PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Start Guitarcade Games (mac)

Drea_Do
11-09-2013, 11:38 AM
When entering the Guitarcade, all keys on the keyboard, except 'space' appear disabled, so cannot start game. Is this a known issue? Any fix?

thebrokentoy
11-10-2013, 03:18 AM
I'm having the same problem. Purchased on Steam and running it on MacBook Pro(2010). Even 'space' key doesn't work on mine.

Black_Widow9
11-10-2013, 10:42 AM
I haven't seen this issue.

Please create a Ticket with Support. There is an issue with the Support site at the moment that is being investigated so if you cannot access it, please check back later.
Ubisoft Support Website (http://support.ubi.com/)

Drea_Do
11-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Ticket created.

thebrokentoy
11-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Thanks dreadosam!

Black_Widow9
11-13-2013, 05:28 AM
Thanks dreadosam!
If you are having this issue too please make sure you also create a Ticket. ;)

thebrokentoy
11-13-2013, 09:45 AM
If you are having this issue too please make sure you also create a Ticket. ;)

Ticket created.

parksieman
11-14-2013, 06:30 AM
When entering the Guitarcade, all keys on the keyboard, except 'space' appear disabled, so cannot start game. Is this a known issue? Any fix?

Same issue here. Have logged a ticket also.

Drea_Do
11-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Anyone getting anywhere with support? I'm just getting nonsensical default replies pasted into my ticket :/

parksieman
11-18-2013, 07:08 AM
Anyone getting anywhere with support? I'm just getting nonsensical default replies pasted into my ticket :/

That is exactly what I am getting, Random cut and pastes that don't even address me, or offer an form of greeting or instructions. At this stage, I just want a refund of this application which failed to work as advertised. Sort this out Ubislack

Drea_Do
11-18-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm feeling the same unfortunately. This bug means you can't play or progress through the game as intended. If support had just said that there are developers working on a fix (or even said anything about the problem), then I would have waited.

ryabovsky01
11-24-2013, 10:04 PM
IS this going to be addressed? Does anyone know anything? Kind of irritated that this has not been addressed.

parksieman
11-29-2013, 02:28 AM
IS this going to be addressed? Does anyone know anything? Kind of irritated that this has not been addressed.

To be honest Ubisoft support is terrible. They aren't even doing any basic investigation or even reading the responses.

cloudtrix
12-04-2013, 12:26 AM
This is really terrible customer service. I started the ticket on 10/25/2013 that's over a month ago. My machine meets all the specs but at this point I doubt that it is an issue with the machine. There is a whole discussion on this on the steam forums http://steamcommunity.com/app/221680/discussions/0/810939350763922375/
This comment just blew me away "Thank you for providing this information. I have forwarded it over to the devs for further review. Unfortunately there is no way for me to resolve it on my end, as we don't have access to the development process"
Ubisoft, either get behind your product or refund the money. If this is not resolved soon it will be the last Ubisoft title I get.

figgy78
12-05-2013, 03:29 PM
You can actually launch the game by strumming all strings for a few seconds.. (Until the letters "Make som noise" fills up).

cloudtrix
12-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Does not work on scale warriors and s few of the other mini games. Plus playing scale warriors is required for the game objective.

drawitbetter
12-09-2013, 06:10 PM
WORKAROUND: It appears that Wacom drivers are interfering with the keyboard in Rocksmith. Unplug any peripherals, then force quit the Wacom tablet drivers from Activity Monitor. Then start Rocksmith.

Here is the official response I received from support:

>>>>>>
Sometimes, the drivers for peripherals other than the Apple mouse/keyboard can interfere with the game.

I suggest you disconnect any extraneous peripherals: gaming mice/keyboards, controllers, even non-gaming devices like drawing tablets, etc.

Be sure to also end any processes/drivers that those devices have installed on your system.
Even if the device is not connected, the drivers may still be interfering with the game.
>>>>>

User Muchachotron on the Stream forum found this link for reenabling the drivers in OSX 10.8 and earlier:
http://www.hoshimo.com/restart-wacom-tablet-driver-on-a-mac/

Otherwise it will likely need a reboot.

jtconte
01-30-2014, 02:23 PM
I also have this issue and just submitted a Ticket. I use my Wacom tablet for work on my Mac so disconnecting it, disabling the drivers and rebooting is not going to happen. No other application has this issue with the tablet so I don't get it. I hope Ubi addresses this soon as I want to use all of Rocksmith 2014's features.

CindyGK
01-31-2014, 08:16 AM
Been having the same issues. I first called Ubisoft on Dec. 23rd and didn't get anywhere. On the 7th, I've called them again and the only thing left to suggest was to re-install so i did not and that didn't work, so I called them again... they told me they would get back to me. today when I checked the status of my case they freakin' closed it! wtf? it wasn't even resolved in the first place!
Though I haven't tried disconnecting my wacom tablet and see if that's what's causing the interference. Hopefully that works, otherwise this case is pretty much hopeless.

Has anyone tried getting a refund/returning the game?

jtconte
02-01-2014, 12:06 AM
OK, my problem is resolved! I got a response from Ubi and they said just unplug the Wacom and it should be fine. I really think I tried that several weeks ago after I bought Rocksmith 2014. But I tried again, started RS and it worked! I have tried it a few more times after a reboot of my Mac and it works- for my setup anyway. I now keep a USB mouse plugged in all the time and when I want to use RS, I unplug the Wacom and launch it. Maybe something changed with that latest Steam update?

Has this issue gone away for others?

DanAmrich
10-20-2014, 10:29 PM
Are people still experiencing this issue? Are other people experiencing it using Wacom tablets?