PDA

View Full Version : Question about the new US campaign. Is it supposed to work?

XyZspineZyX
12-05-2003, 06:01 AM
I downloaded and upgraded IL-2FB with the 111->121 patch. The US campaign shows up in my campaign selection menu but when I select it, all the input boxes go blank. If I just hit "ok" to try and launch into the campaign anyway, I am bounced back to the IL-2FB main menu. All the other campaigns still work fine.

I also have another question. I've read some mention and have seen screen shots of palm trees (IE Pacific maps) for IL-2 FB. Are these included within the 1.21 patch and if so, what are the map name(s)? If they are not, do I have to download them from somewhere else?

Thank you

XyZspineZyX
12-05-2003, 06:01 AM
I downloaded and upgraded IL-2FB with the 111->121 patch. The US campaign shows up in my campaign selection menu but when I select it, all the input boxes go blank. If I just hit "ok" to try and launch into the campaign anyway, I am bounced back to the IL-2FB main menu. All the other campaigns still work fine.

I also have another question. I've read some mention and have seen screen shots of palm trees (IE Pacific maps) for IL-2 FB. Are these included within the 1.21 patch and if so, what are the map name(s)? If they are not, do I have to download them from somewhere else?

Thank you

XyZspineZyX
12-05-2003, 11:19 PM
Nope, You'll have to wait for the expansion pack!

XyZspineZyX
12-06-2003, 12:04 AM
The palm trees are in the Island map. I don't remember the number but it is at the bottom of the list. You can access it through the mission builder & write a mission for single player or use it as an on-line map. There are two sets of islands on opposite sides of the map with air bases. If you need more info on building missions, that is a whole different ball game.

XyZspineZyX
12-06-2003, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the information about the US campaign and Pacific maps. I was checking out the Ardenne Forest and Norway maps in the mission builder but didn't check any of the online island maps. I'll check again.

It's odd they put a US campaign option into the game and then left it disfunctional until the expansion. I can see doing this prior to another regular patch that makes it work, but why stick something useless in there that the expansion could have put in?