PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] Strange things afoot in Abstergo...? [SPOILERS]

TheBigDig76
11-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Alright! Hello! I just joined a matter of a few minutes ago because I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to put this out there after I noticed this.. sorry if someone else has posted this but yeah. WARNING; SPOILERS.

OKAY! So, first thing in game at Abstergo I thought I could have spotted Shaun and Rebecca, but I let it go. But then I got to the mission where you hack your colleges computer and get to watch the clip of Desmond. :( Then I'm asked to send it on to a courier or something. So I go downstairs and I'm pretty dang positive that it's Shaun and Rebecca.

Pic;
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/299/6/6/shaun_and_rebecca_in_ac4_by_ladyve-d6rwbsu.jpg

So this brought a few interesting things to my mind. Specifically,
WHY exactly are Rebecca and Shaun there?
WHY are they dressed and allowed in there as though they work there?
WHY has Abstergo not recognized them as being associated with Desmond?!
WHAT if they were recognized and... I don't even know..

But.. despite those this leads me to a couple specific questions I would really like answered..
WHY did THEY need ME to hack a computer specifically so I would see a video of DESMOND, which I then sent to THEM?
WHAT did they need that video for?
WHAT were they going to use it for?
I really hope this means Desmond may be making an appearance, AC5 or even sooner. However that may happen.

Comments? I've played the whole series 1 through to 3 but I really don't want any spoilers from 4 though, as I just quit after this event and really wanted to put this out there. But thanks guys :)

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 10:42 AM
I didn't get why they weren't recognised either, Desmond had pictures of them on his phone.

They where there for the info you got.

Rithrius
11-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Desmond is dead. That's clear as day. As for why they wanted the video, probably because they want to know what the Sample 17 Project is, how it works, and why Abstergo is focussing on it.

TheBigDig76
11-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I'm just curious if they're trying to bring him back or something. :P They probably knew about Subject 17 and all that. I'm a really hardcore Desmond fan- so I really want him to come back :P

and roostersrule2 - yeah, that made me confused as well. it says in the video they found his bag and quite obviously his phone.. so yeah. :P

TJ_Wylde
11-09-2013, 11:10 AM
All i'll say it play the game. Keep playing and with time (past seq12) it will all get clear to you :D. I know this might be a bit cryptic but it's a fun outcome to find out yourself :D.

TheBigDig76
11-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I didn't want any spoilers, so thanks! Haha. I just was curious if this was just something that didn't necessarily have anything to do with ac4 and it was a subliminal message of sorts. :P

Pandemik HBI
11-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Anyone else find it odd that present day is first person and there's not a single mirror in the entire complex? I'm just gonna throw it out there that I think in a later game you will be revealed as a desmond clone.

TheBigDig76
11-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Oh! That would be so cool! But yeah, I didn't notice the mirror thing but I did realize that I had no idea who I was.

pacmanate
11-10-2013, 02:07 AM
Anyone else find it odd that present day is first person and there's not a single mirror in the entire complex? I'm just gonna throw it out there that I think in a later game you will be revealed as a desmond clone.

well, no. You play as yourself, having mirrors makes no sense.

roostersrule2
11-10-2013, 02:35 AM
Anyone else find it odd that present day is first person and there's not a single mirror in the entire complex? I'm just gonna throw it out there that I think in a later game you will be revealed as a desmond clone.I can't be bothering explaining why this is so wrong, so I will just say no, NO.

Rithrius
11-10-2013, 08:27 AM
I'd love it if AC4's main character was revealed to be Clay in the next game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhhQhqi_AE

RzaRecta357
11-10-2013, 08:42 AM
I'm surprised peoples first reactions aren't just they're working undercover trying to bring them down still like always.

RinoTheBouncer
11-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I wondered the same. Like Abstergo arenít stupid. I bet they donít just hire people before reviewing their whole life history and I donít think they werenít recognized in ACIII. I wonder if theyíre using the data to find Desmondís location or perhaps transfer his consciousness somewhere. God knows... There was this scene where somebody mentioned a body in a bunker at Abstergo Entertainment which made me think, Desmond is still there in some freezer or whatever...

The modern day story feels so incomplete. Where are the cliffhangers? I know Aitaís surprise was so damn unexpected and Cher/Juno was damn haunting and epic, LOL. But the story just didnít end anywhere...

Flutterwhat
11-10-2013, 09:52 AM
It wasn't a surprise to me. it wouldn't be if you've been following Assassin's Creed initiates.

TheBigDig76
11-10-2013, 09:52 AM
@Rino - That's what I was getting at! What if somehow, they're there to bring Desmond back, or move his consciousness. Maybe his mind will get put into another body- like.. I can't think of where that's from.

Also- I know the mirrors thing seems slightly weird- but first person definitely goes against AC's game style with the third person pov. So that makes me think somethings up- like they don't want you to know who you're playing as- because as far as I know Ubisoft hasn't really specifically mentioned the present day character is YOU. I could be wrong though.

But I just had another idea- since you're in there hacking all your colleagues computers and going against Abstergo by not only transferring that info out to Rebecca, but keeping it for yourself AND sneaking into classified areas - what if that leads to you then teaming up with Rebecca and Shaun and it's like old times (kinda)?

breakdownthewall
11-10-2013, 02:21 PM
As much as I liked his character, I wouldn't appreciate Desmond coming back. It just wouldn't make much sense, even if they come up with a plausible reasoning behind it. He's dead, let him stay dead!

Pandemik HBI
11-10-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm just saying it would make total sense. Desmond is dead but to think abstergo wouldn't have the technology to clone him is naive. They were still hunting him before he died. The kenways are blood descendants of desmond. If I was a writer for the series that would be the logical next step. Maybe that's why the sage thought that Juno would take your body as a host.

pacmanate
11-10-2013, 03:18 PM
It wasn't a surprise to me. it wouldn't be if you've been following Assassin's Creed initiates.

You shouldn't HAVE to be following something else to get closure to a game.