PDA

View Full Version : need help with abstergo challenges! (difficult ones)

RemkoX360
11-08-2013, 05:25 PM
i'm having trouble finishing some of my final abstergo challenges in the single player ac4 game.

i would like tips and tricks for the following challenges:

pirate: section 2 - sink a level 3 hunt patrol (i have had 4 wanted-swords. they will send a man-o-war. i have sunk the fleet, but didnt pop. what am i doing wrong here?)
pirate: section 3 - plunder all smugglers dens. i am now on 4/5 and can't seem to find the last one. is this a secret den or something? maybe story related?

fighter: section 3 - disarm and kill 3 fast/agile guards. what are these guards and where can i find them? im looking all over, but can't seem to find the right ones.

these 3 are bugging me the most. if anyone has any tips on how to do them, i would appreciate it.

MIA SILENT
11-08-2013, 05:32 PM
1. Have you tried doing it at level 3 wanted instead of 4?
2. I think I remember a Den that didn't show up on the map until later in the game. Possibly after completing story mode or other side-quests
3. They are the guards that deflect your attacks until you break their defence or counter them. Just disarm them and press Y/Triangle

RemkoX360
11-08-2013, 05:40 PM
@mia silent

thank you.
1. it was indeed true what you said. it has to be a level 3 specific patrol. level 4 won't count. it just popped.
2. i can't find any on the map and i do have alot of things 100% complete. i will advance in searching stuff untill it pops then.
3. ill try to find them :)

pacmanate
11-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Remember some dens are underwater.

RemkoX360
11-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Remember some dens are underwater.

yes i know. however, all of the stuff on my map is golden. im finishing up on all chests now and im 6 animus fragments shy of having all 200. ill keep it posted if that does anything

robinthefactory
11-08-2013, 09:00 PM
i'm having trouble finishing some of my final abstergo challenges in the single player ac4 game.

i would like tips and tricks for the following challenges:

pirate: section 2 - sink a level 3 hunt patrol (i have had 4 wanted-swords. they will send a man-o-war. i have sunk the fleet, but didnt pop. what am i doing wrong here?)
pirate: section 3 - plunder all smugglers dens. i am now on 4/5 and can't seem to find the last one. is this a secret den or something? maybe story related.

fighter: section 3 - disarm and kill 3 fast/agile guards. what are these guards and where can i find them? im looking all over, but can't seem to find the right ones.

these 3 are bugging me the most. if anyone has any tips on how to do them, i would appreciate it.
Ambergris Key has a smuggler den with buried treasure.

apresmode
11-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Regarding disarming the agile guards and killing them with their weapons I got confused for a bit.

The agiles usually have white wigs and no hat.
They carry a throwing knife.
You cannot have a throwing knife in your inventory or when you disarm you will just drop their knife.
After you hit disarm you hit Y or Triangle to throw the knife back at the guard.

The key for me was not having a knife in my inventory.

plentybeef
11-08-2013, 10:05 PM
Yes, there are underwater coves. So look everywhere. An I remember fighting agiles hanging with Steed bonnet

RemkoX360
11-09-2013, 12:58 AM
the first one and the 3rd one are complete. however, i can't seem to find the last den. i have everything gold coloured on my map. i have no clue where to search or to look =/

RemkoX360
11-09-2013, 04:21 AM
so im still on this one: pirate: section 3 - plunder all smugglers dens. i am now on 4/5 and can't seem to find the last one. is this a secret den or something? maybe story related?

google gave me little information, only this location list of 5 smuggler den's:
http://orcz.com/Assassin%27s_Creed_IV:_Smuggler%27s_Den

i saw a few other players having trouble with this one unlocking:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/705969-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/67718055

so this one could be a glitched abstergo challenge!
i did every smuggler den twice, if not three times, from front to back. nothing...