PDA

View Full Version : Edward from ACIV CGI Trailer =/= Edward of ACIV Game *SPOILERS*

RinoTheBouncer
11-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Don’t you think?

He was shown a womanizer, way too serious, a very bad-boy kinda guy, dangerous and heartless too.

In the game, he’s not much of a womanizer, Ezio was show in sex scenes both in AC2 and AC3, not to mention the references so I don’t think they’re afraid of showing that again in another AC. He’s also kinda funny and more careless and greedy than being a bad boy or “fighting like a devil”. He was brave, he was a fighter, guess that’s the situation with all any assassin, even Connor wasn’t so compassionate when he killed his targets.

I’m not looking for sex scenes nor games with sexual references but I’m just saying that they probably changed some concepts of Edward after they feedback they received for the CGI trailer of Blackbeard.

DinoSteve1
11-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Edward woke up a few times beside a woman and he seemed to have a thing with Bonnie at the end.

RinoTheBouncer
11-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Edward woke up a few times beside a woman and he seemed to have a thing with Bonnie at the end.
In the cutscene it was his wife and the whole scene felt like a dream. The other one, was on a table outdoors in that bar and in the end he felt something for Bonnie but I’m talking about him being a womanizer, a guy who flirts a lot, a guy who isn’t usually limited by a relationship. Actually he felt more like a family man here. His motives were to gain fortune to build a good house, eat good food and live a cozy life with his wife.

I actually like this Edward more than what was apparent from the trailer.

silvermercy
11-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Thank goodness for that!! I'm really glad.

There was too much talk everywhere about Edward = Ezio 2.0 initially.

DinoSteve1
11-10-2013, 09:23 PM
I liked him too, tbh there were very few women for him to interact with, Ezio had far more in AC2.
I knew one of them was a memory of his wife but I thought there were two separate occasions where he woke up with a random woman beside him, it is also seemed to be implied that Mary liked him too.

silvermercy
11-10-2013, 09:25 PM
I think that flirting =/= womanizing.

Toa TAK
11-10-2013, 11:26 PM
I think that flirting =/= womanizing.

Yup, if that were true, then I'd be a wo--

Waaait a second...

Thank goodness for that!! I'm really glad.

There was too much talk everywhere about Edward = Ezio 2.0 initially.

I'm thankful for this as well. Didn't want another "Ezio" seeing as we were with that personality for 3 games now.

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 11:45 PM
it is also seemed to be implied that Mary liked him too.
Women =/= Romance...there's this thing called friendship...

Billiam301
11-10-2013, 11:55 PM
you can have implied sex with 2 woman in your manor at great iganas :)

itsamea-mario
11-10-2013, 11:57 PM
Edward is a brilliant character.

Shahkulu101
11-11-2013, 12:05 AM
Roberts is great too, a merry life and a short one.

guardian_titan
11-11-2013, 12:41 AM
O.o Wait, Ezio had a sex scene in AC3? I played the game 3 times and missed that. Guess it was on some secret level with unicorns. Only sex scene in that game was implied and cut to black after the kiss and that was between Haytham and Ziio. Ezio was no where to be found. Unless he was watching them which is a bit disturbing. Unless you're referring to AC2 and ACB which makes more sense. :p Even then, you want a sex scene, Mass Effect with Liara's relationship says hi. Or go play Witcher.

On a more serious note,
Edward left England with the idea of making a fortune large enough where he and his family would be well off. At one point in the game, Blackbeard (if I recall, might have been Hornigold) makes a comment on Edward still fawning over his wife back in England which is the only reference to Caroline by another character in the main story until the end. This eludes to the fact that Edward wants to be there for his wife and any children they had. He knew what he wanted and Caroline gave him a purpose to that end. He just kept getting sidetracked returning home and broke his promise to her that he'd only be gone 2 years. He wanted to, but the gold was more important.

There was a lot of debate regarding the reveal trailer and people chose to see things that weren't there. Yeah, Edward was shown walking away from 2 women in a bed. Was he naked in that scene? No. For all we know, he crashed the scene while trying to run away from pursuers or killed the guy they were in bed with because he was one of his targets.

