PDA

View Full Version : Artifact Assault **Complaints**

Sassyplayer
11-01-2013, 12:09 AM
Way to go Ubisoft and all the complaining noobs for messing up Artifact Assault for runners and making defenders extremely overpowered. Here's a list of things that I've noticed so far that you took away from us runners that were helpful. Also a couple of general complaints.

1 - I'm still unsure about this one, but from what I can see you took away our knife stuns.
2 - You add a delay on smoke bomb and not to mention raise the cooldown to 105 seconds?
3 - There's no such thing as a fast activation teleport now. If you craft it all to activation time it still takes 3 seconds. Also we can't even teleport while knifed now?
4 - Took away chases
5 - I also dislike how we join a game when there's 5 minutes left or something like that and there's a huge lead in the opposite team and lose you still end up losing Abstergo Score
6 - Still hard to find game sessions with only 2 players.
7 - Constantly being kicked in limited mode randomly.
8 - Fps lag and constantly having to restart the game (And yes I've installed the multiplayer disc onto my xbox).
9 - Most of the customizations for characters are pretty much all recycled.

I'm expecting a lot of flame in this thread, but I'm hoping that some of you understand and feel the same way as I do. I'm also hoping that Ubisoft will listen to their players and put some thought in doing some kind of changes to improve the multiplayer and make Artifact Assault a little more even between the runners and defenders. And everyone feel free to add on your thoughts and opinions.

DerAnders
11-01-2013, 12:28 AM
I TOTALLY agree and want to add to your list:
- some of the maps are so poorly designed cause they're only on leveled ground, which takes away the free running aspect. In combine with no chases, like you mentioned it takes away the main element of AA as a runner
- the lock system is making quick locks, which are absolutely necessary, impossible
- kill range is way too huge, I constantly get killed from ppl starting to jump meters away, this also happens while climbing
- again, the stun lock!!! I need my teammates to help me out after stealing when I stunned a defender. It is no help, when I stun him, he has resistance and gets up quickly to follow me and my teammates aren't able to stun him again!
btw I don't think it's flaming, these are points which disturb players and should be mentioned, and UBI should care!!!

Sassyplayer
11-01-2013, 12:41 AM
- I have to agree with the map designs and them being on leveled ground. All I know is that us runners don't have much to work with in terms of escaping.
- As for the kill range I've noticed it varies all the time. It's either the kill range is huge and should be impossible to get or you could be climbing your targets back and still receive no kill prompt.
- Honestly, in my opinion the whole stunning system is messed up. No stun lock, no knife stuns, I've also noticed that I always get pulled out of my stuns to get killed 95% of the time.
And what I meant by flaming is that I'm expecting some players not to agree with my complaints :p

DerAnders
11-01-2013, 12:57 AM
And what I meant by flaming is that I'm expecting some players not to agree with my complaints :p

Ok I see :-) Well, so far, nearly my whole friend list is complaining about the same problems :-)

And again I agree with you :-)

Ferrith
11-01-2013, 01:02 AM
The knife stun has changed, as it is mentioned on this thread started by Michael: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/804340-AC4-Multiplayer-Tips-and-Tricks
(http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/804340-AC4-Multiplayer-Tips-and-Tricks)
As for the smoke bomb, I completely disagree. Aggressive (see "competitive") groups/clans used to attack in waves using one smoke bomb after another. Well, the smoke bomb playground closed. You now need to think and/or invent different ways to steal the artifact. Personally, the smoke bomb change is the only one I like in AC IV.

The kill range, be it huge, or short, might be due to lag. I suspect Ubisoft released the MP component without much testing, and/or their data server is screwed and needs "cleaning".

The last two weeks Limited Mode is a huge problem for AC III, so I think someone is playing with the cables and the plug.

The lost points show that the system is completely broken now.

Sassyplayer
11-01-2013, 01:27 AM
Thank you for the link to Michael's thread, it helped to clear out a couple of things.

I do agree with you on what you have to say about smoke bomb and completely understand. But the way I'm looking at is that runners are at such a disadvantage. We can't knife stun or stun lock, teleport is completely useless when knifed and takes forever to activate. Defenders, in my eyes have it completely easy now. I'm not much of a smoke bomb user myself, but with how they changed things in AC IV it would be nice to have that little help from it.

