PDA

View Full Version : LAS Mastery Resetting Itself

Pages : [1] 2

sinbaadi44
11-06-2013, 10:11 PM
My RS2014 experience is basically made up of Session Mode (15%) and Learn A Song (85%). There is no Journey Mode, and I like to frequently switch from Lead arrangements to Rhythm arrangements, so setting up a 45 minute playlist in Non-stop-Play is a no-go. Guitarcade really does nothing for me.

Anyhoo, the difficulty keeps resetting itself on a load of my favourite songs, so the next time I play all the bars are at the same height for each and every section!!

This is annoying to say the least.

What am I supposed to do about it? Just play each song like I'm playing for the first time? Go in riff-repeater and select the whole song and turn the Mastery up? That rather defeats the purpose too doesn't it?

How has this even happened? The percentage score on the song list is unaffected.

sinbaadi44
11-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Now it would appear that the mastery is reverting back to default after every play.
I played one of the songs that was back at that level, despite 90% mastery, and as I played it increased the difficulty a lot, not quite to the point where it should be for the entire song, but for some of it, and then when I exited the song it was back at the default level.....

What am I doing to cause this? I occasionally use riff-repeater, but never turn the difficulty DOWN. So why else would it default to such an easy level?

scypio42
11-07-2013, 06:54 PM
I have the same issue, even with songs I played at 100% accuracy / 100% difficulty. I just checked "Where is my mind" and it has somehow deleveled itself.

This is a bit irritating.

BatteringYam
11-08-2013, 02:29 AM
I'm experiencing the same thing, I've noticed it happen on about two dozen songs. I've had to re-level up Knights of Cydonia 4 times now. I submitted a ticket earlier today, hopefully there's a fix in the works.

Dannyb785
11-08-2013, 02:43 AM
Sorry I don't have a fix, but this same exact thing happens to me. But with other songs it doesn't reset levels. It seems to be random, but it's probably based on one tiny thing we either are or aren't doing that is causing it to not be saved. Frustrating indeed

carl_john_fred
11-08-2013, 05:51 AM
I noticed this happen to me numerous times also. I re-leveled up the songs and it happened again. Just last night I realized that it's happening when I switch My Path. There are a few songs I like to play lead on, but when I switch back to rhythm, it de-levels some songs back to the starting level.

rcole_sooner
11-08-2013, 05:58 AM
Everyone needs to put a ticket into ubisoft support. The more data they can get will help everyone.

The support link is in my sig, and the international links are in the upper right hand corner of that page.

Longjoneill4
11-08-2013, 06:02 PM
I have been waiting for someone else to make this complaint as I have the same issue. I am on Xbox. Are all of you guys on Xbox also?

sh1kamaru-
11-08-2013, 06:33 PM
I have it on PS3, somehow it seems to load things asynchronously, but if the song starts before your saved mastery is it will go back to default, sometimes just restarting the song does the trick. I only started to get it after playing nearly all my songs, so pretty sure it has to do with increased fetching time. Did you get this on a song that required retuning your guitar for instance ?

LawdogNOLA
11-08-2013, 06:43 PM
I have it on PS3 as well and it is so random that it affects even the practice tracks on the lessons. Makes it hard to level a lesson to 100%. Have to riff repeat on every practice track playthrough. It all started when I switched my path for the first time. Now it happens in random weird places. Some songs & lessons fix themselves and some are still at my beginner level every time I start.

Longjoneill4
11-08-2013, 06:47 PM
I notice it most often when I play Boston's "More Than a Feeling". This one one of the few songs that I can play pretty well. Everytime I try to play it, I am back to single notes.

mbarsott
11-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Everyone needs to put a ticket into ubisoft support. The more data they can get will help everyone.

The support link is in my sig, and the international links are in the upper right hand corner of that page.

Done, one more!

SquirrellyNinja
11-08-2013, 07:57 PM
My RS2014 experience is basically made up of Session Mode (15%) and Learn A Song (85%). There is no Journey Mode, and I like to frequently switch from Lead arrangements to Rhythm arrangements, so setting up a 45 minute playlist in Non-stop-Play is a no-go. Guitarcade really does nothing for me.

Anyhoo, the difficulty keeps resetting itself on a load of my favourite songs, so the next time I play all the bars are at the same height for each and every section!!

This is annoying to say the least.

What am I supposed to do about it? Just play each song like I'm playing for the first time? Go in riff-repeater and select the whole song and turn the Mastery up? That rather defeats the purpose too doesn't it?

How has this even happened? The percentage score on the song list is unaffected.

This thing is so buggy it's a joke, if it's not doing this nonsense it's locking up completely, and when on earth are we little old Europe going to be able to import RS1 songs like they said we could? :mad:

This is a problem we're looking to address in the next patch. However, it does still help to do as rcole_sooner described and fill in tickets with details about the mastery issues you're experiencing.

sinbaadi44
11-09-2013, 12:06 AM
This is a problem we're looking to address in the next patch. However, it does still help to do as rcole_sooner described and fill in tickets with details about the mastery issues you're experiencing.

That's good, and I have, although it's tricky to give details since it appears so randomly. If I had to say, I'd say it's since switching path to Bass for the first time, I hadn't thought it could be that till I read the post by Lawdog.

It's certainly encouraging that these issues are being dealt with. Here's hoping for a great patch job along with some of the little things people have been requesting,

yojulia
11-09-2013, 11:58 AM
I found this levelling annoying too. The levelling randomly reset on random songs even though ive mastered them. Is the developer working on a patch ?

sh1kamaru-
11-09-2013, 04:01 PM

I’d love to, however, here’s what I get:

Nous rencontrons un problème technique avec la page que vous tentez d'ouvrir.

Nous nous excusons pour les désagréments et travaillons pour résoudre le problème aussitôt que possible. En attendant, s'il vous plaît cliquez ici pour retourner à la page d'accueil

which roughly translates to: We currently encounter a technical issue with the page you’re trying to open. We apologize for the trouble and are working to resolve this issue ASAP. Please click here to go back to the home page

I’m able to consistently reproduce the issue on spirit of the radio rhythm, it started to happen once I got the synth part in master mode, and it started to happen this way too for For A Fool, could this be related ?

yojulia
11-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Rite Ive send a ticket to Ubisoft.

ragin666666
11-10-2013, 01:37 AM
I've just cured the issue on my ps3. It was initially caused by riff repeater which has been buggy as hell from day one. Tonight was the first time tho that it caused my songs to stop levelling up. It seemed to be only songs I had never played before. I tried many different things to cure it and ended up raising a ticket a couple hrs ago. Since then however I have fixed the issue. I knew riff repeater was the cause so I started there. All I did was go on "learn a song" then chose a song that wasn't levelling up. I then selected "play song". As soon as able I pressed "O" on ps controller to bring up riff repeater. I put the difficulty slider onto 100% on the currently highlighted phrase (the first section). Then I selected "resume song" from near bottom of list. I played the song. When the song was over the results showed it with the mastery still on 100% for section 1 and varied levels for the remainder of song. I pressed continue "X" and the song was still updated with my progress. I tried 5 more songs that hadn't worked and they r all now fine again. I'm certain the issue was caused and cured by riff repeater. I've only ever played as "lead" so it's not a path related issue. It only started after I quit riff repeater before I'd mastered a section that I had been moving the difficulty level up manually to save time. I think that was the cause. Hope this helps somebody. Good luck!

Ragin666
11-10-2013, 07:39 PM
I've just cured the issue on my ps3. It was initially caused by riff repeater which has been buggy as hell from day one. Tonight was the first time tho that it caused my songs to stop levelling up. It seemed to be only songs I had never played before. I tried many different things to cure it and ended up raising a ticket a couple hrs ago. Since then however I have fixed the issue. I knew riff repeater was the cause so I started there. All I did was go on "learn a song" then chose a song that wasn't levelling up. I then selected "play song". As soon as able I pressed "O" on ps controller to bring up riff repeater. I put the difficulty slider onto 100% on the currently highlighted phrase (the first section). Then I selected "resume song" from near bottom of list. I played the song. When the song was over the results showed it with the mastery still on 100% for section 1 and varied levels for the remainder of song. I pressed continue "X" and the song was still updated with my progress. I tried 5 more songs that hadn't worked and they r all now fine again. I'm certain the issue was caused and cured by riff repeater. I've only ever played as "lead" so it's not a path related issue. It only started after I quit riff repeater before I'd mastered a section that I had been moving the difficulty level up manually to save time. I think that was the cause. Hope this helps somebody. Good luck!
..... And tonight it doesn't work again. Tried exactly what I tried last night but this time no joy. Sigh

yojulia
11-11-2013, 05:01 AM
..... And tonight it doesn't work again. Tried exactly what I tried last night but this time no joy. Sigh

Have u submitted a ticket to ubisoft coz i did. What
I wonder how the rest of RS2014 players here deal
With it ?!they just play thru riff repeater set st 100%
each time n keep quiet??or is this an isolated case
Or a major bug??

Kamahl_rg
11-11-2013, 06:41 AM
i have the same problem...

Im very disapointed, i bought the original Rocksmith and it became unplayable after getting DLC (and they never cared about fixing it),i thought i would finally be able to make some progress but its basically the same because the game doesnt save my progress.

I just hope this patch doesnt take 6 months to be released...

nadeboy22
11-11-2013, 12:46 PM
I have the same issue. Though I was just imagining things in the beginning! Lol! Glad to see it really is a bug. Hopefully it gets patched very soon.

This issue and the missing RS1 import pack are the 2 things they need to get resolved ASAP. Dunno how this could have been missed, seeing as it is at the core of the game functionality.

sinbaadi44
11-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Well they're aware of it and "looking to address this in the next patch". It's clear it wasn't tested very thoroughly, though. This is a major flaw of a basic fundamental game function, and it certainly is not up to the standard you expect from such a product.
Why they've moved this to the quieter part of the forum I'm not sure, though the section titles are certainly ambiguous.

xArbilx
11-11-2013, 08:37 PM
I'm on xbox and this just started happening to me out of nowhere it seems. For just about every song...and I have played A LOT.

likeabigdawg
11-13-2013, 07:44 AM
Same here. PS3. It's not all of the songs but quite a few. I did go into Riff Repeater and toggled some settings, like turning show mistakes, on and off and that seemed to rectify it for that play session. But the next day, same song was reverted back to beginner level. I submitted a ticket but was told they would pass it on upstairs and for me to continue playing as is. I love this game but don't know
if it's even playable in this state.

Guetiger
11-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Also have the same Problem...
I opened a support ticket (German support site)

Hopefully this gets fixed soon - that makes the game unplayable

Makurosu
11-13-2013, 04:35 PM

Thanks. I just placed a ticket for the PC version. I'll also post my information in the bug thread if a similar crash issue hasn't also been posted about there.

I noticed the las reset bug the other night while doing non-stop play. Most of the songs were reset to 0% progress. I've seen this when manually selecting songs in LAS, as well.

The game started crashing on me last night when I attempted to max out one of the songs that had been reset one section at a time. The crash kept occurring after leveling up the first section, and then moving to the second.

Yonda1960
11-13-2013, 08:48 PM
Damn, just had this bug on PS3 Knights of Cydonia which I'd mastered up to 75%, now it's at 30% :mad:

I'm going to raise a support ticket.

citation440
11-13-2013, 10:37 PM
This has progressed to the level that it's happening on every song for me now, making LAS mode essentially unplayable unless I feel like subjecting myself to the irritation of individually leveling up every section of a song every time I play to reflect my progression. Patch please.

Guetiger
11-14-2013, 10:00 AM
The aswer to my support ticket for this problem was:

Das Spiel speichert Ihren Fortschritt nur dann wenn Sie am Ende des Songs im Ergebnissbildschirm "Bestätigen" drücken. Bitte stellen Sie sicher das Sie innerhalb des Ergebnissbildschirms immer "Bestätigen" drücken bevor Sie zur Songliste zurückkehren.

Which would translate to:

The game only saves your progress if you push "confirm" in the result screen at the end of the song. Please assure that you always push "confirm" within the result screen before returning to the songlist.

Did they ever play the game on the PS3? How would you be able to "not confirm"???
I replied that it didn't help - looking forward to the next answer ;-)

sinbaadi44
11-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Besides how would that erase previous progress?
People have spent hours and dozens of play-throughs getting to a certain mastery, with each section a good indication of their level (it's not like a blanket "easy/medium/hard" setting like score attack), and with no warning or reason the mastery is reset? This isn't about not letting the game save your progress, it's about corruption or failure to read save data.

It's about "Learn A Song" being an utter waste of time and space, You'd have spent your time better in the arcade mode Score Attack.

exolstice
11-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Noticed this problem on PS3 as well. I'd just been mostly replaying all the DLC and RS1 songs for the first time, but last night I went back to R U Mine? which was at 80% mastery but with all sections less than 50% leveled. A lot of other songs were like that as well.

Yonda1960
11-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Just had an update from support on my ticket which appears to differ from Guetiger's answer:

Ubisoft Support wrote:

Thank you for highlighting this issue to us, we really appreciate you taking the time to report this.

We have passed this information on to the appropriate department and as soon as we have a solution it will be posted on the official web-sites.

www.ubi.com

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/806301-LAS-Mastery-Resetting-Itself-Forums

If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further.
It even points me at this forum topic so they must know this is going on.

Guetiger
11-15-2013, 10:28 AM
That reply sounds better Yonda1960!

The second reply i got was like "Be sure to really confirm" - the same like the first, but with special emphasis on "confirm" ;-)

I don't know about ubisofts support structure - it could be that the german support doesn't know what's going on...

exolstice
11-15-2013, 02:54 PM
R U Mine? keeps resetting itself! This is really getting annoying!

RSDAVE
11-15-2013, 09:35 PM
OK, so I'm not the only one... Good !

I had "Run to the Hills" almost all levelled on bass and it all magically disappeared last night. On a PS3 as wel.

Kirei85
11-16-2013, 09:58 PM
R U Mine? keeps resetting itself! This is really getting annoying!

Same here.... PS3 and I realized it with R U Mine?, too.
But it setting the difficulty lower after everytime I play. First I got the feeling he middles all the section, what would be kind of okay. But after mastering almost all section and then resetting it to a state where I could only get 42% was really annoying.

