PDA

View Full Version : Explorer Outfit -- Couple questions

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-15-2013, 04:23 AM
I haven't gotten the game yet but I've been looking up things about the outfits in the game on google, youtube, and even here.

As far as I could see, there was no outfit that looked like a more traditional Assassin outfit (white and red) but then I finally found a video of someone who unlocked the outfit and it looks... well, the closest thing to the more classic color scheme. So that would be my preferred outfit and I'd like to get it as soon as I can (once I have the game)

Problem is, I don't have the game but I've heard from a few things that the challenge to unlock it ends at some point so I have to ask -- if you miss the challenge by whatever date... are you just not able to unlock it...? I feel like this is a stupid question as it seems unlikely for that to be the case but just making sure. I was hoping to get it for next gen but I won't be getting a next gen console for quite some time anyway. Also...if anyone has it and can post screenshots of the outfit during the daytime hours in the game world...that'd be great. The video I saw with it showed it at dusk and was hard to really see what it totally looked like so I may be wrong with my idea of it being the most classic Assassin color pattern.

UbiVolfbane
11-15-2013, 06:30 PM
The outfits are unlockable through community events which will probably span for a while. Although this is currently the only way to obtain them, there may be a possibility to obtain the content in the future as the method of unlocking theses are currently being investigated. Unfortunately, I don't have any further news for at this time. If you are still wondering, I'd suggest checking back once you purchase the game.

Kagurra
11-15-2013, 09:59 PM
I know the outfit you're thinking of Bob, although I don't think it's exactly white and red. I saw a bit of black in it when I saw the picture in the menu in one of the videos.

I love Edward's default robes, but I guess some people don't like the light blue. He still has the red sash thingy around his waist, and it's much larger than Connor's. Speaking of Connor, I actually didn't like the white and red outfit in AC3, the white was so bright it didn't look natural compared to the more dirty default robes. And from a contextual side it looked like he was fighting for the Redcoats.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-15-2013, 11:32 PM
The outfits are unlockable through community events which will probably span for a while. Although this is currently the only way to obtain them, there may be a possibility to obtain the content in the future as the method of unlocking theses are currently being investigated. Unfortunately, I don't have any further news for at this time. If you are still wondering, I'd suggest checking back once you purchase the game.

Okay, so it's just based on community challenges, not a specific challenge?

I know the outfit you're thinking of Bob, although I don't think it's exactly white and red. I saw a bit of black in it when I saw the picture in the menu in one of the videos.

I love Edward's default robes, but I guess some people don't like the light blue. He still has the red sash thingy around his waist, and it's much larger than Connor's. Speaking of Connor, I actually didn't like the white and red outfit in AC3, the white was so bright it didn't look natural compared to the more dirty default robes. And from a contextual side it looked like he was fighting for the Redcoats.

I know, the torso is very much dark because of all the leather. The arms have leather armor down the sides and there's like...a vest of armor or whatever on the torso that will make any lighter outfit still fairly dark. But the default outfit's bottom portion of the robes are mostly blue with a bit of white, the explorer outfit on the other hand is primarily white with a bit of red and thus looks more like a typical AC outfit. I don't dislike the look of his outfit, I just want the more traditional color pattern of white/red. The Explorer outfit also has some blue on it but it's not on the coattails or anything and is more minimal than the default I believe -- then again, I haven't seen a good screenshot of it and the image in the menu I've seen doesn't show a good enough look at it.

As for AC3, I thought the whites of the Jamestown and default were the same. Maybe not but meh, Ezio's robes in ACB were one of the brightest robes if not THE brightest robes in the series and those are my favorite. Contextually speaking, Connor still had a blue shirt under showing a slight favor to the Colonials but bear in mind he wasn't really fighting for either side so color matters little. Assassin's had white/red color scheme LONG before the British had redcoats in the AC universe... they've been wearing the colors since the Crusades.

And more over... if you think wearing white and red makes you look like you're fighting for the British then Altair wearing white and red made him look like he was fighting for the Knights Templar in the original game since the Templars wore white and red as well...

