PDA

View Full Version : More things to spend on with the money you earn.

Chino6100
11-16-2013, 12:27 PM
I wish there were something else that you could spend your money on in these AC games. After finishing all the upgrades and buying all the art, swords, outfits, pistols and buildings in your pirate hideout, there isn't much else to spend for. I've noticed that in all the AC games that had the concept of currency in the game, after collecting everything, you start to end up with more money and nothing else to spend it on. Would be nice if they would allow you to spend more on other things like maybe rebuilding the forts and improve their defensive and offensive capabilities or further improve the buildings in your hideout. I just find it a bit disappointing having a lot of money yet nothing to spend on in these games after completing them all. In my AC2, ACB and ACR I at least have a million with pretty much nothing else to spend on but just keep earning more every 20 minutes or so and having all that money makes you want to spend it on something. I don't know if anyone else is also having the same thoughts but I just wanted this to be out there.

hamNdoritos
11-16-2013, 05:23 PM
you gotta stop at some point. They can't make it where there is unlimited amount of things to spend money on. Because then you'll get people complaining how things are ridiculously expensive and they have to go out and gain some money in order to purchase all these continuous things. For example, after I collected all the chests in AC3, it still wasn't enough to purchase all the outfits, swords, pistols, axes, tomahawks, and all the maps. So it was annoying to not be able to accrue money and I had to kill hundreds of guard for a measly 6 dollars per guard.

You can't please everybody, but I'm glad they made AC4 where gaining money isn't a huge issue.

OHIC
11-16-2013, 05:31 PM
This is a big problem in game design. Of course, you get to the end and wish there was more for the player to buy. However, imagine if you'd had the option from the start - would you have got the necessary upgrades for the vital stuff, like your ship? Probably not, since you'd be tempted to buy some other things , and see how they worked. Taking your example, you might buy defences you don't need. Or maybe you'd underestimate how much money you'd end up with, and spend it on clothes and extra weapons.

It's odd to end up at the end of a game with huge quantities of cash, but maybe that's better than getting to a late stage of a game and realising you're going to have grind for cash just to play the last sections of heavy warfare (NB - I have not played AC4 yet, but I understand at the very least there are some seriously well-armed galleons out there in free roam that you cannot fight until your ship is fully upgraded).

Chino6100
11-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Hey thanks for the feedback and your opinions about it. I really appreciate it. I'm doing my 2nd run through the game and this was just my thoughts concerning the loads of cash that I had in my other save file that I've gotten from the constant ship battles and boarding. I usually play the game where I try to collect all that I can and upgrade all my stuff before I continue the missions along with side activities cause I just want to make sure everything is done before proceeding with the story line so I can avoid being distracted or interrupted. But at the end, after upgrading everything and having bought everything, it feels like I want to spend on something to make use of my money. For Far Cry 3, I was really glad with the ability to reset the safe houses where you could go for another round and retake all the safe houses again but at least with the money I've gained from the guards that I've looted I could use to buy ammo and armour which made me feel that the money I've earned was useful in a sense that I had to restock my ammo supply and I had another go at the safe houses.

For me, the fun part in AC 4 is the ship battles and boarding since I get to just kill people as much as I like at the same time earn the supplies and materials that can be sold for money and used for upgrading the ship. And after having completed everything, the other materials such as wood, cloth, and metal are just materials that can be sold for money. It would have been interesting if these materials were also required to upgrade the hideout and not just money alone. I'm sorry for ranting, it's just that I really want to have a reason to keep playing the game for a bit longer as I've been a fan of the series since the first game. I literally had to boot camp my Macbook to play AC1 even with lousy graphics and a lot of lag just to play the game I was so interested in. But thanks your thoughts guys.

SneakierNote
11-16-2013, 07:37 PM
I almost have about one million in extra game money on Assassins Creed 4 right now. I have also bought everything in the game. But someone posted on your thread there is only so much you can do with in game money. Think of it like this ,I have destroyed over 700 ships and boarded another 200-300 ships. The developers had no way really to know that some people would just hunt/board and sinks all day long. (THATS A GOOD THING THO WE ALL LIKE IT SO MUCH.) The developers also probably did not know we would keep a FLEET in my case of 15 Man O'Wars going 24/7. Just think how cool AC5 will be now that Ubisoft knows we love there open sea ship to ship battles.I am sure prices in AC5 will be 4x morein game money. They might even give us achievments in future AC games mabe we would get a award for example in the next AC game for being a millionaire. That would be cool alot of my AC4 money came from about %15 assassin contracts/navel contracts, 15% from chests/buried treasure/looting dead bodies, 20% from selling RUM and SUGAR and about %50 from my fleet.

