PDA

View Full Version : Were you guys honestly satisfied with this game? (MIGHT BE SOME SPOILERS)

Ardil
11-10-2013, 12:50 AM
Did you like this game? In my opinion this game might be the worst AC in the series. Sure the grapichs and animations are great of course, even though it's not something new since it's been used in AC3. The story was just terrible with really repetitive main missions and with an ending as just a big question mark. When Blackbeard dies, it didn't really have any impact since he wasn't in the game long enough to be connected to. You wan't to get the same emotions like when Ezios family dies. In the ending when Edward was looking at the empty table and seeing everyone who died was a good scene but it didn't have any impact except for Mary being dead because she was in the long enough to be connected to unlike Blackbeard.

Edward wasn't the cool guy like the trailer to the game portraited him like. I get it he's a pirate and he is looking for treasures and money and living free. Even though he knows the plans the templars have with the powers of the observatory he still didn't care for the freedom of the people but was only thinking about the money. It wasn't after EVERYBODY freaking died til' he realised what a ******bag he was and then decied to join the assassins. The whole Oracle thing was just boring. In the end when the IT guy ends up being the Oracle was actually preatty cool but then he gets shot and just made me wonder why he was going to be introduced and then killed of in the same game (There won't be a new Oracle for at least a hundred after an Oracle dies I think, might be wrong on this)

A big question I have with this game is; Why is Juno so weak? I mean in the ending of AC3, she was at the top of her game abd suddenly she's too weak? Too big of a plot hole.

What is good with this game is all the secondary things. There is a lot of things to do which is good both in the Animus and outside. The whole ship thing is good and I like it, but that can be a hit or miss with people. I loved all the conspiracy things outside the Animus with the memos and recordings and evaluations of different protagonists for the movie.
The grapichs in this game is absolutely gorgeous on console and might be more beautiful on PC.

If this game wasn't an AC game, It would have been an amazing game but this is Assassin's Creed we are talking about therefore if you compare this game to the other games in the series. This game is not good

My list of the best to worst Assassin's Creed:

AC2
AC: Brotherhood
AC: Revelations
AC3
AC1
AC: Black Flag

This is just my opinion and I thought I'd just share.

silvermercy
11-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Based on what you said I will love this game when I play it. lol

Ardil
11-10-2013, 12:58 AM
The secondary things is what you should be playing it for. You won't get any answers from anything in the main things except for confirmation of Desmonds death.

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 12:58 AM
When Blackbeard dies, it didn't really have any impact since he wasn't in the game long enough to be connected to.
Okay, understandable...although I think he had more screen time than Ezio's fami-

You wan't to get the same emotions like when Ezios family dies.
What :|

Also, wtf is an oracle?

Yes, i was MORE than satisfied with this game. best AC for me. I don't let just one element of the game bring it down for me, sorry...I thought the story was okay, not as strong as AC I's and AC III's but it was pretty good. I thought Edward's progression was great and just to let you know...this is the best received AC since AC II...so yeah...just sayin` it's not a hit or miss...

The plot hole is not a plot hole..Juno was always a computer AI roaming the network. I don't know what "top of her game in AC III" did you see, but you're just wrong there..

silvermercy
11-10-2013, 01:02 AM
Okay, understandable...although I think he had more screen time than Ezio's fami-
What :|

LOL Exactly.
Personally, I tend to like things that people who liked AC2 didn't like. ^^

And yes, this is one of the best-received games so far, so it is a bit strange to hear someone say that didn't like it so much... oh well...
I have a feeling i will love it. :)

Ardil
11-10-2013, 01:04 AM
Rogers (Black Bart) is an Oracle. It's true that Black beard had more screen time than Ezios family but if you think about you did more with Ezios family (collecting feathers, fighting and competing to the church rooftops with your brothers. Giovanni just being an awesome character)

Kaschra
11-10-2013, 01:04 AM
This game is amazing, probably my fave out of the franchise.

Blackbeard had more screentime than Ezio's family.
I love the story and the ending is one of the best in the franchise imo
The ending with the table scene had a HUGE impact on me.
I'm SO glad that Edward wasn't the "cool guy from the trailers". That would have been utterly boring.
I really don't get why you think Juno was strong and at the top of her power in AC3. Because... she was not.

LOL Exactly.
Personally, I tend to like things that people who liked AC2 didn't like. ^^

Then you have a problem, because I like both Ac2 and AC4 ;D

Ardil
11-10-2013, 01:05 AM
I forgot to write that all you did with Black beard was just fighting there wasn't anything more to it.

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 01:08 AM
Rogers (Black Bart) is an Oracle. It's true that Black beard had more screen time than Ezios family but if you think about you did more with Ezios family (collecting feathers, fighting and competing to the church rooftops with your brothers. Giovanni just being an awesome character)
It's sage, not Oracle :|

I forgot to write that all you did with Black beard was just fighting there wasn't anything more to it.

Also, You got to be tutored by Blackbeard, Help establish Nassau with Blackbeard, find medicines with Blackbeard, Siege Charles-towne with Blackbeard, save Blackbeard from British and fought numerous times alongside him....dude....what?

Ardil
11-10-2013, 01:09 AM
When Desmond did as Juno told him and died. Juno then had at least more power or strength than she did in Black Flag.

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 01:11 AM
When Desmond did as Juno told him and died. Juno then had at least more power or strength than she did in Black Flag.
What are you basing this on?? she had no more power then than she does now :|

silvermercy
11-10-2013, 01:12 AM
Then you have a problem, because I like both Ac2 and AC4 ;D
LOL Ah, then I will definitely like it then from what I've seen so far, and my correlation may not longer be valid. ^_^

Ardil
11-10-2013, 01:12 AM
....dude....what?[/QUOTE]

You got to be tutored by Blackbeard = Fighting
Help establish Nassau with Blackbeard = Fighting
Siege Charles-towne with Blackbeard, = Fighting
save Blackbeard from British = Fighting

itsamea-mario
11-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Yes, hella satisfied.

