PDA

View Full Version : ASSASSIN’S CREED® IV BLACK FLAG™ Free Companion App Now on iOS And Google Play

Mr_Shade
11-12-2013, 07:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ggrvrTPPuU

London, UK – 12 November 2013 — Today, Ubisoft® announced that the Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™ Companion App is now available for free from the App Store℠ for the iPad®, and all tablets connecting to Google Play.

Elevate your Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag experience with this unique companion App that turns your tablet device into a second screen that provides you with features that further immerse you into this Caribbean world.

The Companion App is an indispensable tool for all would-be pirate captains. It acts like your very own quartermaster, so that you will never need to break the flow of gameplay by pausing the game to navigate through certain menus. You are now free to fully concentrate on the job at hand - to gain wealth and infamy on the high seas and in exotic cities.

The free App includes:

Interactive World Map - More exhaustive than your in-game map; see your mission objectives in real-time, set waypoints, zoom in and out, and search for locations with the tip of your finger. It’s also a great way to involve someone else in your single player experience as a friend can be take on the role of your quartermaster.

Kenway’s Fleet - You can now interact with the main game 24/7, wherever you may be. Use the ships that you have captured to send on missions, secure routes and collect cargo and currency. The Atlantic Ocean is thriving with opportunities and you’ll need many ships to take full advantage. You can even help secure your Uplay friends’ routes and get rewarded.

Progress Tracker - All your game data is stored here, including main mission progress, crafting completion, and your current game status.
Treasure Maps - Find treasure maps in-game and see them on your second screen while you cross-reference the real-world location on your TV.

Initiates Wall - Display received messages, notifications from your friends and find community challenges.

Animus Database - Easily view, at your leisure, all the Animus Database entries unlocked in the main game.

The Companion App can be downloaded here:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id692766233
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubisoft.assassin.blackflag

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Companion is compatible with PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U and PC.

Solid-Snake-Eyes
11-12-2013, 10:14 PM
That's pretty cool. I hope it works with the PC version, they said "cross-reference the real-world location on your TV" as if they weren't taking PC gamers into account, but I guess that's nothing new.

Mr_Shade
11-12-2013, 10:45 PM
That's pretty cool. I hope it works with the PC version, they said "cross-reference the real-world location on your TV" as if they weren't taking PC gamers into account, but I guess that's nothing new.
Some people play PC on TV too - tbh it's just generic text - since it covers console and pc ;)

If you follow the link - you will see:

'Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Companion is compatible with PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U and PC.'

Solid-Snake-Eyes
11-12-2013, 10:50 PM
Cool. I'll download it.

Only 165MB on iOS, very cool. So many apps are huge.

warp2125
11-13-2013, 07:54 AM
I took a look at it, only works on certain android devices... good effort though.

WeamDreaver
11-13-2013, 02:31 PM
Is it possible to use this app on a second PC?
I don't have any mobile device, but a second PC. Maybe there is something like an emulator to run android apps on a pc? Or even better, why not making a windows version of this app?

Mr_Shade
11-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Is it possible to use this app on a second PC?
I don't have any mobile device, but a second PC. Maybe there is something like an emulator to run android apps on a pc? Or even better, why not making a windows version of this app?
Hi,

The Companion app is only for iOS and Android.

The idea is you can also also use it when not at your PC / Console to control the fleet in game - or - have quick access to the map etc while playing the game. - If you are playing on PC, you would need another PC available to use the app, or constantly alt tabbing to make it practical and used as intended - and at present - it's a tablet only app.

Bundologus
11-13-2013, 10:20 PM
Is it likely that the app will be available on android phones also? (instead of being tablet exclusive) :confused:
this is a great idea btw ;)

Anykeyer
11-14-2013, 07:07 AM
at present - it's a tablet only app.

Does this mean phone version is coming?
I can understand why tablet is preferable as a second screen. But it would be nice to be able to manage kenway fleet when you are away from home using phone. Because phone, unlike tablet, is always with you.

YazX_
11-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Does this mean phone version is coming?
I can understand why tablet is preferable as a second screen. But it would be nice to be able to manage kenway fleet when you are away from home using phone. Because phone, unlike tablet, is always with you.

There is a workaround to make it work on smart phones.

Anykeyer
11-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Not if you dont want to mess with roots and jailbreaks.

Mr_Shade
11-15-2013, 01:49 PM
The team may expand the devices, however at present, as I said - it's tablets only :(

YazX_
11-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Not if you dont want to mess with roots and jailbreaks.

im not sure about ios but for android, root is not required. you only have to install the apk and then copy file. its not guaranteed to work with all devices, but some reported that it worked just fine.

