PDA

View Full Version : Concerning Edwards Hood Restrictions...

TheArcaneEagle
11-13-2013, 07:25 PM
I was annoyed when Connors hood was removed at the end of AC3 as were most people. But now in Black Flag I can't help but notice the fact that Edwards hood is down 75% of the time. Even at sea, where the gameplay is heavily involved, his hood is always down. Even in restricted areas and boardings.

It would only make sense that if Edward was in a restricted area, he would pull his hood down to avoid attention. Especially in boardings. The last thing you want to do during a boarding of 20 enemies would be to keep your hood down so your enemy know who you are.

Its like Déjà vu from last year when I mentioned that the hood of an assassin is iconic and therefore an assassin should have his hood up the majority of the time.

Anyone else feel the same way as I do?

Kulgrim
11-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Nope, since Edward is not an assassin at least not up to where I am in the game, even after meeting them. He is a pirate, and as such he seeks fame, hard to garner fame and infamy if your face is hidden.

TheArcaneEagle
11-13-2013, 08:11 PM
That seems to make sense, but I still disagree, especially towards the end of the game where he becomes a true assassin.

phoenix-force411
11-13-2013, 08:29 PM
I never really called Edward an Assassin, specifically. He was always very charismatic and did what he wanted....

xx-pyro
11-13-2013, 10:18 PM
He never became an Assassin during the game.

Can't agree with you OP sorry, his hood in restricted zones is fine. It makes no sense for a pirate to wear a hood in the boiling hot Caribbean unless he's infiltrating a location or trying to remain hidden. Wearing it while boarding ships doesn't really serve him any purpose, besides taking out his peripheral vision.

SamBushen24
11-13-2013, 10:35 PM
Can't agree with you OP sorry, his hood in restricted zones is fine. It makes no sense for a pirate to wear a hood in the boiling hot Caribbean unless he's infiltrating a location or trying to remain hidden. Wearing it while boarding ships doesn't really serve him any purpose, besides taking out his peripheral vision.

Hahahahaha you could make that peripheral vision comment for any the assassins creed games. Silly comment there.

xx-pyro
11-13-2013, 10:41 PM
Hahahahaha you could make that peripheral vision comment for any the assassins creed games. Silly comment there.

Yeah I know I added that in for jokes. The rest of my statement holds, it just doesn't make sense for it to be on most of the time.

Kagurra
11-13-2013, 11:14 PM
I don't care why he puts it up or down, I just want it up.

Is it so hard to add in an option in the menu? Up, down, dynamic. All you need. For the people that care about stuff that's been previously posted, keep it down or dynamic, for others up. This would solve this dilemma for good.

RzaRecta357
11-13-2013, 11:53 PM

Is it so hard to add in an option in the menu? Up, down, dynamic. All you need. For the people that care about stuff that's been previously posted, keep it down or dynamic, for others up. This would solve this dilemma for good.

This is the perfect solution.

Landruner
11-13-2013, 11:58 PM
It that one more thread about the hood (ON/OFF)? HUM! That hood thing is definitely a popular request from a lot of users....

RzaRecta357
11-14-2013, 12:02 AM
It that one more thread about the hood (ON/OFF)? HUM! That hood thing is definitely a popular request from a lot of users....

It's iconic to some of us. I've been playing them straight from AC 1 Day 1... They changed his face.. They changed his lip.. They murdered him. They took the eagle hood. Now we can't even rock the hood all the time.

I'm being overly dramatic on purpose but you get where I'm coming from.

Also, they just shaved his shoulders but the walk is still there :P.

Landruner
11-14-2013, 12:04 AM

Agree with you, I did not really care about the hood at all, but I see by the numerous "hood threads" posted that it means a lot for more people - that option should be considered and let optional for the player that want to use it. Does not affect the interface and it can easily added via an update.

Kagurra
11-14-2013, 12:05 AM
It's iconic to some of us. I've been playing them straight from AC 1 Day 1... They changed his face.. They changed his lip.. They murdered him. They took the eagle hood. Now we can't even rock the hood all the time.

I'm being overly dramatic on purpose but you get where I'm coming from.

Also, they just shaved his shoulders but the walk is still there :P.

I actually love Edward's hood in AC4, it's my favorite. So I obviously like the non-peaked, non-eagle hood. But it's not just that I like so much... I dunno, it's just the best hood we've seen so far IMO.

Kagurra
11-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Agree with you, I did not really care about the hood at all, but I see by the numerous "hood threads" posted that it means a lot for more people - that option should be considered and let optional for the player that want to use it. Does not affect the interface and it can easily added via an update.