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 01:14 AM
-snap-

What did you want to do?? collect feathers with and race Blackbeard??
and effing spoilers -_-

Ardil
11-10-2013, 01:15 AM
At least have some cool sequence and variations than just fighting

Ardil
11-10-2013, 01:16 AM
As I said before this game is good but I just think compared to the other AC games this isn't as good

GunnarGunderson
11-10-2013, 01:35 AM
I'm just glad the series is finally back on track after Revelations and 3. Hopefully Ubisoft realizes what they're doing right (doing something new with each game instead of rehashing the same time period for 3 games(Revelations) and not treating the player like a complete moron (3)) and keep doing it

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 01:42 AM
At least have some cool sequence and variations than just fighting
Like?? They're pirates...tell me what else you wanted to do with Blackbeard that you would'v liked...also, You managed to make out that Giovanni Auditore is an awesome character from 3 scenes?

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 01:43 AM
As I said before this game is good but I just think compared to the other AC games this isn't as good
Which is fine and dandy, i'm arguing some of the false facts in your dislike...

itsamea-mario
11-10-2013, 01:45 AM
Okeydokey, as a game, i think AC4 is really good, brilliant maybe, but as an AC game, not so much.

pacmanate
11-10-2013, 02:09 AM
You wan't to get the same emotions like when Ezios family dies. .

Eh?!

jetlee2777
11-10-2013, 05:06 AM
Well I really enjoyed playing this game eventhough in the beginning I was a little bit well skeptical as I didnt liked the idea that the next Assasins Creed game will be a pirate game,but all in all I was wrong.

And I really got used to my Jackdaw or you can said loving her.:D

The only thing that Im missing is the well sexually content in the game,which was well seen in most of the AC4 Black Flag trailers in the very beginning.

Regards,

jetlee2777

AdamPearce
11-10-2013, 05:19 AM
I did not enjoy this game has an Assassin's Creed game but as a pirate game. The Templars were meeh, the gameplay was meeh, the cities were meeeeeh, even the jungle looked meeeh compared to the Frontier.

The only thing that saved the game was the naval, which is great since it represent more than half of the game. I enjoyed it, I found it an excellent game, but jaysus I will never be able to see it as an Assassin's Creed game.

+ what's the deal with the 6years old puzzle?

roostersrule2
11-10-2013, 05:21 AM
Worst story.

Best gameplay.

AdamPearce
11-10-2013, 05:26 AM
Worst story.

Best gameplay.

The best 'land gameplay' was the AC3 one. The best 'naval gameplay' then I agree.

roostersrule2
11-10-2013, 05:53 AM
The best 'land gameplay' was the AC3 one. The best 'naval gameplay' then I agree.Nope, Best land and naval gameplay was AC4.

AdamPearce
11-10-2013, 06:51 AM
Nope, Best land and naval gameplay was AC4.

No way, the fights were WAAAAY more intense and enjoyable than ACIV one's. Same with the Tree-run. Maybe the cities weren't as nice as ACIV one's but that's no gameplay problem, it's game design.

Running animation looked better.
Fight animation were better
Parkour was better
Viewpoint animation was better
Hunting was pretty much the same.

Rithrius
11-10-2013, 06:57 AM
I love every aspect about AC4, exactly the way it is. Maybe it's because AC3 was so bad in comparison, but i have literally nothing bad to say about AC4.

Sure the whole naval gameplay doesn't make it feel like one of the previous games, but who really cares? I hate games where the sequels are exactly the same as the prequels with little to nothing new to add every time. So far, every single Assassin's Creed game has been at least slightly different from it's predecessor. AC4 is just alot of difference instead of a little bit.

RinoTheBouncer
11-10-2013, 09:10 AM
I did like the game. They brought a great character, Edward and I really find it heart to let him go after this cause Im sure they wont pull another character trilogy like the did with the great Ezio since theyre lacking innovation, creativity and story-telling. The gameplay was really fun and I honestly was never a fan of Pirates movies but this made me love it. Anyway, Id give it 9.5/10 but the Modern day, Id give it like 5 or 6/10 for the lack of ending.

CookiesAreK
11-10-2013, 09:28 AM
I thought the general gameplay was pretty good.
The storyline was a bit boring, especially being at sea for missions at a time, that was extremely boring.
On the topic of the actual artifacts, I feel the skull and observatory were lame and not "exciting" like the Apple or the Grand Temple Key (the one that you use in AC III to open the gate to the eye)
The ending was magnificent and beautiful at that.
I hate to say that I only enjoyed one half of the game whereas for the other games I've liked both the historical and modern-day sides to the story. I'm sure most people would agree that the modern day story in AC4 was pretty trash. It tells us nothing about Olivier, hacking more computers doesn't give Shaun and Rebecca more dialouge. Pretty crap.

Flutterwhat
11-10-2013, 09:37 AM

you should remember that she isn't in her temple anymore. she was better able to see and project herself in her temple then outside in computer networks

After finishing the main storyline, I am very mixed. I am one of the few who has AC3 on the top of the list as far as AC titles go, and in my opinion AC3 had the best cities. (Bias because of my fondness for the american revolution) it just felt so amazing and authentic, and I fancy myself a master of those rooftops.

Ac4's cities, besides havana, left so much to be desired. Kingston felt really scattered, with only one real recognizable landmark in the center. the rest just that city was just sort of "trying to correct boston's wrongs' since it was an english colony and they needed to make it "fun" to navigate though.

