers in the Might and Magic series and has been in many Heroes of Might & Magic games....

@alabas: there is only going to be one expansion, this one called The Five Towers.

Hantziie
11-19-2013, 12:31 PM
hmm i smell heavy fortune based expansion, since fortune decks aren't that great corrently.

Aniel87
11-19-2013, 01:41 PM
hmm i smell heavy fortune based expansion, since fortune decks aren't that great corrently.

That would be nice. IWe got in HotV 7 unique spells, now we can get some fortunes.. maybe then i will change my Alia for Morgan ;)

Avonu_de_Odihs
11-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Who's that? I haven't play any Might and Magic games other than DoC.

http://oi42.tinypic.com/jkdt2b.jpg
http://oi42.tinypic.com/2il0zgz.jpg

Generally, he is the Nethermage and leader of Order of the Void and is behind all Void plots.

Laveley
11-19-2013, 03:49 PM
Building cards?

If you check our card list, we've got a couple of buildings (Halls of Amnesia, Tower of Oblivion, Sister's Tent) featured on fortune cards so...

So its pretty obvious that this new expansion will bring 5 new OP unique fortunes, one for each faction, of course, to unbalance even more the game in favor of fortune use.

Probably there will be one new hero for each faction too.

M0rw47h
11-19-2013, 03:52 PM
So its pretty obvious that this new expansion will bring 5 new OP unique fortunes, one for each faction, of course, to unbalance even more the game in favor of fortune use.

Probably there will be one new hero for each faction too.

...and even more OP version of Serpentfly!

SpaceElephant
11-19-2013, 06:23 PM
yeah I wish we'll bring an OP version of Serpentfly ;)

But yeah guys, it's important for us to bring some kind of narrative aspect to the game, so you see that we're not putting out cards out there for no reason. There is a rich back story in Might & Magic, and all of our expansions, cards and mechanics are inspired by this storyline. Before posting new mechanics and cards, we want to put you in the mood first :)

Hantziie
11-19-2013, 07:55 PM
I like the backstory lore, bring more :D

Crimson84
11-19-2013, 09:05 PM
I really like the background stories but I'm still wondering about the story of Kieran and other heroes from the first set. Where can I find them?

titusthefox
11-20-2013, 07:53 AM

But yeah guys, it's important for us to bring some kind of narrative aspect to the game, so you see that we're not putting out cards out there for no reason. There is a rich back story in Might & Magic, and all of our expansions, cards and mechanics are inspired by this storyline. Before posting new mechanics and cards, we want to put you in the mood first :)

A great way to bring out more lore is campaign ya know. *Nudge, nudge* Eeeh? Campaaaign? C=

Just saying ^^

ulpsz
11-20-2013, 06:42 PM

if you guys take the lore more seriouskey this time DON"T CREATE ABSURDYTIES like "hyku fist of fury"

btw do you still need help from players with testing??? (as you did before)

if so I offer to volunteer..I'm one of the most active playaers (played DOC since last September ALLMOST EVERY DAY...and DOC is also THE ONLY game I play right now...) + all I have is time - since I am bedridden after a riding accident

Bazaltovy
11-21-2013, 11:32 AM
if you guys take the lore more seriouskey this time DON"T CREATE ABSURDYTIES like "hyku fist of fury"

I won't even bother correcting the grammar, so I'll just say... Hikyu has horns. Thus, he's a demon. Thus, he suits Inferno ;)
I believe it's also a kind of tribute to games like Street Fighter, because come on, who does not like them?! :D

I really like the background stories but I'm still wondering about the story of Kieran and other heroes from the first set. Where can I find them?

Check out this stream from official DoC Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/duelofchampions/b/464654781). Simon Villeneuve tells a bit about Kieran and other Void heroes.

Crimson84
11-21-2013, 12:40 PM
thank you!