I am poor tho compared to other players. My total money spent and earned was between 1.4m and 1.75m, and thats as I said keeping my fleet going around the clock. SOME PLAYERS ON THE LEADER BOARDS HAVE OVER TWO POINT FIVE BILLION UBISOFT OBVIOUSLY THOSE PEOPLE HAVE CHEATED AND SHOULD BE BAN!

SneakierNote
11-16-2013, 07:52 PM
Chino6100 I sent you a friends request, if you own a Xbox 360 you can add me. That goes for anyone else that is looking to make new friends and loves Ubisoft games.I will help anyone that enjoys the epic Fleet Mini-Game

Xbox 360 Gamer Tag SneakierNote

Chino6100
11-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Hey SneakierNote. Thanks for the add, first friend to my list. And thanks for the response. I agree that the fun of the game is the boarding and plundering. I usually spend a day just doing that over and over again to get more money and also not stepping on land anymore just to get a ranking in the leaderboards, alas, I'm only going for the Deadliest Assassin Rank, got to Rank 9 worldwide before because of the constant killing thing but I was really shocked to see some guy get 40K kills. I only have around 10K in total both from my previous save file and my current save file. Probably around rank 20 - 30 maybe even less around 80 to a 100 since I stopped killing and going for the completion thing. Sorry I don't have an Xbox, only got a playstation but I'll add you to my uplay friends.

SneakierNote
11-16-2013, 08:57 PM
If you have time later you can give me your PS3 name. I have a PS4 I gotta go pick it up. I will own both next gen-systems. I will probably be on the PS4 so I can play AC4 in 1080P. Thats really the only reason I am getting the PS4. I was told by many people that AC4 looks AMAZING in 1080P which my VIZIO 42" flat T.V. along with the PS4 will support. I will still use my Xbox One %90 of the time but it DOES NOT support 1080P. CRIES : (

Chino6100
11-16-2013, 09:42 PM
I heard about that 1080 thing with the Xbox One. But I'm planning on getting a PS4 probably by next year January when the unit is available in the Philippines. And definitely playing the game and getting a 100% completion for the 3rd time around. But I'll be using the PS3 disc cause I just found out that a few of the games that are for both the current gen and next gen have some codeon the PS3 that you can input which allows you to play the game with the PS3 disc on the PS4 or purchase the game digitally for only $10. Either way, I'm getting the PS4 when I can.

Landruner
11-17-2013, 01:20 AM
you gotta stop at some point. They can't make it where there is unlimited amount of things to spend money on. Because then you'll get people complaining how things are ridiculously expensive and they have to go out and gain some money in order to purchase all these continuous things. For example, after I collected all the chests in AC3, it still wasn't enough to purchase all the outfits, swords, pistols, axes, tomahawks, and all the maps. So it was annoying to not be able to accrue money and I had to kill hundreds of guard for a measly 6 dollars per guard.

You can't please everybody, but I'm glad they made AC4 where gaining money isn't a huge issue.

I am not mocking okay?!

Honestly your post make me laugh because that is really funny the way you are writing;) explaining this- poor guards...and I bet at $6 each, I imagine it could have been a lot of annoying killing to get a lot of money - maybe you could have give a try to the "tedious" homestead grafting and sent some convoys for preventing from having to kill so many guards...I know the graptiing system was a turn off and still annoying as well.

Sturnz0r
11-17-2013, 01:42 AM
All you had to do was flip bear pelts with the convoys. I feel sorry if you looted bodies to get all of the upgrades.

re: nothing to spend cash on, I want a frigate!

hamNdoritos
11-17-2013, 05:26 AM
the convoys were really boring and it had tons of bugs in AC3. My convoys kept getting stuck being attacked or lost (don't remember). So i didn't bother with it anymore. So i just killed guards and looted them. Besides the combat was cool in AC3 compare to previous installments (besides the grappling hook). I got to kill **** loads of guards with all different kind of weapons and techniques and seeing all the cool kill animations with different weapons. And i liked how they started putting more difficult enemies in AC3 towards the end. I remember having to fight like 12 of the captains with no regular guards. And the courier was so much easier to catch in AC3 so that was another form of getting money (although couriers didn't start appearing till very late into the game). The couriers in AC4 are hard to catch because they run faster than Edward. You literally have to learn your routes and know where to take a shortcut and cut them off (thats if they don't turn around)

Perk89
11-17-2013, 08:04 AM
I'm at almost 300,000 reales. I feel your pain.

