PDA

View Full Version : Next expansion: The Five Towers - Tower of the Dreamer

Kimundi
11-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Tower of the Dreamer

Since the founding of the Lotus Empire, after the collapse of the Shantiri civilization, Naga truth seekers have been travelling in their dreams to a tower dedicated to Shalassa that they climbed to obtain new perspective and far seeing. Hundreds of Nagas have painted or described this tower in poetry with an exactitude and similarity that defy the laws of reason. Up until the discovery of the five towers, the Nagas had always believed that it was a mystical place existing only in the spirit world, but upon seeing the Dreamer’s Spire, they realized that it was in fact a real physical building, a memory of the Shantiris, and not the stuff made only of dreams.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/46/1384178402-dreamer-fb-highlight.png

Report from Hakeem to the Council of Nine

Dreamer’s Spire, whose design is by far the most peaceful and soothing of the five towers, remains a formidable defense all the same. The Shantiri Architecture, emboldened with magical water symbols dedicated to Shalassa, gives it a false harmless appearance. Akane, a Naga Wizard, and Gazal’s most faithful ally, was still occupying the tower when we escaped. She claimed that the spire is the legendary Dream Seeker tower of Naga legend. Whether that is true, or simply something she likes to believe, it seems to confer her a certain clairvoyance that will translate into a tremendous advantage in battle should we face her.

Thanks for the new section Aza!

Pjovejas
11-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Do you know what +/- date for next expansion? In fact, I wouldn't like too frequent expansions... since it is bad for collecting purposes.

xenoglaux
11-11-2013, 04:44 PM
I will wait for the day it came out.

Kimundi
11-11-2013, 04:48 PM
As SpaceElephant stated in September Dev Bulletin, it should be out before the end of the year!

Pjovejas
11-11-2013, 04:50 PM
well, maybe it is just me,but... the expansions in game, where trade is NOT ALLOWED shouldn't be so frequent

RelZoBlade
11-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Holy cow, I can't wait :D How many new cards / heroes are planned to be released? And when can we expect details about the cards themselves?

Kimundi
11-11-2013, 05:04 PM
I can't tell you anything else for now, but stay frosty, more infos are coming soon ;)

mriClipse
11-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Very nice. Thanks for sharing! :)

DejaTwo
11-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Right on!

SpatulaOfDoom
11-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Awesome, looking forward to this :)

FreezingRain
11-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Can't wait! More cards and extras for my new favorite card game (the best CCG in the world in my opinion) is always great! :D
Thanks for the news!

Baduruu
11-11-2013, 07:33 PM
Well you can be sure you will be getting 50$ from me when this comes out lmfao

Allinim
11-11-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm used to farm packs by winning swisses, can you tell us if the swisses rewards will be packs from The Five Towers expansion ? Need to know if i have to start saving my seals or not :p

MageCollins
11-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Wow, before the end of the year? That unexpectedly fast o.o;

I kinda wish they could also help some of the lesser/never played cards and update them a bit more to give them a chance. I saw a good thread once about it.

AzraelMV
11-12-2013, 12:08 AM
I'm new to the game, I begin 2-3 weeks ago, I'm Elo 1100 and there is so much card I did'nt have ... I feel a bit overwhelmed right now with other 140+ card to come in few months. X_X

Baduruu
11-12-2013, 01:39 AM
When you start the game in no way dictates whether a expansion is too early or not. i started literally the day before FW was released. No way in hell i thought a new expansion was out too fast simply becasue i was brand new. infact i was like SWEET i started right when a new exp got released good timing.

Psychobabble.au
11-12-2013, 02:23 AM
Very excited for this, particularly if it's released as soon as before the end of this year! Maybe shadow era will have launched their kickstarter page by then lol.

Baduruu
11-12-2013, 02:34 AM
Very excited for this, particularly if it's released as soon as before the end of this year! Maybe shadow era will have launched their kickstarter page by then lol.

oh man this made me smile like the joker. its so much more fun becasue its so true. lol

Crimson84
11-12-2013, 09:10 AM
already??

