PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Egypt is an Ideal era for Assassin's Creed Game

Zafar1981
11-16-2013, 11:08 PM
Egypt is one of those places where Ubisoft can make not one but dozens of Assassin games. The history of Egypt last from multiple millenniums. It is the ideal place for Templers (or what ever the organization was called themselves at that time). Now just talk about the cities of that time. Just watch the documentary about the lost capital city of the time I m saying which is 1300 BC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azCrdRymJr0

It is sure that Pharaoh and his followers were the Templers but who are the Assassins of that time. For this watch another documentary which is also from that same time and you can also find your Masyiaf of that time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7U-b2rdtwQ
Both of the cities are of same time and there are also so many others which can be included like Ancient Damascus, Memphis and small villages.;)

xx-pyro
11-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Why would the Pharaoh's automatically be Templars just because they are in power?

Landruner
11-17-2013, 12:03 AM
I would like to see Egypt too but I am not really sure the about if I would enjoy it set in the ancient?
Nice ideas anyway...

You know that Ancient Egypt of 1300BC was quiet different looking that the one we know, and real Templars did not exist yet at this period of ancient Egypt, they came more than 2000 years later. - just saying...:rolleyes:... :eek:...:(! who cares anyway?;)

Aronsson81
11-17-2013, 12:27 AM
If you go out hack the computers outside Animus , then you can find some information and a specific "email" about certain projects. THey are indeed looking into that and other things like Japanese stuff and even other cool places.. They have a lot ideas but they also need to have permission to deep further into the history etc,

Zafar1981
11-17-2013, 12:38 AM
I had just given the idea. My main concern is that a story can be extracted from the references I had provided. Those I am saying would be Assassin could also be the Templars(or what ever you call them the earlier shape of our antagonist of the game).

Zafar1981
11-17-2013, 12:42 AM
Why would the Pharaoh's automatically be Templars just because they are in power?
I had just given the idea. My main concern is that a story can be extracted from the references I had provided. Those I am saying would be Assassin could also be the Templars(or what ever you call them the earlier shape of our antagonist of the game).

PedroAntonio2
11-17-2013, 12:47 AM
Ancient Egypt as a time period in an AC game would be a HUGE step-back into the franchise. Just imagine...no Hidden Blades created in that time, no Pistols, no Naval Navigation, crap Horse Navigation systems, deserts everywhere and so go on.

Zafar1981
11-17-2013, 12:49 AM
Nice ideas anyway...

Thanks for you appreciation. I have tons of ideas as I love reading history.

Rugterwyper32
11-17-2013, 12:58 AM
It sounds like an interesting idea, though I'd personally be more of a fan of going to 13th century Egypt playing as Darim's child (because he was sure to have one) to combine three things: One, the fallout of the mongols taking Masyaf Castle and the order having to reorganize itself, then there's the mystique of keeping Ancient Egypt as something mysterious with the addition of exploring the ruins of the ancient civilization and whatnot (Maybe to have Ancient Egypt some memory seals type stuff could work in, giving you small scenes to give you the idea of how it went but keeping it shrouded with gaps and whatnot) and finally, connecting the various pieces of Eden that Altair saw in the map at the end of AC1 that are, while not exactly "close" per se, around the general area, one in Giza and one around Lake Victoria (a mission at some point that would take you down the Nile all the way to the area around Lake Victoria sounds like a potential idea, IMO).

I think that could be fun. Ancient Egypt could be nice too, though, but I admittedly prefer this because it's not what you'd expect of an Egypt game, whereas Ancient Egypt keeps striking as what you'd expect out of it. Just for a twist, y'know.

Zafar1981
11-17-2013, 01:02 AM
Ancient Egypt as a time period in an AC game would be a HUGE step-back into the franchise. Just imagine...no Hidden Blades created in that time, no Pistols, no Naval Navigation, crap Horse Navigation systems, deserts everywhere and so go on.
To be honest I didn't like the Pistols in this series but Egypt have the world first navy and thanks to the Great Nile. Hidden Blades are an imaginary stuff in the series and if it is in crusade then they are also in ancient time, because of the wheel and bronze cogs.

Landruner
11-17-2013, 01:46 AM

1300BC they were more flora and vegetation around the Niles, so it was not deserts everywhere, but yes, I see your point, that for sure for any new time period they pick the fun with the naval is going to be missing...