Bazaltovy
11-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Anytime. :)

Shambell
11-21-2013, 02:20 PM
I believe it's also a kind of tribute to games like Street Fighter, because come on, who does not like them?! :D

+1
And martial arts exist on Ashan... There was several exemples of creature or people practicing it before.

zenithale
11-21-2013, 03:17 PM
(Please don't make fun of my Serpentfly and Dragonfly! :mad:)

ulpsz
11-21-2013, 05:43 PM
I won't even bother correcting the grammar, so I'll just say... Hikyu has horns. Thus, he's a demon. Thus, he suits Inferno ;)

well artistic licence is allways an excuse for blatant lack of imagination -- at this rate we'll be seing ROBOTS in the might and magic universe

but of course most people don't care ..cause YOU ONLY PLAY WITH NUMBERS

PS: NAGAS ALSO HAVE HORNS and also some orcs...;)

svilleneuve
11-21-2013, 08:48 PM

btw do you still need help from players with testing??? (as you did before)

if so I offer to volunteer..I'm one of the most active playaers (played DOC since last September ALLMOST EVERY DAY...and DOC is also THE ONLY game I play right now...) + all I have is time - since I am bedridden after a riding accident

The so called absurdity you speak of was created by the guys in charge of the whole brand of Might and Magic. He has his place in Inferno, as much as an Elf has a place in Sanctuary (Shalan), a Wizard in Stronghold (Zefiria) and a Naga in Academy (Akane). They all have their story and I hope to share it with you soon. :)

Hydroopl
11-21-2013, 09:13 PM
well artistic licence is allways an excuse for blatant lack of imagination -- at this rate we'll be seing ROBOTS in the might and magic universe

but of course most people don't care ..cause YOU ONLY PLAY WITH NUMBERS

PS: NAGAS ALSO HAVE HORNS and also some orcs...;)
1) Actually Golems are close to robots even if they mostly haven't free will. From what I remember golems overall are from jewish mythology
2)Nagas (greek mythology, ever heard of Gorgona?) haven't horns they have snakes and in homm universe it applies to females.
3) Orcs (the earliest record where elves and orcs are appearing is poem from 14th century) are result of mage's experiment where they tried to mix human prisoners with demon blood, so it is legit.
4) Even if Hikyu isn't demon he can be still cultist like it was in homm5 where dark elf called Raelag/Agrael had their powers and horns. I guess Ignatius works on same rule.

Lack of imagination - today it is hard to make anything that won't have any resemblance to any culture or anything which doesn't apply for our world (look brackets). Guess why - because we are humans who live in certain period of time and certain culture influence.

Bazaltovy
11-21-2013, 09:51 PM

I have to worry you, but robotics and sci-fi themes were already introduced in Might & Magic world. Might & Magic VII, for example. Also, it was supposed to be in Heroes of Might & Magic III, but the idea of adding the Forge (google it!) was scrapped and replaced by Conflux.
Have fun educating yourself. :)

Myrmagican
11-21-2013, 10:28 PM
1) Actually Golems are close to robots even if they mostly haven't free will. From what I remember golems overall are from jewish mythology
2)Nagas (greek mythology, ever heard of Gorgona?) haven't horns they have snakes and in homm universe it applies to females.
3) Orcs (the earliest record where elves and orcs are appearing is poem from 14th century) are result of mage's experiment where they tried to mix human prisoners with demon blood, so it is legit.
4) Even if Hikyu isn't demon he can be still cultist like it was in homm5 where dark elf called Raelag/Agrael had their powers and horns. I guess Ignatius works on same rule.

Lack of imagination - today it is hard to make anything that won't have any resemblance to any culture or anything which doesn't apply for our world (look brackets). Guess why - because we are humans who live in certain period of time and certain culture influence.

Medusa and Gorgonas are Greek, Nagas are Hindu mythology.They used both.

WolfyThe
11-21-2013, 10:38 PM
A great way to bring out more lore is campaign ya know. *Nudge, nudge* Eeeh? Campaaaign? C=

Just saying ^^

But there are in fact more missions in the campaign. 14 "hidden" missions spreaded in 3 different campaign, which i wonder why they haven't released them already as they're working fine (except 2 crashes?) They exist at least since the forgotten wars (which is when I've joined) but it's possible they're here for a way longer time, as the lore doesn't seem to relate much about academy.

I've unlocked them in non-conventional way though, and still got the rewards (3K golds, 1K exp per mission). There are a few new heroes that doesn't exist as a card, plus you learn that Sayuki has a sister :L

Shambell
11-21-2013, 11:03 PM
I have to worry you, but robotics and sci-fi themes were already introduced in Might & Magic world. Might & Magic VII, for example. Also, it was supposed to be in Heroes of Might & Magic III, but the idea of adding the Forge (google it!) was scrapped and replaced by Conflux.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQxMWauDJEi3ul0yDLRWVUXKXbo99KJ 13edf1rHcmSd0dQIK_jYg

The Forge in DoC, please...:D

Psychobabble.au
11-21-2013, 11:14 PM

ahhh, you youngsters. Might and magic SEVEN? Robots and sci-fi elements were in MM3 which I played in the early 90s (on 5 1/4` floppy disk!) :). I'm pretty sure they've been a part of the series since day 1, but I never did play MM1 or 2. The whole MM universe was built on a sci-fi story and the interraction of "gods" (interstellar travellers with immense powers) and various primitive people on planets they interracted with.

