PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Uplay - Downloading Games (Installers / Game Directory)

RRRudolf
11-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Hello !

I was led to believe that Uplay (after 4.0 update) is capable of downloading actual game files (for newer titles) instead of downloading installers (think Steam - downloading the folder and all the files inside). Is that true and if so which titles are supported and are the old titles going to be added to that list eventually ?

Best regards !

UbiVolfbane
11-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Hello there. The Uplay client downloads the game installer for you. After doing so, the game will require installing from the file. You can change the default installer location and installation path for games. You can do this under the settings option through the Uplay. Some of our older games may not be compatible with the Uplay client while many of our newer games will require the Uplay client. I would suggest keeping an eye over the official Uplay regarding any possible updates or features of Uplay. You can do so here; http://uplay.ubi.com/

Den_Chief
09-27-2015, 05:43 PM
Hi,

my Uplay is not downloading any games anymore is it possible due to the windows 10 update?

it came to my attention yesterday when i tried to install Rainbow six siege closed beta.

after a few tries i just deleted Uplay and reinstalled it, Rainbow six siege closed beta download until now is only 4/6987MB, if i try to download another game like for example my far cry 4 or assassins creed unity the download stats at 0%.

this is very annoying because we talk about a small 300€ in games i cant play anymore due a faillure in Uplay.

i tried to download a game in steam and origin an those downloads were finished in less than an hour.

i made a ticket with the number 02420760 they sended me a bunch of sollutions, tried them but till now nothing worked.

so any help is welcome

greetz Arikashiku