PDA

View Full Version : This is just me, but I want another AC Game with Altair

bbar123
11-14-2013, 01:56 AM
Idk. Altair was my personal favorite assassin. maybe a new story with him from when he younger but with the controls of the newer games and more stealth aspects. The setting for the first game was really cool and the whole secretive assassin order vibe was just there for me. Just a thought from me.

GreatBeyonder
11-14-2013, 02:05 AM
I thought there was a lot of untapped potential here, too. What's it like to grow up in war zone? How did Altair become a Master Assassin? I'd lovre to explore the Second Crusade, if possible, especially the Siege of Jerusalem and the rise of the Knights Templar.

Rugterwyper32
11-14-2013, 02:06 AM
There was a DS/iOS/Android game prior to the events of AC3, and it used the same 3 cities as AC1 plus Tyre and Alep. Obviously, being a portable/mobile game, it plays really differently from other games of the series, but admittedly, I'd be interested in seeing what they could do by remaking that game in such a way that it's fitting for consoles. That could be fun.

GreatBeyonder
11-14-2013, 02:11 AM
There was a DS/iOS/Android game prior to the events of AC3, and it used the same 3 cities as AC1 plus Tyre and Alep. Obviously, being a portable/mobile game, it plays really differently from other games of the series, but admittedly, I'd be interested in seeing what they could do by remaking that game in such a way that it's fitting for consoles. That could be fun.

Unfortunately, that game wasn't very good, had very little historical connection, and the storyline was practically nonexistent... I'd rather it was scrapped and remade or imiagined altogether...

Megas_Doux
11-14-2013, 02:15 AM
┤Let┤s see......

AC I setting, freedom in terms of assassinations, but with more variety of missions + AC II Platforming levels, weapons, dyes and so on + AC III Weather, Day/night Mechanics, tree running and rock climbing+ AC IV overall rich environment will tons of side content, improved stealth......

=

THE BEST ASSASSINS CREED POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine the kingdom full with content just like AC4┤s caribbean, Damascus at sunset, Altair infiltrating the crusade castle of Krak des Chevaliers, or the Ruins of Petra like in the early concept art......

I have an orgasm just imagining that possibility.

TheDanteEX
11-14-2013, 02:25 AM
To be completely honest, I think AC4 had better assassinations than AC1. In AC1 you had to stand in a specific area so the memory begins, meaning you couldn't choose your approach until after the cutscene, which did open the whole area after, but with AC4 there's never really any pausing between locating your target and assassinating them. From a story standpoint, it may be more interesting to watch your target before striking, but I don't see why that can't be left up to the player.

Megas_Doux
11-14-2013, 02:31 AM
Though I have not played AC4, I am hearing TONS of great feedback about its assassinations and rich side content, NICE!
And the thing is that The Crusades are my favorite setting so far, Mixing the two of those makes shed mainly tears haha.

TheDanteEX
11-14-2013, 02:41 AM
Medieval times and Assassin's Creed do mix really well, however, if they went back now, the new combat system is not fit for medieval sword play. AC1 had the combat down nearly perfect for the setting. I felt like Altair's sword was actually bouncing off the blade of an enemy. I doubt they'd ever go back to it, but I'd love to see the original combat system improved with shielded enemies. Sort of weird seeing so many soldiers without shields, especially at Arsuf.

I am not asking for another game with Altair or a remake.

Kagurra
11-14-2013, 02:59 AM
I wouldn't be upset in the slightest and would definitely buy it. They'd have to actually make his robes look good on the new engine though... It's ugly as hell on the new engine. Probably just because they were super lazy with the design.

MnemonicSyntax
11-14-2013, 03:38 AM
I wish they'd remake previous ACs with this new control scheme. I love it.

Landruner
11-14-2013, 09:21 AM
Medieval times and Assassin's Creed do mix really well, however, if they went back now, the new combat system is not fit for medieval sword play. AC1 had the combat down nearly perfect for the setting. I felt like Altair's sword was actually bouncing off the blade of an enemy. I doubt they'd ever go back to it, but I'd love to see the original combat system improved with shielded enemies. Sort of weird seeing so many soldiers without shields, especially at Arsuf.

I am not asking for another game with Altair or a remake.