I have the same behaviour with paint it black, Just got to be by the Black Keys and some others.

bradiam
11-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Yes, very annoying bug indeed. It's happening on loads of my songs. Actually almost all of them. Even if I manually set it to 100% It still resets on the very next play through (as below). I've also seen my play count reset on multiple occasions.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q149/tbradt/Rocksmith/B-Bop.jpg

wolfor_t_a
11-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Yesterday when I read this thread, I thought 'god am I glad this doesn't happen on my system', started RS and there it was about 1/3 of the songs reset to 50%.
Some of them accepted and kept the setting if I manually set them to a higher level in RR, others didn't. Some I played again and leveled them up, this seemed to work, but I wouldn't have my life depending on that.
Funny thing is, RS 2014 kinda still remembers the original level, because if I set the difficulty back to 100% via the RR, it starts to apply the master mode straight away, even if it isn't able to store the 100% level after I finished the song (with more than 100% mastery).
I'm quite positive this wasn't an issue last week.

kosh1016
11-17-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one this issue and very glad someone posted here saying they are aware and will patch it. I logged a support ticket and they responded asking if I tried deleting my game data. I'm reluctant to do that as I don't want to have to redo load all my dlc again.

Yonda1960
11-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Hmmm, Blitzkreig Bop is one of the songs I'd mastered to > 100%, then today all reset to about 50%. Won't be pleased if this happens to Smooth by Santana, I've invested many hours in riff repeater leveling it up!

sinbaadi44
11-17-2013, 08:20 PM
Clearly more and more people are experiencing this (apparently random) problem. It took me a couple of days of it happening to be certain that it was.

They need to get this patched asap. Learn A Song is a total turn-off when it does this. If anyone were to review RS2014 and have this happen it would be absolutely slated for it. It's just a complete failure to deliver the one thing the game mode is promising: a graduated, automatically adjusting, learning experience. I certainly cannot recommend it to anyone because of this.

It has put me off RS2014 quite a lot. I wasn't incredibly happy with the game before, but with this happening it's not worth the effort.

I'd be willing to bet that we are a fraction of the people this has happened to, and lots of those people will have just stopped playing RS2014 because of this.

It's very disappointing that it is taking them so long.

goosfrabaaaah
11-17-2013, 08:40 PM
Yeah, happening to me now also that on some songs whatever I do it doesn't level up after completion, doesn't save the progress made in the song..
Shame... Hope they can fix this..

mohrscircle
11-18-2013, 06:41 AM
I am having difficulties as well, when ever I start a new unplayed song in rocksmith 2014, the game is starting my difficulty at zero. This is strange because it always used to start with the difficulty that rocksmith predicated I could play, and in fact when i open a new song I can see the song preview showing a varying difficulty that would be around my level, but when I start to play the song everything is at zero.

Another slightly related question is that if a difficulty is changed via riff repeater, is there a way to revert the difficulty back to the games anticipated "default" level?

Thanks all!

goosfrabaaaah
11-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Haha, I just got the dreaded " you must accept the progress by pressing a button" response from support..
My goodness, told the guy I can start to understand why people are loosing their patience....
Shame that when you're taking the time to give a very detailed report of what is happening, you get an answer back that basically says you're an eight year old and are not doing things correct...
Very frustrating support..please treat us users with a bit more respect..

trifi999
11-18-2013, 08:54 PM
So there is apparently a new patch that is out for Steam that fixes this issue or at least attempts to. I think the PC gets patches first so hopefully we see this patch come soon.

KFpopeye
11-19-2013, 03:21 AM
Just wanted to add a "Me too" to this thread. I also noticed if I increase the mastery to 100% with the PS3 controller and don't actualy complete the section at 100%, it stays. :(

mohrscircle
11-19-2013, 04:24 AM
So a update, I am using the PC version and after the latest patch and everything was running well until 5 or 6 songs in I started having the same problem. So I will go to a unplayed song, and before I start I can see the games predicted difficulty charted out (ranging from 35 to 50 % difficulty). As soon as I hit play the song goes back to zero difficulty. So then I have to use riff repeater to level the entire song up to make it playable. I have even had riff repeater end up force closing to the desktop as I was trying to level up the song to make it playable. Ticket submitted, but please let me know if I can provide any further info to help get this sorted out.

Thanks

leosong2
11-19-2013, 05:51 AM
I ran into the same problem, this time is for the weekly challenge. It was annoying that the song kept going back to 0 leveled after completion. So I tried to work around and seems I found a way at least working for now -

1. Start the song, level up the first section using RR.
2. Exit song immediately.
3. Start the song again, level everything up using RR.
4. Exit song and the level will hold.

I didn't try to restart the game or change path yet, maybe that will erase my level again but at least it solved the immediately resetting problem after completion. Hope this helps.

sh1kamaru-
11-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Got the problem on a song where I didn’t have master mode phrases (wasteland) so it seems this is not what triggers the issue. But basically I only use Learn a Song for riff repeater, and spend most of my time in score attack so it’s not much of a problem for me.

BasketQase
11-20-2013, 11:55 PM
Signed up just so I could add my "Me, too!"

For whatever it's worth I didn't notice the problem until I'd already gone through all the songs (disc, RB1, and DLC) once. Which song will be broken seems to be random and working with the Riff Repeater will seemingly fix it at times (though not every time). I was put off from using Learn a Song at all until I found that they will fix themselves at some point. Still very frustrating. Until this is fixed I'll probably move on to only using the Riff Repeater from Learn a Song and spend my time in Score Attack instead as I've read some other players do.

westyfu
11-22-2013, 05:07 AM
And another...

Just got finished on Wasteland trying to push myself up the HSA leaderboard, got to about 3rd and went to RR the "Arpeggiated" D part to get the pattern a bit more solidly locked in.....

All bars and Mastery set to 50% with a play count of 26 and mastery still showing 100%

kosh1016
11-22-2013, 08:38 PM
More and more songs are being affected for me. Including brand new DLC. Any news on a timeline of this patch that will fix this?

Verad
11-23-2013, 09:39 AM
This bug has been affecting my game too, and I've sent in a bug report, including some troubleshooting and a potential cause and solution. The highlights:

I'm playing on a mid-generation PS3 (250 GB, I think). I do not have the original Rocksmith nor Rocksmith data installed (with the exception of DLC songs).
I didn't notice the bug until I had played through a large selection of songs on disc and downloaded a couple of DLC songs.
I tried resetting in game setting to the defaults, no change.
I tried deleting one of the two Rocksmith 2014 profiles from the PS3 "Saved Data Utility" (I'm assuming one for lead and one for rhthym?), no change.
I tried deleting both profiles, no change.

Finally, I tried deleting the Rocksmith DLC data (pre-Rocksmith 2014 songs) in the "Game Data Utility," which was presented as being game data for the original Rocksmith. This seems to have fixed the problem for now. I won't know for sure that this will solve the problem permanently until I can get around to playing as far into the game as I did before deleting my profile data (it would be helpful if others could test this solution), but I'm hopeful the bug will not recur as long as I don't download any more legacy DLC. Disappointing, but the alternative is a broken game.

Hope y'all find this helpful.

RichTheMighty
11-24-2013, 12:59 AM
Just wanted to add my "me too", specifically Smashing Pumpkins 1979 will not hold an increase in difficulty no matter what I do. I have not noticed on other songs but I have not really been looking for it until now. Based on some songs I have played multiple times having a suspiciously horizontal line of difficulty I suspect more have been affected. No rhyme or reason I can see. I am using a PS3 and put in a ticket a few days ago.

trifi999
11-24-2013, 02:06 AM
This bug has been affecting my game too, and I've sent in a bug report, including some troubleshooting and a potential cause and solution. The highlights:

I'm playing on a mid-generation PS3 (250 GB, I think). I do not have the original Rocksmith nor Rocksmith data installed (with the exception of DLC songs).
I didn't notice the bug until I had played through a large selection of songs on disc and downloaded a couple of DLC songs.
I tried resetting in game setting to the defaults, no change.
I tried deleting one of the two Rocksmith 2014 profiles from the PS3 "Saved Data Utility" (I'm assuming one for lead and one for rhthym?), no change.
I tried deleting both profiles, no change.

Finally, I tried deleting the Rocksmith DLC data (pre-Rocksmith 2014 songs) in the "Game Data Utility," which was presented as being game data for the original Rocksmith. This seems to have fixed the problem for now. I won't know for sure that this will solve the problem permanently until I can get around to playing as far into the game as I did before deleting my profile data (it would be helpful if others could test this solution), but I'm hopeful the bug will not recur as long as I don't download any more legacy DLC. Disappointing, but the alternative is a broken game.

Hope y'all find this helpful.

I tried this a few weeks ago. It worked for about 5 or 6 days then went back to its old ways of not saving data. I did the same as you, delete the saved data and the game data. All I care about right now is that The Rocksmith Devs know about this problem and know why it is happening. At least then we know that they can find a solution to the problem whenever they get around to making the patch.

BazzTard61
11-24-2013, 03:32 AM
me too,PS3, happens on Cherub Rock, even if all the other sections are at 100% the intro is stuck at 70%,and other songs

i wont raise a ticket as I feel I shouldn't have to,I pre-ordered the game,paid my $90 on day one. It was released before being thoroughly tested in my humble opinion, and I have played video games since the very first one, Pong in the 1970s (yes I AM old,thankyouverymuchforasking)

Now I'll have to drag my bass amp upstairs, get some bass tabs off the net,download the song on my iphone, and practice......sigh

hurry up with the patch please i dont really want to drag my amp upstairs!

LawdogNOLA
11-24-2013, 07:21 AM
I was having the same problem and today it stopped and I started retaining my mastery of the various phrases in songs again. The only thing I did different than most playthroughs is I once again switched paths and played a few rhythm songs. Then back to lead and played several more and lo & behold my mastery is reflecting what I earned. Crossing my fingers that it stays this way!

Hopefully this can help someone else until patch time!

OhBeee
11-25-2013, 03:40 AM
Notice this too when I kept having to replay knights of cydonia from such a low level. Anyway, I was able to resolve this with drastic measures. If you go in to options and select the "reset options to default" setting, the problem will go away. Of course, you reset every song to basic difficulty and it resets your play count for every song. It does not however reset your progress or achievements. Kind of annoying, but worth it for me.

/edit
nevermind, this did not fix the issue. what a waste

likeabigdawg
11-25-2013, 07:27 AM
A friend at work told me he was interested in buying this game. I told him not to, at least until it can get properly patched. I hope you're listening Ubisoft. Christmas is just around the corner.

OhBeee
11-26-2013, 03:38 AM
Was excited when I saw a 1.02 patch.. Bad news, this problem still is in game. I've basically stopped playing rocksmith until they address this problem. GAME BREAKER

RichTheMighty
11-26-2013, 05:27 AM
Saw the update and attempted one of my stuck songs (the Boston one). First time I played through the difficulty stayed stuck, after the second time I noticed the difficulty looked like it had crept up a dash but still uniformal through the whole song. Tried it a third time and confirmed it had upped it a dash. After the third play through when I look at the difficulty for the song it looks like the difficulty is dynamic again (varying levels by section). It might be the update has reset some of the LAS and it takes a few play throughs to catch on. Going to test some more songs tomorrow.

RichTheMighty
11-27-2013, 01:48 AM
Played Smashing Pumpkins "1979", the a song that has never increased in difficulty despite about about 15 play throughs. Played through about 5 times without the difficulty saving. I then decided to brute force it and increased each section to about 80% using riff repeater then played the whole song through. This seemed to unstick whatever issue was holding the difficulty down.

KareemOWheat
11-27-2013, 05:27 AM
Also posting to add my voice that this is a major issue that needs addressing immediately. Wasn't experiencing this problem until I downloaded the the "AiC" expansion pack last week, now I can't get any of my songs to stay leveled at all no matter how much I played them. Downloaded the Radiohead song pack tonight and played Karma Police about 15 times on the Bass and the game has yet to record any progress on it. Resets the rating every single time I start the song again. Have tried other songs, have tried switching paths, have tried using Riff Repeater to get it to remember the setting making sure to turn "Level Up" on. Nothing is working.

This is beyond frustrating. I'm a long time customer that played the first game, bought the second game at launch and have dumped a ton of money into DLC. I'm done playing this or buying any more content until this is resolved.

rwilson1982
11-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Also posting to add my voice that this is a major issue that needs addressing immediately. Wasn't experiencing this problem until I downloaded the the "AiC" expansion pack last week, now I can't get any of my songs to stay leveled at all no matter how much I played them. Downloaded the Radiohead song pack tonight and played Karma Police about 15 times on the Bass and the game has yet to record any progress on it. Resets the rating every single time I start the song again. Have tried other songs, have tried switching paths, have tried using Riff Repeater to get it to remember the setting making sure to turn "Level Up" on. Nothing is working.

This is beyond frustrating. I'm a long time customer that played the first game, bought the second game at launch and have dumped a ton of money into DLC. I'm done playing this or buying any more content until this is resolved.

I take it this issue really hasn't been addressed in the recent patch that has come out ??

kai2014
11-27-2013, 09:47 AM
Apparently it has been fixed for PS3 (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/812510-SCEA-PS3-Patch-Notes-11-26) but NOT PC/Mac as there is no mention of it in the changelog (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/812512-PC-Mac-Steam-Patch-Notes-11-26)

The last few posters above, are you on PS3?

exolstice
11-27-2013, 02:35 PM
I'm on PS3 and I still have some songs that reset their levels as soon as I'm done playing them. What's really annoying is that it happens on the songs I play the most!

Ezzy911
11-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Played Creep and Just in Riff Repeater last night to level them up and they didn't stay leveled. I can't tell that the patch did anything?

KareemOWheat
11-27-2013, 04:11 PM
I take it this issue really hasn't been addressed in the recent patch that has come out ??

No, this has not been addressed in the patch at all, and yes, I'm on a PS3.

Just now went into Tools to confirm that I was running the correct version of the software and I have the patched version. Played "Karma Police" again. Leveled up five bars to full Mastery inside the song. Song ends, all bars rest to ~75% mastery level flat across the song.

The patch, it does nothing.

toymachinesh
11-27-2013, 04:19 PM
No, this has not been addressed in the patch at all, and yes, I'm on a PS3.

Just now went into Tools to confirm that I was running the correct version of the software and I have the patched version. Played "Karma Police" again. Leveled up five bars to full Mastery inside the song. Song ends, all bars rest to ~75% mastery level flat across the song.

