PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILERS* Next Assassins Creed taking place in the Czech Republic? *SPOILERS*

UbisoftSlick
11-17-2013, 12:29 PM
I RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED IN SOME WAY.

Okay, so recently I had finished all the hacking segments in the modern-day of Assassins Creed 4. One of the video files in it could possibly be a subtle hint to the next Assassins Creed. If you watch the video, it's on someone named Elizabeth. It talks shortly of Rudolf the 2nd and a place called "Prague" in the Czech Republic. Could this be the location to the next Assassins Creed? This really caught my eye.

VIDEO FILE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR0nd2Yz60o

The location would fit perfectly as well for an Assassins Creed game.

Prague in 1590 art depiction:

http://www.praguealacarte.com/PALC/Rudolph_II_files/droppedImage-filtered.jpg

More pictures of Prague:

http://img.timeinc.net/time/europe/magazine/2009/0914/prague_tout.jpg

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/223/cache/free-cities-prague_22387_600x450.jpg

http://citiescapes.ie/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/prague-mala-strana-2.jpg

http://www.amiritravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/PragueSquareHDR-XL.jpg

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/90/0d/fc/prague-town-view.jpg

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/055/6/0/prague___old_town_square_by_pingallery-d4nvdd9.jpg

As you can see, this looks fantastic! Now let's start a discussion. :D

phoenix-force411
11-17-2013, 12:33 PM
I don't see why not. But it's too soon to assume anything. They could make something completely different from this.

UbisoftSlick
11-17-2013, 12:35 PM
I don't see why not. But it's too soon to assume anything. They could make something completely different from this.

They said they put a subtle hint in the game and this is pretty subtle and seems to be a hint. It stands out over most of the other files to find.

roostersrule2
11-17-2013, 12:36 PM
They said they put a subtle hint in the game and this is pretty subtle and seems to be a hint. It stands out over most of the other files to find.There's one that blatantly has time periods for future games.

Her life is summed up in an email anyway.

ze_topazio
11-17-2013, 12:39 PM
Would love Prague.

AstusOz
11-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Could happen. It is curious as to why they transplanted a good chunk of the EJW stuff from Project Legacy to ACIV. Her diary entries were interesting and I guess it would be cool to see the effects of the crystal ball up close.

Crouching.Tiger
11-17-2013, 12:55 PM
They said they put a subtle hint in the game and this is pretty subtle and seems to be a hint. It stands out over most of the other files to find.

To be honest, they put quite a few hints to different time periods. One isn't more probable than the other.
That said, I'd love to see Prague. A beautiful town with an interesting history.

silvermercy
11-17-2013, 12:58 PM
I haven't played the game yet but from what I've been told they have placed hints for many time periods... This is just one of many I'm afraid...
Not that it isn't very beautiful... Would love to go there one day!

UbisoftSlick
11-17-2013, 01:01 PM
I haven't played the game yet but from what I've been told they have placed hints for many time periods... This is just one of many I'm afraid...
Not that it isn't very beautiful... Would love to go there one day!

They did place many hints. This one simply captured my attention the most because it was so random to me. I'd love to go to Egypt as well.

pacmanate
11-17-2013, 01:48 PM
There were a lot of hints for next AC games.

roostersrule2
11-17-2013, 01:51 PM
The next AC will probably be none of the hinted ones.

I didn't see Ancient Greece hinted anywhere ;)

pacmanate
11-17-2013, 01:56 PM
The next AC will probably be none of the hinted ones.

I didn't see Ancient Greece hinted anywhere ;)

I didnt see India or England. Although India was pushed to a comic. I hope there is one in India then again I hope there isn't. The architecture would be awesome and because of the sand instead of just a hood he could pull a face mask up too, like Aiden.

But then the accent, that dreaded accent :(

roostersrule2
11-17-2013, 02:01 PM
I didnt see India or England. Although India was pushed to a comic. I hope there is one in India then again I hope there isn't. The architecture would be awesome and because of the sand instead of just a hood he could pull a face mask up too, like Aiden.

But then the accent, that dreaded accent :(The accent is amazing.

England and India would both be ideal places for AC.

Rugterwyper32
11-17-2013, 02:18 PM
THIRTY YEARS WAR THIRTY YEARS WAR THIRTY YEARS WAR

Seriously if that's a future setting, that's it. They've done it. Actually no, I'd still be wanting a Spain/Portugal game, but it still would be one of my top two settings for them to visit. Gimme Prague, Heidelberg, Munich, Berlin... Either of those locations could work perfectly, I'm telling you. The sort of stuff dreams are made of.

UbisoftSlick
11-17-2013, 02:19 PM
I love the whole lore behind Egypt, so that would make a great story in my opinion.