Nassau was a bit better, but it was so shabby. Like, it just looked like shabbiness. Either way, it's understandable, but as a city i don't think it's anywhere near great.

the land gameplay was better in AC3, because i think the inclusion of free-aiming was lame, and already sort of implemented in 3 anyway, just without connor holding out his pistol until you actually fired.(the focus view being missing in ac4 was terrible imo.). it felt very similar to ac3 but it also seemed...cheaper. idk. not as solid, somehow. it also lacked a certain visual verity that was only broken up by the precursor site and trips to africa and the caolinas. you've seen one fishing village, you've seem most of them!

the naval gameplay was spectacular, however.

as for the story, it all came together in the end, but edward not being an assassin (or even "accepted" by them until half way though) until the end was really bothering me. I didn't want to take any contracts or even do assassin-like things such as viewpoints or wearing the robes until Mary finally told me "do the contracts and you'll be paid" then i finally felt justified acting more assassinish.

blah, it's not the best in the series, but it is damn good in it's own right. it's beautiful, a

SenseHomunculus
11-10-2013, 02:21 PM
I think it's the best AC game so far, just *slightly* ahead of AC2/ACB strictly from the standpoint of being a great game. But I can see your ranking it last as an "Assassin's Creed" game strictly in the context of the Assassin/Templar mythology. I'm a late comer to the AC games, just started playing them after AC3 was released so maybe I'm not as "invested" personally in that mythology.

IMO it's been the best AC game in terms of character development, gameplay mechanics, atmospherics (the diving, which I've just gotten to, is amazing; I dive IRL & am not claustrophobic, but those are some nerve-wracking missions!!), music and sound design in general. I still do like Ezio slightly better than Edward but I'm just past half-way done with the storyline, so we'll see what happens.

pacmanate
11-10-2013, 02:51 PM
I wish the Observatory was more... mysterious? Idk, it didn't seem that amazing to me. I also wanted the modern day ending to at least have a cutscene at the end of the game for something.

Other than that, I really liked Black Flag and it has given me faith for the rest of the franchise. If Ubisoft can keep delivering interesting protagonists and keep the mission design/ number of side quests up like there were in Black Flag I will be happy.

One thing though, no more Naval, please. One game revolving around Naval is enough and they did it well, I don't want to be fatigued by it. If I want Naval I should think to myself "I will play AC4!". Not "I will play either AC4, 5, that spin off, 6, 6.1 and that handheld".

breakdownthewall
11-10-2013, 03:04 PM
You have to be kidding me. This has to be the best AC out of the series, although we've seen better story development in previous games. Edward is really easy to like and his ending was really touching. Also, how much time do we really spend with Ezio's family before his father and brother gets hanged? Unlike with Blackbeard, the player never got a chance to "connect" with Ezio's family. However, I will agree with you that it was more saddening to see Ezio's father and brother getting hanged than it was seeing Blackbeard die.
Overall storyline is better in AC2, but we've never had so much to do in any other AC game before. Stealth feels revamped this year which is a good thing, boarding ships never gets tiring, and upgrading the jackdaw keeps you busy for hours. I love the fact that you can't do bigger things or can't progress further if you don't upgrade your jackdaw. It brings this perfect balance to the amount of money the player has.
What I mean by that is, you always have a lot of money but there's always room for a lot more. Unlike in, say GTA V, there's a LOT of things you can spend your money on and you'll always be needing more money. There's a lot of ways to earn money too which is brilliant.

Just like everyone else though, I was somewhat disappointed with the modern-day story because of how it ended. Other than that, it was really cool coming across Shaun and Rebecca and hacking computers to find Subject 1 voice notes and Desmond files.

Sorry for the long and unnecessary read :P just my two cents.

MadJC1986
11-10-2013, 03:11 PM
I really wonder that I have not seen any complaints in these forums about the fact that the caribbean sea is basically just a patchwork of lots of tiny locations. Every location bigger than a small island is seperated by a loading screen?! 99% of the map is not accessible and mostly just forces you to sail all around which makes you think the world is bigger than it actually is.

Ardil
11-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Which is fine and dandy, i'm arguing some of the false facts in your dislike...

I really liked Giovanni in the Lineage movie. Honestly I don't know what else you could do with Blackbeard in the game but I just felt unsatisfied in how there was no variation to the whole game in general.

By the way I was wrong about the whole Juno being weak and stuff. I am sorry for that but

Another thing, in my game they don't refer to Rogers as a Sage they call him an Oracle. Am I the only one with that problem.

Ardil
11-10-2013, 04:54 PM
You have to be kidding me. This has to be the best AC out of the series, although we've seen better story development in previous games. Edward is really easy to like and his ending was really touching. Also, how much time do we really spend with Ezio's family before his father and brother gets hanged? Unlike with Blackbeard, the player never got a chance to "connect" with Ezio's family. However, I will agree with you that it was more saddening to see Ezio's father and brother getting hanged than it was seeing Blackbeard die.
Overall storyline is better in AC2, but we've never had so much to do in any other AC game before. Stealth feels revamped this year which is a good thing, boarding ships never gets tiring, and upgrading the jackdaw keeps you busy for hours. I love the fact that you can't do bigger things or can't progress further if you don't upgrade your jackdaw. It brings this perfect balance to the amount of money the player has.
What I mean by that is, you always have a lot of money but there's always room for a lot more. Unlike in, say GTA V, there's a LOT of things you can spend your money on and you'll always be needing more money. There's a lot of ways to earn money too which is brilliant.

Just like everyone else though, I was somewhat disappointed with the modern-day story because of how it ended. Other than that, it was really cool coming across Shaun and Rebecca and hacking computers to find Subject 1 voice notes and Desmond files.

