PDA

View Full Version : MMDoCKing-Cup #1 - The Loser Takes It All - Saturday (16.11.2013)

Enclase
11-10-2013, 02:29 PM
*UPDATE* - Dangerous Research is banned - coz op! :)

Sorry for the little wall of text :) Hope a lot of you will participate!

On the next weekend our first MMDoCKing-Cup is taking place- with really special rules (thanks to winlu!) ;-)

Everyone can participate, we have no max. limit! Since we are playing in a single elimination system, it will not take too long if 256 or even more players would participate.

Rules

We have really special rules, because in our first MMDoCKing-Cup the loser is the winner ;-)

- The tournament is starting on Saturday, 16.11.2013 @14:00 Paris time! If you wanna participate, you should have some time for it – can be a long day! The cast of the semi-finals and the final will start @around 19:00 Paris time on twitch.tv/theenclase. The stream will be online the whole day to show some information about the tournament, but the cast is starting earliest at 19:00 Paris time!

- You are winning your match, if you lose it! That means, you have to fall below 1 healthpoint to win the match!
- Deckchanges are allowed as often as you wish, only one banned card - DANGEROUS RESEARCH IS NOT ALLOWED IN THIS TOURNAMENT!
- Surrendering is of course not allowed…If you surrender, you have lost the match! ;)
- Every participant has to add the DoC-Nicks ‘MMDoCKing1‘ – ‘MMDoCKing2‘ and ‘MMDoCKing3‘ as a friend in the game! With this accounts you will be able to talk while the tournament is running. That has the advantage, that we can see who is not there instantly – and you can easily send questions and stuff while the tournament is running.

- We are using a simple single-elimination system – If you lose a matchup, you are out!

- Till we reach the top 64, every game is best of 1! That means one game is deciding!
- The matches of the top 32 till the final will be best of 3!
- The final and the final for the third place will be best of 5!

- You can register with a Challonge-Account here: http://mmdocking.challonge.com/tournaments/signup/FRIWCi6Tbs - Please register with your InGame-Name!

If your Challonge-Account has a different name, just go after the registration to ‘Your Name or Team’ and change it into your DoC-Nick :)

Picture to see where you find it (http://mmdocking.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/yournameorteam.jpg)

The winner of each round has to report the result by his own on challonge. If you have questions / posted a wrong result, just talk with the ‘MMDoCKing’-Support-Accounts, which you have in your friendlist ;-)

READ CAREFULLY

Registrations on Challonge with wrong nicks will be disqualified! We need your DoC-Nick on Challonge!

If you have not added the 3 ‘MMDoCKing’-Accounts till the tournament is starting, you are disqualified!

After a new round has started, you have to start your game within 10 minutes. If you are not responding, you are disqualified!

You can stream and talk about your matches till the semi-finals! It would be nice to see in your description of the stream, that you are playing the MMDoCKing-Cup – so we would have some advertising :)
If you reach the top 4, you are not allowed to stream your matches longer or to talk about the results!
We will cast the semi-finals and the finals and the viewers should not know how it ends. That means also, we only need the replays of the semi-finals, the final and the final for the third place.

Make sure to play the tournament not via Steam, since the replays are not tracked correctly if you play not with the normal client!

Questions? Feel free to ask :) I will respond as soon as possible.

http://mmdocking.com/mmdocking-cup-1-saturday-16-11-2013/

Bazaltovy
11-10-2013, 03:15 PM
You have my sword!

Enclase
11-10-2013, 03:38 PM
You have my sword!

Sure that it isn't a kitchen knife? :/

Durendal100
11-10-2013, 04:09 PM
I am doing testing now, it looks like this will be the most interesting tournament so far. Didnt have so much fun while deckbuilding since weeks :D

jkk89
11-10-2013, 04:31 PM
I'm in. So first Tyrion & really0riginal, now You, awesome work guys:)

I have already a pretty good idea for a deck.

Faulesai
11-10-2013, 05:13 PM
i'm in too, even if you destroyed the 30 mins of work for a dangerous research deck with your little update. ;)

LQDBrunt
11-10-2013, 05:16 PM
IIIIIINNNNNNN!
Already have the deck :)

Thorontir
11-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Count me in.

And I think you should change the rules into worst of 1, worst of 3 and worst of 5, just to keep with the tournament spirit ;)

Enclase
11-10-2013, 05:35 PM
IIIIIINNNNNNN!
Already have the deck :)

Make sure to register on Challonge, dont see you there so far.

Im already excited to see if you are also the master of not winning a game! :)

LQDBrunt
11-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Make sure to register on Challonge, dont see you there so far.

Im already excited to see if you are also the master of not winning a game! :)

Did!

I just not won vs Durendal three times, meaning I'm capable :)

Ipwnfour
11-11-2013, 10:48 AM
I wish I could join! I'm home at 16:00 so unfortunatly I cannot join the fun...

bGata
11-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Finally, this is my tournament :D

Pjovejas
11-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Are there any other rules? Because, well... a match where you win if you loose actually will be two solitaires in one screen and the only intrigue, which will faster deal damage to the owner. I mean, the interaction will be weaker than in slow pokes/OTK (many cries about it :)). So, there should be some "requirements".. well like "you must atack with creatures at least for 10 times" or something like that... :)

jkk89
11-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Well U can attack with creatures. Double cursed bounds on 1 DA and You are dealing 9 dmg to yourself and only 4 to the opp. Just an idea. If U like playing with creatures there are plenty of strategies to kill Yourself (frenzied maniac from inferno, Dijinns from Academy...). Let's be no rules so the best strategy wins.