LurifaxB
11-12-2013, 02:03 PM
YEAY! Looking forward to this.

BTW, FW was the best expansion yet, brought a lot of diversity and new tactics.

Aatranis
11-12-2013, 03:05 PM
As SpaceElephant stated in September Dev Bulletin, it should be out before the end of the year!

Won't gonna happen. Ubisoft is always late with everything :p

Kimundi
11-12-2013, 03:08 PM

We told you "before the end of september" for FW, and it was on September 27th :p

Aatranis
11-12-2013, 03:17 PM
OK, do your magic :D

tententai
11-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Thay didn't state which year :-)

Psychobabble.au
11-12-2013, 11:49 PM

apart from the apple store hiccough with HoTV, they've actually been on time with every one of their expansions so far. they really have been releasing them at a hectic pace. If they actually get this out before the end of the year, that'll be more full expansions than MTG this calendar year (though they are slightly smaller than a large MTG set).

Pjovejas
11-13-2013, 07:46 AM
I know many players in MtG, who just stopped playing constructed because the expansions in MtG are too frequent. They only play limited (drafts particularly). In DoC case if there are no drafts and card trading (between players) posibilities, then I am afraid, that too fast expansions eventually will decrease player's database. So, I think the developers must think about those options.

Serpicuz
11-13-2013, 09:27 AM
I know many players in MtG, who just stopped playing constructed because the expansions in MtG are too frequent. They only play limited (drafts particularly). In DoC case if there are no drafts and card trading (between players) posibilities, then I am afraid, that too fast expansions eventually will decrease player's database. So, I think the developers must think about those options.

as I am in agreement with you on the frequency of expansions, it's no easy to say if that decrease in the number of players.
In Magic I have heard many complaints but the numbers and the revenue of the game is always brought up.
Also you can not compare the two games, Magic has a high cost and this allows you to go in a different direction from DoC.

I also believe that soon there will be new types of tournaments, as well as the draft, I hope to improve the pit, maybe every day offers you one card for each expansion, and you can choose one to buy.

Finally, I hope that increases the sense of community with rankings of countries and the possibility of clan or similar.

Pjovejas
11-13-2013, 10:07 AM
MtG main revenue, I guess, is exatcly from limit formas (drafts). I used to play only drafts for the last few years of my MtG career too...
Frequent expansions NEED trade option to collect at least tier2 constructed decks. By "trade" I mean at least ability to exchange cards between players, not only "purchase from pit" option.

Dekasus
11-13-2013, 12:06 PM
So, 2v2 won't come out -_-?

svilleneuve
11-13-2013, 01:42 PM
as I am in agreement with you on the frequency of expansions, it's no easy to say if that decrease in the number of players.
In Magic I have heard many complaints but the numbers and the revenue of the game is always brought up.
Also you can not compare the two games, Magic has a high cost and this allows you to go in a different direction from DoC.

I also believe that soon there will be new types of tournaments, as well as the draft, I hope to improve the pit, maybe every day offers you one card for each expansion, and you can choose one to buy.

Finally, I hope that increases the sense of community with rankings of countries and the possibility of clan or similar.

Of course, this frequency of release makes it hard for some players to keep up with the expansions. 2014 will see the same amount of expansions and we might do larger sets, this part of the game is not slowing down. Although, I would admit that 5 Towers is pretty close to FW. In a way, it's not a bad thing, it just gives you access to more strategies and if you only need 1 card from the expansion to update your deck, you can get it from the Altar. It makes it hard to collect all cards for a casual player, but most top players have all the cards already and they hunger for more.

In the meantime, rest assured that we are looking at ways to keep you all entertained. That includes new modes, new formats, new tournaments, it's just a matter time before we get there. And yes, I do want to make 2v2 someday. I don't know if we'll get there, I don't how, or when, but I really want to (don't hold your breath, there's a lot to do before that).

As for community ranking? I don't know, but it's not out of the question. With R2P now behind us, we can start thinking about 2014's competitive scene. A lot of what we do on the larger scale will affect the smaller scale of competition.