Kagurra
11-15-2013, 11:37 PM
Hopefully it's a good looking outfit. So far from what I've seen my favorite ones are his default, the all black one (which I normally stay away from in AC games), and that white and red one you're talking about.

phoenix-force411
11-15-2013, 11:38 PM
Really, I got it without realizing it.

Kagurra
11-15-2013, 11:41 PM
Really, I got it without realizing it.

You have the community challenge one? Pics?

phoenix-force411
11-16-2013, 12:14 AM
You have the community challenge one? Pics?
I don't pay attention to the community challenges unless it unlocks something I don't have yet. Since people are blaming the "Assassinate 20 people" to get it, I'm guessing that's the community challenge. I killed over the amount required, but that community challenge is over already. I got it last week, and the costume is pretty decent, not a whole lot changes though, and so, I prefer staying in default costume.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-16-2013, 12:36 AM
Hopefully it's a good looking outfit. So far from what I've seen my favorite ones are his default, the all black one (which I normally stay away from in AC games), and that white and red one you're talking about.

I don't like the all black one... I prefer the Pirate Captain outfit since it has more red and white and not JUST black. It looks like the Armor of Altair IMO.

I also like the various armors despite them having no hoods but I doubt I'll use those very often.

Zellzin
11-16-2013, 12:43 AM
I would love it if it didn't have some brown on it (not talking about the leather). It does most closely resemble tradition Assassin outfits which is why I use it.

I wish we could use the outfit the Assassin's in the game use

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-16-2013, 02:30 AM
I would love it if it didn't have some brown on it (not talking about the leather). It does most closely resemble tradition Assassin outfits which is why I use it.

I wish we could use the outfit the Assassin's in the game use

THERE R UDDER ASSASSINZ?! SPOILERZ!

haha anyway... I haven't seen what their outfit looks like at all so I've no idea if it looks more traditional or not. Like...even Aveline in AC3:Liberation had an outfit without the iconic hood and mostly brown coloring but you could still get a hooded and mostly white/red outfit to use for a more classic AC look. In ACR, same thing. In AC3, same thing. It's just odd to not include a classic AC outfit in some way. Hopefully the Explorer outfit is good enough to not be upsetting when I use it xD

I assume it will be but I'm dying for a screenshot or a video of it to be on youtube with it shown during daylight and not twilight where everything is darker.

E-Zekiel
11-16-2013, 03:41 AM
I have the explorer outfit and I wanted to say if you wanted a more traditional assassin color scheme but without defaulting to Connor, Ezio or Alta´r's robes, the explorer outfit is for you.

Basically it looks just like Edward's default robes, except the "black" portions are primarily white, and there is some black and red thrown in there as accents. But even just changing the black bits to white made a huge difference, and is currently my preferred outfit. I'll post some pics if you like, but I think you can probably google it? The pause menu doesn't really do it justice/give details on the differences but you can see it in the game when wearing it for sure.

Kagurra
11-16-2013, 04:37 AM
I have the explorer outfit and I wanted to say if you wanted a more traditional assassin color scheme but without defaulting to Connor, Ezio or Alta´r's robes, the explorer outfit is for you.

Basically it looks just like Edward's default robes, except the "black" portions are primarily white, and there is some black and red thrown in there as accents. But even just changing the black bits to white made a huge difference, and is currently my preferred outfit. I'll post some pics if you like, but I think you can probably google it? The pause menu doesn't really do it justice/give details on the differences but you can see it in the game when wearing it for sure.

I don't really think it's on the wiki or anything yet, so pics would be nice.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-16-2013, 04:53 AM

Yeah pics would be MARVELOUS. Preferably during when the sun is up in the game world. The only video I found on youtube for it showed it at dusk and google has no images of it at all. I've been b*tching and moaning since finding out about there being "no" outfit akin to previous AC robes without just using those previous robes themselves (which they're jacked up as well, except for Connor's) but now that I've seen that there IS one that's at least a little similar, I'd love to see some good pics haha

E-Zekiel
11-16-2013, 06:55 AM
Here you go, explorer outfit:
front-ish: http://i.imgur.com/waRwikL.jpg
side: http://i.imgur.com/1gyzaHL.jpg
back: http://i.imgur.com/eEKSvub.jpg

I wore the pirate cloak most of the game, till he started helping the assassins (in what, sequences 7 or 8?) then I put him in those "assassin" robes in the pics, the explorer outfit.

