PDA

View Full Version : ASSASSIN’S CREED® IV BLACK FLAG™ Free Companion App Now on iOS And Google Play

Mr_Shade
11-12-2013, 07:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ggrvrTPPuU

London, UK – 12 November 2013 — Today, Ubisoft® announced that the Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™ Companion App is now available for free from the App Store℠ for the iPad®, and all tablets connecting to Google Play.

Elevate your Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag experience with this unique companion App that turns your tablet device into a second screen that provides you with features that further immerse you into this Caribbean world.

The Companion App is an indispensable tool for all would-be pirate captains. It acts like your very own quartermaster, so that you will never need to break the flow of gameplay by pausing the game to navigate through certain menus. You are now free to fully concentrate on the job at hand - to gain wealth and infamy on the high seas and in exotic cities.

The free App includes:

Interactive World Map - More exhaustive than your in-game map; see your mission objectives in real-time, set waypoints, zoom in and out, and search for locations with the tip of your finger. It’s also a great way to involve someone else in your single player experience as a friend can be take on the role of your quartermaster.

Kenway’s Fleet - You can now interact with the main game 24/7, wherever you may be. Use the ships that you have captured to send on missions, secure routes and collect cargo and currency. The Atlantic Ocean is thriving with opportunities and you’ll need many ships to take full advantage. You can even help secure your Uplay friends’ routes and get rewarded.

Progress Tracker - All your game data is stored here, including main mission progress, crafting completion, and your current game status.
Treasure Maps - Find treasure maps in-game and see them on your second screen while you cross-reference the real-world location on your TV.

Initiates Wall - Display received messages, notifications from your friends and find community challenges.

Animus Database - Easily view, at your leisure, all the Animus Database entries unlocked in the main game.

The Companion App can be downloaded here:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id692766233
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubisoft.assassin.blackflag

Dragula
11-12-2013, 07:27 PM
ive had this app since the day after launch?

SixKeys
11-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Can't seem to download it. Is there a list of compatible devices somewhere?

Bastiaen
11-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Is this only ever going to be on tablets? I recall them saying it would be available on smart phones.

xx-pyro
11-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Is this only ever going to be on tablets? I recall them saying it would be available on smart phones.

I think UbiGabe during the RedditAMA said something along the lines of "one thing at a time" when smartphones were mentioned for the app.

EDIT: Any chance of this popping up as a native app for Blackberry 10 OS? Would rather not have to sideload it as an android app.

Lass4r
11-12-2013, 09:06 PM
You would think, with the game being out for two weeks now, there would be some sense of urgency in getting this app out there. Arent they missing a huge part of the market by doing the full Pad release now and waiting till even later to release it on smartphones?

Iˋm glad my friend had an Ipad, because my android pad wasnˋt compatible. Havent checked if it is now, with this release.

I mean, Iˋm no marketing expert, but surely this was handled poorly?

Osmo250
11-13-2013, 03:48 AM
and all tablets connecting to Google Play.

I call bs on this. Im on a tablet as I type. It has google play. And I still cant get it.

shame on you for lying.

Osmo250
11-17-2013, 06:21 AM
Wanted to bump this to prove they were wrong. Im STILL not able to get the stupid app...

Black_Widow9
11-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Wanted to bump this to prove they were wrong. Im STILL not able to get the stupid app...
These are the Supported Devices at this time but there are more that will be added to this list soon.
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=52&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ebkNCAQ

If your device is listed and you cannot access the App, please contact Ubisoft Support.
Ubisoft Support Website (http://support.ubi.com/)

Otrovai
11-17-2013, 07:48 PM
So Question.. Is the companion app the ONLY way to get second screen function to work? Or is the PS vita with it's native Second screen feature supposed to work with the game as well? Because I can tell that it Flat out doesn't right now and that's a problem.

Mr_Shade
11-17-2013, 07:54 PM
So Question.. Is the companion app the ONLY way to get second screen function to work? Or is the PS vita with it's native Second screen feature supposed to work with the game as well? Because I can tell that it Flat out doesn't right now and that's a problem.

Hi,

The Vita - is only used for Remote play on PS4 - If you want to use the in game map etc - on a second device while playing on AC4 - you use the AC4 companion app.

Second Screen support, depends on the title - AC4 has it's own comprehensive app - since the game does not support it at present - support might be added to use the Vita as a replacement, however there is no information on that at this time.

I can only suggest using the companion app - and watching for any updates!

Otrovai
11-17-2013, 08:02 PM
Well That's insanity.. Your "Companion App" Doesn't Work with Enough tablets to be justified as the only way to access the second screen feature at this time.. Not only that but to advertise second screen andnot differentiate anywhere on any website that it is companion app only when there are other ways of accessing a second screen feature is just terrible. It makes no sense to not support a feature like this when it comes native with the system.