All I know is that Ubisoft have a lot to work on and fix on their servers. I know that Limited Mode was getting bad the last few weeks of AC III but I figured it would have been fixed for AC IV. I just hope everything gets fixed soon ><

Localist2012
11-01-2013, 01:47 AM
Stun-locking was never intended, it was a bug. I'm sure I remember ubi saying this before and possibly so were knife stuns? The smoke bomb changes are excellent !

Also you keep mentioning, "runners". Are you trolling? Maybe take a more clever and quiet approach to stealing?

Ferrith
11-01-2013, 01:57 AM
I do agree with you on what you have to say about smoke bomb and completely understand. But the way I'm looking at is that runners are at such a disadvantage. We can't knife stun or stun lock, teleport is completely useless when knifed and takes forever to activate. Defenders, in my eyes have it completely easy now.

...and yet, runners had a huge advantage before.

The only thing I can say is, Stop running. Sneak in the opponents' base and steal the artifact using one or two of your team-mates for distraction. If I can catch you run or teleport then it is your fault for making yourself so obvious. I believe the main change in AC IV is the change of pace, which can mean fewer artifacts but better points overall.

Those who are determined to play the game and have fun with it they will eventually figure out how exactly things work, and come up with new plans and ideas.

DerAnders
11-01-2013, 01:59 AM
The way you steal can be varied, I agree, but still, when you are able to climb clever routes and jump with right timing, it's very helpful for AA.
The "stun lock" in ACB was bug okay, but it was changed that you need an ability until ACIII, but to give the pursuer a 3 to 4 sec unvulnerability is just a drag.

Itsmewoodbok
11-01-2013, 02:07 AM

The only thing I can say is, Stop running. Sneak in the opponents' base and steal the artifact using one or two of your team-mates for distraction. If I can catch you run or teleport then it is your fault for making yourself so obvious. I believe the main change in AC IV is the change of pace, which can mean fewer artifacts but better points overall.

Those who are determined to play the game and have fun with it they will eventually figure out how exactly things work, and come up with new plans and ideas.

Trying to steal while sneaking will never work vs good players. vs circle campers maybe, but any good defensive duo will kill you before you even reach the art. And since smoke and knives are now nerfed, there is no way of protecting yourself. If you get knifed, then you cant smoke, you cant tele away, your dead. Stealing is a complete nightmare now, defending is so much easier. Competitive aa has been ruined imo.

DerAnders
11-01-2013, 02:12 AM
It works to sneak in base with someone who distracts but then? You got to run, I never saw someone score just walking or sneaking towards the map.

Sassyplayer
11-01-2013, 02:15 AM
Trying to steal while sneaking will never work vs good players. vs circle campers maybe, but any good defensive duo will kill you before you even reach the art. And since smoke and knives are now nerfed, there is no way of protecting yourself. If you get knifed, then you cant smoke, you cant tele away, your dead. Stealing is a complete nightmare now, defending is so much easier. Competitive aa has been ruined imo.

Thank you! That's the kind of point I was trying to get a crossed since I play a lot of competitive AA.

TripleR309
11-01-2013, 02:17 AM
._.
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/i/2012/319/7/6/nothing_to_do_here_gif_by_cartoonzack-d5l4eqj.jpg

Itsmewoodbok
11-01-2013, 02:23 AM
Thank you! That's the kind of point I was trying to get a crossed since I play a lot of competitive AA.

As do I, and the maps prison and portobelo are the worst maps i have ever seen. Since all of our abilties have been taken away or nerfed so much they are useless, this is the only thing we have left. Yet these 2 maps are completely flat. Even in game lab there is not much you can do besides make the circle bigger. Ubisoft are trying to appeal to newer players because they complain, i understand this, but us competitive and loyal fans of the game are getting it in the neck.

Sassyplayer
11-01-2013, 02:37 AM
As do I, and the maps prison and portobelo are the worst maps i have ever seen. Since all of our abilties have been taken away or nerfed so much they are useless, this is the only thing we have left. Yet these 2 maps are completely flat. Even in game lab there is not much you can do besides make the circle bigger. Ubisoft are trying to appeal to newer players because they complain, i understand this, but us competitive and loyal fans of the game are getting it in the neck.

