PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to do this?

SneakierNote
11-16-2013, 07:03 PM
I have decided aginst my own set of rules in my life. Number one is never go back on your word. I have done just that, I made the decision to buy a PS4 in addition to the Xbox One I have already fully paied for. I did this so I can see for myself once and for all what system is better. Even if PS4 is better I will still use the Xbox One %90 of the time. IMO Xbox One has the best controller ever made in my opinion. (IMO) Now I have a small problem, but lucky for me I have some of the smartest players here to help me you guys!

Question #1:
Have any of you guys used your Xbox 360 or your Playstation 3 to order real life products? My real life computer at the moment is getting a bigger power supply in it so I can put a high end video card in it. I want to buy the most expensive Playstation 4 version of AC4 cause some other cool stuff AC related comes with it. So am I safe to use my 360 to online shop? If any of you guys shop online and have bought products and have had no issues let me know.

Question#2:
If I can shop online useing my Xbox 360 just like I would useing my computer is there anything extra I can do for security? Any extra tips I would appreciate. To whoever takes the time to anwser my questions, I thank you from the bottom of my heart and very much appreciate you awsomeness.

Mr_Shade
11-16-2013, 07:08 PM
Hi,

Shopping via the consoles - can be done - however it depends on the retailers website - some may use code which won't display correctly on the Consoles - or open pop ups to sign in etc - again maybe cause problems..

As far as safety goes - you should be find, since both use a closed network and the hardware - does not allow key loggers etc -

However it's down to the sites to support the browsers, which some may not.. and if the transaction fails - it maybe something the site can't help with, due to using a console [unsupported browser]

Re the PS4 version of the game - which version are you after? - since the top edition available from Ubisoft - The Black Chest Edition - maybe already sold out?

adventurewomen
11-16-2013, 07:15 PM
Why not just go to the store.. best buy, walmart, gamestop etc.. "The old fashioned way" lol..

SneakierNote
11-16-2013, 08:11 PM
Hi,

Shopping via the consoles - can be done - however it depends on the retailers website - some may use code which won't display correctly on the Consoles - or open pop ups to sign in etc - again maybe cause problems..

As far as safety goes - you should be find, since both use a closed network and the hardware - does not allow key loggers etc -

However it's down to the sites to support the browsers, which some may not.. and if the transaction fails - it maybe something the site can't help with, due to using a console [unsupported browser]

Re the PS4 version of the game - which version are you after? - since the top edition available from Ubisoft - The Black Chest Edition - maybe already sold out?

Thank you very much Shade. Now that you told me the top shelf version is called The Black Chest Edition, I will see asap if any are left fingers crossed. I think it was so cool of you being a Forum Manager to anwser my questions. Thanks again really cool of you to help me. I am after the PS4 version and Xbox One I bought both, obviously I am sure you know Xbox One is not out yet for a few more days. I have the 360 version at the moment of AC4. I could not decide what new system I wanted so I got both.

Mr_Shade
11-16-2013, 08:22 PM
No worries.

The Black Chest edition is only available via the Ubisoft shop - www.uplay.com - that's assuming it is still available in your country, since it is sold out in most!

Gi1t
11-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Oh. good. You're asking about buying something through a console. When I saw "Is it safe to do this?" on an AC forum....kinda thought you meant something a lot more dangerous. XD

But I have to agree, the Xbox has my favorite controller. Ever since the first gen Xbox, I've liked theirs better because it actually fills up my hands. Now that I'm planning to get a PS3 instead of going next gen, I'm wondering if there are any larger PS3 controllers. Thing is, I'd like to avoid third party controllers because they always stop working so much quicker than the real ones.