PDA

View Full Version : Ubi just release it on PC, pirates be everywhere

Adamed91
11-14-2013, 08:38 PM
^

helmert7
11-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Pirates sucks because they will ruin the Pc franchise.. Ubi doesnt want to make a game for a console, were they can get it for free.. so if you pirate just stop!! 60 euro's or Dollars isnt much. just buy it!! you get your game, pc will still get games and Ubi is happy.. it is a win-win situation!! Dont whine about the release they need to make the game support all of combinations of hardware. and thats pretty hard believe me..

guardian_titan
11-14-2013, 09:12 PM
I take it you aren't aware people pirate games on the consoles, too? If there's a will, there's a way. Just more people globally own a computer than do a console so people are more likely to notice PC pirating. It's also what lawmakers focus on despite pirating being everywhere. Guess people are more likely to pirate a movie or music on a computer than a console which is what lawmakers are trying to stop. People pirate on consoles, handhelds, phones, etc. Everything from movies, music, games, and books are pirated along with even more than that.

PC wasn't getting games because people believed it was dying in favor of consoles ... and then mobile gaming. Hardcore gamers were seen as being console only while casuals were mobile ... or on Facebook. PC gaming is making a comeback and since next gen consoles are basically PCs, more PC games will be coming in the future. PC games will also less likely be delayed after the console game is released as well. So piracy had nothing to do with that, either.

Pirating is a tricky subject ultimately. You'll always have those that support it and those that are against it. Look at the subject matter in AC4. Edward was a pirate. Was he right or wrong with what he did? He had a noble cause (to support his family) but at the expense of others. This still goes on today. I had a robber break into my home, steal a $100 diamond necklace my mother gave me for Christmas some years ago made from a pair of earrings she owned. My sister had gotten the other diamond so the two of us had a matching set. He has yet to be caught and it's been almost a year. I'm sure he was stealing to support himself but he still stole something valuable to me. Maybe $100 isn't much but the sentimental value of that necklace made it sting the most. He had good intentions but at my expense. Another example is speeding. How often do you drive down the road going the speed limit? I was on a 35 mpg street in a residential area earlier today. Guy passed me and must have been going 50 or 55. What if children had been out? Granted, it's a Thursday and they'd be in school, but still. There's always that chance something can go wrong. Guy was speeding didn't think he was doing harm but he was still breaking the law.

Ultimately, game distribution will be purely digital before long so enjoy the early leaked games while they last. Once they're restricted to digital services, the only way to get a game early will be if a site accidentally releases it early or someone hacks the server. Early releases will be a thing of the past before long.

strigoi1958
11-14-2013, 09:52 PM
open a fake mp site and use it to track their isp and get every single one of them... pc or console...

helmert7
11-14-2013, 10:44 PM
I take it you aren't aware people pirate games on the consoles, too?

Pirating is a tricky subject ultimately. You'll always have those that support it and those that are against it. Look at the subject matter in AC4. Edward was a pirate. Was he right or wrong with what he did? He had a noble cause (to support his family). My sister had gotten the other diamond so the two of us had a matching set. He has yet to be caught and it's been almost a year. I'm sure he was stealing to support himself but he still stole something valuable to me. Maybe $100 isn't much but the sentimental value of that necklace made it sting the most. He had good intentions but at my expense. Another example is speeding. How often do you drive down the road going the speed limit? I was on a 35 mpg street in a residential area earlier today. Guy passed me and must have been going 50 or 55. What if children had been out? Granted, it's a Thursday and they'd be in school, but still. There's always that chance something can go wrong. Guy was speeding didn't think he was doing harm but he was still breaking the law.
becauce pc piracy is more noticeable, it will get consequences sooner. and FWY evryone who really steals some stuff.. take a damn job.

Bahjabroni
11-14-2013, 10:55 PM
open a fake mp site and use it to track their isp and get every single one of them... pc or console...

Easier said than done. On the flipside, do you want Ubisoft taking resources and manpower away from ensuring the game is running optimally for those of us who have acquired the game legally, or using the manpower to catch the pirates? Theres also outside firms that can do this, but they are very expensive.

The best way to combat this is to bump the digital release up so they don't lose customers that may be on the fence about the game or those who may have acquired the game legally but are impatient and help keep the illegal files alive.

EvilPixieGrrr
11-14-2013, 11:35 PM
I have to lock up this thread. Piracy shouldn't be discussed on the forum, even if it's not favorable.

Thanks.