Look I do not want to appear as the guy who knows better you do, but what you wrote about the new combat is very limited because you just not further to the border of what the games have done so far - If they do a remake the will have to change the new combat system anyway, because the new combat system of the recent entries has to be improved as well. It is totally possible to remake that game, in a new combat system as well. With a bit of imagination (and time) they can provide a descent gameplay for the combat system.

deadlyh1tAC
11-14-2013, 09:30 AM
this is impossible now! we saw everything about altair's life and even his death. so even if they make assassin's creed with altair will be prequel and to be honest i am not interested at all playing prequel!

Landruner
11-14-2013, 09:31 AM
I wish they could remake AC1's game like it was intended by Patrice in 2006 before they turned his game into a mountain of hype.

SixKeys
11-14-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm tired of going back to the same assassins. They would just pick another voice actor for Alta´r and make him look and play completely differently like they did in Revelations, so it woudn't feel like playing with him anyway. I don't want them to remake AC1 with superfluous content or updated graphics either.

silvermercy
11-14-2013, 12:58 PM
this is impossible now! we saw everything about altair's life and even his death. so even if they make assassin's creed with altair will be prequel and to be honest i am not interested at all playing prequel!
Yes, I feel the same. I think Altair's life has been covered quite extensively both within games and other media, it would seem extremely excessive at this point to have anything related to Altair, especially a game prequel... Personally, prequels rarely interest me anyway...

ACLexter
11-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Altair is my favorite Assassin too.
but to be honest, I want an AC game where you can use or All the previous assassins are playable.

roostersrule2
11-14-2013, 01:33 PM
Nope. New AC protag next year, let's not get this series bogged down any more.

dxsxhxcx
11-14-2013, 02:14 PM
I'm tired of going back to the same assassins. They would just pick another voice actor for Alta´r and make him look and play completely differently like they did in Revelations, so it woudn't feel like playing with him anyway. I don't want them to remake AC1 with superfluous content or updated graphics either.

Amen!

AdamPearce
11-14-2013, 02:28 PM
They had their chance with Revelations, but they screwed it up. :p It's sad, because it's a stupid mistake.

Anyway, no Medieval setting for me, I'd prefer something we haven't seen yet, maybe Antiquity? It's like Medieval actually, but in way way way way way better.

ACLexter
11-14-2013, 04:13 PM
They had their chance with Revelations, but they screwed it up. :p It's sad, because it's a stupid mistake.

Anyway, no Medieval setting for me, I'd prefer something we haven't seen yet, maybe Antiquity? It's like Medieval actually, but in way way way way way better.

What's wrong with revelations? I don't find any stupid mistake about it. appearance of Altair is not actually bad and it connects the game..

If new Assassin next year, then so be it, still a better new title for me. as long as that new protag is way better and cooler than the previous assassins and his/her history make sense with the previous assassin.

TheDanteEX
11-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Look I do not want to appear as the guy who knows better you do, but what you wrote about the new combat is very limited because you just not further to the border of what the games have done so far

Don't worry about giving a wrong tone; discussions shouldn't always be two people agreeing on everything. But what I was saying on the current combat system is that it doesn't fit with how swordplay was at the time. With the current combat system, every successful hit is a flesh hit and is based off of connecting hit after hit until the combo finishes in a flashy way. Realistically, swordplay was a lot slower and people wouldn't attack continuously to let their guard down (which is why tougher enemies could counter you in AC1). They would sporadically take swings, keep their guard up, and wait for openings and look for weakpoints if the other has armor. I think AC2 had a nice approach with successful hits still being guarded by enemies, so they are taking damage but aren't taking full-on flesh hits because that would be fatal realistically. Now, I'm not saying that AC has to be realistic; not at all. I just feel the more accurate the historical combat is, the more immersive and authentic the game will feel.

So AC1's combat is more grounded while AC3's is more loose with its rolling and picking up enemies and your unarmed character having the same advantage as an enemy with a weapon. AC3's isn't worse than AC1's, it fits with the games, but it wouldn't be appropriate in a medieval game.

DropTopDoubleR
11-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Actually real Assassins existed during Crusade. They existed till like 14th century. Masyaf existed, they Assassinated big politicans and generals and sometimes they just sent a dagger with a death threat at victims bed. They were fearsome but they almost never attacked civilians. Positive secret society. Until fkinMongols destroyed the Masyaf and all books about them in their library they burned. Thats why we know so little about them.