The patch, it does nothing.

Played Smashing Pumpkins "1979", the a song that has never increased in difficulty despite about about 15 play throughs. Played through about 5 times without the difficulty saving. I then decided to brute force it and increased each section to about 80% using riff repeater then played the whole song through. This seemed to unstick whatever issue was holding the difficulty down.

Did you try that?

KareemOWheat
11-27-2013, 09:37 PM
Did you try that?

Yes, I have tried that approach. For science's sake, I just retried it. I played "Creep", set everything to 100% in the Riff Repeater. Played through the entirety of the Riff Repeater with only 23 missed notes (hey, I'm still a beginner which is why I need the adaptive feature to work). At the end of Riff Repeater it said "Level Max". For good measure I then replayed through the song using Resume Song from the beginning. Another "Exceptional" performance with some of the verse and chorus sections starting to Fade indicating Mastery Mode was kicking in.

Upon exiting the song I had 194 Note Streak 95% Accuracy 96.9% Mastery AND every single phrase reset to about 60% Mastery level.

sinbaadi44
11-27-2013, 10:57 PM
Top job by Ubisoft then. Hey at least there's a load of great new features in the patch right? Oh wait, no there isn't, it's bug fixes and apparently it didn't work.
Perhaps we need to be more direct:
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IF YOU WANT TO "Learn A Song"!!!!

What happened Rocksmith? You used to be cool, man.

Richter12x2
11-27-2013, 11:21 PM
Me too - several of my favorite songs are getting levels reset - No Rain is the first one I noticed it on. It's hard to show people how awesome this thing is when you keep going back to essentially the equivalent of EASY mode on Guitar Hero, playing one note in 10.

citation440
11-28-2013, 12:54 AM
Yup, patch did nothing for the PS3 version. I will not be recommending this game to anyone until this problem is resolved. It's baffling how this problem wasn't discovered and rectified during development; instead we're paying to beta test this game. A shame, since the title has so much potential.

Dannyb785
11-28-2013, 03:41 AM
Top job by Ubisoft then. Hey at least there's a load of great new features in the patch right? Oh wait, no there isn't, it's bug fixes and apparently it didn't work.
Perhaps we need to be more direct:
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IF YOU WANT TO "Learn A Song"!!!!

What happened Rocksmith? You used to be cool, man.

That's a bit extreme. Sure it's a pain to re-level a song each time, but if you're maxed on every level, it takes maybe 30 seconds to highlight each section and level it up manually. The real pain is when you are somewhere in between then you have to guess where you were at each time you play it again

exolstice
11-28-2013, 03:54 AM
Did you try that?

Tried to riff repeat individual sections, all sections, set to 100%, and multiple variations thereof. Even if I hit every note and level a section up to 100%, everything resets as soon as I go back to play the song from the beginning.

goosfrabaaaah
11-28-2013, 08:37 AM
Tried to riff repeat individual sections, all sections, set to 100%, and multiple variations thereof. Even if I hit every note and level a section up to 100%, everything resets as soon as I go back to play the song from the beginning.

out of curiosity, is that with mastery switched on or off?
I had this problem on every sing, since I switched Mastery back to on, on most songs it saves now, although I do get the occasional start when all phrases are set to the lowest difficulty.
I now try and stay away from riff repeater till they have patched it properly as that definitely triggered a lot of levelling saving issues for me.

MacBeth38
11-28-2013, 03:50 PM
yes I have to say this patch hasn't done a thing for this issue... I have been fairly patient and then was so excited to see an update and the only thing I noticed different was I had to r3tune my guitar cause it was a little off.

Come on Ubisoft your better than this! fix your game!!!!

Jahardo
11-28-2013, 05:59 PM
tried posting a support ticket but got an error message(error while trying to help fix an error very frustrating) so i will post the screenshot here and hope someone sees it and can start to understand why this is a game killing bug. you basically can't progress any more because the leveling system is now completely broken.
http://i.imgur.com/sV8aGwO.jpg
http://imgur.com/sV8aGwO

RSDAVE
11-29-2013, 01:02 AM
On my end, it only does this on some songs, others are working OK. The game will randomly reset songs or pull back on some of the sections that I've previously mastered. For example, every time I play "American Idiot" on bass, I master it, but as soon as I'm finished the song goes back to whatever level it was before I started playing it.

stuartrobichau
11-29-2013, 03:16 AM
I noticed this problem appear for me after the last patch. I'm on PS3. Very annoying.

The7Son0fA7Son
11-30-2013, 03:13 PM
This pretty much sums it up. +1 on the annoying leveler.

tried posting a support ticket but got an error message(error while trying to help fix an error very frustrating) so i will post the screenshot here and hope someone sees it and can start to understand why this is a game killing bug. you basically can't progress any more because the leveling system is now completely broken.
http://i.imgur.com/sV8aGwO.jpg
http://imgur.com/sV8aGwO

kosh1016
12-01-2013, 03:56 AM
Yep definitely still problem post patch. Just went to fire up trooper as I have been playing it a lot lately and my percentage mastery is still as it was but all of the phrases have reset to mid level, even ones that were purple. Whhen I saw that it really killed my mood and I put it away.

Bluesman25
12-01-2013, 06:26 AM
Fix this already!!! I don't even want to play the game if I have to start the difficulty level at the beginning each time.:mad:

BasketQase
12-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Just chiming in to confirm that the patch hasn't solved this issue on PS3 for me either. Initially it seemed to work, but after switching paths for a day, I find that all of my 100%+ mastered songs have reset to some midway flatline (like the Blitzkrieg Bop image posted above) and none of the tracks on the Rhythm or Bass paths have been saving at all. Same with the lesson practices on Lead. Oddly, all the songs I played on lead tonight (some dozen or so that all were under about 30% mastered) did seem to be saving progress.

I agree with many others. It makes the experience frustrating on tracks I'm still learning. I was an early adopter: got the first Rocksmith the day it came out, loved it, never had any issues like this with it, was excited about the improvements of 2014, but can't recommend the game to anyone in the state it's in now. Massively disappointing...

yojulia
12-01-2013, 03:04 PM
I just stopped playing the game just now after seeing it resets my mastery again.Its like theres no point learning a song thru RS anymore.Heck theres no point to play the NON STOP mode too
Since all song mastery reset.The NON STOP mode is a fun feature to play a setlist but bogged down by this bug..Dissapointment.

FantaBoy82
12-01-2013, 05:48 PM
This started happening to me today also. Only thing I did different to normal was download new songs from outside the game in the playstation store perhaps that confused the save file. Anybody else done the same?

sinbaadi44
12-01-2013, 08:45 PM
They should be ashamed, to be honest. Especially given how silent they're being about this issue now. We get an "it's on our to-do list" message on the 8th of November (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/806301-LAS-Mastery-Resetting-Itself?p=9363184&viewfull=1#post9363184), then in the patch notes on the 27th they say "Phrase Mastery should no longer reset on songs that have been recently played" (which is a bit like saying "we don't know if it's fixed or not- we got an intern to do it and we don't even know if he knew what the problem was really") and it's still knackered.

We need them to state categorically that this will be fixed, and soon.

semper-fi90
12-01-2013, 09:29 PM
I am sure the developers are looking into this but figured I would add my save problem to the list. I am playing on the PS3 and this save problem happened after downloading the patch. Seems random but did notice it on Blitzkrieg Bop and Are You Gonna Go My Way.

kosh1016
12-02-2013, 02:23 AM
Yes this is pretty critical as the main feature of this program is broken. Also it seams very random. Old songs. New songs. Etc

leosong2
12-02-2013, 02:57 AM
The issue seems to get worse after the patch (PS3). I was able to work around before the patch but now no matter what I do, the level stick to 0 without saving.

I am sure there are many people like me suffering the same issue and holding off buying DLCs. This needs to be fixed with top priority.

And by the way, next time around, be more specific on the release notes. Last one was really bad.

RSDAVE
12-02-2013, 07:37 PM
I switched to lead guitar after playing all the songs in Bass, so far NONE of the songs I've played lead on are saving any progress. AT least with bass it was sporadic.

KareemOWheat
12-02-2013, 08:38 PM
https://twitter.com/crossieRS/status/407182132948131840

Well, Paul Cross did address it on Twitter yesterday so hopefully they actually fix it instead of "should" fix it.

And while I know he's looking for the silver lining in the situation with the "thank goodness it's quick to set it back up", it is actually not quick to set it back up when you are at completely different levels for verses, choruses, bridges, solos, outros, intros. I'd practically have to keep a spreadsheet to remember where I am for all of the songs considering with DLC and the RS1 songs it's actually a large library.

tropic6768
12-03-2013, 04:08 AM
Just an update I had commented earlier that Are You gonna Go My Way was one of the songs that was resetting itself and not saving progress. I just logged in and it was missing totally from my song list. After about 10 min of playing other songs I checked my list and it is back. There must be something happening with the save files.

For the developers my game was downloaded from PSN and my system is a 250 gb slim. Hope they can figure this one out.

leosong2
12-03-2013, 04:40 AM
In case RS dev team would read the thread, if start with a reset song, it would NEVER save, however if you play a song with saved progress, then go back to the reset song, the progress will be saved. It seems to be a problem to open the saved file with reset songs.

Removing the progress still seems to be random to me.

exolstice
12-03-2013, 01:30 PM
As a temporary "workaround" you can briefly prevent a song from resetting its mastery level, by lowering the difficulty and re-levelling it up back to max in a single play session (i.e. without switching songs). I've noticed that then you can play maybe one or two other different songs and the original song will stay levelled. As soon as you start playing a bunch of different songs 5+ then mastery levels start getting reset all over the place.

It's like RS can only keep track of mastery level for a handful of songs; anything beyond that just gets reset.

RSDAVE
12-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Well, for one thing we are not at the very end of the development cycle for the game, so PS3 users can hopefully expect a fix this time around.

swiegand
12-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Well, for one thing we are not at the very end of the development cycle for the game, so PS3 users can hopefully expect a fix this time around.
Well, hopefully this time is different. Never got RS1 fixed.

swiegand
12-03-2013, 08:58 PM
It's just so frustrating because the "game" is actually amazing. My wife made huge progress learning to play bass in a very short amount of time.
So please fix these progress saving issues ASAP!

exolstice
12-04-2013, 03:19 AM
It even resets the mastery on the practice tracks that go along with lessons. Decided to do some lessons since Learn a Song is pretty broken, and after playing through a track once and levelling it all up, when I got to the results screen it was showing all sections at 50% !

Also decided to use the riff repeater on some songs and it never levels up. I can hit every note perfectly but it just restarts without increasing the level (it used to). I tried fiddling with all the options, it just won't level up (or speed up for that matter.)

So ****ing annoying.

theking_012
12-04-2013, 03:22 AM
Hi, I don't know if this has already been suggested before, but I found that after I re-enabled master mode in the main menu (by pressing ctrl>options after logging in to my profiles), I no longer encounter the bug of LAS not saving mastery levels. Perhaps I have not levelled them high enough (average of about 30%-40% a song). I used to have this issue, but now it seems to be gone. You guys may wanna give it a try.

I am playing RS2014 on the PC and MAC.

BazzTard61
12-04-2013, 04:20 AM
well, finally got the patch yesterday lol, (PS3 Aus)

game message advises me to buy the newly added Cherub Rock! it thinks its 23 Oct lol we waited this long for that? thats the only change,still rooted, unplayable,frustrating

is there an app that auto scrolls TABS on a PC? coz thats all i really need,sick of the lack of solutioms or even progress reports or even advice that they are aware of the problem sheeesh

bb_hood99
12-04-2013, 06:39 AM
It seems that this problem HAS gotten worse after the patch.
I kept thinking that I was doing something wrong, but that is not the case. I have leveled up quite a few songs from 0%-95/99% without using riff repeater, and when I go back to check the next day or so they are all back to 0% or slightly above 0%. It happens all the time with Knights of Cydonia. Happens alot with my downloaded content Rush songs. It happens alot with many other songs also. This is a HUGE pain in the ***.
I paid 60$ for the ps3 download and an additional 10$ for the RS1 song transfer. This problem sucks and I really wish it would get fixed SOON.

swiegand
12-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Unfortunately the patch rendered the game unusable for me now. I think I won't play it anymore until there are fixes for the mastery level saving issues and the frequent PS3 crashes (no other game does that on my PS3).
I really hope it's not like RS1, else I think I will try to get a refund for everything (game and lots of DLC).

goosfrabaaaah
12-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Yeah, the patch made things worse for me as well.
Lots more songs are now not levelling up.
And for some reason I can't login to uplay.
Useless patch of you ask me..

sinbaadi44
12-04-2013, 04:32 PM
What can we do if this doesn't get fixed?

I paid £50 for RS1 with the cable and did not regret it for an instant, I even bought a few DLC songs (I never buy DLC).

RS2014 feels like it's worth about £5, and even then I'd regret it. In a way I hope this costs them a lot of money, they obviously don't care much about it.

KFpopeye
12-05-2013, 04:11 AM
Still having problems with mastery level resetting itself too. Mostly with "The Thrill is Gone".

westyfu
12-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Powertab, Tuxguitar, Guitar Pro (not free)

Will all scroll tabs, UG has massive lists of compatible tabs and most of them can import from a text or midi file.

There are more, but most have the same, to less features than the main 3, cost stupid amounts or require an iPhone + adapter, as everyone is so desperate to get into the app stores while people are to silly to think before buying still.

Edit: Was in reply to Bazz but the forum didn't want to attach it... Eh.

swiegand
12-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Still having problems with mastery level resetting itself too. Mostly with "The Thrill is Gone".

Yeah, the thrill is gone away with RS2014 :-(

Bluesman25
12-05-2013, 11:47 PM
An update would be nice. They must know what the issue is by now. I don't think they realize how much the game sucks like this. The only way that I can play songs fully levelled now is to go into riff repeater, select every section of the song, and manually level it up. It's a huge pain in the ***. I'll be waiting for a fix before purchasing any more songs.

sinbaadi44
12-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Judging by the flippant comment someone made on Twitter, I'm not sure they do realise how much this sucks. https://twitter.com/crossieRS/status/407182132948131840
There is no "setting it back up"! And even if you could go through and set each section individually, after having noted down its mastery on the fly during your last play through, and set it, how would that be "quick"?!

