PDA

View Full Version : What happened to blending animations and options????

projectpat06
11-08-2013, 08:10 AM
So, this has been asked before, but why do you think these animations to blend with people crouched around, leaning against a bar, etc was removed. They went a step back in one of the wrong areas bc AC3 did a great job getting this right. It looked like they had some cool new options in the demos.

Can someone who tweets the devs find out why this was removed???

Also possibly ask what happened to land based random events in Havana and Kingston. Havana especially got boring quick.

Kagurra
11-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Only thing I can think of is they needed the memory for other things.

Maybe it's still in the next-gen versions of the game... who knows.

pacmanate
11-08-2013, 09:40 AM
I want to know why rock climbing wasn't in this one. Really sucked, so many times I just want to climb up a cliff and I think it would fit in great. I don't care if it was pushing Edwards abilities far, it just made navigation easier and quicker which is what AC is about, parkour, getting from A-B as quick as possible.

pirate1802
11-08-2013, 09:41 AM
They went to the same place where the E3 AC3 demo camp is. :rolleyes:

pacmanate
11-08-2013, 09:56 AM
They went to the same place where the E3 AC3 demo camp is. :rolleyes:

Imagine how much cool stuff is in UbiHell now.

andreG1ant
11-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Imagine how much cool stuff is in UbiHell now.

We'll need to send a salvage team in quick, sneak in pretend you're one of them...then get the lost data! :D

shobhit7777777
11-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Good question. Funnily enough...Edward has blend animations when in a group of drunk mercs.

Blending animations were something that really enhance the social stealth experience....and its a pity that they are missing from ACBF. ItS the little details that make a difference.

Apart from that the blending works well.

Another thing I feel was a step back was the absence of the auto-walk when blending....it wasnt restrictive as you had complete freedom yet the option to remain walking was a nice addition IMO.

Last gripe would be the inability to do single assassinations as Eddie automatically does a loud double kill...

Theres a LOT of stuff still missing from the game and even the franchise to even consider it as having robust stealth gameplay.

6 ****ing games with the last being a next gen title and even then the other Ubi game outshine Black Flags from a design POV

AdamPearce
11-08-2013, 02:32 PM
6 ****ing games with the last being a next gen title and even then the other Ubi game outshine Black Flags from a design POV

That is because the other Ubi games have a proper developement time and don't come up every single year.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Imagine how much cool stuff is in UbiHell now.It's the only hell with frozen lakes!!