Sorry for the long and unnecessary read :P just my two cents.

I agree with you totally The gameplay was great (bit sceptical if AC: Black Flag combat being better than AC3) but it's the story that really wasn't that good. I mean this game was more about Edwards life than anything about Assassins vs Templars or anything about the pieces of eden. Of course they mention these things in the game but they don't make it an important factor like the previous games.

Ardil
11-10-2013, 04:59 PM
you should remember that she isn't in her temple anymore. she was better able to see and project herself in her temple then outside in computer networks

After finishing the main storyline, I am very mixed. I am one of the few who has AC3 on the top of the list as far as AC titles go, and in my opinion AC3 had the best cities. (Bias because of my fondness for the american revolution) it just felt so amazing and authentic, and I fancy myself a master of those rooftops.

Ac4's cities, besides havana, left so much to be desired. Kingston felt really scattered, with only one real recognizable landmark in the center. the rest just that city was just sort of "trying to correct boston's wrongs' since it was an english colony and they needed to make it "fun" to navigate though.

Nassau was a bit better, but it was so shabby. Like, it just looked like shabbiness. Either way, it's understandable, but as a city i don't think it's anywhere near great.

the land gameplay was better in AC3, because i think the inclusion of free-aiming was lame, and already sort of implemented in 3 anyway, just without connor holding out his pistol until you actually fired.(the focus view being missing in ac4 was terrible imo.). it felt very similar to ac3 but it also seemed...cheaper. idk. not as solid, somehow. it also lacked a certain visual verity that was only broken up by the precursor site and trips to africa and the caolinas. you've seen one fishing village, you've seem most of them!

as for the story, it all came together in the end, but edward not being an assassin (or even "accepted" by them until half way though) until the end was really bothering me. I didn't want to take any contracts or even do assassin-like things such as viewpoints or wearing the robes until Mary finally told me "do the contracts and you'll be paid" then i finally felt justified acting more assassinish.

blah, it's not the best in the series, but it is damn good in it's own right. it's beautiful, a

Yeah the thing about Edward not being accepted until halfway the game bothered me too. I realised that about Juno after I wrote my comment. I was wrong about that. Yeah it is a beautiful game, but it being a prequel to AC3 and being a part of the AC series. It wasn't that great (I know I reapeted this a lot)

Ardil
11-10-2013, 05:00 PM
I wish the Observatory was more... mysterious? Idk, it didn't seem that amazing to me. I also wanted the modern day ending to at least have a cutscene at the end of the game for something.

Other than that, I really liked Black Flag and it has given me faith for the rest of the franchise. If Ubisoft can keep delivering interesting protagonists and keep the mission design/ number of side quests up like there were in Black Flag I will be happy.

One thing though, no more Naval, please. One game revolving around Naval is enough and they did it well, I don't want to be fatigued by it. If I want Naval I should think to myself "I will play AC4!". Not "I will play either AC4, 5, that spin off, 6, 6.1 and that handheld".

Hahaha true. I liked the Naval but it's true that it's time to let go lol

Rithrius
11-10-2013, 05:08 PM

You forgot AC3. :P

silvermercy
11-10-2013, 05:11 PM
I will agree about the naval. (It was the only part I wasn't very keen on AC3 actually! lol Even though I loved the rest).
It may be really good but it's enough for now.

KarmaTiger1
11-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Did you like this game?

It looked nice, and the story kinda held some promise, but then...

How does a guy who decides one day to become a Privateer suddenly have assassin moves without training?

Why is it when I need him to chase somebody and run in a straight line, he climbs everything in site (which kind of makes the 'climb' button pointless) but when I need him to climb he'll only do so about half the time, and jump down whenever he feels like it?

Why do they make timed chase runs over rooftops taking you past piles of leaves that, if he so much as comes within 5 feet of, he'll leap into the pile and take forever to climb out again, burning up valuable seconds?

Plus the whole "it's only a simulation so please don't include us in those news stories about violent videogames" is so tacked on and takes the player out of the story... and remembering it's only a simulation makes the whole thing pointless as it's not that character's struggle, but only some guy reliving history through VR.

Leaps in logic and poor game mechanics.

Kaynos2005
11-10-2013, 06:34 PM
In term of pure assassin's gameplay this is the worst game of the serie. If you like ship battle i guess it's the best.

jetlee2777
11-10-2013, 07:29 PM

Yeah I agree with you at this point where you said that they removed the focus view I hate that,too especially when it said in the gameplay that you have to do double air assasinations for example he only goes on one instead of both.

And yes I never understand it too why they never even in the end "accepted" him officially into the Assasins Order,as I always thought in the very beginning that he was pirate who was trained by the assasins,but this was unfortunatly wrong though.

jetlee2777
11-10-2013, 07:40 PM
It looked nice, and the story kinda held some promise, but then...

How does a guy who decides one day to become a Privateer suddenly have assassin moves without training?

Why is it when I need him to chase somebody and run in a straight line, he climbs everything in site (which kind of makes the 'climb' button pointless) but when I need him to climb he'll only do so about half the time, and jump down whenever he feels like it?

Why do they make timed chase runs over rooftops taking you past piles of leaves that, if he so much as comes within 5 feet of, he'll leap into the pile and take forever to climb out again, burning up valuable seconds?

Plus the whole "it's only a simulation so please don't include us in those news stories about violent videogames" is so tacked on and takes the player out of the story... and remembering it's only a simulation makes the whole thing pointless as it's not that character's struggle, but only some guy reliving history through VR.

Leaps in logic and poor game mechanics.

Well as far as I understand the story he was "trained" somehow a little bit from Governor Rogers at the very beginning,and was born already with that eagle vision.

pacmanate
11-10-2013, 07:44 PM
In term of pure assassin's gameplay this is the worst game of the serie. If you like ship battle i guess it's the best.