They should be giving DLC away, let alone hoping people start buying it again if they want to get people back on their side after this fiasco. It's like they've already been told 2014 is the last one so they don't give a ****.

RSDAVE
12-06-2013, 01:35 AM
This is a reply I got after opening a ticket... If you guys know what the tech is talking about, please let me know !

That was Tuesday. I played all night yesterday and still had the issue, BTW.

Andrea @ Ubisoft Support wrote:

Hi RSDAVE,

This issue has been reported to the development team and a fix has been applied.
It's best if you can get your console online at least temporarily to obtain this title update.

If after applying this patch you are still experiencing an issue with mastery saving, please let us know.

toymachinesh
12-06-2013, 04:21 AM
Judging by the flippant comment someone made on Twitter, I'm not sure they do realise how much this sucks. https://twitter.com/crossieRS/status/407182132948131840
There is no "setting it back up"! And even if you could go through and set each section individually, after having noted down its mastery on the fly during your last play through, and set it, how would that be "quick"?!

They should be giving DLC away, let alone hoping people start buying it again if they want to get people back on their side after this fiasco. It's like they've already been told 2014 is the last one so they don't give a ****.

Man if you think that's a "flippant comment" I don't even know what to tell you. They aren't just sitting around doing nothing, they are working on fixing the issue. Imagine if this happened with RS1, it would be an absolute disaster, his comment is stating to be optimistic for the fact you can level up the song manually while they work on the issue.

exolstice
12-06-2013, 04:57 PM
This is a reply I got after opening a ticket... If you guys know what the tech is talking about, please let me know !

That was Tuesday. I played all night yesterday and still had the issue, BTW.

Hi RSDAVE,

This issue has been reported to the development team and a fix has been applied.
It's best if you can get your console online at least temporarily to obtain this title update.

If after applying this patch you are still experiencing an issue with mastery saving, please let us know.

It's referring to the 1.02 patch from last week which was supposed to fix the problem but actually made it worse. I'm sure the people in support aren't aware of the current status as they probably provide support for all Ubisoft products, hence the answer you got.

RSDAVE
12-06-2013, 05:49 PM
here's an update...

Hi RSDAVE,

After testing it out, it appears that you may need to create a new in game profile for the fix to apply correctly.

If that,s the case, not very practical because my PSN & Uplay accounts are tied to my current PS3 account.

toymachinesh
12-06-2013, 09:40 PM
I think they mean "in game profile"
edit: nope

mrvega79
12-06-2013, 10:24 PM

I don't think he's being flippant. I think he's just trying to say "hey, we're with you on this" (a lot of the developers have ended up learning/playing guitar through Rocksmith, from what they say).

At least someone's acknowledging the problems with the game. Progress!

RSDAVE
12-06-2013, 10:58 PM
I started with a brand new profile and was able to level "American Idiot" on bass. Deleting the in-game profile does mean losing all progress made, right ?

toymachinesh
12-06-2013, 11:01 PM
I started with a brand new profile and was able to level "American Idiot" on bass. Deleting the in-game profile does mean losing all progress made, right ?

If that works then there's no reason to, but I guess the old profile is somewhat useless if it still has that bug

SquirrellyNinja
12-06-2013, 11:44 PM

Before we start deleting profiles, we MAY have discovered a viable workaround for this issue. The steps are as follows if you find that LAS mastery levels are constantly resetting:

1. Begin any song.
2. Open Riff Repeater.
3. Select all phrases and reduce the Difficulty to 0%.
4. Resume the song and complete it to proceed to the results hub.
5. Begin and complete any song. The progress data should now save correctly for all future play.

We think that from here on out, your mastery will save properly even if it doesn't kick in for the playthrough from the workaround. Please give this a shot if you're having trouble and see it it resolves things. We'd very much appreciate it if you'd try it and let us know if your problems seem to be solved as it'd be good info for us. I'll also be making an independent thread detailing this workaround.

KareemOWheat
12-07-2013, 02:09 AM
Ouch! Guess I ran out of patience a few hours too soon.

I deleted my profiles and started a new one completely from scratch. I can report that this seems to have fixed the issue and after 3-4 hours of play and several path swtiches between Bass, Rhythm and Lead everything seems to be saving properly (of the 5-7 songs that I worked on in each path during that time). I did specifically target the Radiohead and AiC DLC during this time as that's when I first started having the issue and everything from RS1 up through DLC seems to be holding at this point.

If the problem rears its head again prior to the patch, I'll try the workaround listed above.

Bluesman25
12-07-2013, 02:37 AM
Before we start deleting profiles, we MAY have discovered a viable workaround for this issue. The steps are as follows if you find that LAS mastery levels are constantly resetting:

1. Begin any song.
2. Open Riff Repeater.
5. Begin and complete any song. The progress data should now save correctly for all future play.

We think that from here on out, your mastery will save properly even if it doesn't kick in for the playthrough from the workaround. Please give this a shot if you're having trouble and see it it resolves things. We'd very much appreciate it if you'd try it and let us know if your problems seem to be solved as it'd be good info for us. I'll also be making an independent thread detailing this workaround.

I tried this and it didn't work. I played Black Magic, Selected all the sections in riff repeater and levelled them down to zero. Continued the song and it levelled up a bit. Once song ended, it went back to the default levelling, which looks to be about 80% across every level.

djohns1974
12-09-2013, 06:26 AM

1. Begin any song.
2. Open Riff Repeater.

I have tried this and it seems to have worked, for the moment at least. Not sure if it will help anyone, but here are my exact steps:

- Started "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"
- Immediately started Riff Repeater
- Selected entire song, set difficulty to 0%
- Started Riff Repeater (note that this was NOT correct according to the instructions above, but I only realized that halfway through the song)
- Finished the incredibly fun one note per 10 second or so performance
- Riff Repeater leveled me up, restarted the song and, not wanting to play through again, I exited
- The summary screen showed my song progress exactly where it was before I started Riff Repeater
- Decided to try the correct steps given above, instead selected "Paint It, Black", started Riff Repeater, set all sections to 0%, this time selected Resume Song
- Played through, leveling up a bit as I went along
- Finished, summary screen still showed all progress where it was before I started (beginning to get discouraged at this point)
- Decided to check out "Desolate Motion" and just pick it up where it claimed I left off (I had lost progress on this song multiple times previously)
- Finished the song, leveling up several sections, and my new progress had been saved!
- Surprised, I started up "For a Fool", this time went into Riff Repeater and set the entire song to 100% and resumed. At the end, all sections showed purple and my overall progress went from mid-90s or so to 100.2% (had several sections operating with master mode)

Sorry for the extremely verbose description, just hoping it helps someone. I think the key points here are making sure to set the difficulty of the entire song to 0% then use "resume song" and play through. Regardless of what the summary screen says at that point, play another song normally, and maybe it will start saving. It could also be a random occurrence, only time will tell if this is even a semi-permanent fix or just a fluke.

Back when this all started happening, but AFTER the latest patch was released, I created a new user profile on my PS3 and started the game from scratch with that and it worked completely normally for a while, playing ONLY on lead guitar and never switching paths. However, the same bug eventually presented itself. Being that this was a fresh profile created after the patch, I have serious doubts about whether the actual bug has been fixed and do expect it to start happening again at some point, but I will report on it either way. In addition, I plan to launch my second profile and try the same steps there and see if the workaround at least works consistently, which would be SOME good news at least. I'll reply again when I know more.

LewisH08
12-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Sorry for a double post - I created a thread related to this issue some week ago but here is my experience:
After the patch, the first game play session worked fine. Once I exited the game and came back later, all songs reset-ed back to zero difficulty and not saving.
The same is when you start a new profile. The first session seems fine, then when I come back to it later the songs are not saved and you have to start from scratch.
And without being skeptical, the above workaround seemed to work only about for two songs and then the third one didn't save. So I really doubt it is final solution, sorry.
Apologies for the negativity but it is very frustrating to play with riff repeater one song after another, every day for over a month now.

kosh1016
12-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Yes this worked for me I think initially. But after going back to it back to not saving and resetting mastery. Still incredibly frustrating and really not worth using when the main feature of this program is completely broken. Can someone in the know please at least let us know this is still being worked on and provide an eta?

bassplr19
12-11-2013, 04:09 AM
Don't know if this will help anyone, but one of the missions was turn on auto-continue on riff repeater. After I turned that on, I played a couple songs in a row with this zero difficulty issue and I was quite annoyed.

I turned off Auto-Continue and restarted Rocksmith and went into an unplayed song and it had a difficulty level that I could play.

stuartrobichau
12-12-2013, 03:31 AM

1. Begin any song.
2. Open Riff Repeater.

I tried this exactly process.

I then tried the following which seems to work:

At step 4, after resuming the song LET THE GAME PLAY THROUGH at difficulty zero without playing any notes yourself, thereby getting a score of zero. This seems to reset the entire song to zero, possibly? overwriting any corrupted data from pre-patch. Then, re-play the song a few times in LAS mode and you will see your difficulty going back up from zero. It might take you 3-4 plays to get it back to MASTER MODE on that song, but it seems to be working.

I did this process twice. Once each on 2 of my known-problem songs. Both got reset to zero and I played them each a couple of times and progress was saving.

I then tried some other songs I seem to remember not working. They started progressing as well. Master MODE came back on and stayed on between songs. I played the game for an hour playing several of my favorites. I even unlocked a couple of amps.

I began making progress again on songs, which means this workaround is worth a shot. YMMV

My system is PS3, Rocksmith 1, rocksmith 2 with the Rocksmith 1 song upgrade pack plus a couple of DLC.

EDIT UPDATE: I've been playing now for the past 3 weeks since I posted this reply, and I couldn't tell if I started seeing the problem again. I thought I just wasn't playing well enough. Then last night, I noticed maybe 1 of my songs wasn't leveling again. (knockin on heavens door, chord version) So I played it up to 100% again. Saved. Turned off the system. Turned it back on and it stayed at 100% after the system reset. I thought I was losing my mind! Oh, well, at least the game is working.

Now Today, a day after I did my system reset test, the song is back to 50% again. I'm not losing my mind, the fix didn't fix anything, the Rocksmith game is still broken, UBI is wasting my time and everyone elses with their buggy badly written, poorly performing software. And worst of all, made me look the fool by proclaiming issue is fixed where, in fact, it was nothing of the sort.

Thanks a lot (again!!) UBI.

exolstice
12-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Start playing more songs and you will see that none of these workarounds work. They work for a handful of songs, for a certain amount of time, but eventually every song gets reset to 50% or 0% or whatever.

kosh1016
12-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Start playing more songs and you will see that none of these workarounds work. They work for a handful of songs, for a certain amount of time, but eventually every song gets reset to 50% or 0% or whatever.

What he said.

Richter12x2
12-12-2013, 04:06 PM

This has been my experience too - for once or twice it seems like it's working, been going back and forth between Six AM Salvation and Space Ostrich (because they're both really short) and didn't work, then it seemed to, so I threw in a new song, and both originals were reset to 35% or so across the board.

Also went through a MODERATELY better time when it seemed like the flatline would average out.. so if you started at 35%, played through and got half the phrases to 50% before the the end, it would then be 42% or so, so it was at LEAST progressing, if in a less than ideal manner. That seems to have fixed itself now and it's back to no improvement at all.

sinbaadi44
12-12-2013, 04:51 PM

Exactly. I've had it working for a session and thought okay, it's better. Then the next time it's broken again. But hey:
"thank goodness it's quick to set it back up!".

exolstice
12-12-2013, 06:51 PM
I'm surprised there aren't more people affected by this problem and raising a ****storm, because it really sucks all the enjoyment out of Rocksmith.

Haemsti
12-12-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm suffering the same. I just stick to bugging support directly usually. For me, this issue spoils the fun completely and I won't spend a cent on Rocksmith or Ubisoft in general as long as there is no working fix for this.

spacecowboy73
12-12-2013, 08:32 PM
The last few days I've been really annoyed by this bug. Two nights ago I thought I had it fixed where a song that wasn't leveling started leveling up again it seemed. The phrases were at varied levels on the results screen. I went to play that same song again last night and couldn't believe it had reverted to it's previous state.

I think maybe people aren't getting too upset by this bug because it does seem the developers are well aware of it.

Yonda1960
12-12-2013, 08:44 PM
I have been in PM correspondence with SquirellyNinja who confirms they are aware of the issue and that the workaround might not work for everyone. He also confirms they are working on a permanent fix which should be in the next patch (but doesn't say when it's going to be released)

Jahardo
12-13-2013, 02:35 AM
Can they post here about it then???? I find it very frustrating that this has been weeks and still no response!

sh1kamaru-
12-13-2013, 12:56 PM
There is, why do you think Nao asked PC users about getting involved in testing ? I’m sure it will be fixed some day ;)

I'm surprised there aren't more people affected by this problem and raising a ****storm, because it really sucks all the enjoyment out of Rocksmith.

I mostly play score attack, everytime I play in Learn a Song, it’s because I want to spawn riff repeater. I don’t experience those issues that much. When a song has a flat line I usually level some sections with riff repeater. To be clear, I’m not just adjusting the slider, I play the section until I can’t level up more so that these sections are somehow validated. Usually the levels I got are kept after I stop playing the song. Once it’s not a flat line anymore I usually have no issue with my progress being saved.

I understand why it can be annoying. To be honest on some songs where I spent significant time leveling them like “satch boogie” or “25 or 6 to 4” I have handwritten every level of every section to be able to restore them in case I get a flat line. Fortunately, there are few songs where I don’t have max-levelled all sections, but I can definitely see why it can be annoying if most songs you play aren’t max-levelled :/

Hope this will be fixed for good with the 1.03 patch.

swiegand
12-13-2013, 03:35 PM
+1

swiegand
12-13-2013, 03:41 PM
To be clear, I’m not just adjusting the slider, I play the section until I can’t level up more so that these sections are somehow validated. Usually the levels I got are kept after I stop playing the song. Once it’s not a flat line anymore I usually have no issue with my progress being saved.

Even this doesn't work for me.
I can play an easy song, within I can see everything turning purple (repeated sections), but when finished, the song has initial levelling again (can repeat over and over, same result).

It would be nice to know a rough estimate from Ubisoft about when to expect a patch. Probably 2014 if at all (since RS1 has not been fixed at all I am skeptical). It would save me a lot of time polling for news from forums...

sh1kamaru-
12-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Even this doesn't work for me.
I can play an easy song, within I can see everything turning purple (repeated sections), but when finished, the song has initial levelling again (can repeat over and over, same result).

