PDA

View Full Version : To the Developers!

Silencium-
11-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Hi there I am not sure if this post is in the right place but if it isn't I would be happy if the Moderators could move it there.

Ok so I just wanted to give some advise/help/critic to the developing Team. Ok so here is what I would likeyou guys to "fix": Back in the days when the pirates lived a "normal" captain of a piratecrew had at least 6 pistols. For example Blackbeard normally had 6 pistols, his cutlass and sometimes even some throwing axes. I REALLY like the way you made the game how it is a AC-part and a pirategame at the same time, but I am also very fustrated and sad that you couldn't manage to stick to the historical Facts. I mean the most you can carry is 4 pistols....?....as a captain....?....when you played the whole Story and you are Kind of like the king over all the oceans....?....4 pistols max. ....? I think you Kind of know what I mean, it is just that back in that time it took forever to load those pistols at least 3 times longer than in the game (at this Point I want to say that I think that it was good of you that you made Edward reload faster otherwise the game would be more boring) and thats exacly the reason why pirates especially the captains had like 6 to even 12 pistols!!! Unbelievable right? I wuld really be sooooo happy if you could patch that it would just make the whole game sooo much more fun !

I hope that you read :)

Greetings -A big fan of the game

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm pretty sure they knew this fact, but chose to avoid it since it's more on the game engine. rendering 12 pistols on the character? That's not nice for current consoles and since they wanted identical gameplay experience on current and next gen, it's unlikely that they'll do it on next gen either, so it's not as simple as "lets just add 8 guns on him" it's unnecessary and makes an easy game easier..

Landruner
11-08-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm pretty sure they knew this fact, but chose to avoid it since it's more on the game engine. rendering 12 pistols on the character? That's not nice for current consoles and since they wanted identical gameplay experience on current and next gen, it's unlikely that they'll do it on next gen either, so it's not as simple as "lets just add 8 guns on him" it's unnecessary and makes an easy game easier..

I do not think it was because of some rendering with the game engine, I just think that it would have been looking odd for most of the players to have 8 or 12 pistols around Edward - I most believe that "if they knew it?" the could not make it in the application because of the esthetic style of the character (Edward would have appearing crawling under pistols all around him, and it will have appeared a bit too much or silly and perhaps a bit unrealistic and heavy for speed and jumping skills...), Also like you mention, perhaps they did not doing it for just a question of gameplay as well.

Kagurra
11-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Also, it would be stupid for gameplay balance reasons.

But yeah, you could say that Edward only has 4 because he's an Assassin (kinda), not just a pirate captain. You don't see Blackbeard doing the stuff Edward does.

BATISTABUS
11-08-2013, 10:38 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803791-AC-IV-Black-Flag-Single-Player-GAMEPLAY-Feedback-*Do-NOT-post-SPOILERS*

I'm sure they were aware of this. If you're looking for an in-universe explanation, Edward was a really active captain and spent a good portion of his time in combat climbing and running around. Too many pistols would have gotten in the way of that.

itsamea-mario
11-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Yeah, maybe they didn't want us to be able to wipe out 12 people instantly.