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-17-2013, 02:02 AM
While naval stuff would be lost, that shouldn't prevent them from finding cool time periods and settings. How many places can they go and still fit a *logical* naval thing? Go too far in the past and they wouldn't be exploring the seas. Go too close to the present and we won't have old style boats but metal behemoths.

I'm actually scared that Ubi will do that though:

Devs: Oh we're going to make a new AC set during the 20's to 30s, you play as an Italian American mobster, a descendant of Ezio Auditore in a big city before it became TOO big. Perhaps New York so you can climb an unfinished Empire State Building. Maybe Chicago so we can throw in some nods to Watch_Dogs. We'll make sure to set it in a time before the buildings got too tall.
Execs: People liked the sailing aspect. Can you fit that in?
Devs: Well erm... not really. I mean, it wouldn't be even close to what it was if we did....
Execs: Nope.

OR

Devs: We're going to set a new AC in ancient China or perhaps Feudal Japan. We know we want to do an AC game with asian influence so we'll look at the most interesting time periods in each and look at the architecture and see what would be interesting to explore.
Execs: Boats...?
Devs: ...not really.
Exec: LOLNOPE

A lack of sailing should not be a deciding factor for an AC game... it was in 2 out of 6 AC games. The staple of the series is and should still be parkour, assassinations, and an interesting and compelling story. Not boats.

AdamPearce
11-17-2013, 02:12 AM
Sailing won't be a problem, they actually did Black Flag for this reason, so they don't have to put anymore sailing in the next games.

Anyway, Ancient Egypt is a bad idea. Mediterranean during the 3 century BC would fit perfectly with an AC game. We have Hidden Blades, massive politic wars, emergence of a new Empire, a whole new city is left, it is simply one of the richest time in history.

PedroAntonio2
11-17-2013, 02:35 AM
I think Naval Navigation should be included in all Next AC games in a way. Not for open-world purposes like in ACIV, but for sidemissions like in ACIII would be nice. Ancient Egypt is nice...but I prefer to see Egypt during the Napoleonic Wars, after the French Revolution AC game.

AdamPearce
11-17-2013, 02:39 AM
I think Naval Navigation should be included in all Next AC games in a way. Not for open-world purposes like in ACIV, but for sidemissions like in ACIII would be nice. Ancient Egypt is nice...but I prefer to see Egypt during the Napoleonic Wars, after the French Revolution AC game.

What is the point of having an inferior restricted naval gameplay when you can play on a fully developped open-wolrd naval game???????

PedroAntonio2
11-17-2013, 03:18 AM
Because it's a nice feature that must come back in the next AC games, BUT we cant have a Naval Open-World for all of them. Just imagine...French Revolution in an AC game, what is the point in having a Open-World gameplay with ships ? It doesn't make sense, but in the Napoleonic Wars, some battles happened in the seas, so the Naval system should come back in some missions and sidemissions. By the way, it wouldn't be restricted, the controls and mechanics would be just as percect as in ACIV, but we couldn't play in a Open-World way.

Landruner
11-17-2013, 03:19 AM

I think that what is going to happen IS that Black Flag will start it own way independent from the AC franchise, so it would be certainly a Black Flag 2 in 2 years from now, kinda?!

MasterfulList53
11-17-2013, 05:17 AM
More generally, a game set in the Mediterranean Sea would fit well with the direction the series is taking. Obviously it would work with the naval aspect - various locales could be visited by sailing to them. The span of sea between Greece and Egypt would be an obvious choice, with Cairo and Athens as the two main cities. There are a lot of islands in between those two countries, which would give it a similar kind of map to the one AC4 has.

Though if this happened then I think it would be set between the Altair and Ezio timeline, rather than in ancient times.

pirate1802
11-17-2013, 06:48 AM

Well let's see.. Hidden blades: As it is currently in the franchise, it serves the purpose of an icon only and doesn't do anything that knives or daggers can't. Naval: I don't consider it integral to an AC franchise. Pistols: Not necessary either, more of a period-specific thing. Pre-gunpowder ACs were certainly not worse because they didn't have gunz. And horses.. Egyptians did use horses.

Still, while Ancient Egypt would, imo, be cool; What would set my mind really racing would be an AC during Alexander's time charting his course from Macedon through Persia all the way to India. Now THAT would be an AC I'm willing to sell my soul for.

Black_Widow9
11-17-2013, 08:19 AM
Please use this thread:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424

Thanks