PDA

View Full Version : Survive 10 Shark Attacks Explorer Abstergo Challenge

Andrew B Taylor
11-14-2013, 01:24 AM
What exactly does it mean by 'shark attacks?'

Does it mean a shark (like a Hammerhead or Bull Shark) attacking my rowboat when I'm harpooning? Or does it mean a shark attacking me underwater? Or what? Because I have been chomped on and smashed by sharks again and again and I've yet to get any credit.

Do I have to jump off the Jackdaw and swim in shark-infested waters or something? I just don't get it.

hoju74
11-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Pretty sure it refers to surviving a shark attack while exploring the underwater shipwrecks. I don't remember getting credit for surviving the great white sharks attacking my rowboat.

BMoattari
11-14-2013, 07:10 PM
What exactly does it mean by 'shark attacks?'

Does it mean a shark (like a Hammerhead or Bull Shark) attacking my rowboat when I'm harpooning? Or does it mean a shark attacking me underwater? Or what? Because I have been chomped on and smashed by sharks again and again and I've yet to get any credit.

Do I have to jump off the Jackdaw and swim in shark-infested waters or something? I just don't get it.

Hey Andrew,

hoju74's right about this one: you need to survive shark attacks underwater. It counts as a survival if you're attacked by the shark, then manage to hide out in the seaweed until they pass by. Though I'm not sure if the game only counts one of these encounters as a survival per dive, you'll need to experiment by making yourself sharkbait in order to lure out the sharks - but make absolutely sure you have an escape plan in mind before doing so!

Good Luck!

Kirokill
11-14-2013, 08:16 PM
I think you have to win the button smashing sequence where you have to press a button repeatedly while a shark trying to eat you underwater and not just bite you once.

BMoattari
11-15-2013, 01:24 PM
I think you have to win the button smashing sequence where you have to press a button repeatedly while a shark trying to eat you underwater and not just bite you once.

That's the one.

SenseHomunculus
11-15-2013, 07:40 PM

When diving on the wrecks, I don't think there is a prompt for mashing buttons during a shark (or eel) attack, like there is with the land animals (jaguars, bears, etc). You just have to swim away when the attack is done.

Thrawn526
11-21-2013, 07:18 PM
There is a button mashing event sometimes when a shark attacks you, press the buttons shown and you will fight off the shark and it will leave you alone for a couple seconds. It doesn't happen all of the time, and seems to happen more often the lower your health is.

Softee
12-11-2013, 05:16 PM
There is a button mashing event sometimes when a shark attacks you, press the buttons shown and you will fight off the shark and it will leave you alone for a couple seconds. It doesn't happen all of the time, and seems to happen more often the lower your health is.

You pretty much have to face a shark as it attacks you. It doesn't always work and it does register multiple times in one dive. It's easiest to just stay near the diving bell, venture to the closest shark, wait and float there until it attacks you. When your air/health get low just swim back to the bell and get your health/air back and start all over.

drkwatch
06-08-2018, 01:55 PM
let a shark bite you then follow same shark second tme he will do the button mash rinse repeat