We knew since Edward was announced he was dedicated to his family. Haytham wouldn't have idolized his father so much if Edward was away from home with a lover 99% of the time. Haytham wouldn't have mentioned how lovingly his father looked at him on the morning of his 8th birthday. Edward wouldn't have taken the time to take his family out to White's or the Opera. He also wouldn't have had Jenny sent to him in the Caribbean or even taken care of her at all. He could've thrown her on the streets or into an orphanage if he cared nothing for his family. Edward could've forcibly married Jenny off since she was getting a bit up in age for an unmarried woman in the early 18th century. She really should've been married by 20. Yet Edward let her toy with her suitors. People chose to see him otherwise and are now disappointed. Ezio only had more free reign since he wasn't married and he was also a noble. Wasn't unheard of at the time for nobles to screw around. Who's to say how his life would've changed if he knew about the bastard kid he had that led to Clay.

I'd say if anything, there was more of an implied relationship between Mary Read and Edward than Anne Bonny and Edward. He reacted far more strongly to Mary's situation and him asking who the father of Mary's baby was implied something there. Why didn't he ask who the father of Anne's baby was? I doubt the two were intimate, but possible Edward was looking for someone to kill out of frustration for Mary's death. But personally, the story with Mary Read and Anne Bonny just seems so flat to me. Maybe there's more in the side quests I have yet to see, but everything's just so abrupt with those two.
I'm actually glad Edward didn't use women. That shows he had some respect for them much like Haytham apparently did (judging from his dedication to Ziio despite her ending their relationship). Connor's a given he'd respect women just due to his culture alone. Womanizers can turn out very wrong if they're not developed right and lead to an uproar with women. Women are pretty much the majority of gamers these days. Companies want to court them, not drive them away. Ezio was okay but you notice his womanizing quickly disappeared after the beginning of ACB. Why is it okay to show a womanizer but a woman who does the same thing is labeled a w****? A s***? A prostitute? What have you. Joys of double standards. It's nice to see Ubisoft had some sense and chose to be more sensitive regarding the matter. Edward could've turned out rather badly, especially since rape is only a step away from womanizing, and since he had access to alcohol which can make people violent when drunk, beating women would've also been possible. Yeah. Good way to appeal to the female audience.
It's nice to see that Edward's not Ezio 2.0. Ezio was good for his story. Edward actually had his wife in the back of his mind rather than forgetting her and going about his merry life. He had a goal and kept to it. Ezio seemed rather lost with what to do with himself at points. He really had no one to return home to at the end of the day. Claudia had her family (despite them not being seen in the games) so all he really had was his mother. And that basically just makes Ezio an Italian stereotype which isn't much better than a womanizer.

As for changing concepts after releasing a trailer, you now how long it takes to make a game or a trailer? A trailer might take a few months. A game takes years. By the time the trailer started, the idea of the game was already solid. At most, I think the only thing that changed was Edward going from brunet (judging from the one leaked screenshot that may or may not be real of Edward on a possible dock or something and the barfight trailer of him with brown hair) to blonde. Can't really change that much in such a short time frame. They had deadlines to meet. Changing a lot of things around requires those to be shoved back which makes people unhappy.

I honestly just think people chose to see things that weren't here. It's certainly common enough. Denial can be rather powerful. Besides, how often does a trailer really depict what you see in the game or even a movie? Got to love marketing and advertising.

Flutterwhat
11-11-2013, 01:10 AM
O.o Wait, Ezio had a sex scene in AC3? I played the game 3 times and missed that. Guess it was on some secret level with unicorns. Only sex scene in that game was implied and cut to black after the kiss and that was between Haytham and Ziio. Ezio was no where to be found. Unless he was watching them which is a bit disturbing. Unless you're referring to AC2 and ACB which makes more sense. :p Even then, you want a sex scene, Mass Effect with Liara's relationship says hi. Or go play Witcher.

On a more serious note,
Edward left England with the idea of making a fortune large enough where he and his family would be well off. At one point in the game, Blackbeard (if I recall, might have been Hornigold) makes a comment on Edward still fawning over his wife back in England which is the only reference to Caroline by another character in the main story until the end. This eludes to the fact that Edward wants to be there for his wife and any children they had. He knew what he wanted and Caroline gave him a purpose to that end. He just kept getting sidetracked returning home and broke his promise to her that he'd only be gone 2 years. He wanted to, but the gold was more important.