I agree with you there about the two maps, although if it came down to it I would rather play Prison than Portobelo. But overall from what I've seen I think I would rather just go back to playing AC III, unless Ubisoft is willing to come to some kind of compromise and meet us half way or something.

swiftavenger212
11-01-2013, 02:59 AM
Played quite a bit of AA today against good players and didnt see much of a problem.

I ran with teleport and timephase. I also would use my teammate as a distraction at times and knife pursuers then instead of stunning go for the artifact. It works if you can get one teammate to help in and also they can support you by giving.

Timephase is amazing in this mode.

Ferrith
11-01-2013, 03:07 AM
Played quite a bit of AA today against good players and didnt see much of a problem.

I ran with teleport and timephase. I also would use my teammate as a distraction at times and knife pursuers then instead of stunning go for the artifact. It works if you can get one teammate to help in and also they can support you by giving.

Thank you!
This simply proves I was right to say,

Itsmewoodbok
11-01-2013, 03:09 AM

Timephase is very good in this mode i agree, but it seems to me that your tactic (rebounding) is the only way we are able to score now, and even then its a stuggle. And normally i am stealing alone, and random team mates arent usually helpful. Imo, you 100% require helpful team mates to score now, and you have to work together. Going at it solo wont work anymore.

Itsmewoodbok
11-01-2013, 03:09 AM
Thank you!
This simply proves I was right to say,

Lol, rebounding is an extremely old tactic, and most aa thieves have already been using time phase, thats nothing new.

WayneCain2
11-01-2013, 03:25 AM

Dude before you tell us how we should play the game, play AC3 on xbox against a competitive clan and only use smoke and teleport......bet you won't score once. You suggest sneaking around the map in COMPETITIVE AA defenders don't just sit there and let you come to them they track you down and find you. Being stealthy rarely gets you out. You suggest 1 or 2 teammates to distract wouldn't that leave your other teammate 2v1 for a rebound which rarely works against better players. Why is it that the game has to be catered to noobs.
and on a final note you don't get AA POINTS DON'T F&^KING MATTER IN AA IF YOU WANT POINTS PLAY ANOTHER MODE IT'S ABOUT GETTING MORE ARTIFACTS IT'S AN OBJECTIVE BASED GAME

Ferrith
11-01-2013, 03:35 AM
I didn't tell anyone how to play the game, I brought up an example. What I actually said is that it is a new game with new abilities and you have to figure out how to make things work. Because, if you can't score a lot of artifacts then you should reconsider your attack plan.

And, stop yelling. Only 12s do that.

Diffractions
11-01-2013, 03:54 AM
I didn't tell anyone how to play the game, I brought up an example. What I actually said is that it is a new game with new abilities and you have to figure out how to make things work. Because, if you can't score a lot of artifacts then you should reconsider your attack plan.

I'm not saying we won't make things work. I have faith in the competitive communities on all platforms to find a way to make this work, the question is why did they decide to change the pace of a mode that makes it difficult to function let alone try to have fun while functioning which is the entire point of playing a game? As far as we can tell they didn't interact and never have really interacted with the competitive artifact assault community. There are hundreds of videos and dozens of players that post videos to youtube, interact with the community and try to reach out to ubisoft and they were ignored, our community was ignored and our mode was essentially ruined. After ubi pulling similar things like this in the past the answer is no longer "adapt and change your playtyle to fit the problems/lag/bugs" The answer is to start looking at ubi and ask why they aren't listening to their community, and when it comes to things like the game freezing, why aren't they even doing their jobs?

Again stealth play is not going to work in competitive lobbies. It's nice for them to try to force it on us but it won't. All this does to competitive thieves is turn them into ability sponges who's only job is to throw themselves at a metaphorical brick wall in the hopes they can make a dent. That is not fun in my opinion.

EDIT: On a side note the perk that assists in the cooldown of abilities is the only positive thing I can say thieves have received in ac4 versus ac3. It's a small improvement but the way I look at things is what's the use of my abilities when the game or the abilities won't work as they are supposed to.

WayneCain2
11-01-2013, 04:00 AM

And I'm saying that this is an Artifact Assualt thread and if you aren't and AA player maybe you should find a thread suitable to whatever you play. We are expressing our opinion on the game currently, it's broken way too easy to defend EVERY single attacker I know to this point has a beef with AC4 AA.