----------

Anyways, lets stay on topic. :P

ze_topazio
11-17-2013, 02:52 PM
The existence of a Templar safe house in Rio de Janeiro is mentioned in the game, i say Brazil.

adventurewomen
11-17-2013, 03:05 PM
Too soon to assume, and Czech Republic uh no this is one of many location hints in AC4 doesn't make it officially going to be set for the next AC.

roostersrule2
11-17-2013, 03:12 PM
Too soon to assume, and Czech Republic uh no this is one of many location hints in AC4 doesn't make it officially going to be set for the next AC.It's not too soon to assume, it's the correct time, straight after an AC game is released.

I know what time period is officially NOT going to be set for the next AC though :p

Rugterwyper32
11-17-2013, 05:32 PM
After checking the dates of the video, that fits with the Long War and slightly after, which I think would be a pretty damn good setting. Intrigue, actual assassination attempts, a nice setting, a good sight of what Vali talked about back in Revelations and showing you what the problem of assassins helping out the Ottoman Empire was... Pretty interesting stuff. A nice amount of deaths in Prague, we'd have some pretty nice locations around besides Prague (Bratislava is one of the first that come to mind, but I'll do some more investigation with this, as there's many more. Vienna is likely too) also with some interesting targets... Some nice fun. And besides, if we go past 1608 a bit...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_II,_Holy_Roman_Emperor

We already got the pope in a 15th century boxing match. Why not the Holy Roman Emperor next?

Megas_Doux
11-17-2013, 08:50 PM
China!!!!!!!!
NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Prague would be UBER gorgeous!

I am intrigued about the last part you wrote.

Kaschra
11-17-2013, 08:59 PM
I personaly would love to see the Czech Republic and Prague as a setting for an AC game.

There were a lot of hints for next AC games.
No joke hahaha :'D

OHIC
11-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Avoiding reading anything else in this thread since I've not played AC4 yet, but yes, I 'd love to see the next game in Prague. It was suggested in some of the stories in the unlockable data from the "hacked" Abstergo files a couple of years ago too.

Rugterwyper32
11-18-2013, 12:32 AM
I found a few VERY interesting things regarding characters around this time based on the Long War. For cities, I've already figured Prague would be there, and Kassa, Budapest and Cluj-Napoca would be amazing choices. If one of the other three didn't make it (I'd say either Cluj-Napoca or Budapest are the ones that couldn't make it here) Vienna would cut it.
We have a few pretty interesting characters in this setting. For instance, the entire Bathory family, including everyone's favorite, Elizabeth Bathory. Doesn't that sound like fun times?
Then we also have some pretty intriguing figures to work with.

Rudolf II was mentioned already. Something intriguing I found regarding him in Wikipedia: "Astrology and alchemy were mainstream science in Renaissance Prague, and Rudolf was a firm devotee of both. His lifelong quest was to find the Philosopher's Stone and Rudolf spared no expense in bringing Europe's best alchemists to court, such as Edward Kelley and John Dee. Rudolf even performed his own experiments in a private alchemy laboratory. When Rudolf was a prince, Nostradamus (2012 events, anyone?) prepared a horoscope which was dedicated to him as 'Prince and King'.

Rudolf gave Prague a mystical reputation that persists in part to this day, with Alchemists' Alley on the grounds of Prague Castle a popular visiting place.

Rudolf is also the ruler in many of the legends of the Golem of Prague, either because of or simply adding to his occult reputation."

I don't know about you, but with all the Pieces of Eden and whatnot, I can see this working as part of it.

Starina Novac is another interesting figure, and one that I think they could get to work in this, maybe even as an assassin himself. "He began his career as a hajduk at an early age after he was imprisoned and beaten by Turks, losing all his teeth (hence the name Old Novak) that led him to leave his birthplace and take refuge in the forests of Timočka krajina where he quickly learned the use of weapons and military from a harambaš Hajduk."
He died in Cluj-Napoca, which is one of the reasons I'd think that city would fit, but failing that he could still train the character or something in those Romanian forests and he'd get betrayed by Giorgio Basta at one point, leading to his death which the player wouldn't see but be aware of. I don't know. And speaking of Giorgio Basta...
Well, we'd have a nice dastardly Italian templar. Accusing Starina of treason, ordering the assassination of Michael the Brave.. I have him pinned as a Templar in my mind, actually.
Michael the Brave is a character I can see as an independent character played around by Templars, or a Templar himself. Not sure what I'd pin him as yet.
Stephen Bocksai I can see as one of the more noble Templars, protesting against Basta's way of doing things and having trouble because of that.
Mózes Székely is another historical figure I can see making it in.
And finally, John Smith (Yes, the one who met Pocahontas later), copied from Wikipedia: "Smith is reputed to have defeated, killed and beheaded Turkish commanders in three duels, for which he was knighted by the Transylvanian Prince Sigismund Báthory and given a horse and coat of Arms showing three Turks' heads. However, in 1602 he was wounded in a skirmish with the Tatars, captured and sold as a slave. As Smith describes it: "we all sold for slaves, like beasts in a market"."

