PDA

View Full Version : Post you game modes here!

Ubi-Valentin
11-12-2013, 02:56 PM
The Game Lab has allowed you to create your own Game Modes, and you just finished your first mode. But now you wonder how you can promote it. Well here's a start: why not post a quick description here?

- Give as much specific information about your game mode's rules, maps, characters and parameters.
- This is an official post but not an official endorsement for the game modes posted there.
- Have you read our Lead Game Designer's tips (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/805988-How-To-Create-great-Game-Modes) to create a popular and fun game mode?
- Have fun sharing and enjoying each other's modes.

poketopa
11-13-2013, 09:23 AM
My gamemode is called Boobytraparade. It's a variation on manhunt involving lots and lots of boobytraps ( as you might imagine ).
The parameters are

General
Start Approach Meter Zone: High
Ranged Weapon Aim Time: Slow
Kill Focus Speed: 1.5 s

Abilities
Force Ability Sets:
Offense: Timephase, Boobytrap, Sabotage, Determined, Resistance,+250, Tracker
Defense: Tripwire, Boobytrap, Disruption, Sixth Sense, Resilence, +250, Tracker
Ability Cooldown: Short
Adjust Crafting: Off

Kill and Stun Scoring
Failed Approach: 450
Poor Approach: 200
Good Approach: 100
Great Approach: 50
Perfect Approach: 0
Ground Finish: 100
Focus: 50
Chain: 0
Variety: 50
First Blood: 200
Revenge:0
Savior: 0
Poacher: 100

Ability Scoring
All set to 0
Except Boobytrap: 950

Mode Scoring
Hidden Alone: 0

Scoring Multipliers
Acrobatic 0x
Hidden 1x
Bench 1x
Grab 4x

Interface
Approach Meter: Force Off

This gamemode is all about getting boobytrap kills and being as reckless as possible. Failed approaches are worth 450 because I wanted people mindlessly running instead of paying attention to boobytraps. This probability is increased when acrobatic kills have a 0x multiplier discouraging roofs where chasebreakers aren't as abundant. Even more so when defense has disruption. I want to note that this game is BEST PLAYED ON SABA ISLAND because chasebreakers are prevailant throughout the whole map. I usually end up with about two boobytrap kills each game with four people. Imagine the hilarity with eight people! If you really want more info check out my video. Sorry for my voice and if you have questions ALWAYS feel free to comment either on the forum or on the video. :P

A video I made on it:
http://youtu.be/4zaqcS-4zBo

poketopa
11-15-2013, 04:39 AM
Maybe there aren't as many people making game labs as I thought... :P

lBamitsMichael
11-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Maybe there aren't as many people making game labs as I thought... :P

I'd love to be able to add and remove teams, if I could I'd love to make a Team Assassinate but until then I've not made a gamelab mode yet.

Collinwood01
11-15-2013, 11:43 AM
My gamelab idea is called PURIST:

Wanted match
No abilities
No perks
Meter starts at silent
All scores are at default settings
Can use any kill streak
Can use any loss streak

Send me a friend request at Collinwood01 on PS3 if youd like to give a try with me or just make it your own.

Hitchhy
01-17-2014, 02:56 AM
Mode Template
Domination

General
Allow Melee Kills: Off
Ranged Weapon Aiming Time: Instant

Mode:
Victory Gauge Speed: Fast
Capture Time: 10 s
Numerical Superiority: On
Team Capture: Off
Controlled Zone Feedback: None
Enemy Zone Feedback: Defenders

Abilities
Force Ability Sets: 1
Set 1: Glimmer, Wipe, Pistol
Ability Cooldown: Very Short

Interface

There is a specific parameter I wanted to use that made me create this gamemode:

Numerical Superiority

(This parameter makes you unable to capture a territory as long as the number of attackers in this zone is not at least number of defenders +1)

The main problem with numerical superiority is that defenders tend to stay in the territory so that creating this superiority is almost impossible and very frustrating.
My solution for that problem is to take away the defenders ability to get melee kills. The only way for them to kill now is to use the gun which means they have to create distance to their targets.
With Wipe attackers get an additional powerful tool to force the defenders out of the territory.

So how do you capture a territory?
A typical scenario for this gamemode is:

Two players defend their territory A.
Two players want to capture this territory.

If melee kills would be possible the defenders would have a very easy and clear strategy: Stay in the territory and kill everyone who enters. Even if the attackers both enter the territory it would still not be enough to capture it. But there is a very interesting mechanic in Domination:

When you get stunned, you lose your status as a defender (for a short period of time).

This means that the only way for the two attackers to capture the territory would be to stun one of the defenders and avoid the other or stun both at the same time which would be very difficult. That is why I decided to take away the main power of the defenders, their dominance in a direct confrontation. The defenders will now try to avoid close contact with the attackers.
While testing this I noticed that this was not enough. Defenders would still try to stay in the territory and attackers would often be shot right when they were about to stun the defenders (which would be very frustrating for them). To avoid that, attackers get Wipe as an ability to help in this exact situation.
Wipe forces the defenders to create great distance to their targets and push them out of the territory. Attackers can now try to stun the defenders or at least force them out of the territory to create numerical superiority.

Now attackers feel like they have the tools to capture a territory and are able to put pressure on the defenders.

