PDA

View Full Version : Fireteam Patches

UnckyBadTouch
11-07-2013, 11:25 PM
I would love, as I am sure others would as well, if Ubisoft implemented the ability for players to scan in patches into the game. For example the clan I belong to, Faction 5, has a graphic artists that may be designing patches for our different fireteams. I would like to be able to print that patch out, and then scan it into the game using the Kinect peripheral. PC could use web cam, PS4 could use the PS Eye.

Not sure how hard it would be to implement this into the game as I am sure the technology to do something along these lines are already going to be involved in the next ten systems as well as the PC. There are others in Faction 5 that would like to see something like this implemented. I am sure there would be desire for something like this out there among the rest of the player base.

Mister_Horse
11-08-2013, 02:11 AM
This would be great. But maybe to make it easier on the devs there could be some kind of in-game designer? Something like MS paint or the emblem creator in BO2 except with less limitations maybe

ScoutViking
11-08-2013, 07:59 AM
I think this would be really cool, however like Ferin_Sha wrote i might not need to be that complex. A simple emblem creator ingame where you can share what you create. or an img importer that converts the img to be availible ingame.

The biggest thing i could see would talk against it would be the implementation of some form of contentfilter. Im guessing Ubisoft and massive dont want masses of offensive patches floating around.

Daos_Strange
11-08-2013, 03:27 PM
I think this would be really cool, however like Ferin_Sha wrote i might not need to be that complex. A simple emblem creator ingame where you can share what you create. or an img importer that converts the img to be availible ingame.

The biggest thing i could see would talk against it would be the implementation of some form of contentfilter. Im guessing Ubisoft and massive dont want masses of offensive patches floating around.

Army of Two: 40th day had a mask creation system where you could put anything you want. The reason I mention this is because there was a way in game to report a mask as offensive. Similar system could be put in place.

Mister_Horse
11-08-2013, 03:48 PM
There could be a way to make patches somewhat harder to obtain, by making them craft-only. That way not everybody will have one and there probably wont be anything offensive. Even so I don't think offensive or mature content on a mature post-apocalyptic game would be that bad. If this were real life New York City then think about all the dead, bloody, and bludgeoned bodies that would be lying around everywhere. All the groups and organizations, they would be ruthless to anyone and everyone. If the game is aiming for realism lets not 'doll' it up by adding some little content filters, this is a mature game for mature people. If somebody doesn't like the way somebody else is talking or acting then just walk away. It will be bloody, and I don't think anyone would care if a guy plastered a 8=D on his patch and killed some bandits with his friends. /confusingangrymorningrant

Pipske
11-09-2013, 01:25 AM
An emblem creator ingame would be decent for micro transations. But in order for it to be good for micro's you would need a LOT of customization. You'd need a good interface and lots of things to choose from with even more to buy. (off topic(ish): HINT HINT: Don't have a subscription and make alot of cosmetic customization available for free and triple as much with microtransactions. x) )

txshurricane
11-09-2013, 05:07 AM
Army of Two: 40th day had a mask creation system where you could put anything you want. The reason I mention this is because there was a way in game to report a mask as offensive. Similar system could be put in place.

You could also design a logo in that game, and it would show up on your multiplayer character's shoulder plate.

tomcat62
11-10-2013, 08:28 AM
I also think, there will be a logo editor ingame like in "farCry3-Tatooedito" or at " Rockstar" the Crew-Emblem editor.

keep on gaming

Rona78
11-10-2013, 02:04 PM
I would love, as I am sure others would as well, if Ubisoft implemented the ability for players to scan in patches into the game. For example the clan I belong to, Faction 5, has a graphic artists that may be designing patches for our different fireteams. I would like to be able to print that patch out, and then scan it into the game using the Kinect peripheral. PC could use web cam, PS4 could use the PS Eye.

Not sure how hard it would be to implement this into the game as I am sure the technology to do something along these lines are already going to be involved in the next ten systems as well as the PC. There are others in Faction 5 that would like to see something like this implemented. I am sure there would be desire for something like this out there among the rest of the player base.

Things like this I Think can be implemented into the game later on but should not be there at launch.
lets be honest, its a AWESOME idea, but has Little efect on the gameplay itself.. Put devs on this kinda stuff when game is out and most buggs are sorted out.

Just my two cents on the subject..

ScoutViking
11-11-2013, 01:38 PM
@Magnetar: didnt know that, suppose its not that difficult

@Ferin_sha: im not talking about sexually implicit symbols or references to justin bieber or a twilight diss that might get some people riled up. im talking more along the lines of things that are regulated by law in most countries. and massive probably dont want that possible controversy to overshadow the game.

This is a function i could see as stated earlier featured in the microtransaction shop or as a feature for clans(or whatever they are called) where the clan creates one and all members automatically has it replace the existing SHD one.