Landruner
11-14-2013, 09:11 PM
Actually real Assassins existed during Crusade. They existed till like 14th century. Masyaf existed, they Assassinated big politicans and generals and sometimes they just sent a dagger with a death threat at victims bed. They were fearsome but they almost never attacked civilians. Positive secret society. Until fkinMongols destroyed the Masyaf and all books about them in their library they burned. Thats why we know so little about them.

Yes, even most of the targets did really exist.... (One my ancestor on my father side is among the Templar 's targets....) that Altair has to assassinate... should I sue Ubisoft?

xx-pyro
11-14-2013, 09:35 PM

Except the Assassin's that you're referring to were constantly high and brainwashed by their superiors. I suppose that's not too different from the Masyaf we see in AC1 though.

Landruner
11-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Don't worry about giving a wrong tone; discussions shouldn't always be two people agreeing on everything. But what I was saying on the current combat system is that it doesn't fit with how swordplay was at the time. With the current combat system, every successful hit is a flesh hit and is based off of connecting hit after hit until the combo finishes in a flashy way. Realistically, swordplay was a lot slower and people wouldn't attack continuously to let their guard down (which is why tougher enemies could counter you in AC1). They would sporadically take swings, keep their guard up, and wait for openings and look for weakpoints if the other has armor. I think AC2 had a nice approach with successful hits still being guarded by enemies, so they are taking damage but aren't taking full-on flesh hits because that would be fatal realistically. Now, I'm not saying that AC has to be realistic; not at all. I just feel the more accurate the historical combat is, the more immersive and authentic the game will feel.

So AC1's combat is more grounded while AC3's is more loose with its rolling and picking up enemies and your unarmed character having the same advantage as an enemy with a weapon. AC3's isn't worse than AC1's, it fits with the games, but it wouldn't be appropriate in a medieval game.

I follow you, yes I see now what you meant, and you are right about the medieval style -

What I wanted to emphasis is that In general sword fighting (or close combat) are really hard to implant in a 3D system especially when you have several opponents to fight at the same time because in real live you just can't, but in video game it is possible
( In real live you spend focusing on fighting a dude that you don't know what he is up to, and his friends around just get you down).

AC Franchise did a great job so far comparing to some other games, it is just that effectively, the guys around more and less wait that you finish off their friend before engaging - (In short the wait their turn) in AC3 they are some variants, but it is still the same and it becomes easy to know their routine in combat (also when you know their archetype, agile and brutes type used since AC2) and you just deal with their habit and routine paths, and you can slam 20 of these in a rows...That is fun, but it starts becoming a bit repetitive and boring after a while. Also combat is still based on the counter kill streak, while make it even easier. (I went up to 150 kills like that in AC3 before I decided to give up)

On the other hand, if player did not know how to define those archetype in advance, combat will already be a bit different since they could be unpredictable and get you without you to know in advance how to deal with them. Some foes can be more resistant they the way they look, better armors and a specific style of fighting that player in not familiar with....

Second the foes are smarter and try to work together to get you down, and you have a very short time to react when they do that, and it makes the things a bit more challenging for the player.

Third, if the player can use strategic impact point, for instance, if someone is attacking player counter uses a counter streak that wound the foe but not kill him if the foe is wounded at the shoulder but if player can manage a lethal streak, well the foe is dead for good.

Already just changing those 3 things combat system is improved, after they can come with a system that allow you to use environment to your advantage, etcetera....

After they set that philosophy of the new combat system with the time period in considering the weapons and armors....

adventurewomen
11-14-2013, 09:57 PM
I feel like we have seen enough of Altair, but yet on the other hand there was at least some questions left out from his life thats the feeling I got by the end of AC1 & Revelations.. I guess we'll never know but overall I feel that Altair's life is pretty much covered now.

Yes, I feel the same. I think Altair's life has been covered quite extensively both within games and other media, it would seem extremely excessive at this point to have anything related to Altair, especially a game prequel... Personally, prequels rarely interest me anyway...
Agreed with both of these posts. :)

Landruner
11-14-2013, 10:11 PM
I feel like we have seen enough of Altair, but yet on the other hand there was at least some questions left out from his life thats the feeling I got by the end of AC1 & Revelations.. I guess we'll never know but overall I feel that Altair's life is pretty much covered now.

