PDA

View Full Version : Asara 's Useless cup I

asaraz
11-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Hello everyone , here is a message from my boss at Millenium
Duel of Champions tournament are not yet very numerous specially in France, but this is gonna change soon. So this is the time to test some concepts. You may know our Streamer Asara and his show displaying Useless Heroes and Creatures. How would you feel to participate in the Useless Cup ?
This is what he proposes you with a unique system of selection of the participants: you will have to submit two decks that have to smell and transpire of useless attitude. It can be the Hero, a particular combo, the creatures , the spells or fortunes or just a mix of all that. Who amongst yourselves is able to build a competitive Jezziel mill 0/17/1 ? We are persuaded that most of you dont even know who Jezziel is.
Here are the rules of selection:
You will have to send two useless decks to Asara. He will then choose amongst it 32 competitors for the tournament and then the bracket will be generated.
Use...ful informations:

Send your useless deck to graendal@hotmail.com by specifying in the object : Deck Useless- cup1- your nickname
32 competitors max
Until the semi finals : BO3
Semi finals, finals and match for 3rd place : BO5.
Start of applications : Thursday 14 november 2013
End of applications : Monday 18 november 2013 midnight.
The chosen will be either warned by mail or in my show for the French ones.
The goal is also to make a contact between both communities.

You may ask yourselves:" But what can i win?"
Indeed why bother to do such a hard work to build a noncompetitive deck for nothing?
As we are good people in Millenium, we have chose the perfect gift for you : a private lesson with the KIng of troll and useless attitude : Nillitrolls; youll indeed get during Asara's show a private lesson to learn to play with ur useless deck!
(and for pragmatic people were still waiting for an answer of Ubisoft for more gifts).

First round will take place Friday 22/11/2013 at 7pm Cet
Quarter finals Saturday 23/11/2013 before midnight.
semi finals and finals Sunday 24/11/2013 during the afternoon at a time stlll to defined with the competitors.
More rules will be forwarded to the chosen ones ( for replays sending mostly)

Sansa for Millenium

defunkt99
11-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Sounds funny but less specific about the term useless. Is a Jezziel deck with 4 Wolf Captains still useless? As necro isn`t played that much currently is a fleshbane rush useless? Perhaps you should make it more clear what your conditions are especially when the useless stuff still should be competitive.

asaraz
11-15-2013, 11:42 AM
i cant be specific since there is so many posisiblitis , just send the deck,
the fleshbane rush is ofc not useless, the jezziel with 4 wc , well it depends of the rest of the deck

deatrick42
11-16-2013, 06:11 AM
So we need a deck thats just useless enough for you to accept it, but still good enough to win a tourney?

Ipwnfour
11-18-2013, 10:57 AM
I find this highly confusion and like the posters above pointed out: a huge lack of information. Also, you have contradicting rules: 1) make a useless deck (= non-competitive) and 2) win (= competitive).

A Crag Hack deck without DA's, is this useless? Or a Myranda deck that gets squashed in current meta?

IMO you should be way more specific. For example, ban certain heroes or cards.

asaraz
11-20-2013, 11:16 AM
i find it impossible to make it specific due to the many existing possibilities , i can you give you some exemples : a fleshbane rush deck would not ofc be allowed in but a fleshbane wit helts say diferent creatures like all the new poisoners from lst set etc ,
u can still ask me question on mmdoc or via mail or even on skype ( given on request)
u use a lot of imagination t ocreate competitive decks , do so the reverse way !
update : Due to the invitational tournament by Henip occuring this weekend instead of last one, we chose to modify the schedule of sara's Useless cup. It will ocurr on Saturday the 30th of november ( will start in the morning , time still to be defined) et will be played only on this day not scheduled anymore on 3 days as planned first. Inscriptions and decklists are to be sent at this email : graendal@hotmail.com , before the 25th of november , midnight Cet

WolfyThe
11-20-2013, 02:16 PM
I think the better way to see it (if the OP agrees with what I mean) is that you'll have to show us all how dem under/never used cards and counter productive combo (purity with zardoc full of enrage creature?) doesn't prevent you to win against other same level of failure deck.

And anyway, it's just for show fun and hilarious moment, not to win I think.

Dipl0mate
11-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Hey,

I cant participate for timing purpose, but I would have loved to do it with this deck : http://tools.mmdocking.com/decks/show/404

I guess its useless enough but it may have a chance against other useless decks !

Dipl0mate
11-20-2013, 02:36 PM
arg, I missed the Helexian librarian, I need 2 of them in my graveyard for the inheritance.... -1 dispell -1 bridge, +2 Helexian librarian

defunkt99
11-20-2013, 03:07 PM
arg, I missed the Helexian librarian, I need 2 of them in my graveyard for the inheritance.... -1 dispell -1 bridge, +2 Helexian librarian

so you got 4 paos +2 bridges = 18 dmg.... you can't win on your own (you need reshuffel effects or selfdmg from your opp). It is not useless but senseless this way because you also want to win.

edit: ah sry the sots gives you a winning condition....but this time its just a normal otk with a few strange cards...

Dipl0mate
11-20-2013, 03:21 PM
The paos have to go through the ennemy line.

The combo is :

1- Play throne (so there are no creatures in play)
2- use inheritance (you need a librarian in your grave)
3- use 3 hidden temple
4- play 4 paos
5- use inheritance (you need a 2nd librarian in your grave)
6- use campfire
7- use campfire
8- use strength of the sea
9- Attack with every Pao
10- use Kaiko ability on one pao
11- Play pao and attack
12- win

I guess it is not standard OTK since given how many cards you need, it often means drawing your entire library. Also it is very fragile to anykind of discard mechanic. The only plan B is using kaiko ability...

Well, I find it pretty useless.

jkk89
11-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Normal otk? Yea right:D Try to play otk w/o earth or fire magic.. AND in this otk you need to actually draw youre whole deck to start the combo:D Pretty useless but fun! I like it! Nice idea:)