PDA

View Full Version : What did you make of the Aveline DLC? (Spoilers)

Shahkulu101
11-09-2013, 01:26 AM
SPOILERS IN OP!

I quite liked it myself, pretty fun stealth gameplay - felt like AC3 with non-telepathic A.I. This was also my first experience of Aveline, she's pretty awesome to be honest - really enjoyed playing as her. The story was a little corny and not very good in general: a boring plot line with the boring, horribly acted Patience Gibbs. Basically just steal mysterious artifact with crazy women -- END. I think the inclusion of Connor made it pretty cool though.

If you are spoiling yourself or on XBOX - No, we didn't play as him nor was he an NPC - but got a little monologue from him at the beginning. I suspect now he runs a full-scale Assassin Brotherhood now, the whole mission is focused on recruiting Patience for Connor and we got a nice little: "Your brother, Connor" at the end of the monologue.

This is irrelevant but just hearing his voice and words reminded him why he's my favorite assassin, I want another game from him but I won't be too bothered if there is not. I have already enjoyed his story and character immensely - he's a legend in my book. Love the guy.

Shahkulu101
11-09-2013, 02:47 PM
I don't like doing this but does anyone have anything to add? I'm very curious about people's opinions on this - I don't think it's really been talked about.

Rugterwyper32
11-09-2013, 02:58 PM
While I'm waiting for the game, I ended up deciding to check videos of it out seeing how apart from the main story they should be. And it certainly looks interesting. Connor clearly leads the Brotherhood at least in the Northeast coast and from what I saw of Aveline, she certainly looks like an entertaining character. Watching it actually got me more interested in Liberation HD than I already was.
After that, I'm wondering if we'll actually see Connor and Patience again. Probably not, but there's still a chance. Ashraf said he wouldn't want to make a Connor sequel and Darby said it was unlikely, but I think we're forgetting that the series has more than 1 creative director for it. For all we know, they're already starting work on Assassin's Creed 6 and they don't want a Connor sequel because another creative director and writer are already on it.
That might just be wishful thinking though.

Number_Six_1967
11-10-2013, 02:34 AM
I enjoyed the actual missions design, even if the controls let me down at certain points but as you say, the story was largely unforgettable but for the added bonus of knowing Connor is still out there. As I say, the mission design was great; it was very pre-AC3.