Bazaltovy
11-21-2013, 11:23 PM
@Psychobabble.au:

Yes, sci-fi was present in M&M since the first part, but I've decided to use an example of M&M VII because of it being - in my opinion - the most popular installment of the series. :)

Psychobabble.au
11-21-2013, 11:32 PM
Ah, I see ;).

MMIV - V was still the best. I never really got into VI or VII, and gave up on the series entirely after that (moved to HOMM).

Bazaltovy
11-21-2013, 11:48 PM
[Hikyu] has his place in Inferno, as much as an Elf has a place in Sanctuary (Shalan), a Wizard in Stronghold (Zefiria) and a Naga in Academy (Akane). They all have their story and I hope to share it with you soon. :)

What about an Elf in Necropolis (Damran)? I'd like to hear that story the most. :)

svilleneuve
11-22-2013, 12:15 AM
But there are in fact more missions in the campaign. 14 "hidden" missions spreaded in 3 different campaign, which i wonder why they haven't released them already as they're working fine (except 2 crashes?) They exist at least since the forgotten wars (which is when I've joined) but it's possible they're here for a way longer time, as the lore doesn't seem to relate much about academy.

I've unlocked them in non-conventional way though, and still got the rewards (3K golds, 1K exp per mission). There are a few new heroes that doesn't exist as a card, plus you learn that Sayuki has a sister :L

We do have some campaign missions that are not released, but the AI doesn't handle them well, that's why we never released them. They are now outdated in terms of story, anything you read in there is considered non-canonical.

Damran indeed has his story, which I hope to share someday. :)

titusthefox
11-22-2013, 10:43 AM
We do have some campaign missions that are not released, but the AI doesn't handle them well, that's why we never released them. They are now outdated in terms of story, anything you read in there is considered non-canonical.

Damran indeed has his story, which I hope to share someday. :)

Sounds great, I would love to play them. Hope you haven't given completely up on PvE content =)

Could you maybe consider making the campaign maps replayable with a lesser reward per mission? I do enjoy making some fun deck and trudging around there once in awhile as a break from ranked duels and I know of many others who feel the same.

Looking very much forward to seeing what more you will bring to the campaign =)

ulpsz
11-22-2013, 03:12 PM

nagas are from hindu mythology...there are even today shivaite ascests that bear that name

some type of gorgonas are also in some celtic myths as some sorts of reletives of formorians...representing earley reptilians who rules the earth before humans

I never heard of orcs mentioned before Tolkien...

elves was a generic term in Germanic/celtic culture for fantastic beings (albs, alvar etc) dwarfs, elves , gnomes, trolls all were called elfs initially..the division came late with the introduction of fantastic literature

sorry but I still find a horned pseudo shaolin monk ABSURD..(not trying to offend anybody here..as the M&M universe is anything his creators want it to be)
the others make sense somehow (zefiria , shalan, damran. etc..although introducing characters like this in a cardgame - where cratures should be more stereotype imo semms too far stretched to me..and simpley an excuse for the lack of imaginig something more consistent)

it is inconsistent and anachronic...like the hasty desighn made by a 10 year old (maybe actualy one of the devs let his child do his job for him)

never new about the robots...thanks for enlightbig me on that...never played M&M only heroes

golems are the mythological equivalent of automatons..so I thing they should suffice for a fantasy universe

svilleneuve
11-22-2013, 03:43 PM
nagas are from hindu mythology...there are even today shivaite ascests that bear that name

some type of gorgonas are also in some celtic myths as some sorts of reletives of formorians...representing earley reptilians who rules the earth before humans

I never heard of orcs mentioned before Tolkien...

elves was a generic term in Germanic/celtic culture for fantastic beings (albs, alvar etc) dwarfs, elves , gnomes, trolls all were called elfs initially..the division came late with the introduction of fantastic literature

sorry but I still find a horned pseudo shaolin monk ABSURD..(not trying to offend anybody here..as the M&M universe is anything his creators want it to be)
the others make sense somehow (zefiria , shalan, damran. etc..although introducing characters like this in a cardgame - where cratures should be more stereotype imo semms too far stretched to me..and simpley an excuse for the lack of imaginig something more consistent)

it is inconsistent and anachronic...like the hasty desighn made by a 10 year old (maybe actualy one of the devs let his child do his job for him)

never new about the robots...thanks for enlightbig me on that...never played M&M only heroes

golems are the mythological equivalent of automatons..so I thing they should suffice for a fantasy universe

If you want to be taken seriously and have more answers from the designers, you might want to rethink your approach. Insulting our work is not a way to get our attention, I don't mind when someone tells me what's wrong with what I do, but when you resort to stuff like this...:

...you lose a lot of credibility. You claim our work is weak, yet you present no solid arguments.