Agreed with both of these posts. :)

Okay, what about Connor that found a Templar "time machine" and go back in time into the crusade, to teach Altair how to becoming an Assassin when he was a kid?:p

dxsxhxcx
11-14-2013, 10:55 PM
Okay, what about Connor that found a Templar "time machine" and go back in time into the crusade, to teach Altair how to becoming an Assassin when he was a kid?:p

I believe it would be the other way around... hehehe... :p

Landruner
11-14-2013, 11:26 PM
I believe it would be the other way around... hehehe... :p

I know, but they were not "time machine" in the 12th century crusade yet,
In fact, Leonardo made the blue print of one, and Ezio stole it from the Borgias, and Connor fount it by mistake in frontier because Hitler was a Templar and used the blue prints for building his time machine called the "Bell", he then sent spies in the colonies in the 17th century in order to find Thor's Hammer from a pre-Colombia Viking site, and they failed because the Natives kicked their butts. (That will part of be AC7, I think)?
So, consequently, Connor found it..., and he got the job to go back to teach Altair how to become an Assassin like that he could be become a better assassin himself centuries later, and go fighting against Napoleon Bonaparte (AC3 Part 2 or 3?) in order prevent Hitler to take inspiration from him, and could later with some twists saves Desmond in some DLCs. :p LOL

SixKeys
11-15-2013, 01:15 AM
I know, but they were not "time machine" in the 12th century crusade yet,
In fact, Leonardo made the blue print of one, and Ezio stole it from the Borgias, and Connor fount it by mistake in frontier because Hitler was a Templar and used the blue prints for building his time machine called the "Bell", he then sent spies in the colonies in the 17th century in order to find Thor's Hammer from a pre-Colombia Viking site, and they failed because the Natives kicked their butts. (That will part of be AC7, I think)?
So, consequently, Connor found it..., and he got the job to go back to teach Altair how to become an Assassin like that he could be become a better assassin himself centuries later, and go fighting against Napoleon Bonaparte (AC3 Part 2 or 3?) in order prevent Hitler to take inspiration from him, and could later with some twists saves Desmond in some DLCs. :p LOL

http://www.kianleong.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/f8446_a_jackie-chan-meme.jpg

Landruner
11-15-2013, 01:30 AM
http://www.kianleong.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/f8446_a_jackie-chan-meme.jpg

Ah good catch SixKeys, Jacky Chan will be perfect for playing Altair....
LOL!!!!

pirate1802
11-15-2013, 12:28 PM

B..b...but... his Mongolian journey! D: Neither the books nor the games delve in any detail about them. I'd be extremely interested in an Altair game just in that time peiod and place.

dxsxhxcx
11-15-2013, 12:49 PM
B..b...but... his Mongolian journey! D: Neither the books nor the games delve in any detail about them. I'd be extremely interested in an Altair game just in that time peiod and place.

Altair didn't do much there though, Darim was the one who finished Genghis Khan with the help of Qulan Gal...

a game with Darius would be interesting as well, it would be cool to go back in time and use only one hidden blade instead of two, since it seems the hidden blade was used for the first time on his most notorious assassination, IMO a game with him should start from there (with Xerxes I being the first target) in order to make the hidden blade available through the entire the game...

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Darius

roostersrule2
11-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Altair didn't do much there though, Darim was the one who finished Genghis Khan with the help of Qulan GalAnd Qui Gonn Jin and Rah's Al Ghul, who are both Liam Neeson.

PedroAntonio2
11-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Another Alta´r or Ezio game ? There is nothing to be explored anymore on their lifes. We saw everything in ACI, ACII, ACB and in ACR and there are the books too who tells a lot. I would love if Ubisoft make a ''Assassin's Creed I & II AnvilNext version'', with ACI and Ezio's Trilogy updated to AnvilNext, with the same controls and graphics from ACIV.

FrankieSatt
11-15-2013, 06:40 PM
I would love to see Altair in a new game with the up to date skill sets for the current Assassin's. I don't see it happening, but it would be a great game and I would buy it.

luckyto
11-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Just do an Anniversary Edition in 2017 of AC1. With updated mechanics and graphics and the works. I'd buy it.

Landruner
11-15-2013, 06:52 PM
I would love to see Altair in a new game with the up to date skill sets for the current Assassin's. I don't see it happening, but it would be a great game and I would buy it.

They will probably do a 10th years anniversary edition in 2017, or something - they are too many people that like you will buy it anyway, they know it, and they will...trust me.

JRD963
11-17-2013, 01:57 AM
What about Connor? Juno said that he had made a difference and he would do so again. I would like to see Connor have a new game.

bbar123
11-21-2013, 04:48 AM
I really like the way u think