I'll yell like a 12 year old all I want I paid no I won AC4 in an artifact assault tournament and we expected the game to be more fun but what's the fun in knowing when you reach the base you're gonna absorb either a wipe, time phase, tripwire, knives. get out and maybe run into a booby trap or get port-killed lot of additions but not a single counter to knives and shield

DomdudeDaGreat
11-01-2013, 04:03 AM
I'll yell like a 12 year old all I want I paid no I won AC4 in an artifact assault tournament and we expected the game to be more fun but what's the fun in knowing when you reach the base you're gonna absorb either a wipe, time phase, tripwire, knives. get out and maybe run into a booby trap or get port-killed lot of additions but not a single counter to knives and shield

Half of my brain cells died trying to make sense of that

WayneCain2
11-01-2013, 04:09 AM
Half of my brain cells died trying to make sense of that

Kinda the point to sound like a 12 year old >___>

CFarron
11-01-2013, 04:20 AM

The validation of that statement is debatable, at least in a competitive perspective. God knows if the players you were put against were experienced or new players, or if they even had the proper ability sets. Lack of communication is another huge factor, a defensive duo could easily anticipate a distraction and intercept the other runner.

Now, as a competitive defense player I can say that defending is much easier simply due to the fact that there is much less to be concerned about. Stealth doesn't work in AA, it is just a waste of time. The key to capturing is aggression. As a defender you take a vantage point of either side and communicate with your partner whenever there is vision of your enemy. Eventually, you are going to be found out before you even reach the artifact, I know this from experience. On another note, the more time you spend going stealth, the less time the defender's abilities will be on cooldown. Hence, aggression is the most successful method as runners can take advantage of the defender's abilities being on cooldown and they themselves could possibly have boost cooldowns. As of right now, the defenders have more at their disposal in terms of how much they can utilize their abilities.

A new method with a limited kit to snatch the artifact and come back to base seems far-stretched to me, but I'm willing to give the game more time. The new setting and characters keep the game fresh to me and I thoroughly enjoy the game despite not playing AC in months. Time will tell.

LucciUnicornRod
11-01-2013, 04:20 AM
The thing is that Ubisoft does listen, but they listen to the wrong people of this community. They are listening to the players who will put down the game in 2-3 months tops, the players who only play this game 3 maybe 4 days out of the week for what? 3 to 4 hours at a time? They listen to the players who don't know how to think, the players who cry about abilities, about modes that they don't understand how to play. Those are the type of players they have been listening to. I can sit here an complain about the nerfs of each ability and how Ubisolt is making the job of a thieve 50x harder then that of a defender but right now the only thing that I want, Demand to be fixed is the freeze frames. We can not physically play this game for more then 30 mins without being forced to reboot my console in hope that it's to a manage state. Ubisoft has no excuse as to why the multiplayer is this unplayable, the only reason is simply lack of professionalism.

TripleR309
11-01-2013, 04:57 AM
Dude before you tell us how we should play the game, play AC3 on xbox against a competitive clan and only use smoke and teleport......bet you won't score once. You suggest sneaking around the map in COMPETITIVE AA defenders don't just sit there and let you come to them they track you down and find you. Being stealthy rarely gets you out. You suggest 1 or 2 teammates to distract wouldn't that leave your other teammate 2v1 for a rebound which rarely works against better players. Why is it that the game has to be catered to noobs.
and on a final note you don't get AA POINTS DON'T F&^KING MATTER IN AA IF YOU WANT POINTS PLAY ANOTHER MODE IT'S ABOUT GETTING MORE ARTIFACTS IT'S AN OBJECTIVE BASED GAME

That's why you play with friends. Or a Clan. For me, the two are the same.

Oh also, caps lock not really necessary at the end :/ We can understand your point with or without caps lock.

Ferrith
11-01-2013, 05:04 AM
I'm not saying we won't make things work. I have faith in the competitive communities on all platforms to find a way to make this work, the question is why did they decide to change the pace of a mode that makes it difficult to function let alone try to have fun while functioning which is the entire point of playing a game?
Why they took out chases completely, and thus destroying two modes where chases & escapes are part of the fun, namely Wanted and Assassinate? [I am not fan of Assassinate, but I have watched videos and I can perfectly understand the frustration of Assassinate players]
Why they made booby traps for specifically being used in chase breakers - which defeats the purpose of having chase breakers in a first place?

