PDA

View Full Version : Hunting & Harpooning

hoju74
11-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Anyone else LOVE these activities ? I harpooned my first great white shark last night, and that was intense.
I did feel a little bad when I accidently killed one of those sea turtles though :(

phoenix-force411
11-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Poison the sea turtles!

FadedEcho
11-11-2013, 09:56 PM
You killed a sea turtle, you monster!

For me, hunting has just been a means to the end of crafting. The animal fight QTEs are cool though.

As for harpooning, I agree those sequences can be very intense and exciting because of the difficult. I just have to keep making myself feel better afterwards by telling myself its just a game. Looking at the animals with all those wounds, being pulled out of the water as the finish bleeding to death, choking on the air they can't breath. Hard to not think of this happening in real life, and the cruelty of it.

Anyways! Good gameplay mechanics for sure~

hamNdoritos
11-11-2013, 10:01 PM
the great white shark was hard for me for sure. I encountered it when I didn't upgrade any of my harpooning equipment and I died so quick because the shark is quick and agile and deals great damage. Of course i came back with upgrades and got my revenge. I think the funniest and easier one for me was the white whale. I am so sinister.

hoju74
11-11-2013, 10:11 PM
The jaguars are psychotic. I think I've done more air assassinations on them than on guards.

BlackMrktBeagle
11-11-2013, 10:18 PM
They always make me kind of sick to my stomach, even while I appreciate the gameplay mechanics. The harpooning challenge is fun, its RL correspondence not so much. I really liked in Far Cry 3, no matter how many times he did it, or how hardened he had become to killing people, Jason always went "yechhh" when he skinned an animal.

Flutterwhat
11-12-2013, 06:49 PM
I honestly prefer to just buy the skins instead of collect them myself. Sure, it's a little pricy, but I'm glad i have the option, and that participating in hunting and harpooning is purely optional.

SleezeRocker
11-12-2013, 06:56 PM
I like animals but since it's a game I don't necessarily feel any real guilt.

now those ANimal shelter commercials......oh man, they get you everytime lol

xAtTheEndx
11-15-2013, 10:20 PM
I was....heartbroken when i shot my first turtle....so heartbroken that i shot the nearest turtle as well.... :c
We can hunt rabbits....we hunt everything in the game...but we can't skin sea turtles?! The white whale always asks to get harpooned though. It taunts your ship by jumping out next to your ship, you have no other option than to stop and harpoon it. Whales are the hardest to fight. Great whites were predictable in behavior and attack patterns. I applaud the crafting int his game. The hunting was a nice distraction. I really don't get why people get so squeamish about killing animals in a video game...another forum member brought up a great point....you bought this game to enjoy assassinating people...in many cruel ways....you kill more humans in this game than animals. Check your statistics, it will tell you. You're a murderer to your own kind D: HOW DARE YOUUU