PDA

View Full Version : Issues with the Telescope feature

legioncrow
11-15-2013, 06:58 PM
There is an Abstergo Challenge "defeat 5 ships you previously tagged" requiring you to look through the telescope to tag the ship. I've read the other threads, googled about it, and have attempted it MANY times in the 75+ hours of gameplay I have invested and the hundreds of ships I've battled. I can't seem to get the telescope to display any ship information. All it wants to do is basically aim the mortar cannons. Is this a bug or is there something I'm missing?

SenseHomunculus
11-15-2013, 07:52 PM
There is an Abstergo Challenge "defeat 5 ships you previously tagged" requiring you to look through the telescope to tag the ship. I've read the other threads, googled about it, and have attempted it MANY times in the 75+ hours of gameplay I have invested and the hundreds of ships I've battled. I can't seem to get the telescope to display any ship information. All it wants to do is basically aim the mortar cannons. Is this a bug or is there something I'm missing?

Hey Crow. You know the left trigger (Xbox) is for the mortar and the right is the regular telescope correct? You can't target the mortar through the regular telescope. When you have a ship in the telescope you can zoom in and out with the left control. If it's far away you'll have to zoom in to get its info. Once you have that ship's info hit the A (Xbox) to tag it. Are you not seeing that ship highlighted when you look at the world map or at the ship's helm? It should show the distance to the target/tagged ship.

legioncrow
11-16-2013, 03:52 PM
Thank you. I knew I had to be overlooking something probably obvious. Guess that's what I get for playing on a small screen.