SneakierNote
11-17-2013, 05:40 PM
I made a last minute decision to get the PS4 based on what a professional told me. I am not allowed to give there e-mail or even there first name Chino6100.They were right AC4 looks amazing in 1080P. I just will not be useing the PS4 much because I cannot get use to there controller. Playing the Xbox 360 for about 18 months makes change hard for me on the issue of next gen systems I guess.

Last thing guys mabe the AC4 DEV TEAM could make some cool items through a DLC. They could make the items cost between 50,000 and 1m in game money. This would double the replay ability in the game which would sell more AC4 RL copies of the game. Ubisoft would be happy cause more of there products being bought, we would be happy more content for us.

SneakierNote
11-17-2013, 05:48 PM
Also we can make as much in game money we want just have to work for it. Some ships give 1,000 to 10,000 (Royal Convoy) and after your ship is fully upgraded you can sell wood,metal,cloth and of corse rum and sugar. My idea would be cool and it would work.

Chino6100
11-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Convoys weren't that much boring, rather it was just a lot of effort having to manually put in every single item to each slot in AC3. You could send convoys and just kill people in towns, that's what I did most of the time since it was so much fun killing people with the new combat system as well as seeing the different kill animations. Combining the convoys and the killing of the guards, which in my opinion is rather fun to do. And I agree with hamNdoritos, the couriers in AC4 are just stupidly hard, you run up to one even if it was in the back and they would suddenly gain supernatural sensory perception and just run as fast as they could which I think is just insanely fast even if it was an uphill run.

Hey SneakierNote, I'd like to hear your impressions on the PS4 once you've started with it. I'm seriously considering delaying my purchase after I've heard some large amounts of complaints regarding some hardware issues with the new units. Would be nice to hear your experience. And also I agree that it is hard to somewhat get adjusted to a new controller but I notice I can easily adjust to things...I've had a PS1 a PS2, and now a PS3 ever since so I can easily adjust to the controller. I've also had a chance to use the Xbox 360 before although it was a modified one because I couldn't handle the price of buying original games before, but shifted to the PS3 after 2 years because I had to constantly upgrade the firmware to allow it to play the latest games.

SneakierNote
11-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Yeah buddy, ^^ It's still sitting in the box with a brand new copy of the PS4 version of AC4. Its my project to get it up and running today and pay for Sony's online fee. I will play for the first hour and give you a honest anwser about it. Between the system and the game after I paied taxes on both it comes to around $620.00. Thank god my fricken T.V. is already 1080P. So before you spend all that cash I will let you know honestly if I like it or not. My Xbox One is already fully paied for I will let you know how that one does as well.

xx-pyro
11-18-2013, 02:55 PM
Yeah buddy, ^^ It's still sitting in the box with a brand new copy of the PS4 version of AC4. Its my project to get it up and running today and pay for Sony's online fee. I will play for the first hour and give you a honest anwser about it. Between the system and the game after I paied taxes on both it comes to around $620.00. Thank god my fricken T.V. is already 1080P. So before you spend all that cash I will let you know honestly if I like it or not. My Xbox One is already fully paied for I will let you know how that one does as well.

I'm pretty sure you get the first year free on the PS4 no? (In terms of online).

hamNdoritos
11-18-2013, 06:35 PM
And I agree with hamNdoritos, the couriers in AC4 are just stupidly hard, you run up to one even if it was in the back and they would suddenly gain supernatural sensory perception and just run as fast as they could which I think is just insanely fast even if it was an uphill run.

It is ridiculous how they run so fast and so much more alert. Even if you're hiding in a bush, their spidey sense tingles and they dash right away. I've only caught 2 couriers out of like 20 i've encountered. And 1 of them I didn't really catch, I was chasing it and he was getting away from me, so I made a shortcut and caught up to him but he was still running way faster than me so as soon as i saw him highlighted, I immediately shot him. Of course that drew guards attention and I had to kill about 8 guards before I can loot this courier for a measly 100 reales. Thats why I don't even bother with the couriers anymore, the reward is not that great and its a b!tch to catch one. They should rename it to "Catch the Leprechaun"

TheArcaneEagle
11-18-2013, 06:40 PM
I waste my money on White Whale skins to the point where I'm almost at 1000 on purpose and do nothing the skins. It gives me something to do when I need to buy a new set of swords, pistols or new Jackdaw Upgrades. Keeps the game fresh. Don't judge me.