It would be nice to know a rough estimate from Ubisoft about when to expect a patch. Probably 2014 if at all (since RS1 has not been fixed at all I am skeptical). It would save me a lot of time polling for news from forums...

Just to clarify, I’m still doing this in riff repeater, not normal playthrough. For 25 or 6 to 4, I actually played the whole song in riff repeater several times because there are just so many different sections that I would level up one or the other after each playthrough.

If you play in riff repeater, the song will not be finished, it will start over from the start.

swiegand
12-13-2013, 05:18 PM
I tried levelling up with RR as well. Does not work - even when it keeps the level, whoch is possible via workaround, this is lost after playing a couple of other songs.

The_Average_Joe
12-14-2013, 03:35 PM
This bug has made the game essentially unplayable for me.

swiegand
12-14-2013, 04:33 PM
This bug has made the game essentially unplayable for me.

They don't care. They already have your money.

C.Linton
12-16-2013, 08:31 AM
They don't care. They already have your money.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Why would they deliberately alienate their customer base and make them angry tenough to not buy any DLC, which is where the real money is made. The answer is, no they wouldn't ,they're not that stupid. They have every fiscal incentive to make the game work. They are working on this stuff, just because it's not fast enough for you, don't make the ridiculous assumption that they're not.

swiegand
12-16-2013, 09:03 AM
That makes no sense whatsoever. Why would they deliberately alienate their customer base and make them angry tenough to not buy any DLC, which is where the real money is made. The answer is, no they wouldn't ,they're not that stupid. They have every fiscal incentive to make the game work. They are working on this stuff, just because it's not fast enough for you, don't make the ridiculous assumption that they're not.

They never fixed RS1 for PS3.

LvlNinety9
12-16-2013, 09:35 AM

They tried and even by then I'm guessing they were well under way on developing RS2014. Usually when that happens support for the older product drops.

toymachinesh
12-16-2013, 12:10 PM

Harmonix never fully fixed Rock Band 3 for PS3 as well. Because it's a waste of their time

swiegand
12-16-2013, 12:14 PM
They tried and even by then I'm guessing they were well under way on developing RS2014. Usually when that happens support for the older product drops.

Whatever the reasons are - their update pretty much "bricked" my RS 2014 and there is no information from Ubisoft when there will be a fix. I don't trust them.
I am a software engineer. Our company would drop support for old versions as well, but bugs like in RS1 which would bring the system down and which were easy to reproduce would have been fixed by then.

swiegand
12-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Harmonix never fully fixed Rock Band 3 for PS3 as well. Because it's a waste of their time
I don't care about RB3. But my kids played it a lot. It never froze our PS3s ;-)

toymachinesh
12-16-2013, 12:19 PM
You're lucky I guess, there's a laundry list of issues with that game. Might also have to do with the amount of DLC people have.

LewisH08
12-16-2013, 09:54 PM
PS3 (AU):
We got the 1.02 patch only some week ago. The Riff Repeater is much worse than before the patch.
Pretty much every song I played didn't save progress. Before it was about 50/50. And even the ones which had saved progress properly prior patch have been reset-ed to default.
I mean this is fundamental feature for "learn guitar" experience, is it not? How they can be spending resources on weekly DLC and Twitt-ing that it is not that bad because you can level up each song manually? That is bs. some songs have very varied difficulty profile with multiple riff sections and it takes me 5 min to level it up. After that, I play the song, the bloody difficulty resets to default after finishing and I am switching RS off because I am so annoyed. This sucks.

swiegand
12-17-2013, 07:30 PM
What also sucks is that there is no mention when this will be fixed, if ever.
I will never ever buy any Ubisoft game again.

Yonda1960
12-17-2013, 07:52 PM
What also sucks is that there is no mention when this will be fixed, if ever.
I will never ever buy any Ubisoft game again.Ubisoft have acknowledged the problem persists after the 1.02 patch, and they are working on a permanent resolution. It's true we don't have a date for when this will be fixed, but with it impacting PS3, XBOX360, PC, and MAC, I think it's safe to say it's high up on their priority list.

swiegand
12-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Crossing fingers.

spiritofcat_
12-18-2013, 05:26 AM
I've had a variant of this problem for a long time now, but it only affects new DLC.
Whenever I try to play a new DLC song that I haven't played on that path before, the game shows the mastery graph at a fairly high level, maybe 50-70% before I go into the song, but as soon as I start the song it resets to 0% and I have to push it up manually with Riff Repeater.

I created a second profile so a friend could play multiplayer with me, and that profile is not experiencing the problem.

Today I finally gave in a created a new profile for myself and it seems to be behaving itself now.
The only regret I have is that it will take me a while to unlock all the bonus songs again...

Anyone else in this thread tried making a new profile to see if that solves their problem too?

toymachinesh
12-18-2013, 10:34 AM
There were 2 things that were affecting that mastery issue, patch got 1 but we think we found the other thing. Next patch though. (https://twitter.com/squirrellyninja/status/412777025498144768)

swiegand
12-18-2013, 12:18 PM
Trying to be patient...

RSDAVE
12-18-2013, 02:56 PM
At least that's good news... Would be nice that RS2014 starts working right for the start of 2014!

Haemsti
12-18-2013, 11:55 PM
Creating a new profile didn't work for me. At first it did look good but only until I played some more and the bug appeared again.

ChjodTheWacko
12-20-2013, 07:52 AM
Anyone else in this thread tried making a new profile to see if that solves their problem too?

My new profile is fine.
The most important thing to remember is to NOT USE riff repeater with the new profile.
Going into riff repeater and changing difficulty just opens yourself up for problems.
If I need to use riff repeater, I'll switch back to the other profile.

jaaba101
12-20-2013, 09:40 AM
I've had a variant of this problem for a long time now, but it only affects new DLC.
Whenever I try to play a new DLC song that I haven't played on that path before, the game shows the mastery graph at a fairly high level, maybe 50-70% before I go into the song, but as soon as I start the song it resets to 0% and I have to push it up manually with Riff Repeater.

I have got a similar problem after I had for the first time manually set the difficulty level in RR (did that for Say It Ain't So). After that all the unplayed songs behaved similarly as yours. Previously played worked as they should.

swiegand
12-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Not using RR? It would make more sense to buy tabs then.

ChjodTheWacko
12-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Not using RR? It would make more sense to buy tabs then.

You can, just don't use it under a non-broken profile.
Yes, this is annoying, but until ti's fixed, it's a workaround.

- Frank

swiegand
12-20-2013, 10:35 PM
You can, just don't use it under a non-broken profile.
Yes, this is annoying, but until ti's fixed, it's a workaround.

- Frank

Yup, but I wouldn't want to play *any* song with, say, 1-2 notes per bar ;-)
I usually walk through a song in RR and level everything to 100% from the beginning, just slow it down and let it increase speed automatically.
My kids OTOH rarely use RR, so it might work for them.

ChjodTheWacko
12-21-2013, 03:04 AM
Yup, but I wouldn't want to play *any* song with, say, 1-2 notes per bar ;-)

It's not nearly that bad.
Rocksmith is a lot smarter now in terms of bumping up default diffculty now.
It's not long before all your songs are starting off 60-70% orange.

Two things that really suck though:
1) Songs with 1-2 sections that are signifigantly harder than the rest. You can't use RR to just level the rest up.
2) A new profile has to restart all the unlocked stuff again. It's a real grind to get the rocksmith 2012 song.

swiegand
12-21-2013, 10:31 PM
I was about to try with a new profile, but now since there is the PC patch we might be just a couple or weeks away from a PS3 patch (ok, EU, maybe months for Australia).Can take a while with Sony.

KareemOWheat
12-22-2013, 05:40 AM

I made a new profile (I think I first reported it on here back on the 7th or so). It worked great for about a week, maybe week and a half playing a couple hours every night. But it's totally broken again, with most songs unable to level up now. The new profile works for awhile, but as the bug still exists it will eventually get the new profile, same as the old profile.

Bluesman25
12-23-2013, 07:33 PM
My new profile is fine.
The most important thing to remember is to NOT USE riff repeater with the new profile.
Going into riff repeater and changing difficulty just opens yourself up for problems.
If I need to use riff repeater, I'll switch back to the other profile.

I've been using a new PS profile for a few weeks now and it's working fine for me. Riff repeater, changing difficulties, everything is good.

goosfrabaaaah
12-30-2013, 06:27 PM
So is there any OTA on the patch to fix this annoying bug?
It is starting to affect more and more songs now and is getting very tedious...

swiegand
01-01-2014, 08:35 PM
2014 and RS is still crap. Happy New Year.

toymachinesh
01-02-2014, 01:06 AM

Christopher Woo said they hope to have another patch released in the next few months.

@swiegand your posts add literally nothing to this thread. You aren't funny. Just trade PMs with the other "comedian" on here.

mauibarber
01-02-2014, 02:59 AM
Just wanted to add my name to the list. Same thing is happening to me and it really ruins the point of the game. Please fix this Ubisoft, it can't be that difficult of a fix.

Banjomate
01-02-2014, 05:04 AM
I also have this issue. It also seems to affect it even if I haven't switched from rhythm to lead mode. It also resets even during the same session on some songs/lessons. I agree this is very annoying but I'm pretty confident they will fix this soon. If anyone remembers, RS1 had a lot of trouble with the game freezing during the concerts when you played more than three or four songs. They came out with a patch for that in a fairly short amount of time.

swiegand
01-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Christopher Woo said they hope to have another patch released in the next few months.

@swiegand your posts add literally nothing to this thread. You aren't funny. Just trade PMs with the other "comedian" on here.

Your posts don't add any new information either.
If you call me a comedian you are an idiot.
I am a customer who spent a fair amount of money on RS and DLC and I am upset.

NuclearWaste235
01-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Just want to add my name to the list. Playing in the UK on the xbox. Frustrating as I don't play too often so tend to forget exactly where the song was previously.

toymachinesh
01-03-2014, 01:52 AM
Your posts don't add any new information either.
If you call me a comedian you are an idiot.
I am a customer who spent a fair amount of money on RS and DLC and I am upset.

I guess you are an unintentional ****ty comedian then?

PieterMC
01-03-2014, 01:56 AM
Add me to the list too. Progress on some songs seems to be lost when switching from lead to rhythm and them back. The percentage progress has remained but when playing the song it reverts back to the start.

swiegand
01-03-2014, 09:54 AM
I guess you are an unintentional ****ty comedian then?

Whatever, little boy. Guessing is probably all you can.

MooseGoneWild
01-03-2014, 07:44 PM
For what it's worth: I also tried the workaround steps recommended earlier in this post, and that seemed to work for a few songs, but not all. I eventually deleted my progress and profile files from my PS3 and started the game from scratch... and for the first couple weeks of strictly following Rocksmith's recommended missions (play 2 new songs, reach 75% mastery on 2 songs, etc.) I didn't experience any mastery resetting problems. BUT the problem started resurfacing again over the holidays. It's random and frustrating. One thing that SEEMS to make a difference on certain songs is to scroll down and choose the "play this song arrangement" option - even if you've already played the song before, and the box is already checked off. I do this with most songs I play now, and about 75% of the time, the game has saved my mastery progress. But other times when it resets to a flat 50% mastery for all sections of a song, I seriously just want to throw something at my TV in frustration!

Can't wait for that next patch.

-Moose

RSDAVE
01-03-2014, 08:16 PM
For about 5-7 days all was fine, then last night I found out that what was levelled the week before had been reset. I did not change anything in between, and was pretty much doing the same actions every time. Like you said Moose, it seems totally random, although there is no such thing!

I was ready to start things off with a brand new profile (and new bass!) but alas, it seems it will only get me so far.

Oldmanjoe505
01-03-2014, 08:36 PM

Next few MONTHS!? That is not cool. next few days is more what should be happening. This is a huge bug and a very serious black eye for this program. Waiting months to fix it will only turn advocates to haters.

I'm an advocate, and was going to buy this for my nephew. I'm very much in a holding pattern and will wait to see how this is handled.

I can't believe that what little time I have to practice, I'm messing around with the game settings, things I shouldn't have to deal with.

toymachinesh
01-03-2014, 11:26 PM
Next few MONTHS!? That is not cool. next few days is more what should be happening. This is a huge bug and a very serious black eye for this program. Waiting months to fix it will only turn advocates to haters.

Well that's really out of their hands. Even if they fixed the issue in the next few days it would instantly appear for Steam (PC/Mac) and then it would be submitted to Microsoft/Sony who would put it through a lengthy approval process.

Yonda1960
01-04-2014, 01:13 AM
Well that's really out of their hands. Even if they fixed the issue in the next few days it would instantly appear for Steam (PC/Mac) and then it would be submitted to Microsoft/Sony who would put it through a lengthy approval process.
Sorry Toy, I just don't buy that. The first patch (1.02) didn't take many months to be released on Xbox/PS3, so why should this one be any different?

Yonda1960
01-04-2014, 01:16 AM
Sorry Toy, I just don't buy that. The first patch (1.02) didn't take many months to be released on Xbox/PS3, so why should this one be any different?Perhaps I should qualify that statement. I don't mean there wouldn't be a lengthy approval process, just that it shouldn't take many months (as has been proved with the 1.02 patch).

toymachinesh
01-04-2014, 02:42 AM
Well I'm pretty sure the team was off for 2 weeks so now it's back to work. So I'd expect the next patch to be end of January or mid February. /speculation

mauibarber
01-04-2014, 03:41 AM
I just want to know how its possible that a bug this huge that is effecting everybody who plays the game for a small amount of time could have gotten past all the beta testers? HOW on earth is this possible. I noticed it the second week I was playing the game. Its like beta testing pac man and seeing that the ghost just disappear and shrug and go oh well?

Steel_Nirvana
01-04-2014, 03:47 AM
It doesn't affect everyone. I've had the game (XBox) since release, and haven't seen this issue.

mauibarber
01-04-2014, 04:11 AM
Theres no way, Its across all platforms. I bet if you watched for it you would see it. If its not effecting everyone, then its possible to go out and by another copy of the game and it be perfectly fine? No way thats not how software works. Especially on closed systems like PS3.