Kagurra
11-16-2013, 06:58 AM
Here you go, explorer outfit:
front-ish: http://i.imgur.com/waRwikL.jpg
side: http://i.imgur.com/1gyzaHL.jpg
back: http://i.imgur.com/eEKSvub.jpg

I wore the pirate cloak most of the game, till he started helping the assassins (in what, sequences 7 or 8?) then I put him in those "assassin" robes in the pics, the explorer outfit.

See, I think the default outfit is a lot better looking than that... but if somebody doesn't like the blue, that works. More brown than red though.

E-Zekiel
11-16-2013, 07:09 AM
I like explorer better because the black parts are white instead and the trim is black/red. Whereas default outfit, all it really has is a white hood and white trim on the tail.

If it looks brown, it's because of the time of day. I can assure you it's a scarlet shade, not a brown-red :p

edit: it distinctly looks as if it were made to look more traditionally assassin-y, and the leather/armor bits are on the standard outfit too - no change there.

Kagurra
11-16-2013, 07:44 AM
I like explorer better because the black parts are white instead and the trim is black/red. Whereas default outfit, all it really has is a white hood and white trim on the tail.

If it looks brown, it's because of the time of day. I can assure you it's a scarlet shade, not a brown-red :p

edit: it distinctly looks as if it were made to look more traditionally assassin-y, and the leather/armor bits are on the standard outfit too - no change there.

Ah, I see. Can't always tell with pictures. I guess we'll see when we get the game, as of yet the Xbox One people are the only general group who haven't played it yet.

E-Zekiel
11-16-2013, 08:04 AM
Oh, looking at the "back" picture I think I see what you mean. it's white, with the trip at the middle being black, borderlined by red. That whole dark spot isn't red, just the border - the dark spot is black, but looks brown due to crappy phone and time of day in the game. :p

Kagurra
11-16-2013, 08:10 AM
Oh, looking at the "back" picture I think I see what you mean. it's white, with the trip at the middle being black, borderlined by red. That whole dark spot isn't red, just the border - the dark spot is black, but looks brown due to crappy phone and time of day in the game. :p

So it's white and black with red accents.

TokeNUpZ
11-16-2013, 12:10 PM
I wanna see the Armor of altair from acII come back in ac4

TokeNUpZ
11-16-2013, 12:15 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110410042547/assassinscreed/images/7/7e/Armor_of_Alta%C3%AFr_v.png

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Yeah okay... much better than the default IMO. The default just has WAY too much blue/other colors. The outfit itself is pretty much blue with white sleeves, white highlights, and a white hood. Then you've got the leather vest and armory bits so there's even less visible white.

This one looks mostly like a white outfit with leather armor covering the white torso (at least at a glance it will seem that way), red trimming, a little black. Still not an ideal outfit but then again, I'm just super fond of the all white robes with red touches because, even though it makes no sense to hide in a crowd wearing the most bright white and red outfit... it's just cool. And it's one of the few "sacrifices" to reality I like to willingly make. To me...

Assassin's Creed is:
-Parkour
-White and red robes with a beak!
-Assassinations
-Assassins vs Templars

Like...this outfit already doesn't have a beak on the hood despite being practically a trademark at this point...I mean, Altair had his iconic hood, Ezio had a similar but more open and wider hood in AC2, in ACB, AND ACR, and even Connor had a beak -- in fact it was probably the largest beak of all the outfits. Even Achilles' hat had a beak and so did Aveline (she also could get a hood with a beak I believe) so it just seems strange for them to get rid of the beaked hood, get rid of the iconic all white outfit with a touch of red, etc. I'm happy the Explorer outfit exists at least as it is DEFINITELY the closest outfit and the one I'll be using. How fast are you able to unlock the outfit? Like I'll probably be buying AC4 sometime next year and I hope to get that outfit ASAP.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-16-2013, 05:34 PM
I wanna see the Armor of altair from acII come back in ac4