Have to disagree, I have no idea why but I WANTED to play stealthy as Edward. There were so many times I didn't have to be stealthy either, yet I would do it. When Ashraf said they placed guards/their routes to encourage stealth he wasn't lying. I love the stealth in AC4.

But here is the weird thing, I also feel like a badass. When I am on the jackdaw I just go crazy, when I am on land I become a stealth ninja

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 07:46 PM
In term of pure assassin's gameplay this is the worst game of the serie
Define pure Assassin gameplay

pacmanate
11-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Define pure Assassin gameplay

stabby stab

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 07:51 PM
stabby stab
Even if that, there's a ****load..

Kaschra
11-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Even if that, there's a ****load..
Yeah, and the assassinations in AC4 are really open again...

Ardil
11-10-2013, 08:10 PM

I agree, they portraited Edward as "a pirate trained by assassins" but they didn't show that in the game

superkootje
11-10-2013, 08:21 PM
My personal opinion:

Gameplay 9/10
Graphics 9/10
AI 7/10
Diversity 8/10
Characters 7/10
modernday 7/10
Main story 6/10
Multiplayer 8/10

I think the gameplay and the game world are awesome, amazingly made and very large.
The characters were somewhat shallow, the ideas behind them are cool, but they could've been worked out way more.
I'm not a big multiplayer fan but I do enjoy playing it from time to time, but the freakin' "passive" thing freaks me out!
As for the story, in one word: meh
The story could've been way more, they could've worked out the storyline from the previous game and continue more on that.
It's cool that we work at abstergo now as ourselfs but they could've done way more with it, same with the historical part.
Also there wasn't a cliffhanger of any sort, there was nothing to solve, nothing to look forward too...

So in total I would rate this game a 7,5 or 8.

Ardil
11-10-2013, 08:25 PM
My personal opinion:

Gameplay 9/10
Graphics 9/10
AI 7/10
Diversity 8/10
Characters 7/10
modernday 7/10
Main story 6/10
Multiplayer 8/10

I think the gameplay and the game world are awesome, amazingly made and very large.
The characters were somewhat shallow, the ideas behind them are cool, but they could've been worked out way more.
I'm not a big multiplayer fan but I do enjoy playing it from time to time, but the freakin' "passive" thing freaks me out!
As for the story, in one word: meh
The story could've been way more, they could've worked out the storyline from the previous game and continue more on that.
It's cool that we work at abstergo now as ourselfs but they could've done way more with it, same with the historical part.
Also there wasn't a cliffhanger of any sort, there was nothing to solve, nothing to look forward too...

So in total I would rate this game a 7,5 or 8.

Great points, me personally would give this game a 5.5/6 out of 10 because of what I wrote and also because I thought the locations wasn't really that different from each other, they all looked alike.

DinoSteve1
11-10-2013, 08:26 PM
After the mess that was AC3 I found ACIV rather refreshing and it got back to what made Assassin's Creed great I have a few minor complaints about it like how he knew Assassin abilities without having being an Assassin first, and that there are way too many collectables without getting anything substantial in return for collecting them and you can't unlock certain things in SP without playing MP (when Bioware did that they got crucified) but overall when I look at AC4 it is leagues better than its previous game, I'm glad I played this it was fun and I was done with Assassins Creed until I played Black Flag.

But please Ubi no more sailing we had enough, lets move on.

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 08:26 PM
they all looked alike.
you can't be serious...

superkootje
11-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Great points, me personally would give this game a 5.5/6 out of 10 because of what I wrote and also because I thought the locations wasn't really that different from each other, they all looked alike.

Yes the little island are all pretty muc alike, but when you go into the bigger cities, it's quite diverse.
Also the whole sailing thing is a big refreshment to the series.

Ardil
11-10-2013, 08:32 PM
you can't be serious...

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-wMAQSKo3hpg/UVCjDTsoGjI/AAAAAAAAChI/6TuWg1WyibQ/s624/Havana%20in%20AC4.png

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-OmJ5uDtlbFg/UVCjDYDnV-I/AAAAAAAAChI/gxeUH83PChA/s624/Kingston%20in%20AC4.png

First one is Havana the second Kingston, other than the color and the trees, what is the difference?

Ardil
11-10-2013, 08:33 PM
In the previous games there was a big difference in the cities not just the houses but everything.

superkootje
11-10-2013, 08:34 PM
First one is Havana the second Kingston, other than the color and the trees, what is the difference?

Building are different, wood and stone.
As you said the colors are different and trees are different.
There are different kinds ofbuildings, kingston has wider streets then Havana, forcing you to use different assassin techniques.
those were just some of the differences.

DinoSteve1
11-10-2013, 08:35 PM
In 3 I barely saw any difference. tbh there are so many locations in BF that its understandable that some were just copy and paste.

Kaschra
11-10-2013, 08:35 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-wMAQSKo3hpg/UVCjDTsoGjI/AAAAAAAAChI/6TuWg1WyibQ/s624/Havana%20in%20AC4.png

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-OmJ5uDtlbFg/UVCjDYDnV-I/AAAAAAAAChI/gxeUH83PChA/s624/Kingston%20in%20AC4.png

The whole architecture.

Ardil
11-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Building are different, wood and stone.
As you said the colors are different and trees are different.
There are different kinds ofbuildings, kingston has wider streets then Havana, forcing you to use different assassin techniques.
those were just some of the differences.