There was a lot of debate regarding the reveal trailer and people chose to see things that weren't there. Yeah, Edward was shown walking away from 2 women in a bed. Was he naked in that scene? No. For all we know, he crashed the scene while trying to run away from pursuers or killed the guy they were in bed with because he was one of his targets.

We knew since Edward was announced he was dedicated to his family. Haytham wouldn't have idolized his father so much if Edward was away from home with a lover 99% of the time. Haytham wouldn't have mentioned how lovingly his father looked at him on the morning of his 8th birthday. Edward wouldn't have taken the time to take his family out to White's or the Opera. He also wouldn't have had Jenny sent to him in the Caribbean or even taken care of her at all. He could've thrown her on the streets or into an orphanage if he cared nothing for his family. Edward could've forcibly married Jenny off since she was getting a bit up in age for an unmarried woman in the early 18th century. She really should've been married by 20. Yet Edward let her toy with her suitors. People chose to see him otherwise and are now disappointed. Ezio only had more free reign since he wasn't married and he was also a noble. Wasn't unheard of at the time for nobles to screw around. Who's to say how his life would've changed if he knew about the bastard kid he had that led to Clay.

I'd say if anything, there was more of an implied relationship between Mary Read and Edward than Anne Bonny and Edward. He reacted far more strongly to Mary's situation and him asking who the father of Mary's baby was implied something there. Why didn't he ask who the father of Anne's baby was? I doubt the two were intimate, but possible Edward was looking for someone to kill out of frustration for Mary's death. But personally, the story with Mary Read and Anne Bonny just seems so flat to me. Maybe there's more in the side quests I have yet to see, but everything's just so abrupt with those two.
I'm actually glad Edward didn't use women. That shows he had some respect for them much like Haytham apparently did (judging from his dedication to Ziio despite her ending their relationship). Connor's a given he'd respect women just due to his culture alone. Womanizers can turn out very wrong if they're not developed right and lead to an uproar with women. Women are pretty much the majority of gamers these days. Companies want to court them, not drive them away. Ezio was okay but you notice his womanizing quickly disappeared after the beginning of ACB. Why is it okay to show a womanizer but a woman who does the same thing is labeled a w****? A s***? A prostitute? What have you. Joys of double standards. It's nice to see Ubisoft had some sense and chose to be more sensitive regarding the matter. Edward could've turned out rather badly, especially since rape is only a step away from womanizing, and since he had access to alcohol which can make people violent when drunk, beating women would've also been possible. Yeah. Good way to appeal to the female audience.
It's nice to see that Edward's not Ezio 2.0. Ezio was good for his story. Edward actually had his wife in the back of his mind rather than forgetting her and going about his merry life. He had a goal and kept to it. Ezio seemed rather lost with what to do with himself at points. He really had no one to return home to at the end of the day. Claudia had her family (despite them not being seen in the games) so all he really had was his mother. And that basically just makes Ezio an Italian stereotype which isn't much better than a womanizer.

As for changing concepts after releasing a trailer, you now how long it takes to make a game or a trailer? A trailer might take a few months. A game takes years. By the time the trailer started, the idea of the game was already solid. At most, I think the only thing that changed was Edward going from brunet (judging from the one leaked screenshot that may or may not be real of Edward on a possible dock or something and the barfight trailer of him with brown hair) to blonde. Can't really change that much in such a short time frame. They had deadlines to meet. Changing a lot of things around requires those to be shoved back which makes people unhappy.

I honestly just think people chose to see things that weren't here. It's certainly common enough. Denial can be rather powerful. Besides, how often does a trailer really depict what you see in the game or even a movie? Got to love marketing and advertising.

amen

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 01:21 AM

On a more serious note,

Fantastic points (especially those under the spoilers). Thank you! :)

ladyleonhart
11-11-2013, 02:10 AM
I haven't finished ACIV yet. So, I still have some story to go. However, I love the way Edward has been portrayed so far. :D His portrayal in the trailers was kind of what I was expecting, but I'm really glad he is not like the CGI trailers suggested. His character and lol, even his appearance are so much better in the actual game. ;) Great voice-acting too, thanks to Matt Ryan. :)