If they actually played their games they would have known what is wrong, saving us the trouble of writing hundred of threads and making thousands of complains. But, as Lucci said (in different words) in their eagerness to attract new players they listen mostly to them than to the rest of us. In my opinion, instead of creating different threads with each new issue, we'd better start posting all these stuff on the "Feedback" thread, and make Ubisoft to listen to us.

phoenix-force411
11-01-2013, 05:06 AM
Easy answer: Play Wolfpack ONLY! I already hate this MP, and I haven't even played it yet. I guess I'll get to prestige through Wolfpack.....again......

pantherthug89
11-01-2013, 05:11 AM
Well for one, Wayne is literally the most experienced, skilled, and knowledgeable Artifact Assault player on the Xbox 360 and anyone who has played against him will reinforce that statement.

I understand that Ubisoft is trying to make Artifact Assault more slow paced, I completely understand that. But the main problem is that sure now runners have to be more stealthy, but what have they done to require more stealth on the defensive end. There is absolutely no incentive for defensive players to be stealthy, as a matter of fact there is repercussions to being stealthy as a defender and almost no benefits.
For example: If a runner is walking in to take an artifact blended in a group, any defender with a brain can point out exactly which group he is in. Now any defender who knows how Artifact Assault works is not going to just sit there for minutes on end trying to depict which one is the real player, they will simply run in and attack any persona look-a-like and if they pick wrong, either 1.) they have to wait another 5 seconds to get the "kill prompt" back to try again (and trust me a runner will not get to an Artifact in 5 seconds sitting in one blend group) or 2.) They get stunned, lock the runner and their teammates clean up and our runner is now dead.

You see the whole 'stealth" initiative will only work if your trying to get past one person at maximum, unless you are playing against really, really bad people.

Now if you really want a stealthy game you would have defenders only have one contract maximum to kill each artifact carrier, however that would be EXTREMELY COMPLICATED and would probably be more trouble than it's worth, yet that wouldn't even take into account the extreme ability advantage that defenders have. In AC3 defenders already had a huge advantage with a smaller Artifact circle that were in very wide-open areas that basically already required some sort of stealth or coordination to get to in the first place. Not to mention all four members of the team always had knives that were constantly bombarded on an Artifact carrier with only 3 abilities to defend himself which almost always have high cooldowns and can't be used consistently.

People talk about there needs to be stealth for offenders, but what about defenders? And don't tell me sitting in a small circle WHERE YOU KNOW YOUR TARGET IS GOING just waiting for your compass to light up and heartbeat to go off and drop a firecracker, wipe, etc. to identify your target. That is just as unstealthy and ability dependent as a runner sprinting back and forth dropping smoke bombs the whole way.

Last time I checked the term "balanced" means that both sides have an equal chance to stop or get past each other and everyone knows that's not true.

Diffractions
11-01-2013, 05:16 AM
If they actually played their games they would have known what is wrong, saving us the trouble of writing hundred of threads and making thousands of complains. But, as Lucci said (in different words) in their eagerness to attract new players they listen mostly to them than to the rest of us. In my opinion, instead of creating different threads with each new issue, we'd better start posting all these stuff on the "Feedback" thread, and make Ubisoft to listen to us.

I agree with this but I also agree in supporting threads like this as well. Maybe if you had come into this thread with this suggestion instead of trying to tell us to "play stealthy" or to just deal with the problems and find a way to work around them we could have saved 2 pages of people feeling offended and getting snippy with each other. Even if you don't think multiple threads are helpful they are, sadly, one of the only things to actually grab ubi's attention.

swiftavenger212
11-01-2013, 05:33 AM
I think Ubisoft was aiming for scores being 1-0, 2-1, 2-0, 3-2 instead of 5-3, 6-5, 4-3 and so on . Its not all about offense. Stealing an artifact should be HARD and should require teamwork as this is a TEAM BASED mode and not something a noob should be able to pull off. However they should have kept the chases due to contract losses but whatever its ubi, they dont listen anyways

Also you gotta remember majority of the public lobbies are newer players which is why they cater to them. People on forums are probably a minority which is why they brought in game lab. Either way only mode that in my opinion is better than previous games is deathmatch due to it never having chases.

pantherthug89
11-01-2013, 05:43 AM
I think Ubisoft was aiming for scores being 1-0, 2-1, 2-0, 3-2 instead of 5-3, 6-5, 4-3 and so on . Its not all about offense. Stealing an artifact should be HARD and should require teamwork as this is a TEAM BASED mode and not something a noob should be able to pull off. However they should have kept the chases due to contract losses but whatever its ubi, they dont listen anyways

Also you gotta remember majority of the public lobbies are newer players which is why they cater to them. People on forums are probably a minority which is why they brought in game lab. Either way only mode that in my opinion is better than previous games is deathmatch due to it never having chases.