Steel_Nirvana
01-04-2014, 04:16 AM
Sorry, dude, haven't seen it, and I play most every day. But don't let that stop your ranting, since you're obviously on a roll.

mauibarber
01-04-2014, 04:19 AM
How it it possible it only effects say half the people who went to walmart and bought the game?
Across ALL PLATFORMS. This isnt a ps3 or an xbox or a pc problem its all platforms. That means its a global software problem and eveyrone has it. Unless you have to do something in game to make ti happen. But it still means you have the problem u just havent done what you need to do to break the software.

Steel_Nirvana
01-04-2014, 04:25 AM
So it's affecting me even if it's not affecting me? Cool! Now I just have to remember not to press LB, RS, A, X, RB while standing on my left leg on a Tuesday, and I'll be fine.

Or you could be a little less shrill and accept the fact the company is probably working hard to fix it, and really doesn't hate their customers. Except you; I have it from a reliable source they're specifically targeting you with a low-level campaign of studied indifference.

mauibarber
01-04-2014, 04:45 AM
Shrill? Maybe Shill as in you are a shill for the company. I think I asked a pretty damn good question. How could Ubi's beta testers not see this? And your response is what... only most people have this bug and not you. Im talking facts (at least the facts we know). The fact is its a software problem and not a hardware problem. If its a software problem then everyone has it. You can try to be a funny guy but thats how software works. Not just some of the software code goes out bad. Its all or nothing.
Then you try to be super funny guy by saying its just me. WTF are u talking about. There are 20 pages (more if you count all the individual posts outside this thread) of people saying fix this damn bug. And if you read these pages the general consensus was that Riff repeater causes the problem. Maybe your not using riff repeater? Who really knows but you are doing something to avoid the crash in the program but I guarantee the corrupt code is on your disc.

Only a guy who works for Ubi would come on this board and respond to my basic questions in this manner. I mean dang, you have almost 3000 posts. How could anyone not related to the company have that many posts. LOL how could you come up with 3000 posts on a ubisoft board. You are on here 24/7? You have been a member here for two years and you post nearly 4 posts a day, every day for the entire two years? Come on come clean.

I got one more question. Whats a guy who has no trouble with his game coming into the help section of a thread he has no use for (posting many many times in said thread)? Then when you come on your sole purpose it to tell everyone how great ubisoft is. Yeah your no shill.

Steel_Nirvana
01-04-2014, 05:45 PM
You should read more closely. I didn't say it was just you. I simply called you out, first on your assertion that everyone is suffering this bug (they're not), and next on your further assertion that even if my console doesn't have this problem, then it has this problem. Nowhere did I say the problem didn't exist, or that UBI shouldn't fix it; I simply take issue with your hyperbole and nonsensical assertions...like the one where anyone who disagrees with you or offers evidence contrary to your ranting must be a clandestine Ubisoft marketer.

So your best way forward is simply to state your problem calmly and logically--with just the facts and none of the emotion--and hope someone has figured out a fix. Because even though I don't work for them, I can state with 100% certainty that their software gurus aren't monitoring these boards and saying to themselves, "Man, that dude mauibarber is really upset about this issue! Even though there's an easy in-game workaround, let's elevate this fix to the top of the list--that Steam DLC issue and the crashing bugs can wait!" Then, if the community doesn't have a fix, you should submit a help ticket. Because--again, even though I'm not an employee--my guess is the number of help tickets on a given issue is probably the actual metric used to prioritize bug fixes, rather than forum rants.

The moral of the story: next time you think you speak for everyone, remember that you don't. Speak for yourself, and limit your observations to your observations, and you'll do better.

mauibarber
01-04-2014, 07:57 PM
How can everyone not be suffering this bug, it's a software issue? Can I simply go buy another disc and the problem will be gone forever? How would this be possible? That's question one .... unanswered.
How did the beta testers miss this colossal, all platform bug? That's question two... unanswered.
Why are you posting constantly on a topic that you really have no first hand experience with? Telling others what they should do when you have no idea what it feels like to experience the frustration. It's akin to telling a cancer patient how to feel when you don't have cancer. And posting it on a cancer board lol .... unanswered.

The problem is very clear but no questions have been answered. That is the point of my posts all along. You may not like it when customers dare ask the great ubisoft questions but that's your deal. The rest of us have some questions. Very civil and well thought out questions. Why do you have such a problem with that if your not a shill?

"Even though there's an easy in-game workaround" This is the most interesting thing in your post. Please tell us the work around. I have been studying the boards and haven't heard any fix for this at all. Please tell us the easy workaround. I've tried new accounts, resetting the riff repeater to 0, re installing DLC with glitches, etc. Nothing seems to work. Not sure how you know about the easy work around when you don't have the problem yourself but I would love to hear it.

The rest of your post had zero to do with anything I posted and is just your own hyperbole. When did I ever say I speak for everyone? Your just making things up.

You should read more closely. I didn't say it was just you. I simply called you out, first on your assertion that everyone is suffering this bug (they're not), and next on your further assertion that even if my console doesn't have this problem, then it has this problem. Nowhere did I say the problem didn't exist, or that UBI shouldn't fix it; I simply take issue with your hyperbole and nonsensical assertions...like the one where anyone who disagrees with you or offers evidence contrary to your ranting must be a clandestine Ubisoft marketer.

So your best way forward is simply to state your problem calmly and logically--with just the facts and none of the emotion--and hope someone has figured out a fix. Because even though I don't work for them, I can state with 100% certainty that their software gurus aren't monitoring these boards and saying to themselves, "Man, that dude mauibarber is really upset about this issue! Even though there's an easy in-game workaround, let's elevate this fix to the top of the list--that Steam DLC issue and the crashing bugs can wait!" Then, if the community doesn't have a fix, you should submit a help ticket. Because--again, even though I'm not an employee--my guess is the number of help tickets on a given issue is probably the actual metric used to prioritize bug fixes, rather than forum rants.

The moral of the story: next time you think you speak for everyone, remember that you don't. Speak for yourself, and limit your observations to your observations, and you'll do better.

Steel_Nirvana
01-04-2014, 08:58 PM
Still got that hysterical thing going that makes it difficult to take what you say seriously, but here, at long last...

http://youtu.be/3R5gHF0vzew

...all your questions are answered.

Question the first: many software bugs don't manifest universally. About a nanosecond on the search engine of your choice should clear that up. There were several versions of iOS, for example, that, for only some users, would cause the battery to drain at an accelerated rate. It was a bug, and it was software, but not everyone was affected, despite the closed ecosystem. Amazing! But true.

Question the second: perhaps it's not nearly as universal as you think? Or perhaps they simply deemed it non-critical and are planning to fix it at a later date. There are any number of reasons not to fix a bug during development, even if it's found.

Question the third: you've unfortunately succumbed to the genetic fallacy. I don't have to have experienced the bug in order to give you clues how to deal with it, any more than a physician has to have experienced cancer in order to treat it. If you think my advice is incorrect, point out where.

Question the next: I don't have a problem with anyone reporting problems. I do have a problem with incorrect generalization and shrill hyperbole.

Question the last: the workaround is simply to manually set the difficulty level when you play. Reading the OP, the problem seems to be one of the difficulty resetting. That's not a critical bug, and the fix takes only a couple of button-presses, depending on your system. Sure, it'd be a bit of a pain, but it's not the all-consuming disaster you seem to think it is.

Finally, you said you speak for everyone when you incorrectly claimed the problem to be affecting everyone. It isn't. And "your" is possessive.

LvlNinety9
01-04-2014, 09:32 PM
How can everyone not be suffering this bug, it's a software issue? Can I simply go buy another disc and the problem will be gone forever? How would this be possible? That's question one .... unanswered.
How did the beta testers miss this colossal, all platform bug? That's question two... unanswered.
Why are you posting constantly on a topic that you really have no first hand experience with? Telling others what they should do when you have no idea what it feels like to experience the frustration. It's akin to telling a cancer patient how to feel when you don't have cancer. And posting it on a cancer board lol .... unanswered.

The problem is very clear but no questions have been answered. That is the point of my posts all along. You may not like it when customers dare ask the great ubisoft questions but that's your deal. The rest of us have some questions. Very civil and well thought out questions. Why do you have such a problem with that if your not a shill?

"Even though there's an easy in-game workaround" This is the most interesting thing in your post. Please tell us the work around. I have been studying the boards and haven't heard any fix for this at all. Please tell us the easy workaround. I've tried new accounts, resetting the riff repeater to 0, re installing DLC with glitches, etc. Nothing seems to work. Not sure how you know about the easy work around when you don't have the problem yourself but I would love to hear it.

The rest of your post had zero to do with anything I posted and is just your own hyperbole. When did I ever say I speak for everyone? Your just making things up.

Ok just to clarify I play on both Xbox 360 and PC. Neither platform has had this issue. So for you to say that "everyone" is suffering this problem is asinine. Also you say that Steel has to be a Ubi Shill because he has almost 3000 posts in the forum. You do realize that Ubi has different forums for different games. And they all go towards your post count regardless of which forum you are posting in. So maybe he plays other Ubi games and posts in those respective forums. Or maybe he just likes to come on to the forum which has been up for a few years and likes to talk guitars and music and tries to help people like you who have issues. A lot of the people in the Rocksmith forum try their best to help out the community. Stop the hate stop trying to be insulting because you are making yourself look foolish for someone who is trying to help others enjoy the game until Ubi releases the next patch.

mauibarber
01-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Still got that hysterical thing going that makes it difficult to take what you say seriously, but here, at long last...

http://youtu.be/3R5gHF0vzew

...all your questions are answered.

Question the first: many software bugs don't manifest universally. About a nanosecond on the search engine of your choice should clear that up. There were several versions of iOS, for example, that, for only some users, would cause the battery to drain at an accelerated rate. It was a bug, and it was software, but not everyone was affected, despite the closed ecosystem. Amazing! But true.

Question the second: perhaps it's not nearly as universal as you think? Or perhaps they simply deemed it non-critical and are planning to fix it at a later date. There are any number of reasons not to fix a bug during development, even if it's found.

Question the third: you've unfortunately succumbed to the genetic fallacy. I don't have to have experienced the bug in order to give you clues how to deal with it, any more than a physician has to have experienced cancer in order to treat it. If you think my advice is incorrect, point out where.

Question the next: I don't have a problem with anyone reporting problems. I do have a problem with incorrect generalization and shrill hyperbole.

Question the last: the workaround is simply to manually set the difficulty level when you play. Reading the OP, the problem seems to be one of the difficulty resetting. That's not a critical bug, and the fix takes only a couple of button-presses, depending on your system. Sure, it'd be a bit of a pain, but it's not the all-consuming disaster you seem to think it is.

Finally, you said you speak for everyone when you incorrectly claimed the problem to be affecting everyone. It isn't. And "your" is possessive.

Oh come on man, this last post was very informative and then you had to become a grammar nazi at the end and ruin it?

I looked up the iOS battery drain issue and could find no article on how some users were effected and some were not. I find it interesting but could not find the information. Could you supply a link for me?

I have no idea how many users have it but you can tell by the boards that it is a lot. And (in my opinion) it is a big problem for the game. My question was more of did the beta testers see this problem of did a later update cause the problem? This is something I would like ubi to answer. If a later update caused the problem than the fix should be that much easier.

I'm not really following your analogy. To me you are more telling people how to respond to the problem not "cure" it but whatever.

You keep using the word shrill but I can't figure out what exactly you're talking about. Could you highlight the quote / quotes from me you find shrill? I have questions that if possible i would like answered. It's very difficult to read tone on a message board so there must be something extreme i posted to lead you to the shrill comment.

The only way the "workaround" really works for a new guitar player would be to manually write down the different levels you were at and then set them there each time. I probably have 40 songs that don't work, its not realistic to write all that down.

Best post yet though Nirvana (seriously it was interesting), except for the grammar thing at the end. That was poor taste imo.

mauibarber
01-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Ok just to clarify I play on both Xbox 360 and PC. Neither platform has had this issue. So for you to say that "everyone" is suffering this problem is asinine. Also you say that Steel has to be a Ubi Shill because he has almost 3000 posts in the forum. You do realize that Ubi has different forums for different games. And they all go towards your post count regardless of which forum you are posting in. So maybe he plays other Ubi games and posts in those respective forums. Or maybe he just likes to come on to the forum which has been up for a few years and likes to talk guitars and music and tries to help people like you who have issues. A lot of the people in the Rocksmith forum try their best to help out the community. Stop the hate stop trying to be insulting because you are making yourself look foolish for someone who is trying to help others enjoy the game until Ubi releases the next patch.

Oh stop, there is no hate going on. Nirvana and I have been discussing this quite politely. He has his opinion I have mine, just because two people don't agree with one another doesn't mean there is hate. Let the men discuss.

swiegand
01-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Fact is, there are serious bugs, maybe they don't affect everyone, but they do affect many people - see other forum posts. Even if it seems that a "workaround" fixes the major mastery resetting bug, a bunch of users came back later telling us it doesn't work.
So there are bugs which prevent people from using RS in an obvious, expected manner.
Ubisoft knows about these bugs (since how long???), but still they do not tell us that they will fix the bug(s) for PS3, nor when.
So although it might not be funny for some to read about cynical complaints, there are valid reasons to be upset.

mauibarber
01-04-2014, 10:08 PM
I am really fascinated and trying to understand how say 100 people can all have the EXACT same disc with the EXACT same program on it and have 80 people have problems/bugs and the other 20 do not. I am definitely not a software expert and have been googling like crazy to find information on this phenomenon and cant find a thing. Nirvana says its a known thing but I can't find info on it. If anybody has a good link to this phenomenon I am interested in reading about it.

Steel_Nirvana
01-04-2014, 10:14 PM
No, actually, I'd argue there aren't valid reasons to be upset. Valid reasons to post a bug report, sure. To contact support, right on. To post here seeing if others have the same problem and if they've discovered a workaround, absolutely. To rant and rave and insist that a large multinational corporation answer every post from annoyed users, not so much. To complain that Ubisoft owes you answers on your personal issue, along with a timeline when they plan to fix it and their analysis of how they failed to correct it before release, not at all.

Also, not sure what you mean by the workaround not working. Are you saying you can't set the difficulty in Riff Repeater? That'd be a different bug entirely.

