PDA

View Full Version : Developer comments visible in game (Xbox360)

TheFlashrat
10-31-2013, 08:55 PM
I just got the game today and I've been looking at "people" in the database and under "Edward Kenway" there are what appear to be developer comments that should've been removed prior to commercial release?

The comments are:

Under 1st paragraph it reads:
(Note: Not sure a WELSH leading man would be interesting. Can we do ADR to replace his voice? I know a great actor from London who'd be perfect. Speaks in a gravelly RP accent. --DM)

Under 3rd Paragraph it reads:
(Note: Poor, handsome chap gets the wealthier beautiful girl. This stuff just writes itself. --RL)

Under 5th Paragraph it reads:
(Note: Is she happy? Does she nag him?Are we meant to hate her, or what? Because I certainly don't want us to feel conflicted about Edward's choices. He's the hero. Let's avoid scenes of him drinking or gambling. --OG)

Under 9th Paragraph it reads:
(Note: if we can remove some of the more unseemly bits of his personality, this is GREAT backstory. Edward's bound to be a hit. --OG)

Pic to prove..............!
http://www.files.com/thumbs/small/5272b5595212f/20131031_193256.jpg (http://www.files.com/shared/5272b5595212f/20131031_193256.jpg)

LoyalACFan
10-31-2013, 08:58 PM
ROFL! It's supposed to be notes from the Abstergo people outside the Animus. They're making an entertainment product out of Edward's life, but they're planning to edit it, hence the notes about replacing his voice with a Londoner who might be more appealing to a mass audience, and removing some of the seedier things he does.

TheFlashrat
10-31-2013, 09:00 PM
Seriously! I thought I was on to a winner there! How did you know that?

pacmanate
10-31-2013, 09:02 PM
LOL!!!! hahahha

LoyalACFan
10-31-2013, 09:04 PM

Because the database is always supposed to have been written by people outside the Animus. Shaun wrote it in AC2/Brotherhood/AC3, and Subject 16 wrote it in Revelations, which I guess was still technically inside the Animus but you know what I mean.

Sneltje
11-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Whaaa ha ha ha ha yupa Abstergo notes lol!
Nice try,... still funny.
It's like LayalACFan says....
Chop!!

Mr_Shade
11-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Yeap - sorry no cigar..

The Animus - is a 'Game' in the Game.. [oooh inception!]

eagleforlife1
11-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Hahahaha this thread is the funniest thing I have read on here ever.

Farlander1991
11-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Yeap - sorry no cigar..

The Animus - is a 'Game' in the Game.. [oooh inception!]

Gameception!

Yo dawg, I've heard you like Assassin's Creed, so we put some Assassin's Creed in yo Assassin's Creed so you could play Assassin's Creed while playing Assassin's Creed!

Damn, AC5 has got to have a playable "alpha/beta" version of "AC4", but with as much pathos as Abstergo Entertainment has got in their Pirate game trailers :D So you could play some missions from AC4 but, they're, like, not the same :D With Edward talking in a strict London accent and things switched there and there and there and stuff like that :D