Yup, this. I would be so happy if this happened.

Kirokill
11-14-2013, 01:00 AM
I actually love Edward's hood in AC4, it's my favorite. So I obviously like the non-peaked, non-eagle hood. But it's not just that I like so much... I dunno, it's just the best hood we've seen so far IMO.

Am fine with him without the hood rather than that one it just looks too tight on him for me. Also Connors outfit is extra muscles to Edward.

Sturnz0r
11-14-2013, 01:52 AM
Concerning Edwards Hood Restrictions; He is not restricted; he does what he wants...

game would desynch you if you tried to touch his hood, anyway

Kagurra
11-14-2013, 02:00 AM
Concerning Edwards Hood Restrictions; He is not restricted; he does what he wants...

game would desynch you if you tried to touch his hood, anyway

Not funny.

CrazyAndy666
11-14-2013, 02:12 AM
At first, I did notice the hood being down and was not so pleasantly pleased ( which is good since Im swearing my way through all of this). What really bugs me is that hes got no sense of style whatsoever, at least some sort of braids, threads or whatever. Not some pony tail I use on my pyjama days. Just doesnt look great with the hood down.

PS. Is there a barber idk about?

Kagurra
11-14-2013, 02:12 AM
At first, I did noticed the hodd being down and was not so pleasantly pleased ( which is good since Im swearing my way through all of this). What really bugs me is that hes got no sense of style whatsoever, at least some sort of braids, threads or whatever. Not some pony tail I use on my pyjama days. Just doesnt look great with the hood down.

PS. Is there a barber idk about?

I like his hair. Fits him perfectly.

CrazyAndy666
11-14-2013, 02:16 AM
true, like he ever took care to get a brush :P

Malevolence97
11-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Oh, please Ubisoft... add this feature. Just found out you cant put the hood on and Im... sad. :*(

I hope they can add this to game like some sort of animus hack or something... I need my assassins hood. *PANIC ATTACK*

And don't do that black and white color filter when he goes hiding anymore... I know Im hidden and I was happy when AC3 got rid of it... but now the dreaded thing is back... Oh! Sorrowful day indeed!

Perhaps that could be toggled in hud options? I find it very immersion breaking...

This games so good tho... Need my Assassins Hood

JamJar502
11-24-2013, 10:06 PM
It doesn't bother me that much, I think it looks pretty cool when Edward puts the hood on.

Pandassin
11-25-2013, 07:10 PM
I think I'm one of the few people who prefers Edward with his hood down. Although I do like his hood, it's the coolest one in my opinion, but I think he looks better with it down. I mean, come on, his hair is awesome. However I do think there should be something for the people who don't like the contextual way.

SamBushen24
11-25-2013, 10:17 PM
I've said it since AC1, let me have the option, for me it increases immersion immensely.

SnazzyGent
11-26-2013, 02:38 AM
Hood down when he wants to be seen, hood up when he wants to be anonymous. Seems pretty clear cut to me.

KingKCP415
11-26-2013, 02:50 AM
If you really want the hood on all the time, you can equip Connor's Outfit. It never goes down even in the cut scenes. Ezio and Altair's outfit seem out of place but Connor's clothing seem to fit. It just makes him look more mysterious wearing it. A blue coat plundering ships all around the Caribbean. That be some story sailors would love to tell.

Also, when he is boarding ships, he does seem to kill everything in site. Wouldn't you be scared if you saw the face of the Captain that just boarded your ship. Blackbeard and Calico Jack didn't care. Im pretty sure Edward wouldn't either. He just puts it on when he is on land doing assassinations and stuff trying to hide from the law.

ExtremeOutsider
11-26-2013, 03:42 PM
yeah equip Connor 's outfit but to sit there and demand a change which will impact us all is wrong. why should we whop like his hood down be forced to deal with crap we do not want . When the game offers options for players who hate his hood being down .

Sigv4rd
11-26-2013, 05:25 PM
It would be nice if he could put it on in the rain -_-

Jexx21
11-26-2013, 06:05 PM
i think edward should tear his hood off and feed it to my neighbor's cat

wait. ****. my dad ran over him.

projectpat06
11-27-2013, 01:19 AM
I like the fact that edward has his hood down while steering the boat and puts it up in restricted areas. My only gripe is I wish he would put it up when I dive off the ship to go take out the sailors by surprise without the entire crew boarding. Similar to how Duncan does in the opening scene with his hood on. As soon as he gets back to the ship he puts it back on

ExtremeOutsider
11-27-2013, 04:24 AM
you have a option its called Connor's outfit . you have oprtions maybe you should think about actually using them