As to mauibearber's complaint about remembering status on 40 different songs...dunno...does it just reset the difficulty, or does it also erase the Mastery saved from the last time you played. If it's just the difficulty, you can use whatever Mastery level is recorded to set the difficulty in RR, so you don't have to remember each song.

mauibarber
01-04-2014, 10:25 PM
No, actually, I'd argue there aren't valid reasons to be upset. Valid reasons to post a bug report, sure. To contact support, right on. To post here seeing if others have the same problem and if they've discovered a workaround, absolutely. To rant and rave and insist that a large multinational corporation answer every post from annoyed users, not so much. To complain that Ubisoft owes you answers on your personal issue, along with a timeline when they plan to fix it and their analysis of how they failed to correct it before release, not at all.

Also, not sure what you mean by the workaround not working. Are you saying you can't set the difficulty in Riff Repeater? That'd be a different bug entirely.

As to mauibearber's complaint about remembering status on 40 different songs...dunno...does it just reset the difficulty, or does it also erase the Mastery saved from the last time you played. If it's just the difficulty, you can use whatever Mastery level is recorded to set the difficulty in RR, so you don't have to remember each song.

Nirvana seriously stop putting words in my mouth. I never said ubisoft "owes me answers" I would like an answer, just like I would like a hamburger. Nobody owes me a hamburger. Doesn't mean I'm wrong for wanting an answer or a hamburger. It's these kind of "made up" comments that make me think you are a shill.

And your "opinion" as to whether someone should be upset or not is worthless. I don't mean that in a mean way, just a matter of fact. If your wife/girlfriend (im assuming you're male) was upset and you told her that she doesn't have a valid reason to be upset what is going to happen? She is going to be more upset. Telling someone they don't have the right to be upset about something just makes things worse and really your opinion on what other people feel is, like i said, worthless.

Mine erases the mastery saved form the last time I played. It wipes it out.

I was under the impression that it effected all consoles but I might be wrong about that. Are only PS3 users having this problem? Because that would change things. If it is a PS3 code thing than clearly you are not going to have the issue. Maybe it just effects all/a lot of PS3 users?

Steel_Nirvana
01-04-2014, 10:39 PM
For someone who doesn't think they're owed answers, you keep going on and on about how you haven't gotten any answers. I'm not sure there's another way to read that, frankly.

Get upset if you'd like, but working yourself into a snit isn't going to be productive, and you also have to acknowledge that it's neither Ubisoft's fault nor problem that you're upset. So saying you're upset isn't really productive. So why do it?

When you say it erases the mastery, what exactly do you mean? Just that the blocks reset to some arbitrary standard, or that the game tells you you've never played that song before and shows 0% in the menu and the song when you select it. If the latter, sure, that sucks a little bit more, but it's certainly not a fatal error that makes the game unplayable. If it's only in the Learn a Song section, you could also circumvent it entirely by placing your favorite songs in the Continuous Play section and using that mode.

See how much more info you can get by trying to be reasonable instead of making outrageously false claims and ranting?

swiegand
01-04-2014, 10:55 PM
I am really fascinated and trying to understand how say 100 people can all have the EXACT same disc with the EXACT same program on it and have 80 people have problems/bugs and the other 20 do not. I am definitely not a software expert and have been googling like crazy to find information on this phenomenon and cant find a thing. Nirvana says its a known thing but I can't find info on it. If anybody has a good link to this phenomenon I am interested in reading about it.

With the 1.02 patch they "fixed" an issue with corrupting the mastery level in multiplayer. Not all users play multiplayer, this is an example how a bug can affect only a subset of users.
So the users who do not have the problem may use the game differently.

Steel_Nirvana
01-04-2014, 11:04 PM
Like with the iPhone, there was a hardware glitch that affected some iPhone 5s, and also a software bug where if you had all the bells and whistles (like automatic downloads and active screen) turned on and were a power-user, you'd see drastically decreased battery life. But if you didn't have all those features turned on and try to use your phone constantly, it wasn't really noticeable.

swiegand
01-04-2014, 11:16 PM
No, actually, I'd argue there aren't valid reasons to be upset.
RS2014 is crap on my PS3's hard drive because the 1.02 patch made it unusable. They know about it and fix it for the PC, but no word about the PS3. They never fixed RS1 for PS3, it still crashes very often (well, usually hangs). There are reasons to be upset, mainly because they got my money for nothing. IMO there are even valid reasons for the developers to apologise LOL.

LvlNinety9
01-04-2014, 11:30 PM
Oh stop, there is no hate going on. Nirvana and I have been discussing this quite politely. He has his opinion I have mine, just because two people don't agree with one another doesn't mean there is hate. Let the men discuss.

Ok for one you better check yourself because I wasn't referring to you. So don't interject your opinion when it has nothing to do with you. And let the men discuss? Now that is in poor taste because again, I was not referring to you. Now you have made yourself look foolish.

mauibarber
01-04-2014, 11:48 PM
For someone who doesn't think they're owed answers, you keep going on and on about how you haven't gotten any answers. I'm not sure there's another way to read that, frankly.

Get upset if you'd like, but working yourself into a snit isn't going to be productive, and you also have to acknowledge that it's neither Ubisoft's fault nor problem that you're upset. So saying you're upset isn't really productive. So why do it?

When you say it erases the mastery, what exactly do you mean? Just that the blocks reset to some arbitrary standard, or that the game tells you you've never played that song before and shows 0% in the menu and the song when you select it. If the latter, sure, that sucks a little bit more, but it's certainly not a fatal error that makes the game unplayable. If it's only in the Learn a Song section, you could also circumvent it entirely by placing your favorite songs in the Continuous Play section and using that mode.

See how much more info you can get by trying to be reasonable instead of making outrageously false claims and ranting?

You are ridiculous man. Nobody is ranting raving or on a snit or whatever you want to call it. I never even used the word upset until that last post to illustrate a point... that was another word you put into my mouth. Clearly your stuck on some kind slant and we are not going to agree so lets just drop it.

I'll just do my own thing by making "outrageously false claims and ranting" funny stuff. Now I see how you got so many posts, you always have to have the last word. If you want to talk to me more about this PM me, at this point we are just cluttering the board.

mauibarber
01-04-2014, 11:50 PM
Ok for one you better check yourself because I wasn't referring to you. So don't interject your opinion when it has nothing to do with you. And let the men discuss? Now that is in poor taste because again, I was not referring to you. Now you have made yourself look foolish.

Easy Tupac. You better check YO self before you wreck YO self. Who were u referring to?

mauibarber
01-04-2014, 11:53 PM
RS2014 is crap on my PS3's hard drive because the 1.02 patch made it unusable. They know about it and fix it for the PC, but no word about the PS3. They never fixed RS1 for PS3, it still crashes very often (well, usually hangs). There are reasons to be upset, mainly because they got my money for nothing. IMO there are even valid reasons for the developers to apologise LOL.

Does anybody know (or has anyone tried) to reinstall the game with no updates. Does this fix the resetting problem? I swear I never noticed it until after the update. If that worked I would do it tonight.

LvlNinety9
01-04-2014, 11:58 PM
Easy Tupac. You better check YO self before you wreck YO self. Who were u referring to?

Wow couldn't even get that right.

First off it's Ice Cube not Tupac that said that.

And for 2 I was referring to Mr. Sweigand. He seems to have a lot of hostility going on.

swiegand
01-05-2014, 12:13 AM
Wow couldn't even get that right.

First off it's Ice Cube not Tupac that said that.

And for 2 I was referring to Mr. Sweigand. He seems to have a lot of hostility going on.

That wasn't clear, but who cares.
Many people can't use RS like it is actually meant to be used, but there are many minions who pretend there is no real problem. Interestingly even from other platforms. This is ridiculous, isn't it?

Steel_Nirvana
01-05-2014, 12:15 AM
I certainly don't remember saying there wasn't a problem; just that it wasn't universal, and that there's a workaround. Both true statements.

Steel_Nirvana
01-05-2014, 12:20 AM
You are ridiculous man. Nobody is ranting raving or on a snit or whatever you want to call it. I never even used the word upset until that last post to illustrate a point... that was another word you put into my mouth. Clearly your stuck on some kind slant and we are not going to agree so lets just drop it.

I'll just do my own thing by making "outrageously false claims and ranting" funny stuff. Now I see how you got so many posts, you always have to have the last word. If you want to talk to me more about this PM me, at this point we are just cluttering the board.

Wow, now you're calling me even more names. Way to show how reasonable you are. :rolleyes:

You've made several outrageously false claims: that this bug affects everyone, and that, due to the way software works, it has to affect everyone. And when called on it you first called me names, then quietly had to admit not only that the bug isn't universal, but that you really have no idea how software works.

I'm thinking I see where the ridiculosity comes in....

swiegand
01-05-2014, 12:34 AM
I certainly don't remember saying there wasn't a problem; just that it wasn't universal, and that there's a workaround. Both true statements.

Man, there is no workaround. I guess you mean that it is possible to manually set the difficulty for a song in RR. That means you have to remember the level for each section of a song. Write it down? Really?
I personally do not need it - I set everything to 100% anyway, so for me it would just be annoying. But my kids aren't setting it to 100%, they would need to progress slowly.

Well, this is an official Ubisoft support forum, no? And the answer for mastery resetting issues on PS3 is currently what?

mauibarber
01-05-2014, 12:54 AM
I think I was thrown off by a couple Xbox and Pc posts about not leveling up but I think those were a red herring. Looks like it is a PS3 bug. So here is the $10,000,000 question. Does anybody on this board with a PS3 not have this bug? I want to hear from people who have had the game for at least 3 weeks and played around with riff repeater, DLC, guitarcade etc.

Has anyone completely removed the game from their hard drive, reinstalled without the updates? I wonder if that would fix it.

@Steel_Nirvana, If i hurt your feelings I apologize. I wasn't trying to call names, I just think the whole conversation between you and I is ridiculous. I feel you are reading tone into a text based discussion that is simply not there. Simply put, I have questions about this bug that was hoping Ubisoft could answer. I would still like to see an article where a bug on two identical discs and systems will only effect one person with all other things being equal. You say this is a real phenomenon, and I would like to learn more.

@Lvl99 Yeah bro, I know its Ice Cube I was just ribbing ya. What is interesting about that song is the clean version (I.M.O) is soooo much better than the dirty version. Have you heard the non radio version? It makes me cringe. lol

swiegand
01-05-2014, 12:59 AM
Has anyone completely removed the game from their hard drive, reinstalled without the updates? I wonder if that would fix it.

For me this would mean re-downloading it, and I'm not going to try, since it might be version 1.02 anyway. I just gave up playing it a while ago.

Steel_Nirvana
01-05-2014, 01:44 AM
Well, this is an official Ubisoft support forum, no?

No, actually.

It's a Ubisoft forum, and it's for support, but it's not a forum for official Ubisoft support. If you want official Ubisoft support, you need to work through the support system by submitting a ticket. The link is in the sig of all the mods, so it's easy enough to find. This forum is for users to help each other out, as needed, since a lot of support issues are really user issues.

Hope that helps frame your expectations.

LvlNinety9
01-05-2014, 02:13 AM
@Lvl99 Yeah bro, I know its Ice Cube I was just ribbing ya. What is interesting about that song is the clean version (I.M.O) is soooo much better than the dirty version. Have you heard the non radio version? It makes me cringe. lol

I have and to be honest I prefer the radio edit better myself. Of course I haven't listened to that type of music in forever.

MooseGoneWild
01-05-2014, 05:04 AM
I'm in the same boat. Was considering buying this game for my niece for Christmas, since she recently got her first guitar and will be starting lessons in the new year. But with this glitch, and considering she lives out of state (so it would be difficult to help her set up the game and show her what to expect), I decided to hold off buying. I'm in my 40s and I've learned to deal with setbacks without getting discouraged. She's in her teens, and I'd hate to see her give up guitar before she even gets started, because a "game" tells her she's DECLINING in skill, instead of progressing.

I'm an advocate, and was going to buy this for my nephew. I'm very much in a holding pattern and will wait to see how this is handled.

I can't believe that what little time I have to practice, I'm messing around with the game settings, things I shouldn't have to deal with.

Yonda1960
01-05-2014, 08:56 AM
I think I was thrown off by a couple Xbox and Pc posts about not leveling up but I think those were a red herring. Looks like it is a PS3 bug. So here is the $10,000,000 question. Does anybody on this board with a PS3 not have this bug?
I think the bug has impacted all formats at one time or another, but the PC people got a patch last year to fix it (see here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/818436-Steam-Patch-Notes-12-19), so they shouldn't be getting it anymore. I also understand that to release patches on PS3/Xbox is much more expensive than on PC, which is why those formats haven't got anything yet; it looks like they want to release one massive patch rather than several smaller ones like they do on PC format.

By the way, I can confirm this definitely impacts me and is very annoying.

toymachinesh
01-05-2014, 02:40 PM
according to reddit PC's mastery gets reset as well, although I don't see them voice their concern nearly as much as PS3/Xbox

Jahardo
01-06-2014, 05:27 PM
When submitting tickets on this issue, they said to look for official information about upcoming fixes on the website and forums. Has this happened yet? We absolutely have the right to know when this GAME BREAKING bug will be fixed, and if not in a timely fashion the option for returning the game for a full refunds. This isn't some little indie studio with very limited resources. We expect better from large companies like this, since they reason they got large was from the large fan/customer base buying their games.

Jahardo
01-06-2014, 06:30 PM
Sorry, but I can't let this die. Here is what i'm seeing in the saved game data section of my ps3. I have started a fresh ps3 account and fresh game, played only the tutorial and one song. I see this:
http://i.imgur.com/JBHSUSu.jpg

Why are there TWO profiles for one game? If you ask me this is a recipe for save errors (including this mastery issue).

When playing at a friends house who has the xbox version we set up an account for me. By happy accident we skipped the tutorial and decided to start over. We deleted the game data and lo and behold there was only ONE game save/data to delete. He has no problems with mastery resetting. We've played multiplayer and single player with no issues and even used the riff repeater.

Maybe I'm chasing my tail here, but I'm hoping this will help get this stupid game breaking bug fixed. Otherwise I want my money back so I can buy the xbox version.