Then there's you saying we're not original and we should have done creatures that are more stereotyped, did I get that right? We have a plan, a clear one, with Raya, Damran and every other Uniques from FW and it will explain a lot about who they are, and why they are in their respective factions, including Hikyu. Might and Magic is based on a lot cultures, its baseline is meant to be familiar but when you dig deeper, when you look closer, there's a lot of details that makes it Unique. You may find it absurd that Hikyu is in Inferno, but he was created so that it fits his story, you just have to take our word for it until we release that story.

You are a huge contributor to the forums, but I can't help but overlook your posts when I read disrespectful things like this. I respect every players, I expect the same in return, even if we disagree.

ulpsz
11-22-2013, 04:48 PM
If you want to be taken seriously and have more answers from the designers, you might want to rethink your approach. Insulting our work is not a way to get our attention, I don't mind when someone tells me what's wrong with what I do, but when you resort to stuff like this...:

...you lose a lot of credibility. You claim our work is weak, yet you present no solid arguments.

Then there's you saying we're not original and we should have done creatures that are more stereotyped, did I get that right? We have a plan, a clear one, with Raya, Damran and every other Uniques from FW and it will explain a lot about who they are, and why they are in their respective factions, including Hikyu. Might and Magic is based on a lot cultures, its baseline is meant to be familiar but when you dig deeper, when you look closer, there's a lot of details that makes it Unique. You may find it absurd that Hikyu is in Inferno, but he was created so that it fits his story, you just have to take our word for it until we release that story.

You are a huge contributor to the forums, but I can't help but overlook your posts when I read disrespectful things like this. I respect every players, I expect the same in return, even if we disagree.

first of all sorry if it came out as offensive ...my English is a little rusty ...and I'm just not used to be nice or delicate to people ( polite maybe but that's as far as I can make it) I was a bouncer it comes with the habbit

ok :

I don't think I need any argument to prove that HYku is absurd...period!

other than that this game is full of LAZY FEATURES ( not being able to have a card in multiple decks, ariana's ability killing creatures with ANY counters on them, focused mind NOT oveeriding fear or enabeling the rakshasa to attack etc...)

some names of sanctuary creatures (those from HOMM) are LaUGHABLE.. the upgrade has the same name but translated in Japanese ( wanizame=shark) Yukki onna = snow woman/maiden
mizu kami = water spirit......

chosing the name GAZAL (the most classical and representative lyrical form in indopersian culture) which can indeed be a girl name...indeed ......but come on...it sounds so awkward

twisting the Arabic "al quasar" into KAL AZAR which doesn,t evin sound infernal like is yet another lazy feature.....

can't remember more now but i'm sure they are...

sorry to be so blunt but facts are facts...

of course there are a lot of good catches the reference to the Egyptian taweret, female dervishes, kilins , kelthor depicting cernunos on the wild hunt, the very inspirational representation of pre-Columbian bererkers aka jaguar warriors, etc.....

of course I realized that the game's lore is based on many cultures and' it'supposed to be inspired from those not litararley bring them to life....that much I can understand don't get me wrong....

now my tone is so harsh because I don't like lazy stuff , things that are just thrown out there only to fill the space....and so far that's how the stuff I'm criticizing feels like.......

ok you might have a plan but, right now, giving an elf to necro, a bellydancer to stronghold and on top of all a Asian manga figure to inferno seems like laziness or lack of imagination to me or both....

it just feels to me like you have not tried enough , and because most people are uncultured (it's just a fact not meant to be offensive) or don't really give much attention to those kind of details, if the o NUMBERS and the MATH adds up, you thought you would get away with it....

belive it or not i'm actually trying to be constructive here...not trying to vent my frustrations or anything...and if you still find my attitude offensive ..it's clear that there are some communication issues and we are getting nowhere and I will stop..

flawed as it is DOC is still my favorite game ..actually the only game I play right now...and I am thankfull for it ....maybe I just want it to be perfect or turn it into MY GAME...

anyway thak you for taking the time to discuss this with me no matter what your verdict might be

svilleneuve
11-22-2013, 05:14 PM
It's bad that you have such a shallow vision of our game and that makes you blind to realities of game development. What you call lazy, was actually discussed and talked over in length. Laziness is the act of not caring about something and doing it half assed. We work really hard on every single part of the game, but we're not an army, we're a small team, we can't do everything as fast as the community hopes.