Wouldn't that make for an interesting setting, now? I do think it would. We have images of Prague, so I'll add some of the other locations I mentioned in this one, the main ones: Kassa, Budapest, Viena and Cluj, in that order.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/Cassovia_1617.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c0/Buda_Citerioris_Hungariae_Caput_Regni_avita_sedes. _vulgo_Ofen_1617.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Vienna_austriae_detail.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/Claudiopolis.jpg

D.I.D.
11-18-2013, 03:32 AM

Mate. You come from Coventry.

Sigv4rd
11-18-2013, 04:27 AM
AC5 idea threads... AC5 idea threads EVERYWHERE... :D
I think I'm just going to put my list of settings in every thread like this...

In order of preference:
1) Ming China, as Shao Jun
2) 13th Century Egypt, as Darim's son/daughter (preferably daughter)
3) Tudor, Elizabethan, Georgian, or Victorian England... (Georgian as a Connor sequel)
4) 30 years war Germany
5) 16th century Korea/Japan
6) 100 years war France
7) Czech Republic
8) 19th century Taiwan
9) Other...

roostersrule2
11-18-2013, 06:37 AM
Mate. You come from Coventry.Ooooooooooooooh, does that mean he as a Geordie accent?

Rugterwyper32
11-20-2013, 11:12 PM
WHOA WHOA HOLD YOUR HORSES HERE I'M BRINGING THIS TOPIC BACK BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE ONTO SOMETHING. Yeah, there was the mention of subtle hints, and after some research, guess what? There are indeed some nice connections besides that video, but there's one that hit me. I remember people mentioning the Voynich Manuscript. And it is indeed among the secrets in the game, not sure how significant but it is there. But what if that was a hint? Rudolf II was one of the alleged owners of it, and Edward Kelley, an "alchemist" who Rudolf II brought to his court being as interested in the occult as he was, is claimed by some to have created the manuscript as a fraud. It all fits in with the timeframe given.

pacmanate
11-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Mate. You come from Coventry.

Normal Coventry accents aren't bad at all, its when you get into Chav territory. People always say I have a slight American accent anyway.

Ooooooooooooooh, does that mean he as a Geordie accent?

No wtf are you smoking.

HiddenKiller612
11-20-2013, 11:39 PM
I'm up for just about any setting.

Radman500
11-21-2013, 12:25 AM
I don't think it will be a European setting, as we already hat one in Italy...

but maybe....

Rugterwyper32
11-21-2013, 12:33 AM
I don't think it will be a European setting, as we already hat one in Italy...

but maybe....

We already had 3 in America, 1 and a half in Asia (though western Asia rather than the Far East) and 2 and a half in Europe (Though admittedly Brotherhood was bumped up DLC and Istanbul is either Europe or Asia depending on what side you're in). And admittedly, Prague and other locations that could go along with it, like Vienna or Budapest would have a rather different feeling than Italy.
I, for one, am all for it.

ze_topazio
11-21-2013, 12:56 AM
WHOA WHOA HOLD YOUR HORSES HERE I'M BRINGING THIS TOPIC BACK BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE ONTO SOMETHING. Yeah, there was the mention of subtle hints, and after some research, guess what? There are indeed some nice connections besides that video, but there's one that hit me. I remember people mentioning the Voynich Manuscript. And it is indeed among the secrets in the game, not sure how significant but it is there. But what if that was a hint? Rudolf II was one of the alleged owners of it, and Edward Kelley, an "alchemist" who Rudolf II brought to his court being as interested in the occult as he was, is claimed by some to have created the manuscript as a fraud. It all fits in with the timeframe given.

There's a file with very long story you can find in the modern world about this actually.

Rugterwyper32
11-21-2013, 01:02 AM
There's a file with very long story you can find in the modern world about this actually.

Aaand there we go it's also part of Project Legacy.
Maybe, just maybe, there's a chance after those events during the 30 Years' War. Or something parallel to those events, I dunno. Maybe there's some hope yet.

ze_topazio
11-21-2013, 01:12 AM
In the game you can also find a page of Vasco da Gama diary and a portrait of prince Henry the navigator, Portugal in the age of discovery or India in the time the Portuguese arrived and conquered a lot of stuffed confirmed... maybe.

Rugterwyper32
11-21-2013, 01:23 AM
In the game you can also find a page of Vasco da Gama diary and a portrait of prince Henry the navigator, Portugal in the age of discovery or India in the time the Portuguese arrived and conquered a lot of stuffed confirmed... maybe.

Portugal itself or Portuguese India or Africa sound interesting, admittedly. Those possibilities I like too.
I can see they left many, many hints for all sorts of possible locations. Man, predicting the next game will be fun.

ReaperSVK
04-26-2015, 06:54 PM
Dude, no, just no. First of all, the video you attached there cannot be viewed because it says "This video doesn't exist.", so fix your "proof". Second of all, they mentioned Prague because Haytham Kenway has spent some time there with his mother. Third of all, they also mentioned Prague, because another behind-the-scene Assassin's Creed story takes place there. For more info, read here: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Prague ..........sorry.

wvstolzing
04-26-2015, 07:05 PM
whoa... another necromancer....

bitebug2003
04-26-2015, 08:05 PM
Closed