I guess I just got served... lol

superkootje
11-10-2013, 08:41 PM
I guess I just got served... lol
Well I do also agree with you, the cities look somewhat the same, but that's inevitable.
Cities are starting to look very different once you travel to different countries or you can travel in time :P

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 08:47 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-wMAQSKo3hpg/UVCjDTsoGjI/AAAAAAAAChI/6TuWg1WyibQ/s624/Havana in AC4.png

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-OmJ5uDtlbFg/UVCjDYDnV-I/AAAAAAAAChI/gxeUH83PChA/s624/Kingston in AC4.png

I'd tell you the difference, but that's been done for me...

Megas_Doux
11-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Kingston and La Habana looking alike???LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Lets see!!! Kingston, from what I have seen, looks pretty much like the Frontier settlements of Concord and Lexington, but A LITTLE bit more developed. An english village with mostly wooden buildings and a widespread design. Whereas La Habana is, at the time, a 200 years old SPANISH baroque architecture full of stone/masory edifications and narrow streets....

Similar, really???????????

Ardil
11-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Well I do also agree with you, the cities look somewhat the same, but that's inevitable.
Cities are starting to look very different once you travel to different countries or you can travel in time :P

Speaking of traveling in time, imagine Assassins Creed with Dr. Who influences lol that would be awesome (sorry off topic)

razmat2012
11-10-2013, 09:41 PM
hi all , so i am new to the forum and have not played BF yet. though i have it preordered for pc and am waiting(9 days). ;) i am just wondering how big the cities are? from what i seen they don't look that big. like the cities in AC2 for example. also it seems like there are not any large or tall buildings? is this the case?

Ardil
11-10-2013, 09:46 PM
hi all , so i am new to the forum and have not played BF yet. though i have it preordered for pc and am waiting(9 days). ;) i am just wondering how big the cities are? from what i seen they don't look that big. like the cities in AC2 for example. also it seems like there are not any large or tall buildings? is this the case?

The cities are not as big as the previous games and the building aren't really that tall aswell, but there are some heights like cliffs

SneakierNote
11-10-2013, 10:27 PM
I am right now enjoying the swimming part of the game. I like the fact that sharks/jelly fish and other thing can hurt you while you are swimmimg useing the dive bell.

Landruner
11-11-2013, 12:44 AM
What did you want to do?? collect feathers with and race Blackbeard??
and effing spoilers -_-

I was hoping going fishing with Blackbeard - it did not happen :mad: Lol! I believe what he meant to say that the gameplay was a bit always the same and lack of diversity and variety in the mission's designs ...Edward could have done some sabotage of other ships with Blackbeard, exploring of tomb with Blackbeard, Kidnapping the daughter of a governor with Blackbeard, or even playing card with Blackbeard...:cool:

Landruner
11-11-2013, 12:53 AM
you can't be serious...

No, actually he is right and it is in the lips of most of the critics, most of the locations notably the villages were very alike. The gameplay (Assassin only) did not change since AC2, FOR THE REST THE GAME WAS OKAY

itsamea-mario
11-11-2013, 12:55 AM
Now i'm imagining Edward and Thatch reenacting the scene in Pirates of the Caribbean, and Blackbeard keeps saying poppet and Ed is giggling behind him.

Assassin_M
11-11-2013, 01:01 AM
No, actually he is right and it is in the lips of most of the critics, most of the locations notably the villages were very alike. The gameplay (Assassin only) did not change since AC2, FOR THE REST THE GAME WAS OKAY
Uhh..how so? the locations ranged from Smuggler caves to fishing villages to plantations and those were pretty distinct and different and the cities were ALL very unique from one another.

Flutterwhat
11-11-2013, 01:07 AM
Uhh..how so? the locations ranged from Smuggler caves to fishing villages to plantations and those were pretty distinct and different and the cities were ALL very unique from one another.

Yes, but aside from having different layouts, etc, all the forts, fishing villages, coconut islands, non-city plantations, look the same.

One thing i'll say though, the characters and their actors were really fantastic. I, as Edward, actually felt as though i was their friend. I grew more emotionally connected to them then the historical figures in Assassin's Creed 2, B, R, and 3. T

he sage came as a big surprise to be honest, and i wish there was more to that storyline. (There probably will be...) I almost act like him...considering how i practically worship juno.

Assassin_M
11-11-2013, 01:19 AM
Yes, but aside from having different layouts, etc, all the forts, fishing villages, coconut islands, non-city plantations, look the same.

How is it the same?? everyone just says same and does not explain :|

How are they the same??

Flutterwhat
11-11-2013, 01:33 AM
every fisherman's village is a bunch of huts on stilts with a viewpoint and collectables. Every coconut island is a bunch of trees to climb on with some collectables and animals to hunt. Every fort has pretty much the same type of layout depending on how many defenses they have. every plantation has two little garuds out friend with a secret way to get in with some collectables and off the where house. There is a real lack of visual verity. yes, they are all different when it comes to what layout they have, and what little challenges there may be to collect things, but they LOOK the same.

Assassin_M
11-11-2013, 01:37 AM
every fisherman's village is a bunch of huts on stilts with a viewpoint and collectables. Every coconut island is a bunch of trees to climb on with some collectables and animals to hunt. Every fort has pretty much the same type of layout depending on how many defenses they have. every plantation has two little garuds out friend with a secret way to get in with some collectables and off the where house. There is a real lack of visual verity. yes, they are all different when it comes to what layout they have, and what little challenges there may be to collect things, but they LOOK the same.
Well, obviously every fort will look the same, every coconut island will look the same with different layouts, every fisherman village will look the same with different layouts, every smuggler cave will look the same, every plantation looks the same with different layout..it's not the variety in the looks..the variety is in the TYPE of location...Plantations, Fishing villages, Islands, Jungles, Forts, Smuggler dens...those are ALL different from each other..that's what I meant.

