PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer needs gta Online inspiration.

V-FOR-VITIELLO
11-13-2013, 07:00 PM
Black Flag has this huge open world with so much potential for the multiplayer. But Ubisoft insist of giving us a complete different expierence in mp, they need to take notes from rockstar. Please stop messing with the game mechanics in multiplayer, I want the same physics I get in the campaign. I want to create and edit my own assassin or templar; select the robes, color, armor, hood, weapon placement, etc. We need crews and factions like in gta, build and customize our own ship, and free roam. This is why I redbox assassins creed every year, no replay value. If you create a multiplayer expeirence similiar to the story, more people will buy it.

Zellzin
11-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Amen brother. With the yearly release I feel like they just don't have the time to implement such things :(

MnemonicSyntax
11-14-2013, 04:01 AM
You must have not played AC IV multiplayer then. Because it's highly customizable.

Kagurra
11-14-2013, 04:35 AM
GTA Online was a POS and I don't like it.

AC needs no multiplayer. What they have is average at best. No multiplayer = more money to put into the real part of the game and make it even better.

xx-pyro
11-14-2013, 04:43 AM
Assassin's Creed not being replayable, can I hire you to be my court jester?

AC1, Brotherhood, Revelations, and AC4 beg to differ.

BATISTABUS
11-14-2013, 07:58 AM
(Open world) ship battles = biggest missed opportunity on Black Flag. For the multiplayer, they should've just added new skins and packaged in the AC3 multiplayer like they did with Halo ODST.

roostersrule2
11-14-2013, 10:06 AM
GTA: Online is awesome, my favourite online eva

AC should take the open world online route also. Games like RDR and GTA V have flourished from it.

Dragula
11-14-2013, 12:38 PM
(Open world) ship battles = biggest missed opportunity on Black Flag. .

in loads of interviews before the game even come out they said they tried really hard to get ship battles into multiplayer but it just wasnt possible ..... if the next game includes ships then i imagine that will be on there for the next gen versions anyway

zkorejo
11-14-2013, 04:27 PM
I was thinking the same a few days ago. It would be cool to have such a big map for open world online.. imagine the naval wars between players. With every player starting his own crew out in the seas killing other crews and NPC ships to rob the ships and fight among themselves for valuable treasures. This idea of pirates could be a Online game of its own if done correctly. You dont even need the Assassins vs Templars theme in it, Pirate theme alone is good enough.

Current gen cant handle it, but if they go with a Black Flag sequel... they need to implement this in next gen.

TheDanteEX
11-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Ashraf said that if people really demanded they wanted naval multiplayer they may give it a another shot. I'm sure that was his way of saying if a large amount of the community bugged Ubisoft about it, they'd probably add it to their list of future inclusions. The ship has sailed (pun intended) for Black Flag of course and likely next year's game, but if it was seen as a big priority, Ubi would be inclined to want to add it. It's not impossible, it's just a ton of work that couldn't be done in time.

That's what I got out of it, at least.

BATISTABUS
11-14-2013, 07:36 PM
in loads of interviews before the game even come out they said they tried really hard to get ship battles into multiplayer but it just wasnt possible ..... if the next game includes ships then i imagine that will be on there for the next gen versions anyway
If they had just scrapped the regular multiplayer and put all their resources into naval multiplayer, I'm sure they would've been able to make that happen. It wasn't possible with the resources they were willing to put towards it. It would've been a pretty big risk, but I would've preferred that personally.

Danerius xDAx
11-14-2013, 11:35 PM
I wouldn't scrap the multiplayer but adopt them as side lobbies. If they did the same thing with Multiplayer as Rockstar did for Red Dead Redemption it would be an epic game. I think that I wouldn't be able to stop playing haha.

xUBISUCKSx2013
11-15-2013, 12:43 AM
totally agree I hate arena MP games, just running around a small game room killing other players. I love to go online playing Red Dead Redemption by Rockstar . RDM is the best MP game out there . so so so much potential for a open world MP. and for the people that love the arenas they also have those so there's no reason not to have a open world. (I do somewhat understand with AC4 but theres no excuse for the other ACs