You don't understand swiftavenger... In games against randoms with no coordination, the changes aren't that big of a deal... But competitive 4v4 with good people who have been playing for 3 years running is completely ruined and if you haven't played in either any of the Prom Tournament events or the XBOX360 seasonal your opinion is literally null and void.... because competitive games are completely different games than having two or three decent players in a lobby. So unless you have actual 4v4 competitive CLAN SCRIMMAGES and TOURNAMENT experience just please don't act like you know how the game works on a competitive level... just please.

Diffractions
11-01-2013, 05:45 AM

Acr catered to to offense instead of defense, acIII made it very difficult to score and it forced you to cooperate with your team more to pull scores off. Just because you see more than three scores in a game does not mean the game magically catered to thieves, it means the team working together did what they did well. Even defenders are acknowledging how this new game has dramatically tipped the balance in their favor.

And yes, we must be in the minority for how they respond to us. The hopes that we had of them investing more in their multiplayer in the hopes of things like legitimate tournaments to expand the competitive community were a pipe dream considering how they're acting.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
11-01-2013, 06:02 AM
Well well well....

I'll jus give my lil two cents on Competitive AA in relation to running. So running in ACIV is horrible now, an makes defending absolutely horrible as has been discussed this is why ii feel the same. Well for 1 all runners really can do is 'run' an hope to get lucky lol. The reason ii say this is because the of the lack of hard-stun abilities.

1.Firecrackers- Firecrackers in AC4 are pretty much useless now. The ability simply sucks now in comparison to AC3 firecrackers. The range is too small an the effect doesnt last as long as it's needed. When someone uses firecrackers on u in AC4 there's a brief flash that blinds ur screen for bout a second, after that there's jus a slight blur an the effect is gone.....that's not gonna
help in a competitive game. Cause if ur being chased an ur pursuer is behind u an u use firecrackers all they gotta do is make sure not to press 'x' for a second an they'll still get the stun. U run up to ur pursuer an drop firecracker in their face an try to stun them an u'll get a contested everytime, cause they can see u lol

2.Knives- Knives were pretty much everyone's go-to ability in competitive AA for AC3. Everybody used them an everyone knew u used them. They had many purposes....stopping a teleport, stopping some one climbing/free-running, escorting an most of all knife-stuns. Ur a runner an u see a defender running at u, so u lock him then knife him...u have bout a 2-5second window(depending on ur crafting) to get a stun in without having to worry bout being contested. In AC4 u have bout a .5 second window lol an im being serious. Me an a clan-mate tried it out yesterday an getting a knife-stun on each other was nigh impossible without immediately hitting 'x' after using a knife, which requires u to already be in kill-range an even then it only worked about half of the time. What ii mean by worked is, the effect of having knives used on me was present, ii was unable to move, an my kill-range was significantly reduced to where ii couldn't get an 'x' until it was too late. In AC3 one thing defender's hated was being knife-stunned, so many thing were done to prevent that, such as rushing someone with shield or ducking behind objects to block the knife or even using resistance to quickly get back up from being stunned. In AC4 all u have to do is press 'x' yes ii said press 'x' not mash the 'x' button repeatedly in hopes that u'll get the kill. Hell u dont even have to have the player locked, u jus need ur camera facing them.

3.Smoke Bomb- The delay on smoke is absolutely abhorrent for runners, an the 105 cooldown doesn't make it any better either. Smoke-Bomb is the ability all good defenders were looking/expecting for. An unstoppable tactic was knife-shielding someone. Why do u typically use knife-shield? Well because most often or not that person was running with smoke an u didnt wanna take the chance of being smoked cause in AC3 there wasnt a delay(if there was then is was very small). Now because of the delay an the new signal thing that they added shielding someone's smoke is pretty much gonna be a rare thing 'cept if the smoke is already out an ur running into/through it. Actually there's no need to run if ur target is close enuf, cause times outta ten u'll kill em before the smoke even bursts lol. I don't really need to get into the use of smoke in competitive AA cause it pretty obvious.

