PDA

View Full Version : Favorite City In ACIV

Wolfmeister1010
11-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Now that we have had time to explore and play the game, I think it is time to finally make a final favorite city in ACIV poll.

I expected Havana to be an amazing city, and an amazing city is what we got. MANY little nooks and crannies. I wish the buildings would be a little bit taller and closer together, but it does not really matter. Havana gets a 9.5/10

Nassau was supposed to be very chaotic, but instead is just another city. It is a GREAT city, but I wish they would have done more with it. Nassau gets a 7/10

I expected Kingston to be just another Boston, but when I first stepped into the city in sequence 5 (I think it was sequence 5), I was blown away. It is actually very large, maybe bigger than Havana, and although the architecture is similar to Bostons, it feels much more organic and vibrant, with more trees, colorful buildings, stunning gardens and courtyards, and really fun plantations. The bottom portion of the map, Port Royal, is extremely fun. I was extremely surprised that they were able to make a colonial style city so vibrant and fun. Kingston gets a 9/10.

superkootje
11-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Havana is best for me :)
Very vibrant, very colourfull just beautifull in total

LordWolv
11-01-2013, 06:38 PM
My favourite city is Havana. However, my favourite location is the sea in the middle of a storm. Never before in a video game has a location made me as excited as a ridiculously huge wave barrelling towards my boat - it's actually exhilarating.

lothario-da-be
11-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Its a hard choice between Havana and Kingston. The beaty of Kingston was truly a surpise for me. That atmosphere! Nassau is great indeed. I was very dissapointed in the beginning, but afther some time i liked it. It could have been so much more though.

ZAMBIA449
11-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Now that we have had time to explore and play the game, I think it is time to finally make a final favorite city in ACIV poll.

I expected Havana to be an amazing city, and an amazing city is what we got. MANY little nooks and crannies. I wish the buildings would be a little bit taller and closer together, but it does not really matter. Havana gets a 9.5/10

Nassau was supposed to be very chaotic, but instead is just another city. It is a GREAT city, but I wish they would have done more with it. Nassau gets a 7/10

I expected Kingston to be just another Boston, but when I first stepped into the city in sequence 5 (I think it was sequence 5), I was blown away. It is actually very large, maybe bigger than Havana, and although the architecture is similar to Bostons, it feels much more organic and vibrant, with more trees, colorful buildings, stunning gardens and courtyards, and really fun plantations. The bottom portion of the map, Port Royal, is extremely fun. I was extremely surprised that they were able to make a colonial style city so vibrant and fun. Kingston gets a 9/10.

Kingston is the best for me and i agree with your comments about it i rate it 9.5/10 though

Havana comes a close 2nd at 9/10

Nassau, again i agree with your comments, just not feeling this city, ok but not as great as the others 7/10

ACfan443
11-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Havana. It's a beautiful, vibrant city with heavenly ambient music, and the closest thing to what I'd consider a traditional AC city. However it does have its drawbacks, I feel it's lacking in height, scope, landmarks, and to some extent density. Its layout is slightly similar to the cities of AC3 as well - gridded in a few places with long, straight and broad paths. Also, my fears about its size unfortunately proved to be true (imo), it's not disastrously small, the size is just underwhelming - not quite big enough for the type of city it is. I never had absurd or unrealistic expectations for its scope to be Rome/Constantinople tier, somewhere in the middle of Florence and Venice would have been ideal.

My final gripe is not with the city itself, but with the game's utilisation of it. I'm pretty far into the game now (sequence 10), and the bulk of Havana's missions took place during the first couple of sequences - and even those were pretty basic and introductory. Since then there hasn't been a single return to Havana in the main path. And with every passing mission/sequence, I yearn for the next one to return to this beautiful location, but alas it's neglected every time. It seems at this rate it will quickly become forgettable.

Moving onto Nassau, now I had high expectations of this city, the way they marketed it as being a chaotic, lawless pirate haven sounded incredibly appealing. In reality it's nothing more than an uninspiring collection of garden sheds, with the exception of a fortress. I haven't noticed many pirates populating it either, it's chiefly composed of generic NPCs walking about aimlessly in traditional AC fashion. A disappointing city.

Kingston is more or less what I expected it to be - architecturally a pimped Boston 2.0. However its appearance, vibrancy and atmosphere (owing to its ambient music) are a significant improvement over the colonial cities of AC3, it surprised me in that respect.

Havana gets an 8.5, Kingston gets a 7, Nassau gets a 5. (Yay for arbitrary numbers).