I do hope though that you enjoy Five Towers when it comes out before the end of this year. :)

Baduruu
11-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Of course, this frequency of release makes it hard for some players to keep up with the expansions. 2014 will see the same amount of expansions and we might do larger sets, this part of the game is not slowing down. Although, I would admit that 5 Towers is pretty close to FW. In a way, it's not a bad thing, it just gives you access to more strategies and if you only need 1 card from the expansion to update your deck, you can get it from the Altar. It makes it hard to collect all cards for a casual player, but most top players have all the cards already and they hunger for more.

In the meantime, rest assured that we are looking at ways to keep you all entertained. That includes new modes, new formats, new tournaments, it's just a matter time before we get there. And yes, I do want to make 2v2 someday. I don't know if we'll get there, I don't how, or when, but I really want to (don't hold your breath, there's a lot to do before that).

As for community ranking? I don't know, but it's not out of the question. With R2P now behind us, we can start thinking about 2014's competitive scene. A lot of what we do on the larger scale will affect the smaller scale of competition.

I do hope though that you enjoy Five Towers when it comes out before the end of this year. :)

more sets make me happy and im glad i only need to wait a max of 45 days for this next one. As long as there is not a powercreep with your sets in the future. Powercreeping sets will just make me leave the first sign its evident. Powercreeping does little that is good for a meta, shaking up a meta with new cards that do new things are awesome, but making newer version of older cards and the new ones simply replace the old would be a bad idea

Revalon
11-14-2013, 12:29 AM
more sets make me happy and im glad i only need to wait a max of 45 days for this next one. As long as there is not a powercreep with your sets in the future. Powercreeping sets will just make me leave the first sign its evident. Powercreeping does little that is good for a meta, shaking up a meta with new cards that do new things are awesome, but making newer version of older cards and the new ones simply replace the old would be a bad idea

Well, I think I'd stay, but I wouldn't spend money on the game anymore.

But I'm really excited and hope that we will see some interesting new mechanics.

And, of course, I'm looking forward to lots of OP-whining here in the forum.

svilleneuve
11-14-2013, 01:11 PM

Power creeping is inevitable, but can be stretched over years so that it doesn't show or that it doesn't affect the game too much. It's really important for us not to create cards that are strictly stronger than a previous one, like a Juggernaut with 4/3/5 with the same cost.

I stopped playing a particular card game after I saw the new set, power creep was evident and it pissed me off a bit. I know the feeling and I don't want that here.

SUPCOM2
11-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Well,compare

http://www.mmdoc.net/images/cards/normal/Wizard-Tutor.png

http://www.mmdoc.net/images/cards/normal/Breeder.png

sure..its not strictly stronger -_-

svilleneuve
11-14-2013, 02:25 PM
It's also not in the same faction. Power creep is where a card replaces another by being strictly better. In this case, the Tutor doesn't replace the Breeder because you just can't play a Tutor in an Inferno deck. Also, one faction may be more proficient with one ability than another. Magic Channel fits more naturally in Academy than in Inferno, hence the differences in stats. For example, an Infect creature in Stronghold would have really poor stats because the ability doesn't belong there.

Plus Academy needs a lot more magic levels than Inferno does. A lot of its strategies will hinge on the survivability of its Magic Channel creatures.

Elementalist.
11-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Well there definitely are some inconsistencies but overall I'd say the devs have done a pretty good job. The wc was a bad example yes but such cases have not been repeated since.

That said I find it disappointing that necro faction got such overpriced cards for FW :( Half are situational at best but some at least would be playable at 1 less cost. And of course Anael that was pretty underpriced for all that it offers, could easily be 5 cost.

