PDA

View Full Version : [± SPOILER BUT YOU NEVER KNOW] Next present protagonist could be...

AdamPearce
11-18-2013, 07:32 AM
...Subject One granddaughter!

In the audios files we hear about subject one who was reliving the memories of Aveline de Grandpré. Now if you remember, Aveline was Eve's descendant. Knowing that Subject one experimentation was around 1981-82, and that the only thing we know about him is that he was a man...let's pretend he had a hidden daughter of 7 years old by the time. Ok, so she turns 24 by 1998 (let's say she was 7 in 81), so at this time, she get's pregnant. Her daughter would now be, in 2014 16 years old!

What's the point? Well first we could finally have a major female character (Ave was nice but she sinked with Vita so...), plus, by being young, we could assist to a evolution of the character troughtout the different game. ALso, let's push the luck and say she has as much of Precursors DNA as Desmond had, otherwise it's not fun. So, by now we would be with a 16 years old Eve descendant during Juno's rebirth...

And, if we want to include everyone...let's say Erudito captures her! because yeah, Assassins are totally krashed and Abstergo is blind by their projects to rule the wolrd. Also, let's sayt Erudito work for Juno, why ----> Erudito means the wise. In Precursors history Aita (#john #roberts) was their most intelligent member. He created the PoE, he builded the Observatory, he thought of soul transfer. He was the wise, the savant, the scientist. I believe Erudito is his new crew. He had one during the Golden age of piracy, he has a new one in the 21st century. We've seen that Roberts wasn't for the Assassins or the Templars, he find they were both stupid and useless.

But then, why John gave the Assassins informations about Abstergo? By the past, Erudito have hacked into the communication program of the Assassins: Hephaistos 1.0. Actually, the Assassins are building Hephaistos 2.0 (ACInitiates) so Erudito don't hack in the system again. I think John put an hack inside the files he gave to Rebecca so Erudito could continue to spy on the Assassins.

Anyway, Eve's 16 years old descendant fighting mad Juno, who's in?

Tolboe
11-18-2013, 09:38 AM
16 is way too young in my opinion. She would be nothing more than kid - not really a threat to anyone, least off all Juno. Mid-20's would be a better fit.

Wolfmeister1010
11-18-2013, 04:56 PM
I heard a rumor that the next protagonist was SpongeBob.

BTW how awesome is this SpongeBob??! I learned about this American creation like a week ago from Black Widow and now I am obsessed

Sigv4rd
11-19-2013, 07:08 AM
16 is way too young in my opinion. She would be nothing more than kid - not really a threat to anyone, least off all Juno. Mid-20's would be a better fit.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120124160504/thelastofus/images/8/86/Ellie_Render.png

AdamPearce
11-19-2013, 07:19 AM

http://beyond.eu.playstation.com/sites/default/files/2colimage/2col_image_3_1.jpg

But still, the point stays. 14-18 girls makes freaking awesome characters.

guardian_titan
11-19-2013, 08:06 AM
I very much doubt Ubisoft will introduce another modern protagonist like Desmond after making us the central modern day character. An NPC maybe or in a side game, but another main game? They seem to be moving away from the third person characters like Desmond in favor of first person. They also stated they liked the idea of us being the modern day character because what happens to us can be reflected in the game as well (or rather vice versa). Such asat one point toward the end in AC4, Edward's in prison and so is the player. The two stories can reflect each other with the new modern day. That's not to say they couldn't have done it with Desmond or another third person protagonist, but I wouldn't hold your breath on them returning to it.

Can't say I'm overly thrilled with first person. They always make me sick which is putting me off buying the game among other things. Bring in someone like Desmond again, I'd be happier. I'm leery of how combat will be done later on. We didn't fight as Desmond in AC1, but we did in AC2. Question isn't if we'll fight in the first person but when. Can't have us running around doing the same thing every game. At some point, combat will get introduced. If we don't fight and yet watch others around us do so, we'll just feel like the damsel in distress who can't take care of themselves. Begs the question how many things can Ubisoft come up with to keep us occupied in the modern day without combat and jumping/climbing puzzles.

Tolboe
11-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Ellie would be ****ed without Joel, and Jodie has superpowers (not too mention it's a ****ty story, ****ty "game" veeeery ****ter director)... Sure the characters are great - well Ellie is, but I still find a 16 year old too young :-)

silvermercy
11-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Too young I'm afraid... the main demographic for these games are, as far as I know, 18+ adults anyway (both officially and unofficially).
Ellie's character worked very well in combination with Joel and their whole relationship dynamic. On her own, it just wouldn't work very well...

AdamPearce
11-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Too young I'm afraid... the main demographic for these games are, as far as I know, 18+ adults anyway (both officially and unofficially).
Ellie's character worked very well in combination with Joel and their whole relationship dynamic. On her own, it just wouldn't work very well...

It's time Ubi grows up.

Syler99
11-20-2013, 08:21 AM
I very much hate the teen hero model in so many ways probably because thats all industry caters to is teens and children. I wouldn't mind a 20 - 30 year old but no teen modern protagonist.

I would like to have a fem lead though. I do think your idea of having us grow up with the character to be intresting though I'd rather us grow up with the lead ancestor then the modern hero. That was one thing I enjoyed a lot of Ezio's life I was with him from teen till old age so that makes him very special for me.

But we don't need to have this lead be related to Desmond or any particular Templar, Assassin, or test subjects we currently know with the new technology created by subject Zero our modern day hero can be anyone so long as the memories they're accessing is of someone who knows of an apple in the past. I particular found subject one's entire audio very funny:

( SPOILERS BELOW!)

Because subject one is male and obviously in a fem relatives bodies it was hilarious to hear alot of the things males in the industry bring up how weird it would be for their male players to be women but these same men don't go we might be giving that same wired feeling to girls but in truth it isn't weird at all and men won't be all concerned and scared of playing a femlead its been proven over and over again men buy Remember Me, Tomb Raider, Urban Chaos, and actively choose to play as fem heros in chose your sex games. But I found him talking about blowing her cover to be something to worry about and how she behaved wasn't how he conceived of women to be entertaining because it sounds so much like a guy would say having to suddenly analyze something so strange to him. I've yet to play Aveline's game but when I can on console I'm buying it so I'll see if she's a normal girl in extraordinary circumstances like Faith is in from Mirror's Edge or is she more a man with beast who dabbles as a girl only when in a dress.

( End Spoiler)

I would like the next hero in the animus at least to be a woman it's not like we don't have tons of accounts to pick from to make an interesting and realistic lead here its just does ubi have the brass balls to handle it twice but make her an official assassin hoodie and all? It's not like we don't already have the npcs in your group. I don't recall any of my fem assassins wearing burkas when they were racing around Constantinople and ubi wants to have it both ways stating history is full of men and only men doing stuff but over and over they keep making women in disguise or women who actively don't care they're in a male setting and will behave just as bold as the guy's they're dealing with I wish they'd cut it out if they think stringing their many fem players along with hopes of future fem heros will keep the on board and playing the games for that chance or in the case of post Aveline second change but 1st for real console real cannon story line heroine they're going to be disappointed they can't keep stringing this portion of their base along forever.

I don't mind the modern hero being a silent wonder I actually thought the entire game I was a girl but then due to the grunts I realized here too I was a man silent wonder so I was a bit disappointed in that. They set it up to have me believe I'm more or less myself as an abstergo employee and I'm not I'm a dude perhapse in this case they could've had us pick our modern protagonist's sex so at least the sound line up and just pull audio files from our assassins or other characters in game for grunts or yelps type of thing.