PDA

View Full Version : Season 1 world?

KingMVPTuD
11-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Hey. I'm a old player from season 1. I was wondering if there is anywhere to play a season 1 world pre legacy and all the changes? Thanks.

zamz
11-02-2013, 11:10 AM
People have been asking for those for ages, but not even reply :/ so no...closest to fair world is strategic world, but it's S4 with legacies :)

KingMVPTuD
11-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the reply! I'm really disappointed to hear that. Lots of games have a lot of success with "old school" type servers. Kinda surprised there isnt at least 1 out there.

zamz
11-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Yes, wondered the same thing: why cant there be different season worlds going simultaneously and non-seal & seal worlds. These are long worlds each one, so it's kinda sad that i cant wait for any world to play in seriously at the moment. Strategic world seems to be taking a long time before it starts :/

AndreanDW
11-04-2013, 11:14 PM
I'm afraid they have only one code for all kind of servers, therefore if they change the rules the old code is gone forever

Moykky
11-11-2013, 04:56 PM
They gotta have copies of previous versions. And s2 ran at the same time as s3, so did s3 and s4.
It could be easily done in the same way as strategic worlds, meaning that there is s1, 2, 3 and 4 pvp worlds and one will open as soon as enough people has signed in. That way there wouldn't be worlds with handfull of people and we could play with the rules we liked most.

MartyAmodeo
11-11-2013, 08:23 PM
They gotta have copies of previous versions. And s2 ran at the same time as s3, so did s3 and s4.
It could be easily done in the same way as strategic worlds, meaning that there is s1, 2, 3 and 4 pvp worlds and one will open as soon as enough people has signed in. That way there wouldn't be worlds with handfull of people and we could play with the rules we liked most.

Actually they had a few issues where S3 rules and features "leaked" into late S2 worlds by mistake. Apparently the only way they were able to keep different versions running was by isolating a server and keeping its code back-leveled. The "leak" problem came in when they wanted to port some fixes in S3 back into S2. I'm guessing they just don't want to be bothered maintaining separate codebases.