You know the Armor of Altair was in Brotherhood too right? I liked that outfit too. AC4 DOES have the pirate captain outfit though which is similar so I think that's as close as we'll get to Armor of Altair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYbcf__qTQM

It doesn't have any gold nor is there any Assassin symbol but Edward doesn't have the symbol on his belt anyway as far as I know. But there is black, white, and red and is closer to the outfit than most other "black" AC outfits in the past.

prince162010
11-17-2013, 02:02 AM
Hi guys

Here is the explorer outfit captured from the first Havana demo , it looks the most badass really like it ^^

http://imageshack.us/a/img5/6701/5jjo.jpg

Kagurra
11-17-2013, 02:09 AM
Hi guys

Here is the explorer outfit captured from the first Havana demo , it looks the most badass really like it ^^

It looks good, but I don't really get that tropical feel from it. Also, even though there's technically more white on the tails of the coat, it feels like a darker outfit because there's black instead of baby blue. Think I'll stick to the default outfit.

PandaPuff86
11-17-2013, 02:35 AM
Strange, I participated in a community event in SP for this outfit and got nothing. What gives?

andreG1ant
11-17-2013, 05:28 AM
Strange, I participated in a community event in SP for this outfit and got nothing. What gives?

Same here, why the hell haven't we got it yet?

prince162010
11-17-2013, 07:18 PM
even me can't unlock it .. umm if someone already unlocked it plz send me the save data .. i'm xbox 360 gamer

shobhit7777777
11-17-2013, 07:29 PM
I think the Governor's outfit (like the Merchant outfit) is the sleekest and most Assassiny of them all. Its a nice shade of blue with the cleanest lines ever. Love that outfit.

Black_Widow9
11-18-2013, 02:12 AM
We are working on this issue and we hope to have a solution soon. ;)

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-18-2013, 04:03 AM
I think the Governor's outfit (like the Merchant outfit) is the sleekest and most Assassiny of them all. Its a nice shade of blue with the cleanest lines ever. Love that outfit.

Honestly... I love those outfits, I only wish they were white. They have a primarily green with white and red accents version, blue with white and red accents, and red with white and red accents... if ONLY they had white with white and red accents, it would be perfect IMO

If that was the case, THAT would be my top pick most likely even if they had a variant of Edward's default that had the leather dyed white, was mostly white with some red and minimal browns BECAUSE it's sleek and seems like, if white, would be the closest thing to a Caribbean/1700's version of the robes worn by Altair and/or Ezio in Brotherhood. It looks like the assassins in the game's story wear something similar to the british coats but colored white but I haven't played the game and only briefly saw them so idk.

Hi guys

Oh you rock. That's a good still. I think this will be my preferred outfit. Obviously, I'm going to test it and see.

We are working on this issue and we hope to have a solution soon. ;)

Good to hear! Once the unlocking issue is resolved... how fast can one theoretically unlock it? Let's say I get the game in the middle of 2014 or something -- how fast can one complete the challenge to unlock the outfit and how does that all work?

hamNdoritos
11-18-2013, 05:10 AM
Good to hear! Once the unlocking issue is resolved... how fast can one theoretically unlock it? Let's say I get the game in the middle of 2014 or something -- how fast can one complete the challenge to unlock the outfit and how does that all work?

It depends. They do random challenges from time to time and the reward varies. It could be the explorer outfit or it could be perhaps some special sails for the Jackdaw. So far there hasn't been many challenges (only one that I participated so far which was suppose to unlock the explorer outfit). That challenge was to assassinate 20 guards per player for the community. I contributed to it but Ubisoft's bug didn't unlock the outfit for me. The challenge was like 2-3 days long and the challenge is gonna vary.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-18-2013, 09:19 AM
It depends. They do random challenges from time to time and the reward varies. It could be the explorer outfit or it could be perhaps some special sails for the Jackdaw. So far there hasn't been many challenges (only one that I participated so far which was suppose to unlock the explorer outfit). That challenge was to assassinate 20 guards per player for the community. I contributed to it but Ubisoft's bug didn't unlock the outfit for me. The challenge was like 2-3 days long and the challenge is gonna vary.