Mr_Shade
11-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Well That's insanity.. Your "Companion App" Doesn't Work with Enough tablets to be justified as the only way to access the second screen feature at this time.. Not only that but to advertise second screen andnot differentiate anywhere on any website that it is companion app only when there are other ways of accessing a second screen feature is just terrible. It makes no sense to not support a feature like this when it comes native with the system.
The companion app works with all versions of AC4 - not just the PS4 version, so it's a universal app which was written to cover the game, not just one console - so it's the preferred way, if you have a compatible device.

Support for more devices is being added, so please check shortly for an update.

It's possible that support for the Vita, will be added to the PS4 version of the game, however at present the only way is via the companion app - since the console would have to render the map etc remotely, it would need the game to support it [more so than a app] however as soon as there is any news, it will be posted.

The app - should be considered a bonus, it does not detract from the game - or - remove you abilities should you not have access.

I have asked if there is any news for the PS4 / Vita - and will update you if I get any.

stetsonaw
11-18-2013, 02:52 AM
Stop acting like an entitled child. The sticker price on this game (and i'm talking about the regular, $60 USD edition) is the same as any other game that comes out for your console, whether there is a companion app or not. If your angry it isn't on your Android device, then do like I did to get it on my phone (and working), and flex your google-fu.

Granted, it may require root if the first post doesn't work for you. Half way down the page has the fix for rooted phones.

Standard disclaimer: I, nor ubisoft, is responsible for what may happen to you or your device by installing it from anywhere other than through Google Play. That said, I have the app running on my LG G2 with no issues besides an occasional reboot when opening the app. All functionality is present.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/705970-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/67695015

SporkMasta
11-19-2013, 09:11 AM
Is there going to be a PC release for the companion app, since the game has been released on PC?

thelastdisciple
11-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Is there going to be a PC release for the companion app, since the game has been released on PC?
It would be silly if they didn't release it for PC, think of how it would benefit folks with multiple monitors, all they have to do is just look over to the next screen and voila they've got the map right there.

I'll never understand why these kind of apps get so pigeonholed and alienate SO many users, i mean if only 1% can use the freakin' thing what's the point lol?

I'm glad at least some more support is being added though.

stetsonaw
11-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Thanks for speeding up my ships dude!

Anyone else having issues accessing Kenway's Fleet from the companion app?

EDIT: Problem fixed, see my signature.

stetsonaw
12-03-2013, 08:20 PM
App is now available for Android Phones as well as the iPhone! Check your respective stores. Windows Phone not available.

poptartz20
12-03-2013, 08:29 PM
I must say I use this App on my Galaxy S2 ( yeah I have an old phone) lol. And it works without a hitch. I've used it several times away from my ps4 I honestly enjoy it! I can make money in the game without even being home to play it.

also how do you get more Uplay friends to complete some of those missions faster. Gaah... 13 hours for one mission!? I like the idea because we are talking about sailing in the 1700s lol but still.

stetsonaw
12-03-2013, 08:33 PM
I must say I use this App on my Galaxy S2 ( yeah I have an old phone) lol. And it works without a hitch. I've used it several times away from my ps4 I honestly enjoy it! I can make money in the game without even being home to play it.

also how do you get more Uplay friends to complete some of those missions faster. Gaah... 13 hours for one mission!? I like the idea because we are talking about sailing in the 1700s lol but still.
Via the UPLAY home page, under your account info on the right side of the screen. Full thread below with people to add as friends specifically for the fleet minigame.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/804992-Adding-quot-uPlay-quot-Friends-for-Fleet-Minigame-and-Social-Events

Syr.Jake
12-03-2013, 09:01 PM
The App have been available for most Android devices for a while. I have it both on a Samsung Tablet and on my Galaxy S3. Although on the phone I find it is a horrible battery drain, so I try not to use it on the phone as much.

pacmanate
12-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Thank you for this information Mr Shade :D

Kri3tian
12-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Is there any news about second screen ps vita?

The AC IV app its only avaiable for my phone (old arc S), but it drains all my battery and the screen its too small. My tab (bq edison) doesnt support the app...

I think will be amazing use it on my Vita, or in my tablet.

I have the far cry outpost and it works in both (phone and tab), its there any reason for the AC IV app not work in the tablet?

Str8 Shooter 01
01-31-2014, 07:07 PM
So I can use this app on my works crappy iPhone 4S with a tiny screen, but not on my newer android devices that have big screens.....this is a huge failure on Ubisofts side to not support devices that will easily run the app. At least make it able to be side loaded, so then I can run the risk myself.

stetsonaw
02-01-2014, 03:48 AM
So I can use this app on my works crappy iPhone 4S with a tiny screen, but not on my newer android devices that have big screens.....this is a huge failure on Ubisofts side to not support devices that will easily run the app. At least make it able to be side loaded, so then I can run the risk myself.
What device do you have? I am able to download it for my LG G2, my wife's Galaxy SIII, and my Nexus 7 Tablet. Once they opened it up for more devices, i thought they worked it out for the majority of phones.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubisoft.assassin.blackflag