4. Teleport- Teleporting was the runners crutch since ACR, if u could port out to safe location wen the defenders didnt have their knives u'd score it jus about everytime lest u were an idiot an got urself killed. In ACR was good thing with teleport was that u could craft it's activation time to 1.5 seconds, meaning if u weren't locked an knifed immediately u would get out everytime leavin the defenders mouth agape (presuming u used it from a safe location). In AC3 u could craft it to 2.5 seconds while is still enuf time to get out quickly now in AC4 u can only craft it to 3.0 seconds. Now a .5 second increase may not seem to big of a deal, but trust me it makes a HUGE difference. There's many time in AC3 that someone will use the quick-port an have a defender run an lunge at them while their fading away. In AC4 ii doubt that happen as frequently as it did in AC3 an u'll jus get killed everytime. Another issue is the visual effect it puts on you while porting an after porting. I've noticed (this was tested) that if u watch closely u'll be able to see where someone is porting to cause the area around there will be distorted. Also after u teleport somewhere u grow really bright an ur pretty hard to miss, meaning defenders will see u everytime. Also once u teleport in somewhere u can easily be lock jus by the defender pressing 'LT' while facing in ur direction an even a while after u port. Making u a big target an easily spotted. An the last thing is once u teleport some where ur still a target (which in AC3 didnt happen unless u teleported into the opposing teams base) meaning u can be killed as soon as u port in.

So u cant stun the defenders so ur best bet is too run past them but guess what, that wont work either cause if they have the new an improved Sixth Sense equipped(which most will) they'll know where ur coming from everytime u cross. So how do u get passed that, well sixth sense only works if ur in high-profile(running) so walking in seems like the next viable suggestion. But all u have to do as a defender is camp the base the entire time an u'll catch them every time they touch the circle. An they cant smoke u so u dont have to worry bout that, all u really have to deal with is being knife before u can get the kill, Jus hide urself well an u wont have to worry bout that either.

If ur playing competitively an the defenders plan is to have one roam/stalk the rooftops an the other basecamp......the runners are basically ****ed an there really isn't a way around it, regardless of wat u do. Right now Defenders can jus sit on their *** an entire game w/o breaking a sweat while the runner are bawling out an raging at the fact of constantly killed an not being able to get a cap.

In all honesty ii cant imagine an actual fun and competitive game of AA. Im talking about a scrim not jus a random public match. I jus dont see it happening. A common problem in AC3 was that teams/clan often played too defensively. Now in AC4 u wont have to worry bout 3-man defense caused the new thing will be a constant 3-man rush. Only thing ii guess could work is jus relentless rebounds. To me ii dont see an running pair being able to score to score decently on a pair of competent, experienced, competitive, an knowledgeable defenders. Right now, I'd scrim in AC3 over AC4 anyday

thehobosdeligh
11-01-2013, 02:15 PM
^this is all correct. Wayne, Pantherhug and King are all correct. The comments about sneaking and being stealthy are just hilarious. Decent defenders will eat you alive.

Without hard stun abilities this mode is ruined. I dont think anything in gamelab can save it, short of elimating all ranged abilites.

metalgearso1971
11-01-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm not really a good source in relation to AA, but one thing I do wonder about. The few times I played I happened to be playing with people who had people stealing the artifact and others guarding our own artifacts. I read a lot of comments about not being able to run because defenders are having an advantage, so why not play their own game as well?

Just wondering really.

^this is all correct. Wayne, Pantherhug and King are all correct. The comments about sneaking and being stealthy are just hilarious. Decent defenders will eat you alive.

Without hard stun abilities this mode is ruined. I dont think anything in gamelab can save it, short of elimating all ranged abilites.

I do believe AC4 does reward good approaches a lot more than the stereotype let's charge in kills, but since AA is nothing more than go get the artifact I don't see why stealth should not be a viable thing to try. Just as you have good defensive teams there will also be good offensive teams who don't necessarily run the whole time.