Oh...that's annoying. I just want to unlock it by doing something haha. Sigh.... -_- Oh well. Nothing I can do but wait til I get the game and hope the challenge to get the Explorer outfit is both resolved and back again.

MuddledMuppet2
11-18-2013, 06:39 PM
Hey guys here's a little clip of some gameplay with the explorer outfit.

I took off hud, used a few different attacks etc to hopefully give a full impression of what it's like 'in action'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYkRpXFSWZs

TheArcaneEagle
11-18-2013, 06:44 PM
Has anybody gotten the Persian Scimitars yet? They look awesome, similar to the one Edward is holding in his hand on the box art. I haven't managed to obtain them yet. Is it available when everybody completes a future community challenge like when everybody got the Explorer Outfit from killing 2000000 enemies?

ArabianFrost
11-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Wouldn't the optimal solution be that Ubisoft gives the Explorer outfit to everyone? Since the next-gen guys weren't on-board during the event, it would make sense to just give it to everyone and restart the challenges when the game hits all platforms.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-18-2013, 09:59 PM
Hey guys here's a little clip of some gameplay with the explorer outfit.

I took off hud, used a few different attacks etc to hopefully give a full impression of what it's like 'in action'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYkRpXFSWZs

Sweet! Thanks for the video! It looks pretty nice in action. The torso is, like I said, pretty dark but even despite that, it still has the most white it seems and the red looks good on it. I do wish on the coattails they had colored the black/dark bits all red instead of only trimmed with red but oh well!

This will be my preferred suit.

Wouldn't the optimal solution be that Ubisoft gives the Explorer outfit to everyone? Since the next-gen guys weren't on-board during the event, it would make sense to just give it to everyone and restart the challenges when the game hits all platforms.

Agreed. It's a little unfair to the people who are getting the game with their next gen console...the challenge was already over by the time PS4 was released, the Xbox One isn't even out yet, the PS4 wasn't even released in other countries yet... not to mention that there are a slew of people who never buy consoles day one and often wait a little bit before getting one. Sigh.

A simple update could unlock the outfit for everyone especially since there's been issues with it. I think Ubi may have done that in Blacklist to unlock Alpha Goggles and Alpha Boots or whatever because you needed the Spider-Bot app and to accumulate a bunch of points on there and then from the app, connect your account to uplay or something and then get the items... only, for a bunch of players...it never unlocked in their game meaning they wasted both time and spider-bot points for nothing. I could be wrong but it happened to me and then all of a sudden I had the items so idk, maybe they just fixed the issue.

dparra85
09-14-2016, 09:53 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the video! It looks pretty nice in action. The torso is, like I said, pretty dark but even despite that, it still has the most white it seems and the red looks good on it. I do wish on the coattails they had colored the black/dark bits all red instead of only trimmed with red but oh well!

This will be my preferred suit.

Agreed. It's a little unfair to the people who are getting the game with their next gen console...the challenge was already over by the time PS4 was released, the Xbox One isn't even out yet, the PS4 wasn't even released in other countries yet... not to mention that there are a slew of people who never buy consoles day one and often wait a little bit before getting one. Sigh.

A simple update could unlock the outfit for everyone especially since there's been issues with it. I think Ubi may have done that in Blacklist to unlock Alpha Goggles and Alpha Boots or whatever because you needed the Spider-Bot app and to accumulate a bunch of points on there and then from the app, connect your account to uplay or something and then get the items... only, for a bunch of players...it never unlocked in their game meaning they wasted both time and spider-bot points for nothing. I could be wrong but it happened to me and then all of a sudden I had the items so idk, maybe they just fixed the issue.

Yup. A simple update or opening the challenges again would make a LOT of people happy. I have all the games and this is the only one in which I am unable to get all swords/outfits