Eagerly awaiting the five towers :)

jemy000
11-14-2013, 07:04 PM
What about the Base Set #2 that was also supposed to be coming soon? Will Base Set 1 disappear? WIth all these new sets coming out are old ones going to start rotating out of tournament play? The players need to know where the game is headed.

dani_trusca
11-14-2013, 07:09 PM
It's also not in the same faction. Power creep is where a card replaces another by being strictly better. In this case, the Tutor doesn't replace the Breeder because you just can't play a Tutor in an Inferno deck. Also, one faction may be more proficient with one ability than another. Magic Channel fits more naturally in Academy than in Inferno, hence the differences in stats. For example, an Infect creature in Stronghold would have really poor stats because the ability doesn't belong there.

Plus Academy needs a lot more magic levels than Inferno does. A lot of its strategies will hinge on the survivability of its Magic Channel creatures.
The problem is not that the Breeder is bad relative to Wizard Tutor. The problem is it's a bad card overall, completely unplayable. No cards should be this bad. If only it cost 1, or had 3 life. It would still be bad, but at least it would have some value.

Zmiotek
11-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Great, You guys really don't slow down! Can we expect cross-deck card sharing?

svilleneuve
11-14-2013, 07:32 PM
What about the Base Set #2 that was also supposed to be coming soon? Will Base Set 1 disappear? WIth all these new sets coming out are old ones going to start rotating out of tournament play? The players need to know where the game is headed.

Don't worry informations will come when we can share it. We want to stay flexible with our planning, that is why nothing is announced because it would be subject to change and that might end up creating more confusion. :)

The problem is not that the Breeder is bad relative to Wizard Tutor. The problem is it's a bad card overall, completely unplayable. No cards should be this bad. If only it cost 1, or had 3 life. It would still be bad, but at least it would have some value.

Bad cards are inevitable in a card game, unfortunately. They have a purpose. For one, it teaches players about deckbuilding. After you've used a bad card, you're forced to change your deck and try stuff. It makes you appreciate good cards even more and gives you the ability to spot them easily. It is frustrating to get a bad card in a booster, but if all cards were good, there would be no thrill in opening a pack. Plus, if all cards were good, in order to release new cards that would interest the players, we would be forced to create new cards that are better than what already exists. That's the fastest way to get to power creep.

There are a lot of other reasons why bad cards exists in a card game, and yes, sometimes it's because we dropped the ball. If Inferno ever had trouble in the meta, we might have considered boosting cards like the Breeder, but Inferno stands in a good spot now.

dani_trusca
11-14-2013, 09:17 PM
I get what you're saying. But I'd make a distinction between bad in terms of low power level ("would never use it but playable"), and bad in terms of unplayable. That is, I think there should be a threshold below which you shouldn't go.

Baduruu
11-15-2013, 01:27 AM
I get what you're saying. But I'd make a distinction between bad in terms of low power level ("would never use it but playable"), and bad in terms of unplayable. That is, I think there should be a threshold below which you shouldn't go.

the thing is breeder and breeder mother really dont have to be completely useless. when more cards get added they can become usefull, ive thought of using them in a more magic heavy verion of my punisher ignatius and they would infact be useful in inferno then. not as a damage dealer but i could make sue of the magic channel no doubt. just cuz a similair creature is beeter in a completely different faction is no evidence of power creep. no way a replacement, and even the less powered inferno version CAN and WILL have its uses. some crap cards become staples when the meta shifts.

dani_trusca
11-15-2013, 02:37 AM
Somehow I highly doubt the Breeder will ever become a staple. :D As for the Breeder Mother, if its Might requirement was 3 and it had a higher Magic requirement it would still be nothing to write home about, but decent.

MamuzShah
11-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Somehow I highly doubt the Breeder will ever become a staple. :D As for the Breeder Mother, if its Might requirement was 3 and it had a higher Magic requirement it would still be nothing to write home about, but decent.

Yep.
I hope that the new set will redefine the might/magic/fortune requirment of the cards. Most are ok, but, for example, the breeder should only has 1 in might requirment and mother breeder should only have 3 in might (and maybe 2 in magic).

sarkocreme
11-15-2013, 06:05 PM
Will the expansion bring new achievements (both related and unrelated to new expansion)?

Baduruu
11-15-2013, 06:12 PM

i doubt it looking at the card pool right now but the addition of a few really nice spells certain decktypes can use it COULD easily become a staple, with these things you wont know tho until future expansions come out. so you can doubt but it doesnt mean it couldnt happen.