Oldmanjoe505
01-06-2014, 06:41 PM

I find it a bit odd you are telling us how we should deal with a bug that you don't know much about.
I'm on an xbox, and I'm learning, so my mastery level can be anywhere 20 to 100 percent depending on the song. Most songs I play have higher mastery level, but few are all purple. So when I go to play these songs, my completed level may say I'm at 83% and when I play the song, it plays like I've never played it before, as in ever. So yes, I can go to RR and up the level, but to what? Not 100%, I'm not there yet. Some phrases, I might be, others not so much. Bu t there is no way to get back to the level last time I played. It is not a big deal if I played at 100%, but I don't, so it becomes a big deal. That is why it needs an immediate fix. That is also why I won't buy a copy for my nephew until it is resolved.

Let's just say you played Assasins creed. You complete mission 6 and save the game. The next day you log on, and there you are at mission 5, you complete mission 6, and save. The next day you are again starting at mission 5. How long before a patch is required?

Steel_Nirvana
01-06-2014, 08:44 PM
All I'm saying, Oldmanjoe505, is that it's an inconvenience--moreso if you're intermediate than just beginning or very experienced--rather than a critical flaw. You can either reset the overall mastery to approximate what it says you earned before, or you can play through it a couple of times and it'll level up. Or just move all your favorite songs to Nonstop Play and use that instead of Learn A Song, it's happening in the Learn A Song interface as the OP says.

Sure, I think it should be fixed, and of course people should report it. But the hysteria and hyperbole about this breaking the entire game are misplaced and counterproductive. Heck, it's not even affecting everyone, so my guess is the devs look at it, say to themselves, "Yep, better fix that as part of the next-ish patch, and move on to more critical issues."

RSDAVE
01-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Something I noticed yesterday, as I switched back from LEAD to BASS: the number of times I've played a song got reset as well. So, I have some songs leveled at say, 105%, with a play count of "000".

I've been reading posts for a couple of weeks now and wanted to chime in. Let me first tell that I am every bit as annoyed as everyone else affected by this bug...

But these forums have been so far the most civilized and helpful that I've seen in all gamedom, and I would love to help them stay the way they are.

So:
- Yes, the game has bug. Even if you don't have any issue, a lot of people do.
- No, these bugs don't affect everyone.
- No, Ubisoft is not a greedy company that does not stand behing what they sell.
- Yes, they are working on a patch.
- Yes, it cannot come soon enough.
- Yes, PS3 users have more of a sensitive skin because RS1 had more issues on that platform.
- No, RS2014 is not the worst game ever.
- ABSOLUTELY YES, RS2014 is still enjoyable, still playable and still the best way to learn.

Now UBI, fix the dang thing (lol) :D

There, and guys, it's just a game, nobody died or anything.

Steel_Nirvana
01-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Wow, you're good--105% before you even play! ;)

exolstice
01-06-2014, 09:01 PM
...or you can play through it a couple of times and it'll level up.

That doesn't work. At a certain point songs get reset after every play through and as someone who likes to play songs over and over again to memorize them, I can tell you this bug is pretty critical. Sure, most everything else works fine, however, the main selling point of the game (i.e. songs and their auto-leveling) is completely broken. The bug makes Rocksmith 2014 less enjoyable than the original game for playing songs.

Oldmanjoe505
01-06-2014, 09:15 PM
All I'm saying, Oldmanjoe505, is that it's an inconvenience--moreso if you're intermediate than just beginning or very experienced--rather than a critical flaw. You can either reset the overall mastery to approximate what it says you earned before, or you can play through it a couple of times and it'll level up. Or just move all your favorite songs to Nonstop Play and use that instead of Learn A Song, it's happening in the Learn A Song interface as the OP says.

Sure, I think it should be fixed, and of course people should report it. But the hysteria and hyperbole about this breaking the entire game are misplaced and counterproductive. Heck, it's not even affecting everyone, so my guess is the devs look at it, say to themselves, "Yep, better fix that as part of the next-ish patch, and move on to more critical issues."

Again, you don't understand. when it drops the level, it drops the level for the whole game. So if I play it through nonstop play, it still is missing notes until it levels me back up to where I was.

Maybe you don't feel re-doing stuff you already completed as not being critical, but it is to me. If I only have one hour to practice, and half of that time is either spent re-configuring or playing at a level below what I'm capable of, then it is wasting my time, and it is a big deal. No it's not so big if I have hours upon hours to play, but I have other things to do, and so my one hour being wasted is annoying.

Steel_Nirvana
01-06-2014, 09:18 PM
Less enjoyable != not functional.

I'm sure it's a huge pain in the backside; I'm just saying over-the-top drama is rarely a useful technique to get good customer service.

Oldmanjoe505
01-06-2014, 11:11 PM

I'm sure it's a huge pain in the backside; I'm just saying over-the-top drama is rarely a useful technique to get good customer service.

Or doesn't work as advertised? That seems to apply.

As someone who deals with support regularly, I start of nice, but when they don't respond, I do get louder, and unfortunately, that works. When potential buyers see a support forum with 24 pages of complaint about their "flagship feature" it could impact sales. Let's hope UBI gets this fixed quickly so they can remove the thread. Otherwise it deserves to be front and center.

rcole_sooner
01-06-2014, 11:23 PM
As I understand it, they are working on a fix.

I have no word as to when or what.

We just are going to have to wait.

goosfrabaaaah
01-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Can oldmanjoe and steel nirvana please shake hands?
I know you guys differ in opinion, but this thread is getting bogged down with the discussion between you two.
Maybe you can use the PM function so we can keep this thread focused on the bug and a potential fix, should one arise....
I think we got both your views on it by now ;)

Thanks guys, appreciate it :)

Jahardo
01-08-2014, 12:48 AM

Here's the problem. If i could play songs once to relevel them you would be correct. However this bug causes songs to stay at a certain percentage every time you restart them. I can be playing a song, have it be leveling up while I'm playing, finish the song and then have it go right back to where it started where it's bugged. So I could have all purple sections by the end of the song and then WHAM when i get to the results screen everything is back to yellow.

How is that not "not functional"? It is both less enjoyable and not functional. I could just play everything on hard in the arcade version of the song and keep failing until i learn the parts, but that would suck for the solos.

I kinda think some people have a annoying occasional reset of one song bug and others (like myself) have a game breaking resets everything constantly to the point of not working bug.

Steel_Nirvana
01-08-2014, 01:04 AM
It's functional because it literally takes just a couple of button-presses to manually set the difficulty when you play. So you can still play--it just takes more effort than it should.

But you do have a valid point in that there seems to be a spectrum from not affected to never saving the data. Obviously, it would suck pretty hard to have to manually set the level every time, or to have to play on the default level.

Bluesman25
01-08-2014, 04:22 AM
God damn it!!! This isn't fixed yet? I just spent weeks re-levelling the songs that I was playing under my old PSN profile and it was working great (with a new profile) until I started playing the new DLC I downloaded today. Now it's ****ed again.

Also, it would be nice if they fixed the riff repeater so that it gradually speeds up when I get all the notes correct. If I'm working on a solo at 60%, i don't think that I'm ready for 100% if I get it right once. Baby steps please. I know that I can control this manually, but I believe that the intent in auto is to gradually speed up (like the original game).

swiegand
01-08-2014, 10:31 AM
It's functional because it literally takes just a couple of button-presses to manually set the difficulty when you play. So you can still play--it just takes more effort than it should.

But you do have a valid point in that there seems to be a spectrum from not affected to never saving the data. Obviously, it would suck pretty hard to have to manually set the level every time, or to have to play on the default level.

You obviously do not see the problem.
It does not just take "a couple of button presses". You would need to keep track of each section manually, maybe by writing it down. How do you get that data? When returning to the menu the data is already lost. Only way would be to enter RR before the song ends.
Even if you had the data available, you would need to enter RR before playing a song and set the level of each section.

Steel_Nirvana
01-08-2014, 11:27 AM
God damn it!!! This isn't fixed yet? I just spent weeks re-levelling the songs that I was playing under my old PSN profile and it was working great (with a new profile) until I started playing the new DLC I downloaded today. Now it's ****ed again.

Also, it would be nice if they fixed the riff repeater so that it gradually speeds up when I get all the notes correct. If I'm working on a solo at 60%, i don't think that I'm ready for 100% if I get it right once. Baby steps please. I know that I can control this manually, but I believe that the intent in auto is to gradually speed up (like the original game).

In RR, there's a setting you can adjust to determine how many play-throughs it takes before it speeds up, as well as what level of missed note tolerance. Check out all the sliders.

exolstice
01-08-2014, 04:39 PM
You obviously do not see the problem.
It does not just take "a couple of button presses". You would need to keep track of each section manually, maybe by writing it down. How do you get that data? When returning to the menu the data is already lost. Only way would be to enter RR before the song ends.
Even if you had the data available, you would need to enter RR before playing a song and set the level of each section.

Excellent point. The only way to "save" your progress currently is to:

Play a song and pause it before it drops back to the menu (erasing all leveling information).
Take a picture with your phone or write down the height of the sections somehow.
Unpause.
Start the song again.
Start the riff repeater.
Manually set each section to the previous level. Now do this for every single playthrough of every single song.

SO MUCH FUN!

I've had to go back to RS1, because even with the constant crashes, at least I can replay a song over and over and level it up each time.

:mad:

Oldmanjoe505
01-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Can oldmanjoe and steel nirvana please shake hands?
I know you guys differ in opinion, but this thread is getting bogged down with the discussion between you two.
Maybe you can use the PM function so we can keep this thread focused on the bug and a potential fix, should one arise....
I think we got both your views on it by now ;)

Thanks guys, appreciate it :)

If you notice the trend here, it's people complaining about the bug, and then Steel_Nirvana posts that he doesn't experience the bug, but others should stop complaining about it because it's no big deal.

Maybe Steel_Nirvana should just step away until he experiences the problem and can better understand why people are complaining.
Just sayin.

RSDAVE
01-08-2014, 05:48 PM
I agree, on one hand you have people experiencing the problem and complaining about it, and on the other, people who don't understand what the issue is.

None of them will keep quiet, and UBI is already working on a fix. This thread is so useless now it should be closed.

Jahardo
01-08-2014, 06:19 PM
I have been trying to post relevant and useful information as well as keep this thread alive so the devs know just how GAME BREAKING this bug is. When people persist in posting "just manually set it" or "deal with it, it's not the big a deal", it's infuriating. This is a support and bug reporting section of the forum so yeah, you are going to have lots of threads with this kinda stuff.

It is NOT complaining though. It is pointing out a serious issue. And if we keep silent about it, the devs begin to think it's not that big a deal, or worse the end user begins to think it's just them experiencing it and they have no recourse. I have a feeling this is affecting a huge amount of the ps3 user base. I'm just guessing here, but it seems that pc and xbox users are experience what some would refer to as a "minor headache" and us ps3 users have a totally broken game. Just a guess though.

But I'm going to keep squawking about it because as they say "they squeaky wheel gets the grease". Squeaking is not complaining or whining, it's the sound of a real problem that needs fixing. If you don't fix it you run the risk of the whole machine breaking down. No we won't keep quiet, and we shouldn't. Silence means the problem has been fixed. Until then expect regular attempts to "make noise" (in a productive way) to address this issue.

sh1kamaru-
01-08-2014, 06:56 PM
TBH I don’t experience it but that’s because I don’t play learn a song except a few select song or for riff repeater, most of the time I play score attack. I have experienced the bug though, when playing non-stop play the other day, it renders non-stop play useless, so I think it’s serious enough so that we could hope for a fix.

ModalLime80923
01-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Man I can't stomach the learning a song up to a certain level. Then I have to unlearn the song in order to relearn the song. I am not going to read through all of the dribble in this forum. I expect that the people are putting the game into the recycle bucket because after I get a more difficult song up to 85 or 95 percent and come back on and it goes to 34 percent my blood pressure starts to spike and I notice a vein on my forehead begin to grow. I am going to return this for a refund and I guess stick it out with bandfuse.

The tech I spoke with told me to pause the game and put the game on zero in riff repeater and then go back and restart the song. I don't know how he figured that was going to work but I tried it and as expected just wasted my time.

I have all the rocksmith 1 songs downloaded and also 3/4 of the dlc's which is a lot of songs. There is no way I am going to start a catolog of progress on each section of each song and manually adjust.

Goooner1
01-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Yes, it's annoying and yes, I'll be very happy when it's fixed, but I'd hardly call it a game breaker. It's certainly not stopped me putting in 145 hours and counting.

zrutherford20
01-08-2014, 10:44 PM
This the main reason I don't buy things when the first come out. I had the choice to get 2014 or the original and I chose the original figuring on getting 2014 at a later time. Bugs have to be worked out of a lot of things that are programmable.

ModalLime80923
01-08-2014, 11:03 PM
I don't agree with the dude that thinks this should be closed. UBI has a thread where they think that if you go into riff repeater and put all the phrases to 0 percent then resume the song everything will be great. This however doesnt do a damn thing so rather then them think they have some fix that could easily be proven to not work we should continue to let them know we tried it and it does not do a thing to improve the mess.

Steel_Nirvana
01-09-2014, 01:14 AM
If you notice the trend here, it's people complaining about the bug, and then Steel_Nirvana posts that he doesn't experience the bug, but others should stop complaining about it because it's no big deal.

Maybe Steel_Nirvana should just step away until he experiences the problem and can better understand why people are complaining.
Just sayin.

You should read more closely. I initially stepped in because someone was claiming the problem is universal, so I pointed out it isn't, since I'm not experiencing it...then he wanted to argue that it had to be universal because it was software and that's how software works...then we figured out he actually doesn't know how software works...then a bunch of over-the-top complaints about how this bug renders RS14 non-functional, which simply isn't true...then you step in whining about the conversation, obviously without understanding it.

Sure, it's inconvenient as anything, especially for whatever % have it reset after every play...but it doesn't make the game unusable. If you choose not to play it because you personally find it too frustrating, that's not the same as unusable. That's a choice.

And none of the over-the-top rhetoric will make the team work any faster to fix it.

RSDAVE
01-09-2014, 01:24 AM
I don't agree with the dude that thinks this should be closed. UBI has a thread where they think that if you go into riff repeater and put all the phrases to 0 percent then resume the song everything will be great. This however doesnt do a damn thing so rather then them think they have some fix that could easily be proven to not work we should continue to let them know we tried it and it does not do a thing to improve the mess.

This "fix" had been put to rest pretty quickly, aka it's not working at all. All I'm saying is Ubisoft has already come forward and told us they are working on a fix. Growing tensions between both camps is not productive.