PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Can we get an update to choose the weapon we want to carry?

JnrfL
11-16-2013, 09:36 AM
I personally would like to remove the blowpipe from my equipped arsenal. With the twin swords I could manage since he is a pirate but the blowpipe doesn't really fit (Come on, it wasn't even in the cover and ads of the game). I am even considering to stop playing the game after just acquiring it. I believe there is an audience that request of this to be implemented as we speak. It would really make a big impact on people that would like to immerse themselves in being an assassin. For example in my experience of playing Assassin's Creed, I would always look for a way to remove the weapons I didn't want. In AC3 Connor's bow really frustrated me. It was the only weapon I couldn't remove (since all the other weapons could be disarmed by an enemy). So when a glitch came out to remove it, I personally made it my agenda to sought that glitch out. I even remember applying the glitch in so many hours haha. Sadly after a dire frustration of trying to glitch the removal of the blowpipe(which I think is hideous to look at with a pirate that commands a fleet -_-"). My only hope for now is an update to choose what weapon to carry.

Kagurra
11-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Okay... you're going to stop playing because of this? It's not even that bad like the crossbow was in Ezio games.

Also, have you seen what Connor looked like without the bow on his back? Oh yeah, stupid. The bow looked perfect on him.

JnrfL
11-16-2013, 09:47 AM
Well the thought of it came to mind. But in the end I just replayed the game exploring and playing the side missions. :)

I had seen it since I was successful removing it and I was happy with the results. :D

But for AC4:BF don't you think the blowpipe looked out of placed?

MadDogg59
11-16-2013, 10:25 AM
I would love to be able to remove the blowpipe. Never really liked any weapons on the back, except Altairs dagger as it had an actual sheath.

Skcarkden
11-16-2013, 11:09 AM
Well the thought of it came to mind. But in the end I just replayed the game exploring and playing the side missions. :)

I had seen it since I was successful removing it and I was happy with the results. :D

But for AC4:BF don't you think the blowpipe looked out of placed?

Out of place? It was given to Edward by the tribal Assassin's. It fit just as much as seeing Native American Indians with rifles instead of throwing sticks. See something more practical? Adapt, use it. And that's pretty much what went on here. Game-wise it's a practical weapon. Whether you believe in magical weapons that make your enemy attack other enemies is debatable for if it fits or not.

JnrfL
11-16-2013, 11:39 AM
Out of place? It was given to Edward by the tribal Assassin's. It fit just as much as seeing Native American Indians with rifles instead of throwing sticks. See something more practical? Adapt, use it. And that's pretty much what went on here. Game-wise it's a practical weapon. Whether you believe in magical weapons that make your enemy attack other enemies is debatable for if it fits or not.

Okay have you ever seen a pirate captain to wield a blowpipe? Its all too unnatural. Even the advertisements for the game doesn't show of it. And you know what Edward is more of a pirate than an assassin. It seems unpractical to make aware of your assassin's blowpipe to your enemies. In my opinion between a gun and a blowpipe, he'll use a gun rather than the blowpipe cause he's a pirate for most. Also petite tricks such as using a blowpipe make things too easy and make the character look weak as he use a berserk dart and watch an enemy go berserk and die. I prefer the traditional way of stabbing people in the back like what an assassin usually do since I'm not a tribal assassin. In the end its the players play style of choice. I don't wanna seem weak and use weapons like blowpipe. I prefer to fight and kill using my twin blades and gun to spread fear to both templar and pirates alike. So given a choice I would rather place the blowpipe as a decorate on a trophy case to show my appreciation to the assassins rather than keep it in my arsenal.