The team may expand the devices, however at present, as I said - it's tablets only :(

yes we do get that the official app and its support will be for tablets in the present time, but we are just discussing other possibilities that wont harm anyone. :cool:

TheLeoCrow
11-16-2013, 12:18 AM
Well, it seems to be incompatible with tablets running an x86 CPU. The android store shows that it is compatible with one of my devices but it really isn't, unfortunatelly

oO_Sovereign_Oo
11-16-2013, 06:37 PM
Is this going to be made compatible for android phones

Mr_Shade
11-16-2013, 06:56 PM
Is this going to be made compatible for android phones
Hi,

QUICK UPDATE - Good news guys!

The team are working on an update for the App - which will add in some phones - which ones will be announced in the update notes, on the store.

AND

When I get a final list - I will post it here too :)

Osmo250
11-17-2013, 06:34 AM
Just wanted to point out that you lied. You said, and I quote
and all tablets connecting to Google Play. well..you're wrong. Im on an Android tablet as I type this, and its not available on it. So yeah...fix you're problems instead of spreading lies.

rrebe
11-17-2013, 11:41 AM

The team are working on an update for the App - which will add in some phones - which ones will be announced in the update notes, on the store.

Oh nice, I like the sound of that!
Thumbs up that my android phone (SGS2) is in the list of compatible devices :)

M0toki
11-18-2013, 04:08 AM
Hi,

AND

When I get a final list - I will post it here too :)

Or why don't they just open it up for any Android device to download and install with a disclaimer that it's only been tested on the following devices (give a list) and that it may not work for ones not on the list etc?

I know the Ubisoft way of things is to restrict and lock everything down like Fort Knox but it's a free app so it really won't cause any harm if someone downloads it and discovers it doesn't work on their particular device. And that way many more people who don't have a device on a very short lists (and there are literally thousands and thousands of Android devices) can still enjoy the app.

In all likelihood it will in fact work on many more devices than the ones it is restricted to and in my mind it's better to just open it up with a disclaimer than to lock it all down and cut people out or force them to jump through ridiculous hoops (like I've been having to do) to get it to work on their device.

SlobberyShart
11-27-2013, 05:26 PM
Wow... no support for Windows based devices.

Mr_Shade
11-27-2013, 05:34 PM
New list of supported devices:

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=52&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ebkNCAQ

If you have issues running it on a supported device, please contact support.

At present the Companion App is only available on supported iOS and Android devices.

Anykeyer
11-28-2013, 10:16 AM
When this new list will actually take effect? I saw iPhones added a week ago, yet in AppStore companion is still at version 1.0 with only iPads support

Anderslash
11-28-2013, 12:15 PM
It's just me, or Kenway's Fleet isn't working with the companion app? It says that "Ubisoft servers are not available at this time". But I can connect and all other features (world map, treasure maps, etc) are working fine.

rvonlin
11-28-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm having the same problem on my iPad3. I posted about it yesterday but only got one reply from a Droid user who said it was working for them.

And yeah, what's the point of having a list saying certain phones are now supported when you haven't actually released the app for them yet...

TheUnforgiven83
12-05-2013, 02:31 AM
Any plans of supporting x86 Android tablets like the sweet new Dell Venue 8 that I just bought? Need a beta test dummy? I'll gladly volunteer myself.

Thanks in advance.

AndreaTek
12-05-2013, 10:00 AM
New list of supported devices:

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=52&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ebkNCAQ

If you have issues running it on a supported device, please contact support.

At present the Companion App is only available on supported iOS and Android devices.

Not compatible with my Asus Memo Pad HD 7 ME173X (Android 4.2.2) but is compatible with Asus Nexus 7.

Why ?

Uranus888
12-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Also no direct support for Acer A700/701 Tablet but fully working using the manual installation workaround.

usek
10-01-2017, 11:30 PM
This app is not supported on iOS 11. Do you think about updating?

vancofoo
12-20-2017, 04:27 PM
i'm just wanna start to play the pc version, do you think to update this companion apps? even update to make it possible to install on android mobile version, thanks and regards.

veronica5585
12-22-2017, 11:50 AM
I tried getting the companion app but I can't since both googleplay and appstore won't let me get it claiming that it's not available in my country.
I tried to manually download the apk file for android, managed to install it but then when I run the app it automatically tries to download something which fails due to the app not being downloaded from the googleplay. So that doesn't work either. (But for some reason, AC Unity's companion app is perfectly available for my country, I don't see why Black Flag's is not)

I've finished the game already but I want to continue playing Kenway's fleet in order to collect the remaining rewards and collectibles. It would be great to be able to have the app so that I wouldn't have to run the full game on pc each time I want to reach Kenway's fleet.

Can Ubi do something about the companion app please? So we can use it..