PDA

View Full Version : Good way to make money in Black Flag (Minor Spoilers)

johnrimmer1998
11-04-2013, 08:59 PM
When you have got the Jackdaw to about 85-100% (depending on skill level) in weapons and armour if you go to the north-west side of the map there should be a legendary ship. If you head their then there will be two ships each carrying 10,000 reales each. If you quickly sink one of them you get the 10,000 reales. Then if you leave the area before taking down the other ship the destroyed ship will respawn so you can keep getting 10,000 reales very quickly.

DinoSteve1
11-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Is there any way to get loads of metal quickly, I can never find ships with metal.

ACfan443
11-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Is there any way to get loads of metal quickly, I can never find ships with metal.

My number one gripe with the upgrade system. It would have been far more tolerable if they had kept material requirements to a minimum, or non altogether. Boarding is fun, but the requirements for so much metal and wood for upgrading has made it a repetitive chore.

Shahkulu101
11-04-2013, 09:29 PM
I'm scared to take on the 'hard' forts - I'm only at around 70% for the Jackdaw's weapons and armor. Will I be instantly obliterated?

DinoSteve1
11-04-2013, 09:40 PM
I started taking on the Hard forts when I got my hull upgraded to the second last bar and the third last broad side canons and I beat them easily.

johnrimmer1998
11-04-2013, 10:23 PM
I'm scared to take on the 'hard' forts - I'm only at around 70% for the Jackdaw's weapons and armor. Will I be instantly obliterated?
No you should be fine as long as you check there aren't too many ships about because I once got attacked by multiple man of wars and Frigates in a storm whilst taking a fort once.

johnrimmer1998
11-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Not really. All I can say is try the south part of the map as the ships are bigger and have more goods in general.

LatinaC09
11-04-2013, 10:38 PM
My number one gripe with the upgrade system. It would have been far more tolerable if they had kept material requirements to a minimum, or non altogether. Boarding is fun, but the requirements for so much metal and wood for upgrading has made it a repetitive chore.

Agreed. I even took down a legendary ship thinking I would get metal or wood (a lot of it) but nope.

FrankieSatt
11-04-2013, 10:49 PM

It seems that UbiSoft really messed up when make the requirements so high as far as material. You have to beat 4-5 ships just to upgrade one item once you get the hull up to 3 bars.

robinthefactory
11-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Not really. All I can say is try the south part of the map as the ships are bigger and have more goods in general.

For a lack of a better word you sir got raped.

D173120T
11-05-2013, 08:08 PM
It seems that UbiSoft really messed up when make the requirements so high as far as material. You have to beat 4-5 ships just to upgrade one item once you get the hull up to 3 bars.

I disagree,make it too easy to upgrade and you spoil the games longevity.As for forts,Mortar them and also big ships,once heavily damaged move in close and broadside them.

FrankieSatt
11-05-2013, 09:35 PM
I disagree,make it too easy to upgrade and you spoil the games longevity.As for forts,Mortar them and also big ships,once heavily damaged move in close and broadside them.

There is plenty to do without forcing people to take over 50 boats just to upgrade your boat enough to take on a Man-O-War.

I didn't say make it too easy, I'm saying make the requirements a little less on the materials. Why should I need 500 Wood, 300 Metal AND 15,0000 just to upgrade my hull armor from 3 bars to 4? Keep the price and cut back on the materials. There are plenty of ways to make money, there is only ONE way to get Wood and Metal.