:bad" cards in Shadow Era became great when the new expansion came out.

titusthefox
11-15-2013, 11:44 PM
More cards are cool and all I guess, but I'm not entirely sure why everyone is so over the top excited for. I mean, we have zero info what this set might be? Will it include a new faction? People here seem so exstatic about it that it has me wondering if I've missed out on some information on the expansion or something :p

Still, would not say no to Dungeon faction XD

Blitz556
11-16-2013, 02:23 AM
Most likely no new faction is coming with this set. I also wouldn't say no to a new faction (who would?).

Yep.
I hope that the new set will redefine the might/magic/fortune requirment of the cards. Most are ok, but, for example, the breeder should only has 1 in might requirment and mother breeder should only have 3 in might (and maybe 2 in magic).
If only they somehow reworked the rare/epic but hard to use/unplayable cards from base set like Wyvern Rider.

Elementalist.
11-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Or blood caller.. :) Yeah, epic spells should be worth playing even if they have rather narrow uses. They should be able to shine somewhere.

SUPCOM2
11-16-2013, 02:03 PM
well bloodcaller can be used with kats grand finale and 2 orcs/other high hp creatures for OTK.

WolfyThe
11-17-2013, 12:27 AM
This is just way too soon.
Please, provide us better gaming experience, like there lots of suggestions about that, before thinking of adding more cards in the pool.

I'm starting to get tired of companies that relies more on short term revenue through paying contents than long term revenue through update and optimisation.

Blitz556
11-17-2013, 04:18 PM
This is just way too soon.
Please, provide us better gaming experience, like there lots of suggestions about that, before thinking of adding more cards in the pool.

I'm starting to get tired of companies that relies more on short term revenue through paying contents than long term revenue through update and optimisation.
Nobody said optimisation can't be done while adding new content. I for one am even more excited about the new base set.

With that said the game indeed could use some fixing. Like it's been really laggy today and the shop often acts funny.

MrShmog
11-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Am I the only one that thinks that trading should be added into the game? It would add a whole new dimension to the game experience and add some legitimacy to Ubisoft instead of their overly obvious pay pay pay game setup.

Elementalist.
11-17-2013, 05:22 PM
Am I the only one that thinks that trading should be added into the game? It would add a whole new dimension to the game experience and add some legitimacy to Ubisoft instead of their overly obvious pay pay pay game setup.
You'd think that way but doc is not pay to win as many people have reached 1500 without paying a single dime. And with wildcards it's gotten a lot easier to get cards that you miss so trading isn't as big a deal as it would be in the past. Remember that while a game like this requires free players it still has to make some money to keep going and adding trading on top of wildcards would be too much.

Besides people can freely make new accounts and they could abuse trading that way. Unless it required a high level or something but even then there are a number of things to consider..

Baduruu
11-17-2013, 05:30 PM
You'd think that way but doc is not pay to win as many people have reached 1500 without paying a single dime. And with wildcards it's gotten a lot easier to get cards that you miss so trading isn't as big a deal as it would be in the past. Remember that while a game like this requires free players it still has to make some money to keep going and adding trading on top of wildcards would be too much.

Besides people can freely make new accounts and they could abuse trading that way. Unless it required a high level or something but even then there are a number of things to consider..

agree this game is eceptionally NOT pay to play. i really like how Ubi set it up. and yes trading WOULD be abused unless there was a level restriction limit for trading. like you cant trade until you are level 20. otherwise people would make new accounts and play the tutorial and open boxes and just funnel all the good cards to there main account.

i dont get why people dont realize these things ahen they rant that trading is needed. you cant simply make a trade system and leave it at that. there is a reason Ubi made a wildcard system and NOT a trade system. and its not to get more of your money

MrShmog
11-17-2013, 06:48 PM
The wild card system is a relatively weak cop out seeing as how many of them it takes and how often you get them and all you would have to do is require trading cards of close to equal value or some such restriction.

gregory2307
11-17-2013, 09:51 PM
Is that mean if this expansion will come out the fw boosters will for gold in shop?

budynzmajonezem
11-17-2013, 11:47 PM
New card type: Buildings. Confirmed :)

DoubleDeck
11-18-2013, 08:23 AM
The wild card system is a relatively weak cop out seeing as how many of them it takes and how often you get them and all you would have to do is require trading cards of close to equal value or some such restriction.