Flutterwhat
11-11-2013, 01:38 AM
Oh, well, they'r not the same then. Yeah, there is a good amount of verity with locations. visual distinction within the types, that's a small gripe really.

xx-pyro
11-11-2013, 01:41 AM
Well, obviously every fort will look the same, every coconut island will look the same with different layouts, every fisherman village will look the same with different layouts, every smuggler cave will look the same, every plantation looks the same with different layout..it's not the variety in the looks..the variety is in the TYPE of location...Plantations, Fishing villages, Islands, Jungles, Forts, Smuggler dens...those are ALL different from each other..that's what I meant.

This, and to add on to that how can the person you quoted say that the places all looked the same but with different layouts. Erm.. isn't that the point? A cohesive game with a cohesive setting but small differences AMONG those settings. I know that every plantation I did I sure as hell did in vastly different ways, using different routes, etc. Changing the layout changes the entire way you play the mission so that's a great way to keep things cohesive and unified.

Flutterwhat
11-11-2013, 01:43 AM
as i've said, it's a minor gripe. i don't even feel strongly about it.

GreatBeyonder
11-11-2013, 03:01 AM
Did you like this game? In my opinion this game might be the worst AC in the series. Sure the grapichs and animations are great of course, even though it's not something new since it's been used in AC3. The story was just terrible with really repetitive main missions and with an ending as just a big question mark. When Blackbeard dies, it didn't really have any impact since he wasn't in the game long enough to be connected to. You wan't to get the same emotions like when Ezios family dies. In the ending when Edward was looking at the empty table and seeing everyone who died was a good scene but it didn't have any impact except for Mary being dead because she was in the long enough to be connected to unlike Blackbeard.

Edward wasn't the cool guy like the trailer to the game portraited him like. I get it he's a pirate and he is looking for treasures and money and living free. Even though he knows the plans the templars have with the powers of the observatory he still didn't care for the freedom of the people but was only thinking about the money. It wasn't after EVERYBODY freaking died til' he realised what a ******bag he was and then decied to join the assassins. The whole Oracle thing was just boring. In the end when the IT guy ends up being the Oracle was actually preatty cool but then he gets shot and just made me wonder why he was going to be introduced and then killed of in the same game (There won't be a new Oracle for at least a hundred after an Oracle dies I think, might be wrong on this)

A big question I have with this game is; Why is Juno so weak? I mean in the ending of AC3, she was at the top of her game abd suddenly she's too weak? Too big of a plot hole.

What is good with this game is all the secondary things. There is a lot of things to do which is good both in the Animus and outside. The whole ship thing is good and I like it, but that can be a hit or miss with people. I loved all the conspiracy things outside the Animus with the memos and recordings and evaluations of different protagonists for the movie.
The grapichs in this game is absolutely gorgeous on console and might be more beautiful on PC.

If this game wasn't an AC game, It would have been an amazing game but this is Assassin's Creed we are talking about therefore if you compare this game to the other games in the series. This game is not good

My list of the best to worst Assassin's Creed:

AC2
AC: Brotherhood
AC: Revelations
AC3
AC1
AC: Black Flag

This is just my opinion and I thought I'd just share.

If you consider ACR a superior game to AC3, then I cannot imagine a way to assuage your peculiar frustrations.

itsamea-mario
11-11-2013, 03:04 AM
Why is AC1 so low on the list, that is THE assassins creed game.

GreatBeyonder
11-11-2013, 03:49 AM

I love that game!! The writing was easily the best until ACIII, and they still had bosses then. Combat was still a thing to be dreaded in early levels, and I was still genuinely fascinated with putting the pieces together. Still remains the best ending in my opiinion.

Landruner
11-11-2013, 04:07 AM

Yes you are right, they were plenty of different locations and different varieties and the cities were not alike I great your point there, however; the finish villages were too close each other to make a difference, the caves were quasi made on the same template, so the plantation where as well and some other things like that - I was however surprised that the Forts were not each other always cloned on the same model and layout, some as a distinctive architecture comparing to other - However since the gameplay stays the same from one fort to another it does not change the difference. In a sense, I felt like repeating the same thing each time I was going from one place to another. The most annoying thing to me were the fishing villages. I wish they could have made the Eagle Towers / travel points different and have something else to do there than collecting pieces of animus, fighting to open tavern and opening chest (already marked on the map) - I do not know some little IA/NPC radiant event like the (RDR game) would have been cool or from one village to another + a little quest or two besides the ***/Contract(s) will have sponged the repetition I felt.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that the game id bad, it is just that I would have been happier with some more varieties in the environments that 's all.

Vzmike
11-11-2013, 06:17 AM
Speaking of forts, anyone else find them to be absolutely useless once captured. They're literally there for fast travel points. Might as well have just added another town and added some diversity.

Landruner
11-11-2013, 08:08 AM
Speaking of forts, anyone else find them to be absolutely useless once captured. They're literally there for fast travel points. Might as well have just added another town and added some diversity.

Yes, the fun would have been that once in the while the fraction try to take them over...If you can reach the assailants on time you can rescue the fort, if you are too late, either you can redo an attack from the Jackdaw or you can infiltrate the fort back. It would have been nice also that they offer a bit more variety on the capture of the fort (For one fort you can fill the Governor, another you have to fight some body guards inside the main building and try to find the governor in the underground of the fort, another one you have to pass some vicious traps before reaching him, another one you have to capture him and then deliver him to other pirates for money, another one you have to kill him and delivering slave prisoner in his basement) I mean some other stuff that make a little difference than just the same scenario repeated 12 times for the 12 fort.

GreatBeyonder
11-11-2013, 08:14 AM

Not at all! They remain functional after capture. Lure enemy ships in their range and look how much free booty you get. They're extremely handy!