Pjovejas
11-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Well U can attack with creatures. Double cursed bounds on 1 DA and You are dealing 9 dmg to yourself and only 4 to the opp. Just an idea. If U like playing with creatures there are plenty of strategies to kill Yourself (frenzied maniac from inferno, Dijinns from Academy...). Let's be no rules so the best strategy wins.

I know that, but this is not the case... possibly there will be the only strategy "pump your djin and sac it with event... and that is not very interesting... just saying

Uraxor
11-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Are there any other rules? Because, well... a match where you win if you loose actually will be two solitaires in one screen and the only intrigue, which will faster deal damage to the owner. I mean, the interaction will be weaker than in slow pokes/OTK (many cries about it :)). So, there should be some "requirements".. well like "you must atack with creatures at least for 10 times" or something like that... :)

Thought as much at first as well, but after some playtesting I can confidently disprove that. A knowledgeable opponent predicts your plays and has counters in his deck.
If taken seriously, this has much more depth than it might seem at first glance :)

However already some luck-based matchups already emerging .. :/

PresidentEth
11-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Sounds fun, will certainly join if I manage to create a worthy deck.

SpatulaOfDoom
11-12-2013, 08:42 AM
This is at 5am local time for me... if I somehow manage to be awake at this time, I will join.

atord-Nordos
11-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Sounds like fun, actually.

Revalon
11-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Sadly can neither participate nor watch, but sounds so damn great.
Will surely be interesting what combos will show up here.

Btw, would be funny with the old Ammar. Most efficient self mill ever.

Dipl0mate
11-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the initiative, it definitely sounds fun.

I was wondering, what is the tournament policy regarding draw ? With tower for instance, is there not any draw possibility ?

fatbeatfili
11-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Make sure to play the tournament not via Steam, since the replays are not tracked correctly if you play not with the normal client!

So we can not play with the steam client version at all?

I am asking because the normal one is too unstable for me and it has too many crashes, and well the steam one does not.
A few bugs here and there but thats all.

Enclase
11-13-2013, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the initiative, it definitely sounds fun.

I was wondering, what is the tournament policy regarding draw ? With tower for instance, is there not any draw possibility ?

Rematch :D

@fat

Im almost sure that the client is exaclty the same ^^ just an other launcher via steam.

fatbeatfili
11-13-2013, 01:07 PM
@fat

Im almost sure that the client is exaclty the same ^^ just an other launcher via steam.

Well seeing as how a lot of times i can't even start the game from the normal one i will have to disagree.
And while i had a lot of crashes per day from the normal one and well only 3 in the last week on the steam one, well that just seems to be more stable to me. :nonchalance:

Kimundi
11-14-2013, 12:12 PM
I sure will follow it! So much fun in perspective ;)

Kimundi
11-14-2013, 12:13 PM
And I do confirm, the game is exactly the same wether you launch via Steam on our launcher. So I've been told :)

fatbeatfili
11-14-2013, 11:48 PM
And I do confirm, the game is exactly the same wether you launch via Steam on our launcher. So I've been told :)

Well i admit i did not go and check all the game files to see if they realy are identical but the thing is that the game is more stable when i launch it via steam, while i had some problems occur even there,
but well there were/are less of them then when i launch it with the normal game client.
The most critical error for me on the normal one was that once the game crashed i was unabble to log back in until i unistaled and reinstaled the game.

Well now i know this is way off topic but my actual point is, well rather it's a question.
Can we play via the steam launcher (well if there are any others that would do that), and if by some chance,
like having banana god on our side, we/me (whichever) do get into the top 4 we just relog on the non steam one and well pray to the banana god that got us there that we dont get a crash.
Since, like you stated yourself you only need the replays of the top 4.

And sorry for all the typos and grammar fails.

AS_UR
11-14-2013, 11:54 PM
i signed in but replaced the "-" into "_" shouldnt be a problem or? website simply told me ur name cant include an "-" i just wanted to inform u about that and thx for doing it will be fun!

Revalon
11-16-2013, 02:35 AM
Is anyone gonna stream his games?
I won't be able to watch the finals, so I'd love to maybe at least see some games.

Enclase
11-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Some changes:

1. Because of the low number of participants, we play best of 3 for the top 64, not only for the top 32!
2. I will play by my own, the organization is not so hard with less than 100 players...so i should have enough time to play by myself :) All information an organization will also be on the stream -> easy!
3. No response from Ubi so far, so the prize will only be gold and the Founders Pack for the winner :)

Stream will start @13:30...Questions and stuff you can post there :)

Greetz,
Enclase

Enclase
11-16-2013, 01:48 PM
I've deleted the list of participants. Join the stream and register again if you wanna participate. Time till 14:05!

http://mmdocking.challonge.com/tournaments/signup/FRIWCi6Tbs

Enclase
11-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Results incl. Decks and Replays:

http://mmdocking.com/mmdocking-cup-1-the-results/

Thanks to all of you for participating :)

LuziferXYZ
11-16-2013, 10:28 PM
It was fun to watch such a tournament. :)

AS_UR
11-17-2013, 01:02 AM
Thx for organising, was fun and lookin forward to the next cup ;-)