Had a of fun creating and playing this mode, if anyone has any suggestions for a name or on how to improve it, I am happy about any kind of feedback :D

whereisantonio
02-10-2014, 06:33 AM
ALL OF THESE FOLLOWING MODES HAVE SOMEHOW BEEN TESTED.

Infiltration (Manhunt)
Game session time: 5 minutes
Stuns: Off
Ground Finishes = Off
Chasebreakers = Off
Whispers = Off
Heartbeats = Off
Kill Focus Speed = 4.5 s

Map Type: Same Map

Forced Ability Sets = 2
Set 1: Disguise, Firecrackers, Knife, Resistance
Set 2: Morph, Time Phase, Disruption, Sixth Sense
Ability Cooldown: Short

Kill & Stun Scoring = All set to 0
EXCEPTIONS =
Great Approach: 50
Perfect Approach: 100
Stun: 250
Focus: 250
Chain: 150
Variety: 1000
MODE SCORING
2 Multi kills = 250
3 Multi kills = 500
4 Multi kills = 750
Hidden alone = 100
Assist = 0
SCORING MULTIPLIERS
Contested = x0
Bench = x4
Grab = x4

Target's Portrait: FORCE OFF
Target's Info: FORCE OFF
Approach Meter: FORCE OFF

[Prey]
Being the prey can easily get you big points. Hiding with teammates and getting perfect stuns are set to high points to influence the concept of hiding.

[Predator]
As a predator, you cannot get that much points. The only way you can get a lot of points is if you get multi kills, since the preys are influenced to hide together. Varieties will give you 1000 points. Bench and grab kills are x4 so you can still have a chance of getting good kills.

Pit of Frenzy (Deathmatch)
Game Session Time: 5 min
Stuns: off
Ground finishes: off
Chasebreakers: off
Whispers: off
Heartbeats: off
Approach meter start zone: full
Lock awareness: on
Target lock duration: 6 s
Kill focus speed: 1.5 s

Force ability sets = 2
Set 1: Smoke bomb, decoy, disruption
Set 2: Firecrackers, bodyguard, knife
Ability cool down: Short
Adjust crafting: Max

Failed approach: 250
Poor approach: 100
Good approach: 50
Great approach: 0
Perfect approach: 0
Focus: 250
Chain: 500
variety: 250
First blood: 500
Revenge: 250
Savior: 100
Poacher: 250

Ability scoring = ALL SET TO 0
EXCEPTIONS
Decoy: 450
Bodyguard: 100

Acrobatic = x2
Hidden = x0
Bench = x0
Grab = x4
Approach meter: FORCE OFF

This game mode is suppose to try to get players to go competitive since the game is fast-paced. This game mode is not trying to promote bad kills for your information.

Smada10
02-28-2014, 09:55 AM
Mode Template
Domination

General
Allow Melee Kills: Off
Ranged Weapon Aiming Time: Instant

Mode:
Victory Gauge Speed: Fast
Capture Time: 10 s
Numerical Superiority: On
Team Capture: Off
Controlled Zone Feedback: None
Enemy Zone Feedback: Defenders

Abilities
Force Ability Sets: 1
Set 1: Glimmer, Wipe, Pistol
Ability Cooldown: Very Short

Interface

There is a specific parameter I wanted to use that made me create this gamemode:

Numerical Superiority

(This parameter makes you unable to capture a territory as long as the number of attackers in this zone is not at least number of defenders +1)

The main problem with numerical superiority is that defenders tend to stay in the territory so that creating this superiority is almost impossible and very frustrating.
My solution for that problem is to take away the defenders ability to get melee kills. The only way for them to kill now is to use the gun which means they have to create distance to their targets.
With Wipe attackers get an additional powerful tool to force the defenders out of the territory.

So how do you capture a territory?
A typical scenario for this gamemode is:

Two players defend their territory A.
Two players want to capture this territory.

If melee kills would be possible the defenders would have a very easy and clear strategy: Stay in the territory and kill everyone who enters. Even if the attackers both enter the territory it would still not be enough to capture it. But there is a very interesting mechanic in Domination:

When you get stunned, you lose your status as a defender (for a short period of time).

This means that the only way for the two attackers to capture the territory would be to stun one of the defenders and avoid the other or stun both at the same time which would be very difficult. That is why I decided to take away the main power of the defenders, their dominance in a direct confrontation. The defenders will now try to avoid close contact with the attackers.
While testing this I noticed that this was not enough. Defenders would still try to stay in the territory and attackers would often be shot right when they were about to stun the defenders (which would be very frustrating for them). To avoid that, attackers get Wipe as an ability to help in this exact situation.
Wipe forces the defenders to create great distance to their targets and push them out of the territory. Attackers can now try to stun the defenders or at least force them out of the territory to create numerical superiority.

Now attackers feel like they have the tools to capture a territory and are able to put pressure on the defenders.

Had a of fun creating and playing this mode, if anyone has any suggestions for a name or on how to improve it, I am happy about any kind of feedback :D

Damn! I gotta try this!

whereisantonio
03-02-2014, 06:46 AM
Damn! I gotta try this!

It's currently in the game lab modes right now, you definitely should try it out.

guest-k94s6d50
06-27-2015, 12:01 PM
well I was sitting here watching those zorro movies and im just saying to myself why not a Mexican assasins creed like assassins creed: Zorro or something ?