I am sorry if you are not a troll, but the way you express yourself, saying you want to be polite, and calling us lazy the next sentence, that's just downright trolling.

Blitz556
11-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Great to hear there are more campaigns in store, looking forward to them. Obviously awesome to hear the issue of not being able to have a card in multiple decks has been talked over in length. :)

Elementalist.
11-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Give it a rest ulpsz :) Whether you like it or not, Erwan has created Ashan in his own vision and his nagas, elves, vampires, taweret, dervishes etc are not the ones you know from mythology or other sources. They are loosely based on our world but they have their own backstory and abilities and they are all explained in the Ashan compedium. Many of those can also be found in the official site or other heroes forums like Heroes Community.

Svilleneuve, I greatly appreciate your work and the fact that you spend your time not only reading the forum but also participating in the discussions. Obviously doc still has a long way to go but as long as you are open to our feedback and work with the same passion you've always had I will be happy :) Eager to learn more about the missing campaigns and the role of the unique creatures.

Crimson84
11-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Check out this stream from official DoC Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/duelofchampions/b/464654781). Simon Villeneuve tells a bit about Kieran and other Void heroes.

I finally had the time to go through the video but it was a preview of Forgotten Wars cards, no mention of the heroes.... maybe it's the wrong link?

Stat1cVoiD
11-25-2013, 01:32 AM
Please! Please do not do this to me! Not the freakin Unicorns and Elves!!!!! I hated this faction since its first release in HOMM 3. And they got even more campy in the sequels,...
I mean seriously, you have an Army of Demons and Cerberi or four armed Lions with swords and bad *** Golems and they fight Fairies and Rainbow coloured Unicorns!?
Please don't. Just don't. Let's all just assume they've never existed.

ghobot21
11-25-2013, 05:57 AM
Please! Please do not do this to me! Not the freakin Unicorns and Elves!!!!! I hated this faction since its first release in HOMM 3. And they got even more campy in the sequels,...
I mean seriously, you have an Army of Demons and Cerberi or four armed Lions with swords and bad *** Golems and they fight Fairies and Rainbow coloured Unicorns!?
Please don't. Just don't. Let's all just assume they've never existed.

Well, i like Elves...but not the Wood Elves, only the DARK ELVES. BRING US THE DUNGEON FACTION ALREADY!!
About the pixies and unicorn, I agree that in HOMM 3 & HOMM 4, they look stupid, but both creatures looks cool enough in HOMM 5
I dont care much about the Sylvan when Ubisoft introduced the Honorable Sanctuary, which is my new favorite faction, replacing the Inferno :D

Bazaltovy
11-25-2013, 05:38 PM
I finally had the time to go through the video but it was a preview of Forgotten Wars cards, no mention of the heroes.... maybe it's the wrong link?

Hm, it was a two-parts stream, and while explaining the lore background for Forgotten Wars, Simon also briefly mentioned most of the achievement heroes. Maybe it's in the first part? I was quite sure I sent the correct link. :)

I don't feel like commenting uplsz's and Stat1cVoiD's talking. Seriously, give it a damn rest, guys.
And about what Elementalist. said about the lore - I heard from a friend that there was a rumour during release of Heroes V that the whole history of Ashan was 2000 pages long. That would surely explain EVERYTHING :D

Sqrawn
11-26-2013, 01:55 AM
Ulpsz's post largely comes across as, well, ignorant. And for the post itself to presume ignorance on the part of the Mmdoc staff shows staggering arrogance and hypocrisy.

The game's lore does not require authenticity concerning real-world cultures. That is the concern of a documentary on the history channel.
To misunderstand this shows a failure to appreciate the difference between fact and inspiration.

titusthefox
11-26-2013, 09:46 AM
I for one enjoy your lore, but wish you would put more of it ingame. More campaign or randomized AI opponent that rewards gold, XP and lore tidbits? Or just XP and lore tidbits.