Landruner
11-11-2013, 08:29 AM
Not at all! They remain functional after capture. Lure enemy ships in their range and look how much free booty you get. They're extremely handy!

Yep that true and you are right, it was so obvious that I completely forgot about it how much they were useful after capture....Perhaps if they had been a bit more challenged time to time I will have remembered better how much they were functional after their capture. We call that gameplay's factor.

Ardil
11-11-2013, 10:22 AM

Dont get me wrong. It is easily one of the best games I've played. It's just that looking at it after all these games came out it, I enjoyed the others more since ubisoft kept improving the series in my opinion. It's still a great game.

Ardil
11-11-2013, 10:28 AM
If you consider ACR a superior game to AC3, then I cannot imagine a way to assuage your peculiar frustrations.

I just loved Ezio more than Connor, cause Connor was just a bit boring to me. I loved the whole Constantinople vibe, since I wasn't that intrested in the American revolution war.

LoyalACFan
11-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Nope, completely 100% satisfied. Blackbeard's death was heart-wrenching IMO, as was Mary Read's.

For the record, I felt NOTHING when Ezio's family died...

OK, I was a little depressed that they killed little 8-year-old Petruccio or whatever, but aside from that, NOTHING...

Ardil
11-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Nope, completely 100% satisfied. Blackbeard's death was heart-wrenching IMO, as was Mary Read's.

For the record, I felt NOTHING when Ezio's family died...

OK, I was a little depressed that they killed little 8-year-old Petruccio or whatever, but aside from that, NOTHING...

I agree with Mary Read. But not Blackbeard

luckyto
11-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Yes, the story is honestly awesome. I'm satisfied.PS After Blackbeard died, I went on a 2-hour rampage of sinking every British ship on the seas that I saw. No quarter. No boarding. Just down to the locker.

SenseHomunculus
11-11-2013, 07:48 PM
I thought the locations wasn't really that different from each other, they all looked alike.

For better or worse, the game was pretty much geographically and historically accurate in it representations of the locations, manmade and natural.

Have you been to many different places in the Caribbean? That region tends not to be very diverse in terms of geology and geographic features. It's pretty much all either volcanic or seabed mountains poking out of the ocean. I would defy anyone to tell the difference if they were dropped onto a remote part of Cayman Brac or Antigua. It's forest (either still jungle or cleared by humans) and beach.

The human settlements were all begun within about 150 years of each other by European powers which tended to copy each other's architectural styles, not to mention they were limited in what and how they could build by the materials at hand. But even so, there's a BIG difference between the buildings represented in the game in Kingston and Havana.

SenseHomunculus
11-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Yes, the story is honestly awesome. I'm satisfied.

PS After Blackbeard died, I went on a 2-hour rampage of sinking every British ship on the seas that I saw. No quarter. No boarding. Just down to the locker.

NO $H!T!!!!! Me too!! Thatch's death hit me really hard. I think it's because he wasn't just a cartoony pirate character but given a real story. He had a "retirement party"?? I thought that part was really funny. I think his best and most humanizing moment, the writing, voice acting and great animation, was his speech to Kenway and Bonnet here, http://bit.ly/17qMSLc I loved the quick glance at Bonnet at 0:55 before he launches into it. And one of the highlights of the game for me, the HUGE payoff of the very matter-of-fact "course it does" at the end of the speech. So well done.

SenseHomunculus
11-11-2013, 08:20 PM

It would have been fun to be able to control the firepower of the fort, maybe a mini-game of some kind? But just sitting there stationary, may not have been THAT fun, I guess... :p

Black_Widow9
11-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Use the Spoiler tag in your threads everyone unless you want to get banned. :/

pacmanate
11-12-2013, 12:52 AM
Use the Spoiler tag in your threads everyone unless you want to get banned. :/

Okay :D

AstusOz
11-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Blackbeard's death didn't really hit me hard. I felt a bit bad for Edward but that was about it. Blackbeard chose the life he wanted to lead and it was an end that I felt was in his nature. He went down fighting and that seemed appropriate. By contrast, the death of the Auditore was a betrayal and a really depressing way to go out. Giovanni chose the life he lived, yes, but the death of the other two was completely unjustified.

I was satisfied with the game, overall. Felt there should have been a final cutscene or something for the modern day aspect to tie it all together though.

SenseHomunculus
11-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Blackbeard's death didn't really hit me hard. I felt a bit bad for Edward but that was about it. Blackbeard chose the life he wanted to lead and it was an end that I felt was in his nature. He went down fighting and that seemed appropriate. By contrast, the death of the Auditore was a betrayal and a really depressing way to go out. Giovanni chose the life he lived, yes, but the death of the other two was completely unjustified.

Really? The family wasn't in the game enough for me to be emotionally invested in them at all. I felt for Ezio, like you and Edward, but that's it.

itsamea-mario
11-12-2013, 06:22 PM
The emotion involved from Blackbeards death doesn't come from our connection to him, but Edwards, it's Edwards reaction that evokes feeling, watching his friends die.

jetlee2777
11-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Well I found it sad that Blackbeard died eventhough he choses this life,as he was imo the only good guy in the game and becomes somehow a good friend/compagnion to Edward as well same with Mary dead.

SenseHomunculus
11-12-2013, 08:25 PM
The emotion involved from Blackbeards death doesn't come from our connection to him, but Edwards, it's Edwards reaction that evokes feeling, watching his friends die.

Not for me. It was my connection to him. The characterization through the writing and the voice acting were tremendous and brought him to life. Mark Bonnar did a great job with him.

shobhit7777777
11-12-2013, 10:21 PM
Yes. Completely. Got exactly what I was expecting...and then some. Money well spent. Fantastic experience. Kudos to the dev team.