Also, I think every mode was changed? I really liked DM and Wanted but now I don't, but what on Earth can I do about it? Complain over and over? That won't get anyone anywhere. Me not liking the modes I liked anymore is why I am now trying my hand at team modes, I'll just see how things go really.

pantherthug89
11-01-2013, 04:59 PM
If Ubisoft wanted to make Artifact Assault more stealth orientated these changes will actually do the exact opposite. My prediction is that the entire composition of teams will take a different approach in Artifact Assault. From my competitive viewpoint, since defense is relatively easy by most standards you will only really need one person with a defensive ability set up considering just about everyone else will have knives. I believe competitive will shift to start having more 3 man and 4 man (yes I just said 4 man) offenses that do not have set defenders and offenders throughout games and it will be more based upon who dies and is spawning in at different times. It will probably be more of a wave approach with each team throwing in an attack with the stated 3 or 4 runners while the other team unleashes a counter attack after holding off an attack. It could actually be an interesting change to the flow of the game and call for versatility and more rapid change of roles in players considering the 2v2 option won't yield very many results and the advantage will go to the team that can toss in an extra attacker at the right place and time, while defenders will gain advantages and counter-attack by killing off the enemy team's runners very quickly and initiating a counter attack.

In short terms I believe the desirable team composition will turn into a 3 runner 1 defender meta with the runners supporting the one defender as they spawn in. But there is no way a competitive player will ever capture and Artifact without running there... It just doesn't work. But I do have faith in the mode and I'm not sure teams have tried using a different team composition on a regular basis to be competitive and I honestly think the style I describe could put a new twist on Artifact Assault that calls for swift adaptation, decision-making, and teamwork not just in pairs of defenders and offenders, but as an entire unified team.

HamsteRHOOligan
11-02-2013, 03:45 PM
After I play the Game for about an hour it starts fp****ging really bad. As far as connection issues go, I havent really expierenced many Problems ( I got put into Limited Mode about 2 Times but thats all). I really hope that they will fix this.

Free_Hidings
11-03-2013, 10:45 AM
As a competitive AA stealer I can confirm stealth has it's place in competitive, even on offense (lurking low profile in front of team mate stealing can allow you naked stuns on their pursuers etc) however in normal situations defenders will find you before you get to the artifact. The smokebomb delay is just a bit too much. The knife cooldown is great as knives need to be used much more carefully now, but the fact that shield is so obvious from any distance means knives will almost never be wasted.

woodbok
11-03-2013, 01:27 PM
As a competitive AA stealer I can confirm stealth has it's place in competitive, even on offense (lurking low profile in front of team mate stealing can allow you naked stuns on their pursuers etc) however in normal situations defenders will find you before you get to the artifact. The smokebomb delay is just a bit too much. The knife cooldown is great as knives need to be used much more carefully now, but the fact that shield is so obvious from any distance means knives will almost never be wasted.

Stealth does has its place, as i have been using disguise more often to get past circle campers. but shield being so obvious is not an issue, since they can see it and wont knife you, you have that short period of time where you can free run and get out of there line of sight.

czeuch
11-04-2013, 10:12 PM
About Determined, how does it works exaclty? It doesn't grant you the bonus every contest kill, right?

Or does it???

PS: I'm sure I was on the Determined perk thread -_-

guitargod33
11-04-2013, 11:26 PM
As a person who's primarily played defense in AA for a long time, I will say that playing the part of a runner doesn't seem any more difficult than it was in AC3. Teleport may be nerfed, sure, but for someone who really knows what they're doing or has competent teammates, teleport shouldn't be the only difference between scoring or not. I will agree that there are maps with a decided lack of free-running options. More so than in the past.

As far as complaints? Well, I'm sure it'll bring back memories of MSM, but I really feel Saba Island is horribly imbalanced. Maybe I'll adjust, though.

woodbok
11-04-2013, 11:46 PM
playing the part of a runner doesn't seem any more difficult than it was in AC3.

Right. We cannot teleport when knifed. Our teleport no longer is 2.5 seconds. We have no way to stun. Knives dont last long enough of defenders on the circle. Smoke bomb has a stupid delay and animation. Time phase doesnt do enough. shield is blindingly obvious. the animations on certain rails have been changed so we cant jump off them. Half the maps in the game are too small and flat to steal effectively on.