Not sure what you are talking about, when FW came out, I managed to accumulate over 100 wild cards, and managed to get all the cards I didn't have, completely sets left right and centre! Like Elvin said, trading would be abused becuase one can open many accounts...besides one should "earn" cards, not simply trade them.

@gregory: Yup, that's the trend...FW packs should become gold in next expansion.

@ttyieu: Building cards? Where is this mentioned?

Vengyre
11-18-2013, 10:43 AM
They need to make achieving seals easier for high lvls :>
I mean, we are the most loyal players, please let us get something for free, grinding lvls is insanely slow unless you play no-brainer rush deck.
Like some extra achievements which grant seals or some hardcore challenges that grant seals.

Aniel87
11-18-2013, 11:28 AM
They need to make achieving seals easier for high lvls :>
I mean, we are the most loyal players, please let us get something for free, grinding lvls is insanely slow unless you play no-brainer rush deck.
Like some extra achievements which grant seals or some hardcore challenges that grant seals.

Hight lvl players have more cards = better deck and more experience = so they are winnig (or should be) more tournaments than lower lvl players, and have better rewards like free pack from new expansions so in the end, the high lvl players imho don't need better way to get seals faster.

Jarema03
11-18-2013, 04:03 PM
But free pack is not the same that seals.

Having seals is more rewarding, as you can decide by yourself what you want to buy - I, as a 75 lvl player, would for example prefer HoV pacsk to FW packs now

shop291731DE4
11-20-2013, 10:47 AM
what about introducing trading in a specific way. if you want to trade a card, they must be equal in value. for example: an epic card can only be traded for another epic card. this would fix most of the abuse

Serpicuz
11-20-2013, 11:10 AM
so if I create 10 accounts and I find for example 5 epic cards, only with the codes, I can exchange my useless/double epic with one of them.

Yoh, when it will be possible?

Seriously, I think that as long as you can get cards for free, any type of trading would ruin the gaming experience.

dani_trusca
11-21-2013, 01:32 AM
Seriously, I think that as long as you can get cards for free, any type of trading would ruin the gaming experience.
Seriously, how exactly would being able to acquire cards more easily ruin the gaming experience? I want to play with all factions and all heroes, however at the pace I'm playing it will probably take a very long time before I'm able to do that. Well, it's not like I'm in a hurry, but still.

Serpicuz
11-21-2013, 10:26 AM
I , and many others, enjoyed this game because the growth is gradual.
If the beginning I had been against opponents with complete decks due to trading by multiaccount or thanks money , I would have found it much more difficult.

Clearly as a player )'m in favor of any kind of trading, but thinking in terms of how the game is designed (for example, easy way to get cards at the beginning ) and bearing in mind that the purpose of Ubi is to get money from players , I can not imagine a functional system of trading.

Currently you can receive cards from

packs: standard of a card game

pit : bad, need improve

Wild Cards : they change my life (in game), I'm very unlucky when opening packs (3 FW box only 3 Scholar) and thanks to the WC I was able to take cards that I never had. Think about that for some players have complained about WC for the easy way to get cards.

do you really feel the need for a new method to obtain cards that does not upset the balance of the game?

all IMHO

ArcaneAzmadi
11-22-2013, 11:28 PM

Yeah, I'm not believing that. Seriously, not buying it. No way. Expansions NEVER come out that quick.

Bazaltovy
11-22-2013, 11:55 PM
Yeah, I'm not believing that. Seriously, not buying it. No way. Expansions NEVER come out that quick.

If not Apple, DoC Dev Team would keep all the dates since the very beginning. I think we can trust them. :)