PDA

View Full Version : AC4 online, Is it a let down? or is it what you wanted.

Bad0Day0Killer
11-10-2013, 10:06 PM
i don't play online much only because... i don't see it worth the time. i mean, i play story mode a lot only because of one major thing i would love to see online. That is free roam. For me i would love, just love to play with friends, or even start shooting their boats apart! yet theres only those lame ones... and i started playing this over GTA V online, and i mean, i would love to see some thing like their online on this game. (Other then the fact that there are tanks, helis, planes, etc....

Rithrius
11-10-2013, 10:29 PM
AC's multiplayer mode never appealed to me. It's more boring and repetitive than Call of Duty, and that's saying something.

Flutterwhat
11-11-2013, 01:20 AM
this thread belongs in multiplayer discussion.

DeanOMiite
11-11-2013, 04:19 PM
There are obviously some things I would do differently, but AC4 is a worthy entry into the series. I mean...the smoke got nerfed, the maps aren't ginormous (screw you, ACR!), I think the characters are cool, the menus got cleaned up to a degree (or maybe I'm just used to them from AC3?), and MOST of the core gameplay elements are there. I HATE the fact that they removed chases, but I like that they put the emphasis (scoring-wise) on making a good approach. So some of their big changes are hit-or-miss, but that's ok. The only thing (and I've wanted this from the beginning) is that I'd punish runners and roofers even more. I can be ok with the idea that kill/assassinate takes priority over stun, but if some idiot is blindly running at me and I see him from across the map, I don't think that person should be able to kill me. I'm not going to go over it again but I've proposed a "relative detection meter" in several threads where basically if a pursuer runs at a target and the target is not ALSO in high profile to a point where the detection meter drops below X value, then stun > kill. The idea is that if you run around like an idiot you get stunned but you're still free to chase a high profile target if someone is point-starving or something, for example.

Overall though, I'm happy with the game. They didn't get everything right and there are some things that just make me say "really, Ubisoft?" but as a whole I think the game is fine.

Fastdealth
11-11-2013, 04:45 PM
What are the modes in AC4? I was kind of disappointed that Ubisoft removed, Steal the Artifact (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Steal_the_Artifact) , and Esort on AC3, did they add it back in AC4?

DeanOMiite
11-11-2013, 05:07 PM
What are the modes in AC4? I was kind of disappointed that Ubisoft removed, Steal the Artifact (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Steal_the_Artifact) , and Esort on AC3, did they add it back in AC4?

They did not, same modes as AC3, except they took out simple deathmatch. We've got DM, wanted, ASA, manhunt, AA, and domination. And wolfpack, and then wolfpack has two modes of it's own I guess, though I've only tried the traditional way.

Personally I think that's better. The AC playerbase isn't big enough to justify having a ton of gametypes...it spreads players too thin and makes it hard to find matches in each game type. Generally I think a short, focused list of gametypes works better, and in most games, not just AC. If you had as many players as CoD or Halo, then you can get away with changing it up and having slight differences across many playlists, but AC doesn't have that.

SleezeRocker
11-11-2013, 09:43 PM
AC's multiplayer mode never appealed to me. It's more boring and repetitive than Call of Duty.

I don't know about that. Not bashing on you though, but COD there really isn't strategy, just whoever aims and shoots first lol
In AC at least there is strategy and thinking behind it, which is why I find ACMP a lot more desirable than any typical shooter MP, but hey, each to their own and I respect that ;)